Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
tim_pato

Default 2 querys, 1st s2 keyless remote resync in new ute 2nd power windows into non electric

Hope you all had a merry xmas. I recently aquired a written off xr and in trying to get its keyless remote to work in my ute, i can get it to lock with the remote, but then it imediatly unlocks and goes beepbeepbeep? any ideas?
secondly, i have all the bits and would like to convert it to electric windows i am not completly stupid when it comes to wiring, can it be done without changeing the bcm? in my head it can, i'd just like to hear some tips from someone whos been there.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 
Default Re: 2 querys, 1st s2 keyless remote resync in new ute 2nd power windows into non elec

one of the door lock actuators may be faulty, a broken gear possibly?

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
tim_pato

Default Re: 2 querys, 1st s2 keyless remote resync in new ute 2nd power windows into non elec

i did use an s1 actuator, would that do it?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

shouldnt be a problem,
are they both working ok?
the lock knob isn't fouling on the door trim?

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
tim_pato

don't know, i have a 7days before i go back to work so plenty of time to fill in. if i disconnect 1 door then try the remote that should tell me yes ?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
tim_pato

problem no#1 solvered, wanting to replace the drivers side locking assembly anyway as it had worn out resulting in the door rattling away, which also fixed the keyless entry. used s1 actuators and works fine.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Was the XR a ute? if not, the wiring harness you need won't be much use from a sedan.
According to the W/shop Manual the low series BEM will do the job for you but the harness inside both front doors and the one from the Main harness under the dash to the rear of the seat will have to be changed and MUST be from another ute. The BEM is Model specific, the Series 1 uses a different BEM than the Series II/III and the wiring harnesses are different between models.

I have an AU XR6 series I that had wind up front windows and changed over to electric, not a job I would like to do again.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
tim_pato

all good thanks papa, i do have a donor ute, this is how it went, after consulting the workshop manual and spending a couple of hours following wires around it was reasonably simple i just had to add a wire from the output side of the connecter to the main body harness, then three wires from the drivers door harness to the passenger harness (i used a length of house mains wire i had 3core double insulated) plus swapped the door bits. took a few hours but im stoked with the out come.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Good on ya matey, heaps better with Power windows, stop the slow drop of window winders. I wish I had done all 4 in my Lucifa, every so often I have to wind the back windows up a little, usually after I have washed the car.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post