Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-11-2005, 02:41 AM   #1
davemass11

Default Falcon au Havoc

Has anyone out there ever heard of an au Havoc. Saw one but have no details. Can anyone help with specs.

davemass11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Havoc was basically a dealer fit bodykit if I remember right.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

That is correct.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Certainly was, it was the C2R/Peregrine/Paja kit (think there are about 100 names for it) and was a factory fit option for all models except XR. I dont think it was a dealer fit but I am positive it was a factory fit option. The name "Havoc" comes from the badge they stuck on the cars that got the kit.

There is an AUIII Fairmont here in Silhouette with it, it looks fantastic.
Old 13-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Either way, its basically a body kit, dont think the cars got any "extras" as special items.

Old 13-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #6
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

yes i have a havoc i didnt know what it was at the time but it looked better than a standard au so i bought it.

mine came from portland so the portland dealer must have done it.

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #7
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

It was a factory option, but I'm pretty sure dealer fitted. It was available from February 2002 onwards for non XR Falcons. The pic's below are from the Havoc brochure.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 04:02 PM   #8
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

worst body kit ever!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #9
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
worst body kit ever!
ohhhh :(

Just you wait, you'll see :P

Although if C2R don't make the kits anymore, i'll have to choose something else. Maybe something similar to BlueDrivers, or yours rob. lol

Last edited by LG; 13-11-2005 at 04:13 PM.
LG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #10
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

I must say if someone didn't have the cash to get an XR but want a falcon with abit of presence, flair and a bodykit thats not the cheap n nasty fibre glass and covered by factory warranty then the havoc forte is the way to go.

When i saw it in the metal in silver with XR wheels it looks fantastic. The front fog lights are a bonus and teh front reminds me of a Pontiac.
Old 13-11-2005, 06:11 PM   #11
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
worst body kit ever!
I've seen a AU3 Forte in black with the Havoc (C2R) kit, 5 spoke 18's, lowered and it looked pretty good.

Also seen the same C2R kit for a car fitted with the AU1 Forte/XR bonnet. It had a slightly thinner front grill and looked much better than the high series bonnet grill IMO. Anyone else seen one or have any pic's?

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
Old 13-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #12
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here:

That's my plan: Bodykit, dumpage, nice and clean. Although I wanna keep my high series bonnet.

Otherwise I'll have to look at a XR bodykit or something, and do the lowering on that.
Old 13-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #13
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Thanks LG. Yeah.. that's the grill I was talking about. Looks way better than the grill for the high series bonnet. That kit minus the spoiler and a AWC bonnet with buldge would look trick IMO.

Picture this LG... in silver, unpainted AWC carbon fibre buldge bonnet (black), no spoiler, T-series type blacked out headlight bezels, highlights on side skirts and rear bar in black, black 19" rims with a polished lip, (very) dark tinted windows and tinted tail lights. A silver and black theme. Would look awesome IMO. You seeing what I'm seeing LG??

Forget the XR/XR50 front. It's become the new wh0re kit.. everyone wants a piece of it.

ps: That C2R Falcon above has some sort of weird side mirrors. Know what they are?

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
Old 13-11-2005, 09:41 PM   #14
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We fitted a havoc kit to a AUII demo with 17's & it took over 12 months to sell!
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #15
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
We fitted a havoc kit to a AUII demo with 17's & it took over 12 months to sell!
That would be more to do with the price, than the look of the kit. At around $5k, the kit wasn't cheap!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:07 PM   #16
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
ps: That C2R Falcon above has some sort of weird side mirrors. Know what they are?
Racing mirrors for reduced aero lol That C2R Falcon is actually a July '02 build AUIII XR6 VCT and it's a manual too.

LG, AWC I think are making the skirts and rear bar for that availabe soonish.
Old 13-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #17
SWOOP
XRSVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC-XRWgn
That would be more to do with the price, than the look of the kit. At around $5k, the kit wasn't cheap!
maybe thats the reason they dont exist anymore (sombody from UP did there research :0 ), I got qouted over 1400 for a rear bar and skirts in primer ,might be whizz bang plastic injection moulded thingys but still not worth $$$$$$$ they asked for the gear

cant wait for a fibreglass rebel kit to be made
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:22 PM   #18
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
It was a factory option, but I'm pretty sure dealer fitted. It was available from February 2002 onwards for non XR Falcons. The pic's below are from the Havoc brochure.

When I was looking at the XR6, I also looked at a Venom Havoc. It was a gas model. This had the Au2 rims. Anyway, it had more kay's than the XR, didn't have leather, premium brakes, premium sound and Sunroof. Not VCT and no IRS. And it wasn't a tickford. And it was $2,000 less than my XR6. I think i made the right choice. Well except for the gas bit :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #19
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOOP
might be whizz bang plastic injection moulded thingys but still not worth $$$$$$$ they asked for the gear

There's a HUGE difference in quality/longevity between the original and the fibreglass copies. You can give the original a solid punch with a closed fist and the only thing you might hurt is your hand. Do the same with the fibreglass copy and your hand would go right through it.

You could get away with a fibreglass bonnet, but the side skirts and bumpers, specially the front.. would not handle too many bumps. The mounting points on fibreglass bumpers tend to crack and break easily, more so on very low cars with stiff suspension.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
Old 13-11-2005, 10:46 PM   #20
SWOOP
XRSVO

thats a fair point 012 ,Im not questioning the qaulity just the cost

AWC seem to be getting good rep for the gear they make ,IIRC isnt the XR50 bar in glass, aswell as most of there gear and not too many probs are heard of???
Old 13-11-2005, 10:46 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

Interesting reaction to this - I think its a real love hate thing. The vast majority of cars I have seen with this kit are Fairmonts/Ghias and I think it looks great. But on a Forte I can see that some people might have issues with whacking a great big bodykit like that on an otherwise bog stock low spec car.
Old 14-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #22
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know your thinking 012, dont you worry. I was thinking it as well. Although if i were to go C2R, I'd stick with the high series bonnet. Would be good if you could get it in CF.

I was quoted around $2k - 2.5k, for a full painted & fitted kit, but of course, you cant get them at the moment. So they arent all that expensive.

Otherwise I'd go for an XR Conversion, with the 250 lip, and would probably go the CF bonnet buldge on that. I know AWC are making the Rebel Rear & Skirts, but i'm kinda after the front as well, to be different.. And I know i can make it look good. And it'll be in fibreglass, which I wanna kinda steer clear from.

It was a good move by Ford and they definately made some sales from it. Woulda been kinda good, if they chucked a few other specials on it, to make it a bit different from the rest, apart from just a bodykit.
Old 14-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #23
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Havoc kit to me looks nowhere as good as the TS kits, I only paid $2500 for my full kit and that was painted and fitting included. The kit is so close to the real thing Ive parked next to TS50's at shows and their owners have said to me nice TS!! Little do they know its a Forte underneath!!!
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #24
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, the TS copies, are good. But the C2R kit, is an option for people out there, for something a little different.

Okay so on the roads a week, how many T3's would you see? I reckon i'd see probably 5-10, whether they be genuine or fakes. They still look good, and how many C2R AUs, maybe 2-5, and how many T1s, and T2s, probably 1 if your lucky.

So for me, I want to go the C2R because it's unique, different, you don't see many around, and i know i could make it look good. Not only that, but it's roughly the same price and it's plastic, and fit 100%.

Although, I'm looking at different options now, cant be bothered waiting for C2R to be back in business again. If they arent by February, i'm getting a different kit.
Old 14-11-2005, 03:54 PM   #25
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you tried SSV in Sydney? The might be able to a replica of it??
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #26
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

There's been a few plastic C2R kits for sale on eBay over time.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #27
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOOP
maybe thats the reason they dont exist anymore (sombody from UP did there research :0 ), I got qouted over 1400 for a rear bar and skirts in primer ,might be whizz bang plastic injection moulded thingys but still not worth $$$$$$$ they asked for the gear
I like the Rebel kit as well Swoop.

I got my hands on a set of original side skirts.

I am thinking about the rear bumper but not the front.

I am not thinking about creating a TS look alike, just a bitsa that I like the look of.

So far I have mags of a BA (17") and the side skirts.

Uncle_Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 14-11-2005 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling again
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 05:09 PM   #28
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'm still trying to work out how this makes a car go faster? :

Old 14-11-2005, 05:15 PM   #29
SWOOP
XRSVO

agreed Uncle Ken
mate your lucky getting your hands on the skirts, If I cant get the rebel stuff for the right $$$ ,Ill just leave it or settle for the tickford skirts and rear apron
Old 14-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #30
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Smile Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm still trying to work out how this makes a car go faster? :
LOL, LOL
As my little AUII would only ever see the back side of your car Casper, I need all the help I can get!!
Now if I get driving gloves, then you might have to look out.
25 ks per glove so they say...:
Uncle_excuss me I've got gas_Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post