Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 15-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
martinodea
Starter Motor

Unhappy body kit drarrrmar

fibre sport gt style body kit/ bf mkII xr8. having drarrmers with panel beater. rear bar dosn't fit properly and stop light in spoiler dosn't fit properly? so he says. has anyone had experience.

martinodea is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

oh mate.........
This thread may show you some insight into Fibresports products, and why you SHOUDLN'T purchase them if you dont want to spend more money on making them fit.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post1829449
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
sfr rob

go to post number 21 and read on from there!
Old 15-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
martinodea
Starter Motor

Thumbs down Body kit

Well. $1900.00 for the kit. And now the panel beater (ultra finish at berwick )
recons I owe him $1725.00. And like I said the rear bar and spoiler light Aint right by a long shot. I told him to thump it where the sun dont shine and everyone is very unhappy especially me. $1725.00 what do you think about that? :
Old 15-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #5
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinodea
Well. $1900.00 for the kit. And now the panel beater (ultra finish at berwick )
recons I owe him $1725.00. And like I said the rear bar and spoiler light Aint right by a long shot. I told him to thump it where the sun dont shine and everyone is very unhappy especially me. $1725.00 what do you think about that? :
Hi Mate,

To me the question is not "what do we think about $1725", but rather did you ask them how much it would cost you in the first place? Doesn't matter what the price was - if you agreed to it, then you can't be suprised.....

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 01:05 AM   #6
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its an epidemic. I ended up paying $1850 to have my kit fitted. I've still got the email where fibresports assured me it would cost $1000 to fit and that I could get cheaper but you get what you pay for.

The guy who fitted my kit deals with these exact kits all the time, well that's his story. So I paid a premium and was expecting a good job but ended up with a pretty ordinary result.

Oh yeah, and after my kit was half prepped this guy tells me he's going to charge me an extra $100 per side to paint the driving light surrounds black! Otherwise he said they'd be body colour. Black paint is expensive nowadays hey.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 02:22 AM   #7
martinodea
Starter Motor

Lightbulb

Well Ol mate, That is the surprise I didn't. I asked for a quote. I was involved in a minor accident (someone hit me) and damaged front l/h corner. The car was there for repair. Apparently Ford couldn't supply a front bar for 6 weeks. I had been thinking about these kits for awhile. So I decided to supply the front bar in exchange for credit on the original. After thinking about it, rather than reordering the rest of the kit later and paying postage again I bought the whole kit delivered to the Panel shop. After the purchase and before it was dispatched. I phoned said panel shop and told them that the bar was on its way and That I had purchased the whole kit and that I would like a QUOTE to fit The side skirts rear bar and wing. Where upon I was told he would have to see the kit first. Far enough I thought. In an earlier discussion( as I was told by fiber sport) these are a GARINTEED fit. Never the less they would like to see the kit first. Fair enough. It took( I believe) two weeks to arrive. In the meantime, my son died. 19 suicide drugs. So we packed him up and took him home to QLD. And the last thing on my mind was a bloody car. Upon my return, I find the kit installed ready for paint. I voiced my opinion about the kit being installed before a quote was given and they proceeded to tell me that I was right and how great the kit was and didn't it look pretty. So I started to look around and immediately noticed the above mentioned problems and was told that it could be fixed. I said, If the bar don't fit it will have to be sent back for replacement as it is a GARINTEED fit. of-course they didn't like that idea because of the supposed amount of time they had put into it. TOUGH. Never the less They assured me the finished product would look great and that they modify and corect these problems in house. So wear is my QUOTE. 30 minutes later he comes out with THE QUOTE.I told him that I had already been quoted $1300.00 for the job. Where upon he gave me the sad story about how much time they had already spent on it and the mods needed. But there is more! Still in the same conversation when I first walked in and after getting over the initial general state of my brand new car( 8mnth old 9000ks) covered in dust as if it had been there 50 years. I see the air intake from the air box to the engine also chock O block full of the same Sanding dust. The heart of the beast. IRRASPONCABILITY and DISRESPECT are the first words that come to mind. Also in the same glance my brand new shaker that was fitted only 4weeks earlier just before the day of THE accident had been removed as the bonnet had been damaged and the had cut the hole out after being told the car had to go to performance shakers to be installed, this made me extremely nervous I was so upset I was speechless and we left (my wife was with me). Without agreeing to anything. When I got home, after about 1 hour I rang and told them To clean that hose and block it, stuff a rag in it. They said they would and I hung up the phone. Now we have the finished product. Unmodded rear bar and spoiler and a botch job on my bonnet. And believe me when I tell you there is more. But let's forget all that and I'll ask the question again. To someone who has a clue. Do you think $1725.00 Is to much to paint and fit a bar spoiler and two side skirts?
Old 16-11-2007, 02:29 AM   #8
martinodea
Starter Motor

Thanks 4barrel. Its definitely not a good day. Like you if the job had been done I wouldn't be having this conversation. Its got nothing to do with the money.
Old 16-11-2007, 02:47 AM   #9
martinodea
Starter Motor

thanks sfr rob, I'm starting to get the picture now, but never the less I will contact fiber sports tomorrow and ask them for a solution to this problem, undoubtedly right before I contact my solicitor. With mind you, a host of other sad stories of deception to offer up as evidence. So PLEASE, keep the stories coming. Then we can deal with ultra finish. What a joke. doubt
Old 16-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #10
sfr rob

Mate, I would pursue it for sure. Why should you pay good money for an inferior product only to have to spend so much more on them to get them right!?
In the end, you probably would have been better off buying genuine bumpers hey?!
Your panel shop sounds extremely dodgey to say the least. If I were you, I would push as hard as i could to get my car repaired to the standard it was before it went in for repairs, if not, ask for your money back, unless of course it is through insurance.

Do you have any pictures of the car, and poorly fitting, finished bodykit?
Old 16-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinodea
To someone who has a clue.
Mate, just take it easy.

Its a bit hard to provide an answer to an open ended question like you originally asked.

People are just trying to get more of an understanding of whats behind your "drama" before providing a quick one line response.

I could ask people here "is $65,000 too much for a GT?" and you could not provide an answer until you know what options it has, new or demo etc etc...

If you actually wanted to find out from people who would have more of an idea perhaps you could actually post this into the Paint and Panel section of the forums. Thanks to sfr rob for his assistance.

Also spell check could help people understand things clearly the first time.

Mods - maybe pass this one into a better section of the forums?

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #12
martinodea
Starter Motor

Does Anyone know a good glass man? and I didn't even have to use spill chick?
Old 16-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #13
martinodea
Starter Motor

Dandenong way.
Old 16-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #14
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

POLO PANEL WORKS - 1/11 Heland Place Braeside PH: 03 9580 1282

Ask for Vito, these guys are awesome in every aspect whether it's steel or fibreglass, had my front bar repaired and holes filled in my hardlid and am very pleased.

Sorry to hear regarding fibresports, fortunately I bought my kit when Adam (Falkeen) was involved and had nothing but praise for them.

sfr rob, I can't believe you are still whingeing about your kit as they do get damaged when bolts are missing and you are driving the thing around plus the fact the Adam came down to Melbourne and more or less fixed it for you but was to late as the damage was done. :

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #15
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
Sorry to hear regarding fibresports, fortunately I bought my kit when Adam (Falkeen) was involved and had nothing but praise for them.

sfr rob, I can't believe you are still whingeing about your kit as they do get damaged when bolts are missing and you are driving the thing around plus the fact the Adam came down to Melbourne and more or less fixed it for you but was to late as the damage was done. :

Mick
All the horror stories that are coming out now since Adam left the business, it's not good, and it shows just how valuable we was to that business. Anyway, I guess that's their problem and I'm sure if they contacted them they would help out. I think also you are mean't to trial fit, touch wood for me, my kit is perfect, except for self inflicted damage. But I guess at the end of the day, if it shytes me that much, I'll pull it off and put stock kit back on.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #16
dute
SLYME UTE

I have nothing but good things to say about Adam and AWC, front bar, spoiler and other things.

As for fiber sports I have only purchased one thing and no problems with that. . . .
Old 20-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #17
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
All the horror stories that are coming out now since Adam left the business, it's not good, and it shows just how valuable we was to that business. Anyway, I guess that's their problem and I'm sure if they contacted them they would help out. I think also you are mean't to trial fit, touch wood for me, my kit is perfect, except for self inflicted damage. But I guess at the end of the day, if it shytes me that much, I'll pull it off and put stock kit back on.
Sorry, typo on my message. Should have said how valuable He was to that business
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post