Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-03-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
robertjp

Default AU climate control fan on all the time!!

In the wifes AU Fairmont wagon the heater fan stays on all the time. The only way to turn it of is to pull out the heater fuse, this is okay when stopped but causes some problems when on the move (The fuse is in the panel in the engine bay.)

My questions are a) Has anyone had similar experiences the the climate control and
b) Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the heater fan / location ?

I have a suspicion that the fan controller is the culprit and want to check how this unit obtains power from the battery (ie via ignition lock / BEM / directly)

Looking foreward to your replies,
Robert.

p.s. Looked in the AU documents and could not find what I was looking for, may be blind however.

robertjp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

On the loom for the fan controller, there are 2 possible wires that it could be:
brown-Pink, or Red/Light green (Hot in run - ie when ignition is on). Both go from the fan controller to the ATC Control unit (don't know what ATC stands for) and the red green one also goes to the vacuum control solenoids. The other wires are black (earth), brown/orange (goes to EEC-V module) and Yellow/Red which also goes to the ATC but also goes to the blower motor and the 40A engine bay fuse which is hot at all times.

So, I reckon it is the red/lt green one, and it is possible that one of the vacuum control solenoids is bung.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a thought.......have you tried "re-setting" the climate control unit. It's a reasonably straight forward procedure. Let me know if you need instructions, have done this a few times. _2:
Old 09-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
robertjp

No, how do you do this. As stated, I can understand when the car is turned on - but why does the fan still work with the key out of the ignition and locked?.

Is the wiring similar to an EL, or did FORD change it. Trying to trace how/where the the fan obtains it's juice.

Oh, one last thing is that the fan speed can not be cotrolled lower than that when the car is off - higher yes but can't go any lower. HELP IS NEEDED!!!!
Old 09-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #5
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simple procedure, ignition on (engine not running) press the 2 buttons at each end of the "climate control unit" (off & face/floor) at the same time, the unit will go into a "self diagnostic mode" effectively re-setting itself. This should solve any problems. If further assistance is needed you can PM me. Good luck.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
robertjp

Thanks will try.
Old 13-03-2006, 11:52 PM   #7
Peteau
Starter Motor

Hi Robertjp

Have had the same problem with my NA Fairlane. Fan Blower control unit died. Its in behind the glove box. Ford part number EB19E624AXT. How do I know...just replaced it again. Cost quote from my friendly Ford dealer $318.75. Obtained it thru a mate @ trade $200.00. Don't ya just love retail car part pricing ?

The problem is leaves get sucked in and pile up against the cooling unit (evaporator) & the fan blower control. Not good anyway, causing premature failure of the evaporator, going to devise a fly wire screen on the air intake at the trailing edge of the bonnet. On the one I took out some of these leaves have caused the power transistor body to rust partially away. Doesn't work too good after that. Have tracked down the transistor on the net and can buy a replacement for $22. When I get a chance I'm going to repair that one so I have a spare controller.

Easier way to kill the fan is pull the glovebox out. Right behind that is a brown connector, two heavy wires. This is the power to the blower. Just pull them apart & the fan stops.

You need to pull out the glove box and surround to change the unit. Only 3 screws hold the unit in. Might be a good idea to clean out the rubbish infront of the evaporator while your at it and think about keeping the aircon on recycle. Hope this helps.
Cheers Peter
Peteau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

Put the fan on minimum, and hit Re-circ. Works for me as mine is on all the to me too, unless I do this.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
shahab_shd
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU climate control fan on all the time!!

Hi
I have same problem ! blower fan working continually !
Is there any solution for repairing the resistor or an alternative device ?
I find many speed controller or resistor for blower or any DC motor on ebay
or can I use resitistors for the other fords or other cars ?
shahab_shd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
robertjp

Default Re: AU climate control fan on all the time!!

The problem would be to find one that fits the space. In the above what Peteau said was spot on, only I went to Jolly's U pull it and found the right part.. That reminds me to clean out the leaves.