Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Default AU2 Fairmont. What bits will fit AU3

Scored a written off (hail damage) S2 fairmont today, as a parts car to keep the AU3 alive a bit longer.

What I want to know is what bits can use.
The leather wheel is a given, the carpet on the boot lid as well.
hood lining (main reason I bought it) will be swapped
How hard would it be to add power windows to the back doors? Is it as simple as the obvious hardware change and wiring mods, or is it a BEM issue or something?

Dash - too much effort
Cluster - too hard (apparently)

A pillar speakers should be an easy swap, just because I can.

Whats the little 'wheel' in the headlight switch for & can I swap it

I plan on keeping all the electrics, switches, lights etc and the drivetrain. I may sell the auto I have a good spare in the shed thats got 150k on it.

anything else I may be able to use? Will start a for sale thread once I work out what I can and cant keep

redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Default Re: AU2 Fairmont. What bits will fit AU3

The little "wheel" is the timer for the auto delay headlights... You need the Fairmont BCM to support it...

Power windows is simple as swapping the floor looms, door looms and rear actuators (and trims) over...

Cluster isn't too hard, but IMO, swap the entire dash just so you have all the Fairmont goodies like auto climate control, 6 guage cluster etc. Only issue is you'll have to swap the heater box...

The driveline/diff etc are all the same, so they can be kept as spares if you wish..
Old 20-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

so if i swap the entire dash, will i need anything programmed by ford? what about the ignition switch/key??
redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Oh yeah, forgot about that bit...

If your going to change the dash, change the ECU over, as well as the steering column... That way not only do you get variable wiper controls on the steering column, but then all of the smartshield matches up and the car should start fine.

Nothing else needs to be programmed..