Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #31
Rollake70

sorry to bump an old thread here, but how did u get around without your bonnet latch?

I only ask because i plan to build a custom grill, but don't know what to do about the latch
Rollake70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #32
mudwaa

Raymon81 just asked my question for me. ive got new bulbs i want to put in the foggies and the manual says just squeeze them out. who the hell are they kidding? ive left it for now as i didnt want to get frustated and use a something that will damage the surround and/or paint.
mudwaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #33
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollake70
sorry to bump an old thread here, but how did u get around without your bonnet latch?

I only ask because i plan to build a custom grill, but don't know what to do about the latch
If you pull off the top plastic cowling you can see where the key barrel joins to the latch mechanism... With the grille removed, you can just use your fingers to open the latch.

If you do a custom grill perhaps you can fabcate some cable system that relocates the barrel to inside the airdam or under the front bar.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #34
BlackLS
yum

Oh yeah after almost a year i took off the spray tint from advice from "the Pub", only to have my tailgate reversed into the next day.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #35
FocusLSHE
07' LS Focus - W/Mods

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2004
sorry my bad,

Ive been working all night!! bed time i think..

but stripes do add 10RWKW. believe it.

Going to get nitrogen in my tyres today.. adds 47RWKW

Luke
Stuff the nitrogen!! waste of money. u need that smelly thing goes on your rear vision mirror!! looks good and added 30 RWKW plus the chicks love it.
FocusLSHE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #36
FocusLSHE
07' LS Focus - W/Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudwaa
Raymon81 just asked my question for me. ive got new bulbs i want to put in the foggies and the manual says just squeeze them out. who the hell are they kidding? ive left it for now as i didnt want to get frustated and use a something that will damage the surround and/or paint.

Hey, Easiest way with no damage!

take out headlight, (remove top galvanised screw and unclip 2 clips as per manual) and frees up space to access front bar. find the clip that is attatched to the fog lite facia and flex in order to release it from the rear. once ones off the rest all pop off starting with the top colour coded section, then it all falls apart from there. to put back on just pop one in and bash with soft object (hand) firm but taking care and it will pop back on!

good luck. - TIP: for people if you do not have fog lights, the hole in radiator mount there for if you did have them, makes for good cold air induction access hole. just pop a few holes in front of the flush non fog lighted facia where the groves are and bobs your uncle!
FocusLSHE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post