Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 19-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #511
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
So occasionally i have tried to give rep ( 5 min ago) and their rep count didnt change neither did their smilie count change ...
Now this is totally random but COULD this be because I am on this persons IGNORE list ??
I tried again and got the note "rep cannot be given to the same post twice" hahah it didnt get recognised the first time ?!! Daz.
Depends what their rep points in their user CP are, adding your 96 might not have made them reach the goal posts so to speak to gain that extra smiley face.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #512
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Depends what their rep points in their user CP are, adding your 96 might not have made them reach the goal posts so to speak to gain that extra smiley face.
Nah they have more than me .. strange ??
Old 19-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #513
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
I have alot of rep from members with less total rep than me and I didn't get anymore smiley faces or many rep points but when I give it to others who have less rep than me they instantly get another smiley face.....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #514
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If, for example they had 101 points then they would have 2 yellow, your 96 would make then 197 which is still 2 yellow and as they had not exceeded the next hundred then their rep would also not change.

If they were above 500 and had at least 1 green then it takes 200 to give them another green although only 100 to increment their rep.

Finally if they have 3 green on the third row then that is the end of the line at this point, no more smilies will show regardless of rep points although rep will still increment for each 100 points.

Rep is made up of 1 point for every month as a member + 1 point for every 500 posts (except for bar) + 1 point for every 100 rep points.

So a member who has been on for 12 months, post count of 876 and has a rep points score of 678 would have a rep of 12 + 1 + 6 = 19.

This is why where are some members with high rep yet few smilies and some with many smilies yet low rep.

Clear as mud?
Old 19-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #515
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I will be brutally honest flap and admit you are on my ignore list !!

When i refresh the page after giving rep the rep points always increase by one ... but lately not so ?

So i ask a question
Old 19-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #516
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

When i refresh the page after giving rep the rep points always increase by one ... but lately not so ?

So i ask a question
And I know the answer but as you are ignoring me you won't see it so I will not bother writing it.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #517
05_ENFORCER

Ohh, stop it you two

Old 19-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #518
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
If, for example they had 101 points then they would have 2 yellow, your 96 would make then 197 which is still 2 yellow and as they had not exceeded the next hundred then their rep would also not change.

If they were above 500 and had at least 1 green then it takes 200 to give them another green although only 100 to increment their rep.

Finally if they have 3 green on the third row then that is the end of the line at this point, no more smilies will show regardless of rep points although rep will still increment for each 100 points.

Rep is made up of 1 point for every month as a member + 1 point for every 500 posts (except for bar) + 1 point for every 100 rep points.

So a member who has been on for 12 months, post count of 876 and has a rep points score of 678 would have a rep of 12 + 1 + 6 = 19.

This is why where are some members with high rep yet few smilies and some with many smilies yet low rep.

Clear as mud?
Unless Im also on his ignore list, he should now see it. Works on other forums anyway.
Old 20-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #519
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
And I know the answer but as you are ignoring me you won't see it so I will not bother writing it.
But if I copy the quote Dazzler will see the reply lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 20-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #520
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

When you have someone on ignore, you can still view there post if you choose to by clicking on the view post button on the right hand side of their post where the post number is.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #521
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you press F5 (refresh) after doing so?
Old 20-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #522
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
Did you press F5 (refresh) after doing so?
I always hit the refresh box up in the top section ( dont know the name) back to normal now .. strange

I thought it may have had something to do with them being logged on or not as well ...
Old 20-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #523
HSE2

It happens to me too for some reason. I can get people given rep but it’s only viable in my account. Sometimes it takes weeks for the number to change and when it does no one has added anything extra. I should be on 153 or 154 but it hasn't updated. It will eventually. I get it a lot especially if I get multiple reps on the same post.

It fixes itself or in my case it mostly does.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 20-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #524
gtfpv
GT

Quote:

So i ask a question

LOL DAZZ . i had FLAPPIST on my ignore list at one time too . he can get under my skin sometimes , but in the end i took him off it , as i kinda got a little bored not seeing his posts and ended up peeking anyways .
as much as he winds me up , i still enjoy his conflicting posts .
Old 20-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #525
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
LOL DAZZ . i had FLAPPIST on my ignore list at one time too . he can get under my skin sometimes , but in the end i took him off it , as i kinda got a little bored not seeing his posts and ended up peeking anyways .
as much as he winds me up , i still enjoy his conflicting posts .
Please don't admit he winds you up, you will just encourage him
Old 20-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #526
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Well with the amount of green smiles these people under discussion have against their name, obviously some people like them or tend to agree with them alot ?.
Old 20-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #527
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Well with the amount of green smiles these people under discussion have against their name, obviously some people like them or tend to agree with them alot ?.
NO!

LOL.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 20-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #528
WMD351
Size it up

hehehe
O.K. serious question, why do some members have a number of smiles but no rep power? Have they been naughty?
Old 20-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #529
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
hehehe
O.K. serious question, why do some members have a number of smiles but no rep power? Have they been naughty?
Read post 514 above, it should explain it.
Old 21-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #530
WMD351
Size it up

Thanks flappist, but I saw someone who's been a member for over three years, has around two thousand posts, and zero rep power?
With only one smile I figured he'd been disciplined, but I've also seen some with multiple smiles and posts/time yet zero rep power.
Old 21-12-2010, 02:46 AM   #531
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Please don't admit he winds you up, you will just encourage him
So do I get rep because I wind him up?
Old 21-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #532
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Good afternoon

You may have noticed that there are some little green box icons in each user profile that were not previously there.

These are part of the user reputation system that we have introduced on the forum.

Basically the system works like this:

This system allows users to reach predefined reputation levels as follows:

User can only hope to improve -500
User has a little way to go -250
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User Still on L plates 10
User P Plater 50
User Advanced Driver - well worthy of respect 250
User is a jewel in the rough 500
User is just really nice 750
User is a beacon of light 1,000
User is a name known to all 1,500
User has much to be proud of 2,500
User has a reputation beyond repute 5,000

All new users start at 10 points of reputation.

All users have the ability to add to the reputation of another user as long as:

They have 50 posts
and
they have 50 points of their own

Registered users can issue points as follows (once they meet the criteria above):

1 point for each 30 days of membership
1 point for each 500 posts
1 point for each 100 points of their own reputation

Reputation points can only be allocated twice per day and there must be 30 other users allocated points before the same user can be awarded again.

Only Admins, Mods and Super Mods can leave negative reputation.

The system has been introduced as a means of allowing all members the opportunity to recognise those fellow members whose contribution to the forum has been of value to them. It is not a popularity contest but is designed to help new users identify those individuals whose input to the forum is of added value.

If somebody has added to your reputation you will be able to see the last few additions in your user profile.

Best regards
Admin Team
Apart from noticing for ages reputation is a fickle thing mostly
Old 21-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #533
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
So do I get rep because I wind him up?

If I see it you will
Old 21-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #534
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
Thanks flappist, but I saw someone who's been a member for over three years, has around two thousand posts, and zero rep power?
With only one smile I figured he'd been disciplined, but I've also seen some with multiple smiles and posts/time yet zero rep power.
First one is a rep of lest than 50 so it is quite probable they have a few "frownies".

The second is somewhat confusing , they were not banned at the time were they?
Old 22-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #535
WMD351
Size it up

Quote:
The second is somewhat confusing , they were not banned at the time were they?
Ah, my mistake (as usual )
Checked a couple and they're still yet to chalk up 50 posts!
Thanks guys.
Old 18-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #536
Highway

ohh i want some smiles and points too!! all mine
Old 28-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #537
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Would it be possible to move the rep and report icons away from each other, I just reported someones post when I meant to add rep. My bad, sorry.
Old 28-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #538
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I wondered about that mail, now I'm wondering about the rep.....

Both reports and rep require two clicks, I'd say yours is the first.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #539
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

For those wondering we have implemented a cap to the rep power for non admin users to 100 points which is the same level as that of the admins.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #540
Road Games

Cheers Russ .... i'm surprised flap doesn't have a golden oval under his name ?
Closed Thread