Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #31
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Will the fit AU1 mate?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 01:11 PM   #32
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You need some AU2/3 Parts for the bigger caliper to bolt up.
- Modified Uprights
- Lower Control Arm
- Swaybar Mounting Points & AU2/3 Spec Swaybar
- 16" Wheels or greater on the front

FTG Auto Salvage can supply those parts.

I have rotors as well that i'll throw in, but you can get brand new DBA Slotted Rotors for $100/ea, so i'd suggest you get all new discs.
Old 14-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #33
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Personally I don't see the point in having fancy colours for brake calipers, but then I'm not into ****y stuff which does nothing for the performance of a car (body kits, etc), each to his own I guess.

If you must paint, at least do them black.

Rick.
Old 14-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #34
hambo_12

the blue sylox has on his ute will go great on a silver car. Oh, and dont forget to paint the "thingy" in the middle (technical) as well, rather than leaving it rust colour...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 02:24 AM   #35
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

hub (translation of "thingy").

Sox - why buy mags then?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #36
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
hub (translation of "thingy").

Sox - why buy mags then?
Because they improve the handling of a car. Lighter weight, larger diameter, wider rims, means lower profile and wider tyres can be used.

Don't get me wrong, alloys also improve the look of the car which I don't mind, but they also improve performance.

I'm not into things which do nothing for the performance, such as painted calipers, body kits, etc.
I've always found body kits absurd actually, a whole pile of plastic crap hanging off what is usually a decent looking car, and then to top it off, they decrease the performance by adding a lot of extra weight.

But as I said, each to his own, if you like it, do it.

Rick.
Old 15-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #37
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

What Shade of Blue LG?
Uncle_Ken
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 12:21 PM   #38
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Blueprint (like Sylox) or Royal Blue (like FPV). The brakes that are going on the car, are going to increase braking performance, I'm just making them look ok.
Old 15-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #39
Sox
RIP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Blueprint (like Sylox) or Royal Blue (like FPV). The brakes that are going on the car, are going to increase braking performance, I'm just making them look ok.
I realise that, though I don't understand the why a brake caliper needs to be a fashion statement.
Black is nice and inconspicuous.

Rick.
Old 15-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #40
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Sox the show and shine brigade don't want to become fashion victims.

Black is well black no colour at all.

I know you're not into the ****y show and shine side of things but painting your calipurs can't hurt and good looks never hurt anyone.

Just for the record yes mine are RED but thinking it over the Blue might have been a better choice on a white car.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #41
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Sox the show and shine brigade don't want to become fashion victims.

Black is well black no colour at all.
I like black! Just think, Black, minimum fuss, no cleaning issues, hides how small the calipers are and looks great....on a black car :P

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #42
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

A quick observation, 12 months ago blue led dashes, painted calipers, body kits and wings would of been laughed off the forums..
'Rice' and I hate that word seems to have even infiltrated AFF.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #43
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
A quick observation, 12 months ago blue led dashes, painted calipers, body kits and wings would of been laughed off the forums..
'Rice' and I hate that word seems to have even infiltrated AFF.
A quick look at the rice definition will prove you correct too.

"Rice is a completely subjective term, so for one to totally emcompass a true definition of the word would be masturbation. However, if you want my definition I'll do my best to explain fully.

My personal definition of 'rice' would be anything, that makes a vehicle (car, plane, truck, SUV, bicycle, go-cart, motorcycle... etc...) look completely and utterly stupid. That includes, things that make it have the appearance of speediness, yet lack the ability to be fast.

This is NOT limited to imports, any brand of car can be rice, even exotics like Ferrari's."

I dare say that a form of "tasteful" rice has not only crept in, it has come in screaming its head off.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #44
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Mine are painted VHT Blue. What ever that is. The tickford wings are white and the "T" is red.
Any pics ?
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #45
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennXRT
what about black calipers? (as seen on the premium brake package optional on BA) )
Hi GlennXRT ( or others ),
Can you remember if the rear calipers were also black or was it just the front ?, i have just landed a BA with the upgraded brakes and yes they have the black up front with the white ford logo in them which looks ok, but the rears are unpainted, and was wondering if this was normal, no real problems with that as i will piaint them to match.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #46
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Mine are painted VHT Blue. What ever that is. The tickford wings are white and the "T" is red.
The vht means very high temperature i think! I've got a can of their black lying around.

Cheers.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #47
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
I like the look of the Royal Blue, as it would go nice with silver!

I also see the point of not trying to draw too much attention to your vehicle.

It's been said before, each to their own.

Cheers
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post