Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #31
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
also, does anyone remember seeing a today tonight or currant affair article about a mother gathering clothing because her daughter made her promise to do it?!

Thanks.

oh and for a name... "APPEALS ON WHEELS"... what do people think? any further suggestions?

One thing Ms Pearly suggested to me was that we set up clothing 'pickup' points. For example, we drop off newsletters in a few local areas, asking for a people to donate clothing, also, put an ad in a local newspaper and we then designate a drop off point for a Sunday morning.Sunday morning at a local shopping center carpark, or the like, we roll in at a specific time and pick it all up. We would need a couple of people at each drop off there to collect clothing/items.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2005, 06:01 PM   #32
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Another point to make. If requested I can contact friends in charge of various other groups for their involvement, such as fordlaser.com or the R31 Skyline Club. Just depends if this is appropriate or not...
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2005, 06:35 PM   #33
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ You should get all car/bike/enthuisiast clubs involved, a bit like the mccr megacruise held every year for the Royal Childrens Hospital appeal
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #34
Psycho Chicken
Banned

While I'm working on the 16th, I'd be glad to chip in some money somehow.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2005, 10:39 PM   #35
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

guys. Date is set for the 23rd. I wouldnt be able to organise this (didnt expect it to take up quite as big) before that. I have spoken to Subway (my mate owns a store) and they said they'd organise cookies and drinks (coke, water, etc) at cost so we can sell them on the day too.

Thanks to the mods for making this thread a sticky!!

Ok, I proposed to go to Stanwell park as an end point but have been told that this place (havent see it myself) wont hold too many cars?! Bikes arent much of a problem. Can some one help here.

Keep the ideas coming.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #36
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
Another point to make. If requested I can contact friends in charge of various other groups for their involvement, such as fordlaser.com or the R31 Skyline Club. Just depends if this is appropriate or not...
The fear a few of us feared was if we get a bunch of V8 boys and a bunch of 4 cylinder boys, its human nature that some people will rub each other the wrong way. Dont know if this can be overcome.

Maybe a good speech at the dawn of the cruise could keep people calm and still manage to get the numbers. I just dont know how big will be too big.

Any ideas guys?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #37
mrs xa coupe

guys... any further discussions on these cruises can be found in the events section for each state. Good luck and I hope everyone enjoys the day and we raise lots of money for a worthy cause.
mrs xa coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 02:31 PM   #38
StuntDemon

This is a great idea and thought to do what you can to help those that need cash pretty much and a few pages back i think pearly mentioned that the red cross are miles ahead of the other groups which i think is pretty accurate, just wanted to point out that those that are making donations make sure it's to a reputable organisation; i.e. red cross, and ask where the money is going if you have any doubts!! There are some stingy ones out there...also with the aggression everyone remember this meeting is to help the 200,000+ people dead from this cataclysmic natural disaster so it's for a good cause and there’s no reason or need to show each other up
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2005, 06:08 PM   #39
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

hey all,

well, I now have a web site dedicated to this cruise.

http://www.appeals-on-wheels.com

It should be running by Monday, the 10th of January with all details regarding Routes and an overview of what is to be expected on the day.

Dont forget to check it out. Will post if I get it running prior to this date.

Kieran.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #40
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
The fear a few of us feared was if we get a bunch of V8 boys and a bunch of 4 cylinder boys, its human nature that some people will rub each other the wrong way. Dont know if this can be overcome.
Hah, just put the 6 cyl boys in the middle - have you considered contacting pulsar.org.au and fastmagna.com ? They have quite a few members. I see you have also become a member on commperformance as well.

I think it would be a shame if people start getting rubbed up the wrong way because the 2.0L boys and the v8 boys don't always see eye to eye - I would hope that people would display a level of maturity for a cause such as this.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #41
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

ok.... have the website running... I have spent only 10 minutes building it and will edit it slowly over the next day or so...

it has basic info.

http://www.appeals-on-wheels.com

it has details for Sydney and the melbourne event.

trying to remove that pop up too... will have it done shortly...

Regards,

Kieran.
Old 18-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #42
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Guys, dont forget!!

THIS SUNDAY IS THE DAY!!!
Old 22-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #43
Kermit

Any further info regarding the bit between Penrith Panthers and Olympic Park?

AUIII XR6 VCT - Venom Red

Modified JMM DEV1 VCT:- JMM Race headers, Redback cat back 2.5” exhaust, JMM hi flow cat, Modified airbox with pod filter & XR8 snorkel (JMM VCT Kit)
160rwkw

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 06:02 AM   #44
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

i think its not a long enough crusie to stop between the two points.

Hope to see everyone there today.

Kieran.
Old 23-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #45
BlackLS

I've just got back from the cruise, my first cruise apart from Anzac day Supercruise last year. Numbers weren't as great as we'd hope it to be, probably do to the weather. We mainly had FFAU members but also had a few from Hot4s forums and a bike forum. I also have a few pics to post just need a sec to edit them.

Overall I had a fun day and it was great matching faces and cars to usernames on the board.
Old 23-01-2005, 06:13 PM   #46
BlackLS

Default pics

Here are a few pics as promised earlier
Old 23-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #47
BlackLS

more Pics
Old 24-01-2005, 12:59 AM   #48
Kermit

Good pics ArgonEF. Yeah the turnout was pretty dissapointing. Rain stopped right on 12pm and stayed away all day. Good to meet a few from this forum, all very nice people. Let's hope the next one gets better support.

Thanks to FPV-Tickford Club of NSW for putting on the BBQ and Kieran for organising it.

Tod.

AUIII XR6 VCT - Venom Red

Modified JMM DEV1 VCT:- JMM Race headers, Redback cat back 2.5” exhaust, JMM hi flow cat, Modified airbox with pod filter & XR8 snorkel (JMM VCT Kit)
160rwkw

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post