Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-01-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Series III Manual ECU (6CLY) !!**WANTED**!!

Hi all,

As the title suggests i am chasing an ecu for a series III. My car is currently at my mechanics and still waiting on a driveshaft but he has discovered the car starts and should drive properly however the thermo fans run full pelt and untill the driveshaft arrives that is all we can tell isn't working.

I have a series I (Smartsheild) manual ecu that is suitable for cars built between 06/99 - 09??/00, if anyone wants to swap.

Happy to buy one provided the price is right otherwise i will have to get ford to reprograme the auto ecu.

Thanks, Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I had this same issue. The car will also rev a lot higher at idle. I got a manual computer and all the problems were solved.

I have been told many times since though, (and many here have had it done) that any decent tuner will be able to flash your ecu. The cost is around $500 IIRC, but for that price you'll also get a bit more oomph for your steed.

In any case, others who've had it done will be able to comment. Even if you do get the manual ecu, it will still have to be reprogrammed to match the car, which is done by Ford. This was the case with my conversion. The mechanic drove the car to Ford, (with the thermos running full pelt) then installed the ecu there and then, and Ford took over from there.

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok then in that case would ford be able to reprogramme my auto ECU or does it have to be a manual ecu???

Thanks for that info GK.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post