Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #2311
elizep42
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day, I'm Elias and have recently/am im the process of crossing over to the blue oval. So far I've bought myself and 1970 Galaxie LTD with a 390ci big block. I sold my "77 Holden Torana to fund this one. I'm also currently selling my "66 Holden HR Special to fund a new daily driver. At the moment I'm leaning towards a BA xr8 ute. Anyway just wanted to say g'day and i'll chat to you throughout the threads...

Cheers
elizep42 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #2312
Calboy
Starter Motor

Default Callum from Canberra

Hey guys, my name Is Callum, I'm 19, work at autopro and I am from Canberra.
In March this year I bought my first Ford. Bought the car with 79,000 k's.

This is my 2009 XR6 Turbo Ute in ego, 6 speed.

Engine/Performance Mods:

60lb Siemens injectors
Tune on SCTX3 flash Tuner
Full 3 inch turbo back exhaust, including metal cat high flow cat.
Thicker core intercooler with steel pipes and Blue Silicone Couplings.
Pod filter, soon to be a Typhoon intake.
Dyno'd at 302.8 rwkw, don't have the dyno sheet but it feels around about that. Getting it dyno'd is on my list do to.

Exterior Mods:

Cheeky stickers

Yes I am one of the douches out there....nah really the stickers just for laughs haha

20" FPV Dark Argents

Looking to get tint soon maybe a little lowering at the back but chances are I won't lower it as I don't wanna effect the ride, this is the first car I've owned with a comfortable feeling ride haha.
Also have a 1986 4 speed laser, 120,000 k's on it!

Here are my 2 boys!

Anyway, that was my intro, keen for any race day, cruises and such

Cheers
Calboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #2313
cobra8272
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Cobra8272
Have had a few Fords - none are memorable.

Now have a 2008 PJ Ranger for work .

Very happy and now decided to add a few extras.

Fitted a Hard top and sports bar on Sunday and now trying to work out how to connect Ipod/iphone to audio unit...

Also need to fit cruise control...

Will search the forums :-)
cobra8272 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #2314
Fud100
Starter Motor

Hi all I'm Craig and I have just brought a 2011 gt-p so thought Id join up too this forum
Fud100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #2315
rod038
Starter Motor

Hello my name is Rod and after quite a few years of driving Commodores I have decided to get back into a Ford and have just purchased a 2009 XR6 Ute, Nitro in Colour.
Not my first Ford I have had 2 before. My first car was a XC Falcon and my second car was an XA GT Coupe which I sold about 6 years ago.

Looking forward to participating in the Forum.
rod038 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #2316
ICar
Starter Motor

G'day all- this site seems full of really good info.

Trouble is I am a complete novice when it comes to technical stuff.

I am hoping someone can put me onto where to go on the site for info regaring the heater on a 2001 Fairlane Ghia.

Have checked fuses- all seem ok.

Had trouble with the battery terminals was cracked so it was losing connection

Have had that fixed but still the heater has stopped working, the wife has asthma and really not doing her much good in the cold Victorian winter we are having. We have had the car for only 8 months.

Thanks, I
ICar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #2317
falconutex2
Starter Motor

Hiya guys and girls, good to be here and I hope to pick a few brains before long
falconutex2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #2318
BFXR6_PROJECT
Starter Motor

Hi AFF members. Im new to the forum and looking for some info. I have a 2007 BF XR6 mk ll 4spd auto with k&n hi flow filter. Looking at a Hurricane 2 1/2" cat back, can anyone tell me if they are any good. Also wanted to find out torque settings for the wheel nuts.
BFXR6_PROJECT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #2319
falcon1500
Starter Motor

Hi all !
Decided to join up after using the kowledge base on here for some time.
I have been a "ford man " all my life (55 years)
in my shed/garage/workspace/refuge , i have an xp (250 i)centura diff ,
an xy sed. (351 clevo , fmx) a au 2 forte with ghia interior (minus the dash at present) , waiting for my panel beater son to help with install.
and another couple on donor cars au 2/3 in the back paddock !
Thank god for having a few acres !
Cheers via scarsdale
charlie
falcon1500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #2320
Model-T
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone I'm obviously new to the site although I've been a member for a little while, have never posted. I've had a variety of different fords over the years, the most prestigious being a 1975 XB GS - 302 cleveland, borg warner 4 speed and tango orange with black vinyl roof. Beautiful looking car and a lot of time and money spent before retiring her to a ford first year apprentice and then having it written off 3 days later. Now I've got a 1996 5 litre EF Futura which I've had for around 3 years, I've recently decided to try and preserve some of failing bits and pieces on the car and wondered if anyone could advise of a reputable window tinter in Perth preferably south of the river?
Model-T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #2321
lobos91
Starter Motor

hey guys

im after some FPV wheels either the dark agent or typhoon wheels does anyone know where i can get some ?
lobos91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #2322
Tsa01
Starter Motor

Howdy all.

Was a member here a while ago but lost all my details, thought it was time to jump back on board.

I then had a Eb Xr8 which went with the divorce, but now am semi restoring a
66 1/2 Muzzy Coupe just need the 4 wheel discs now.

I got Some "S" Pak # plates for sale which I will post up in the right place when I find it.

Cheers
Tsa01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #2323
lobos91
Starter Motor

Default Re: Callum from Canberra

NICE UTE MAN !
i recently bought a FG XR6 sedan , did the car come with the dark agent wheels ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calboy
Hey guys, my name Is Callum, I'm 19, work at autopro and I am from Canberra.
In March this year I bought my first Ford. Bought the car with 79,000 k's.

This is my 2009 XR6 Turbo Ute in ego, 6 speed.

Engine/Performance Mods:

60lb Siemens injectors
Tune on SCTX3 flash Tuner
Full 3 inch turbo back exhaust, including metal cat high flow cat.
Thicker core intercooler with steel pipes and Blue Silicone Couplings.
Pod filter, soon to be a Typhoon intake.
Dyno'd at 302.8 rwkw, don't have the dyno sheet but it feels around about that. Getting it dyno'd is on my list do to.

Exterior Mods:

Cheeky stickers

Yes I am one of the douches out there....nah really the stickers just for laughs haha

20" FPV Dark Argents

Looking to get tint soon maybe a little lowering at the back but chances are I won't lower it as I don't wanna effect the ride, this is the first car I've owned with a comfortable feeling ride haha.
Also have a 1986 4 speed laser, 120,000 k's on it!

Here are my 2 boys!

Anyway, that was my intro, keen for any race day, cruises and such

Cheers
lobos91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #2324
Tricksta GT
Starter Motor

Howdie..

The new car.. Sold the hilux for the upgrade a few weeks back haha.

Always been a ford fan, held onto my folks 79 cortina, straight 6. Had the odd paint job over the years until it was flogged out near morley about 7-8 years ago.
Bought and ED back about 6 years ago, they can look special but at the time didn't have the money to spend so sold it about a year later.

This is a beauty and my baby.. It's so plush to drive and sit inside. I was after luxury and break neck torque. First registered feb/march last year. 1 owner. I purchased it last week for a great price with only 7000km on it.

Hard to choose what to do, but in the mean time Ill just enjoy the drive stocked.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #2325
yzhilly
Starter Motor

G'day all i have just joined the forum .Always been a ford man just like my father and his father .I loved grandads old customline and fairlanes .I love Xa,s .I had 2 sedans and coupe when i was a kid now 20 years on i want another and i just got a hold of a XA fairmont sedan 302 auto in need of some TLc .All i need is time and money to restore her and get cruisin .Also have 1988 4x4 F250 that needs the engine sorted thats the next project .Im digging around the LPG threads to get some tips on gettin the F250 running better thanks Hilly
yzhilly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #2326
Frayin
Starter Motor

Hi fellow holden haters jokes lol. But hi everyone my names Jamie & I'm In the process of turning my XT Ba Mk ii into a gtp replica, the only thing I have left to do is remove the XT boot badge & bade the car up with the GT-P Badges I'm only 17 & look forward to posting before & after pics, also I live in Perth.

P.s looking to buy a front grill GTP & a back boot GTP badge which I'll post a thread in the sales section.

But once again nice to be in this forum & look forward to all the topics.
Frayin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #2327
Mr Ford
Starter Motor

Like all you guys here i'm a newbie love my Fords currently have a FG GS 315 Boss
Cheers Ken
Mr Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #2328
BFBOSS_Natalie
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Good afternoon all,
Was just wondering about FPV/Ford charity runs in the Sydney or ACT area ?
BFBOSS_Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #2329
Mr Ford
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBOSS_Natalie
Good afternoon all,
Was just wondering about FPV/Ford charity runs in the Sydney or ACT area ?
Hi Natalie try this club http://www.ftf.org.au/

cheers

Ken
Mr Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #2330
cytrymon
Starter Motor

Hi everyone its long time since last post on forum.
cytrymon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #2331
MADMAX69GT
need help to finish my xw

Default Hello peoples can anyone help in putting my xw ford back on the road

hello well i don,t know if this will work but i really need help to put my xw ford back on the road ive been trying for 23 years after it was painted and have been through a lot just to keep it moving around Alice Springs at least 10 times moving my xw ford every where with me then i moved to Adelaide to help my sister and took my cars with me and my sister did not want my help so i was stuck there and when they where at my sisters she and her frien stole stereo and two new tyres on 12 slots from my xy ute and parts from my xw sedan so i put them in storage in adelaide at rocky,s removals and when they where there they got broken into they broke the corner window,s bracket and stole parts from both cars then i put them in another storage place and they where safe at this place thank terry the owner of that storage for the security there so as i grew up in the territory and that is where my cars come from i have came back home and had to get them trucked back when i picked them up i noticed someone had busted the lock on the boot of my xw sedan who knows whats missing now when i get a shed to finnish them i will look and see whats missing so now they sit at my mates block out in the weather but they are safe there and i thank my mate for letting me have them at his block so i need help from kind people that just would like to see another ford back on the road so if anyone can help in the way of donating some parts it would mean the world to me but there seems to be no one here in Australia that would help and donate anything i,m not asking for money just parts that someone out there has laying around and does not need them and does not need money i love my cars and will never sell them as i,m 47 now and have always been a petrol head i grew up with the old school cars and love them and the things i need upper and lower control arms left and right 9 inch diff complete interior parts roof lining door panels ive get a fairmont interior but needs fixing steering box x2 would love to put rrs suspension on the front have a dash but not gt wiring loom so please can anyone help me i don,t want to hear from negative people only positive people that can help ive had to many people say you will never finish them sell them thats out of the question i will finish them and will never sell them i love my xygs ute and my xwgtho lookalike they mean more than anything to me so please if you in the position to help please contact me on 0487269175 here in Alice Springs anyway i know i may be asking for to much but i have to try as its been 23 years that i,m still trying well thak you very much for reading and your time cheers Andrew.
MADMAX69GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #2332
krisorford
Starter Motor

hey everyone,

ive just picked myself up a 2008 fg s-pursuit manual 6spd, black, stock, for cheap with very low kms.
thinking about putting a CAI and exhaust in it in the next few weeks, then tune it. just curious as to what else people recommend mod wise and what sort of power figures these things put out??

previous vehicles are
2008 bf2 f6 tornado in sensation (blue) auto 6spd... stock
2007 bf2 xr6 craig lowndes signature lightening strike 4spd auto.. stock

bought both my previous utes new, loved them and lost a lot of money on them.. decided to give the v8 a run this time as i've always wanted one!

ive attempted to add a few picks of the old rigs and the new one so yeah, any feedback is appreciated!

cheers kris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 351_84300110614_644_n.jpg (63.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 5210_241281160614_4416927_n.jpg (54.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 522830_10151693423890615_1654747707_n.jpg (127.7 KB, 72 views)
krisorford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #2333
72panelvan
Starter Motor

Hi all
just checking this site out
72panelvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #2334
crykieaus

Location: Up the Creek..But i Hav a Paddle....Sth Burnett Shire..QLD

Gday been lurkin here for some time.first found the site when the GF's Ba xt spat the ignition parts into the shroud , thanks to XRATE, had it back on the road next day.Thanks mate i owe ya a beer.lots of great info an people on here..just bought a BF Wag for meself after years of X and E series cars .cheers Shane
crykieaus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #2335
kevin tapp
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Howdy all Newbies!

Welcome to Fordforums.com.au

: : : : :

This is the place to introduce yourself and your ride, most of all enjoy your stay!

: : :nutsycuck : :
hi how is everyone got a 95 6 seater sedan ef love the power got problems with battery light & air bag light staying on
kevin tapp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #2336
Rin Tin Tin
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rin and I am from Brisbane. I have 1990 Ford Maverick, 2001 Laser KQ, 2004 BA Falcon Ute and a 2009 Ranger Dual cab 4x4 Ute.

Cheers
Rin Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #2337
72panelvan
Starter Motor

hi all
i would like to find out what kind of gear box does a 72 panel van have and how can i identifie it ... currently its in a hot rod the running gear
thanks
72panelvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #2338
Cambo351
Jag built with Ford money

G'day Fellas, Cambo checking in here from far far away in Europe.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm an Aussie and a Ford man since i was in nappy's, my old mans fault really, I was brought home from the hospital in an XB Panel Van with a 302 in it...

Before I left the Great Southern Land for greener pastures in the Alps, I had my fair share of Fords, even had one here for a while, let's see...

First I had a Feb 1982 Fairmont Ghia ESP, one of the last XD's made, nicely worked 351 Clevo (hence my screen name) I pumped so much cash into that car, sold it for a pittance, still bugs me sometimes...

I then had a 1970 XY Ute, held together with bog over flyscreen, I bought it for $500, painted it with some spray cans & sold it for $500 when the head gasket went.

Picked up an XE S-Pack, 4.1, manual, airconditioning worked, was a good knockaround, probably should have kept it but I sold it when I bought...

An XE ESP with an AIT Turbo on it...was a disaster of a car...threw so much money at it but it would never run properly...someone tried to nick it one night & it ended up in the river, long story...traded it in on....

A '91 NA Fairlane Ghia, nice machine with a 5.0L Windsor, drove it non-stop put 75000kms on it in 2 years...sad to see it go, it was traded in on...

A 2002 AU3 TE50! 5.6L with an Auto. Narooma Blue it was. Can't remember the built number off the top of my head but the engine was assembled by Phil Geroulis. Sold it to a bloke in Sydney just before I flew out.

Over here I got myself the biggest, fastest Ford I could find (and afford) guess what, a 2000 Mondeo ST200. 2.5L V6, 150KW, not a bad ride. Had to go eventually since my GF (now wife) can't drive with three pedals.

I was going for a Taurus SHO, the American model (a garage here was importing them) very nice 3.5L Twin Turbo, AWD, big like a Falcon, but ridiculous money and impossible to insure.

So I bought a Jaguar X-Type instead...hey it's a V6 with AWD...

But the V8 bug wouldn't leave me alone so I picked myself up a 2005 Jaguar XJR, what a machine, 4.2L all-alloy V8, with an Eaton M112 Supercharger, 400HP / 300KW, full alloy chassis, just eats the miles.

Living close to Germany I get to enjoy the Autobahns, only had it to 260km/h so far, but i'll be getting the speed limiter removed soon enough.

If you've bothered to read this far, you might be wondering what the hell this guy is doing here...well...

I'm an Aussie, and I like my Fords & V8's...
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #2339
ouredxr8
Starter Motor

Hey everyone, new to this forrum but not fords.
Fist car was an XB panelvan that i bought when i was 16 now im 31 and have owned probably every model falcon from XB-BA and have recently sold the BA and brought an ED XR8 5 speed, goes ok i guess. Its not a daily so the boy and i are hopefully going to clean up the body and then hopefully stroke it over the next few years so will be looking and asking around for performance mods etc .
ouredxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #2340
haydengolz
Starter Motor

Hey,
Just brought a new car to drive when i get my p's. I got an 08/2000 AU2 Ford Falcon Forte. Its the station wagon and it is the 6 seater version.
I just needed a car that is going to be cheap to register as my first car was not going to be ready in time. (The first car is a 1986 Mitsubishi Colt Sedan). I'm going to keep the Falcon going, and hopefully make it look nice at the moment. I would love to eventually put a BA front on it, but we'll see about that
haydengolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post