Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-02-2016, 01:42 AM   #2281
Spurious

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
Blokes who cough up greenies and drop 'em in public places. Ewww...
I'll see your greeny & raise you a cray fishermans snog!!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #2282
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
I'll see your greeny & raise you a cray fishermans snog!!!
How about a Bushman's Blow?
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #2283
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I detest the way media likes to show you football players / cricketers etc doing that. Back in the 1960's playing Rugby your shorts had a pocket and mum made sure you had a clean hankie.

Cheers Vinny

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #2284
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
What's even worse is when I see people putting their finger over one nostril and blowing out their other nostril onto the ground. Absolutely sickening.
THAT is a cray fishermans snog! Disgusting in a public place agreed.
I do it while I'm snorkeling but I'm at least 100m from anyone when I do it...& I must do it. Salt water just has that effect on the sinus unfortunately.
This user likes this post:
Old 22-02-2016, 07:59 PM   #2285
Spurious

Of late I'm really hating stupid people. There's no other name for it really.

2 weeks ago I went to get fuel, driveway service & the young girl puts the pump nozzle into a gap ABOVE the filler neck. Starts pumping away & promptly informs me that "something is wrong" when fuel starts hitting the ground.
Once I'd looked & saw the issue, I stated in a very stern voice "look where you put the pump", to which she replies "oh that was stupid wasn't it". I said "NO COMMENT".

3 days ago, late evening, at woolies to get tobacco. The entire service desk is "closed", I walk up to it anyway ('cause that's where the tobacco is) only to be told by the young lass at the self serve that those checkouts are closed. I said I need tobacco...then the supervisor walks past her & repeats that they are closed. I literally had to yell at her to state I need tobacco.
My point was, closed or not, someone EVENTUALLY has to walk behind the service desk to get the @#$#@ tobacco !!!!

Now today, at coles, I get to the checkout, put items on belt, (INCLUDING MY PLASTIC COLES BAG), the guy grabs the bag & puts it on the rack, scans the items & puts them on the next belt....THEN ASKS ME IF I WANT A BAG....OMFG.... In a very stern voice I stated "I JUST GAVE YOU ONE".

Someone please just take me out the back & shoot me already !!!
4 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2016, 08:04 PM   #2286
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Of late I'm really hating stupid people. There's no other name for it really.

2 weeks ago I went to get fuel, driveway service & the young girl puts the pump nozzle into a gap ABOVE the filler neck. Starts pumping away & promptly informs me that "something is wrong" when fuel starts hitting the ground.
Once I'd looked & saw the issue, I stated in a very stern voice "look where you put the pump", to which she replies "oh that was stupid wasn't it". I said "NO COMMENT".

3 days ago, late evening, at woolies to get tobacco. The entire service desk is "closed", I walk up to it anyway ('cause that's where the tobacco is) only to be told by the young lass at the self serve that those checkouts are closed. I said I need tobacco...then the supervisor walks past her & repeats that they are closed. I literally had to yell at her to state I need tobacco.
My point was, closed or not, someone EVENTUALLY has to walk behind the service desk to get the @#$#@ tobacco !!!!

Now today, at coles, I get to the checkout, put items on belt, (INCLUDING MY PLASTIC COLES BAG), the guy grabs the bag & puts it on the rack, scans the items & puts them on the next belt....THEN ASKS ME IF I WANT A @#$#@ BAG.......in a very stern voice I stated "I JUST GAVE YOU ONE".

Someone please just take me out the back & shoot me already !!!
Turns out they stopped teaching the common sense course at tafe a few years back
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #2287
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Turns out they stopped teaching the common sense course at tafe a few years back
Funny you should say that.
I'm about to start a tafe course & I've already been informed there's a couple of clowns in the group!
It never fails!!!
Old 22-02-2016, 08:46 PM   #2288
Kicking back

Quote:
I'm about to start a tafe course & I've already been informed there's a couple of clowns in the group!
It never fails!!!
The clowns usually drop out in the first year. How else do you think maccas finds its employees....
Old 23-02-2016, 12:34 AM   #2289
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It never fails!!!
Maybe they can teach you how to juggle, or squirt water from a flower, or ride a really small bicycle with really big shoes on.
Old 23-02-2016, 12:42 AM   #2290
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Commonsense starts at birth.
' Johnny NO! Don't put the coathanger in the power socket!'
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #2291
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Is that why they are plastic now

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #2292
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure most people would agree with this one. One of the worst things to happen to you would be having to have to catch the public bus home that not only is filthy and greasey but to cop someone in front of you who reeks of a very **** smell which you cannot escape.
xr6-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #2293
marty351
Shenanigans..............

All the new cars (mainly jap/korean) that emanate a bad fart smell.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2016, 02:53 PM   #2294
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6-FTW View Post
I'm sure most people would agree with this one. One of the worst things to happen to you would be having to have to catch the public bus home that not only is filthy and greasey but to cop someone in front of you who reeks of a very **** smell which you cannot escape.
I know, I live in Blacktown. Lots of smelly people here.But the Junkies on the buses and trains are worse. Then you get the peasants who refuse to pay.
Old 23-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #2295
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Thats why rcds were made mandatory on power circuits.. its to combat Darwin ism. It explains why there are so many more dopes around then years ago...
2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2016, 10:16 PM   #2296
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

For the last year i have been keeping an eye on carsales for an NP Pajero to replace my GQ patrol. I need it to have a bullbar and was waiting for a good example to come up. I've looked at around 20 and nothing has come up immaculate.

I've been overseas with work for the last 4 months and had a look on carsales yesterday. I shouldn't have done that, exactly what i am after has turned up. I'm not home for another 3 months.

Geeze i hate it when you want something it's not there, then when you cant have it, it is there.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #2297
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
For the last year i have been keeping an eye on carsales for an NP Pajero to replace my GQ patrol. I need it to have a bullbar and was waiting for a good example to come up. I've looked at around 20 and nothing has come up immaculate.

I've been overseas with work for the last 4 months and had a look on carsales yesterday. I shouldn't have done that, exactly what i am after has turned up. I'm not home for another 3 months.

Geeze i hate it when you want something it's not there, then when you cant have it, it is there.
You should email them to let them know you are a keen buyer but currently away on overseas business but you have already organised a shipping company to take care of collecting the car. Mention Western Union somewhere in your email.
Should be no issues approaching a seller like this

But yes, definitely frustrating when you've invested the time and waiting for the right one to appear, and it does at the wrong time
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #2298
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

On line shopping. Well, maybe not the whole experience but today I needed to order a new cable and lever for my rocker recliner chair. Looked up how to change it on you tube and pulled the old unit out.

Do you think it is possible to take my old part to a place and ask for another one of these??? NO WAY!!! CANNOT BE DONE!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!! Ordered a new part on line and hoping like **** it'll fit. If it does not then I have the headf**k of trying to find the right part and somehow returning the wrong part to who knows where.......

I much prefer the bricks and mortar shops, I'm showing my age.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #2299
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
On line shopping. Well, maybe not the whole experience but today I needed to order a new cable and lever for my rocker recliner chair. Looked up how to change it on you tube and pulled the old unit out.

Do you think it is possible to take my old part to a place and ask for another one of these??? NO WAY!!! CANNOT BE DONE!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!! Ordered a new part on line and hoping like **** it'll fit. If it does not then I have the headf**k of trying to find the right part and somehow returning the wrong part to who knows where.......

I much prefer the bricks and mortar shops, I'm showing my age.
Got told I couldn't buy a replacement remote for my garage door. I would need to upgrade to a whole new receiver system. Found a website in the states selling genuine multicode remotes I needed for next to nothing around $10 usd each. I bought 3 with postage they cost me $70 AUD and I had them, sent from California in a few days.

Last edited by GXL078; 28-02-2016 at 05:09 PM. Reason: con't speel priporly
Old 28-02-2016, 06:50 PM   #2300
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Todays' gripe is about useless country auctioneers. You know the ones, there's 2 or 3 all working in rotation, all over 60 and all with NFI about what they are selling. A big tent and poles in 2 separate packs ona pallet is a tarp and some pipes , some fabricated HD steel racking is a pile of scrap steel , antique cupboards and a gentlemans robe etc. are just some cabinets and an old wardrobe, etc, etc.... you get the idea..

On top of that, they ignore your bids because the sprukers are barking out the bids from people at the back of the crowd and ignoring the bloke standing right beside them . Then they have a complete disregard for packaging and the protective packing contained there-in and just rip and tear at boxes and cartons to get a look at what's in there instead of taking half a second and using BOTH HANDS to open a box or pack, instantly devaluing some items in the blink of an eye or trashing the protective packing so the buyer now has a much harder job getting the item home in one piece undamaged..
Imagine finding a mint Biante twin mirror HO in it's mint box and then watching the spruker rip the box open and yank the car out to wave it at a bunch of middle aged cockies, fishermen, retired types and CWA women. It's enough to make a collector cry. You should have seen his face when I told him he'd just devalued the whole item by half because of his ham fisted ignorance.
I had to walk away in the end and get out of there lest I launch into them for their incompetence.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2016, 09:24 PM   #2301
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Went to Bunnings yesterday to get my usual fix. Started the day early and didn't have time for a coffee. Pay at the trade counter and confirm with the guy that there is a cafe at the other end of the store. "There is, but you can grab a free coffee right there (points to the setup next to the trade desk)". Sweet I thought - I never say no to free stuff. Plus, my car was parked in the yard as I needed to load it and then pay so I didn't need to move the car out then park again. Then he continued...

"To get the hot water you just flick the lever back". I thought he was referring to one of those under mount zip boilers. I walk to the sink and look for it - confused.

I then asked him what lever? - and he replied the tap mixer lever - as in, use the mains hot water from the mixer (as if I had never seen one before).

I politely declined his offer (wonder what would have been the reply had I asked for milk?) and drove out than parked at the other end where the cafe was.

Go in, and the cafe was closed, although it was meant to open at 8am and it was already 9.

Oh well....

Old 28-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #2302
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The way Hotmail is slowly being transformed into Live / Outlook...

Hate it, and there is no going back :(

Old 28-02-2016, 10:12 PM   #2303
Boosted8
Banned

A pack of rat kids (aged approx 12-15) tried to steal my bike this morning. They had the audacity to walk down the driveway and scope it all out - including ringing the doorbell to check if anyone was home. Then when I caught them in the act, they said "we were just wondering if you had any old bikes you want to get rid of?" Apparently a shiny, brand new bike chained to a pole looks like it's a give away..?

Somewhere there are a bunch of crappy parents that failed.
Boosted8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #2304
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Todays' gripe is about useless country auctioneers. You know the ones, there's 2 or 3 all working in rotation, all over 60 and all with NFI about what they are selling. A big tent and poles in 2 separate packs ona pallet is a tarp and some pipes , some fabricated HD steel racking is a pile of scrap steel , antique cupboards and a gentlemans robe etc. are just some cabinets and an old wardrobe, etc, etc.... you get the idea..

On top of that, they ignore your bids because the sprukers are barking out the bids from people at the back of the crowd and ignoring the bloke standing right beside them . Then they have a complete disregard for packaging and the protective packing contained there-in and just rip and tear at boxes and cartons to get a look at what's in there instead of taking half a second and using BOTH HANDS to open a box or pack, instantly devaluing some items in the blink of an eye or trashing the protective packing so the buyer now has a much harder job getting the item home in one piece undamaged..
Imagine finding a mint Biante twin mirror HO in it's mint box and then watching the spruker rip the box open and yank the car out to wave it at a bunch of middle aged cockies, fishermen, retired types and CWA women. It's enough to make a collector cry. You should have seen his face when I told him he'd just devalued the whole item by half because of his ham fisted ignorance.
I had to walk away in the end and get out of there lest I launch into them for their incompetence.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......
Got a call this morning from the local lions club member who was running the auction the other day. apparently I neglected to pay for something that they hadn't put on my bill, describing it as a white tub, also describing where he remembered seeing it on a pallet about half way through the auction. It's taken the missus and I all day to figure out he was talking about a bloody bread box and round 25L opaque white water container we bought about 8 items before the end of the auction. FFS!!, when has anyone ever described a round keg shaped container with a foot wide black screw top lid as a tub,, and there wasn't even a mention of the bigass wooden bread box.

I've got a good mind to let them stew on it for a few days before I call back up and correct them, AGAIN, and pay for the items.

I'm really starting to hate stupid people.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #2305
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Geez I hate coming on here and seeing the doom and gloom threads clutter the top of sub forums, its like the negativity flows freely here and quite frankly its doing my head in.

Add to that the sniping between members (yes I used to do it) and it's not a nice place to visit anymore, probably sings volumes as to why I lurk more now than I post.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #2306
TRAU BLAU

Over-zealous security on email log ins & internet etc.Too much security is as bad as the scams.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #2307
SYZ
Beaut Ute

Those little sticky labels on supermarket fruit that you can't get a fingernail under to remove. Do the checkout kids really need a PLU to tell the difference between a green Granny Smith apple and a red Jonathon, a persimmon and a pomegranate, or a lemon and a lime? Seriously?
Old 02-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #2308
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
Those little sticky labels on supermarket fruit that you can't get a fingernail under to remove. Do the checkout kids really need a PLU to tell the difference between a green Granny Smith apple and a red Jonathon, a persimmon and a pomegranate, or a lemon and a lime? Seriously?
I nearly fell off my chair when I read this ......Why you ask???

I hate them too, but what I hate more is when the blokes at work stick them everywhere (starting with the hot water thingy).....

Old 02-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #2309
snopony

Quote:
laughing at this as I was having this conversation with my friend only yesterday. He has large hands and nearly no fingernails. Including apple/fruit stickers, he cannot use clingwrap, scratch a scratch lotto ticket or pick up a serviette from a pile without fanning it.Watching him use a touchscreen phone is painful. Id hate to see the struggle he has trying to start off a new roll of dunny paper.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2016, 02:49 PM   #2310
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

When you buy a box set of the bay and the seller just chucks it in a large paper envelope with no padding around it so it arrives with two nice dings in the bottom corners
Luckily it wont be seen when its on the shelf but gee whizz protect the corners with something.
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post