Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #151
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

"Ugly"
"looks awesome"
"horrid abomination"

All indicative of why this thread has no conclusion. Style is subjective and changes by the day. One day cannot suit all. One style cannot suit all.

Things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Change isnt always successful. But we all need to be glad its there otherwise automotive forums wouldnt exist except to fix the things and we'd all be bored in indescribable ways.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #152
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think style and character are two different things. A car can have really good style to it, but has no character. Also, a car can have character without having any real nice design to it. I think the Camry has style. It's not ugly. But it lacks character. I think people often confuse the two.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #153
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki
We are all unique and individual which is why we all have opinions on which ford is better.
That's fair enough. At lease we all agree unanimously on a few of things...

1] Toyota is for those who treat cars as an appliance to go from A to B
2] Telstra sucks the big one as far as value internet connectivity and service goes
3] smart hoons buy Fords, dumb ones buy holdens cause all their mates have them

any other worldly unquestionable facts of life?
Absolutely Golden, this made my day

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #154
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEB
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. that looks effing horrible
and some people might think poverty pack EB'S are crap. it's all a question of style . some people have it and some people think they do.
Old 18-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #155
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
and some people might think poverty pack EB'S are crap. it's all a question of style . some people have it and some people think they do.
and i agree. pov pack EB's look crap. with there grey bumpers (on S1) and 14" hub caps
89.SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #156
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
The cars that I can think of that have the most character now, are Camaro, Ford Flex, Mini and Ferrari California. I think the retro styling can bring back character to cars. I would like a modern retro car inspired by the 1962 Eldorado convertible.
This is a very good point chevypower. It is no mistake that the 05 on Mustangs heavily reflect something from around 67-69 and the current Camaro is definitely based on the 69. But the best example though has to be the current Dodge Challenger, that thing looks awesome in the flesh and actually looks like they are NOS from 1969 as well. It looks like the stylist’s now have finally come full circle.

Again it is not really wether they perform or handle any better or worse than they should against anything else from this era really, cause people are buying these particular cars for their styling and this is somehow lost on many new cars today.

This era is still (perhaps even world wide) a milestone for "classic" styling imho.
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post