Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #121
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default Re: Anyone see this on ACA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
He is allowed to drive TO and FROM Tennis.. he was caught driving around with his G/f twice in one day. The third time round he failed to stop for police and had police basically follow (slow speed chase) him home with lights going.

It has NOTHING to do with jealousy...

He failed to stop for police, drives home and locks the gates on police and refuses to talk to them until his lawyer arrives. Seriously your defending him?

Police are doing their job...
No chip on my shoulder...
this is getting too far off topic, but as i put in the other thread - if he has broken the law, then he should face the consequences

many here are complaining of the exemption - he has the exemption to use the car for work, just like some people here and no doubt a few throughout the country. if he has been a bad boy then too bad for him, but most posts here are complaining that he has the exemption. the potential breaking the law part is secondary
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #122
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Exactly GTXB67
Old 28-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #123
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

I found this today, fear not the air cleaner, but the chromed Duck!

AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #124
bad moon rising
Banned

Quote:
He is allowed to drive TO and FROM Tennis.. he was caught driving around with his G/f twice in one day. The third time round he failed to stop for police and had police basically follow (slow speed chase) him home with lights going.

It has NOTHING to do with jealousy...

He failed to stop for police, drives home and locks the gates on police and refuses to talk to them until his lawyer arrives. Seriously your defending him?

Police are doing their job...
No chip on my shoulder...

didnt they introduce a law in nsw that says if you dont stop for the cops and they have to chase you its automatic jail time? theyd use him for currency in the slammer!
bad moon rising is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #125
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
Anyway, off the topic of that plonker Tomic who thinks the laws and restrictions he'd been privelaged enough to be given shouldn't apply to him, and back onto modded cars.

In the USA, things aren't as free and easy as people would have you believe...California is very strict on mods...look in any Yank car magazine and you will usually see a little label on them saying "For off road use only" or "Not for road use in California"...they're very clean and green there by state government edict.

Then you have the problem which hasn't...yet...reared its ugly head here: clunker laws.
In many states n the USA, you can modify your car as long as it meet regs, but the fun begins when you have either a parts car at home or your street car is off the road being modded, say in your driveway or beside the shed. Some laws go as far as saying that if an unregistered vehicle can be seen from the road, it will be confiscated and crushed as a clunker. Others say if there's a complaint about the vehicle, they'll come and take it. Some say if it's "not complete" they'll come and take it. This has been a sticking point with old car clubs and the classic car movement or many years now, and it's all in the name of the environment ad the green movement.
Remind me again who holds the balance of power in parliament here...?

Just be thankful we're not like the USA...
Proof? You can't seriously believe they can enter your property and just take your car do you.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #126
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad moon rising
didnt they introduce a law in nsw that says if you dont stop for the cops and they have to chase you its automatic jail time? theyd use him for currency in the slammer!
I believe that is the case in nearly all states I think, if that is the case why wasn't he arrested and charged? even his money or fame couldn't save him from that one.
Old 28-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #127
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Proof? You can't seriously believe they can enter your property and just take your car do you.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/residents-s...124636463.html
Here's one or instance...in that area, if there's a complaint and the authorities put the magic blue chalk mark on a tyre, you have 72 hours to move it or it's gone...
Quote:
One of Giunchigliani's proposed codes is raising questions about whether it might infringe on property rights.
It would give the county the authority to remove from a person's property a vehicle that "has been damaged or is in such a state of disrepair as to constitute an imminent hazard to the public."
Passers-by must have access to the vehicle -- for instance, children who might be tempted to climb on it.
Still, Constable John Bonaventura said he is concerned that towing a vehicle, even a dead one, from the owner's driveway might be unconstitutional.
He is in favor of the county's code matching the city's rule against moving a vehicle a short distance on a street to avoid citations, he said. Creating a uniform code in both jurisdictions would simplify things for deputies, who no longer would have to worry about whether a street falls into county or city turf, he said.
But taking anything from private property, no matter how unsightly it is, can be a sticky matter, Bonaventura said. What began as a straightforward code change has become "convoluted," he added.
I can't find an exact link (hey, not everything is archived on the internet), but there are areas that do indeed come into your property and take old cars that are unregistered or "incomplete" if they'e visible from the road or a complaining neighbours property...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #128
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Two issues which people keep missing....

One is that the average P plater applying for dispensation to drive a V8 to "WORK" probably wont get one, why is he special?
He is not, which is why over 400 (yes 400) exemptions have been granted. Why do people get all indignant and assume he gets special treatment? Tall poppies?
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #129
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One last comment?
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #130
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are Ford shakers legal on cars that didn't have them from factory? Eg XDs, XEs, XA-B-C, etc.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #131
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

not if the bonnet supports need to be cut or any pollution equipment is disconnected.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #132
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

when have bug catchers been illegal. i thought if they were not too high and had a tray around the carby to effectively seal the hole in the bonnet, they were ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
not if the bonnet supports need to be cut or any pollution equipment is disconnected.
maybe this answers my question, but i had thought the scoop itself was not a problem
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #133
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Please double check my answer with a licenced rwc tester as it may not be up to date

Old 29-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #134
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Are Ford shakers legal on cars that didn't have them from factory? Eg XDs, XEs, XA-B-C, etc.
Not sure myself. i have heard of people being hasseled over them. but i'll try on my au since air cleaners are a menace to society.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #135
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Pretty sure even on the xy bonnet surpports re cut but there is a reiforcement plate added. and bug catchers have always been illegal in qld 1 its reflective. 2 has moving parts. But plenty of people have them.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #136
bluovl

Quote:
not if the bonnet supports need to be cut .
I'm not disagreeing with you Ratter as I too reckon that is the current law.
But I could never understand quite why. In all my years of being involved with modified cars I have never seen anybody injured or killed due to a hole cut and some bonnet bracing removed. I know of cars that still retain their cut bonnets and after 25 + years haven't suffered because of it.
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #137
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess the law makers have to draw the line somewhere, like years ago you could have a little damage to a windscreen before it became unroadworthy, but testers all had a difference of opinion on what was acceptable and what wasn't, possibly in this case they could think a little cut/removal would be fine, but then it could be interpreted differently by different people and what may ok on 1 car may be different on a different model or brand

Old 29-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #138
Angeldust

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
One last comment?

this says it all.

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #139
bad moon rising
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
One last comment?
i think bullbars do have there place in the world, but jesus, there would be more metal in that bar than what there is in the entire ute!
i think someone is over compensating for being over circumcised......twice.

im pretty sure in nsw the is a height limit for items coming out of the bonnet and i heard there is some sort of test where they roll a ball over it to make sure that it does roll over it and not jam up on it or something.
bad moon rising is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #140
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Bullbars absolutely have a place on Australian vehicles. I live in the country and have hit a roo in the FG ute. I have also hit a roo in the Ranger and I can tell you which one cost less to the repair, 100% less.
However mums in their Prados probably dont need one in the city considering the only time it will see any real action is when theres a few leafs on the road.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #141
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

i already commented there end of the day cops are the governments puppets and in turn the goverernment are **** scared of the aussie media.

i am discusted they all opperate to discredit genuine people who work hard to pay there bloody wages and bguild the aussie dream car they always wanted as a child....shame shame shame coppers and media.

also if you realy want to get technical aussie cop cars are defectable aswell.
they have laptops comming out of their dashes, lights witch can hurt a pedestrian, antennas ptruding everywhere, their boots contain guns, these cop cars are the biggest hazard on the road, they are not factory standard vehicles.

no ifs or buts our law enforcement does not work for the people any more they are puppets.

they should be ashamed.

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
au11futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #142
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there are certain laws which exclude emergency vehicles from some rules, but there cars are always kept in legal condition or else they are removed from use immediately until rectified

Old 29-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #143
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Quote:
there are certain laws which exclude emergency vehicles from some rules, but there cars are always kept in legal condition or else they are removed from use immediately until rectified

not good enough if the xy's are not legal even though built like that cop cars or ambos shouldn't have it plain and simple fair for all....

no acceptions.

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
Old 29-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #144
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what xy's?

Old 29-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #145
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au11futura
i already commented there end of the day cops are the governments puppets and in turn the goverernment are **** scared of the aussie media.

i am discusted they all opperate to discredit genuine people who work hard to pay there bloody wages and bguild the aussie dream car they always wanted as a child....shame shame shame coppers and media.

they have laptops comming out of their dashes, lights witch can hurt a pedestrian, antennas ptruding everywhere, their boots contain guns, these cop cars are the biggest hazard on the road, they are not factory standard vehicles.

no ifs or buts our law enforcement does not work for the people any more they are puppets.

they should be ashamed.

Actually you really need to be ashamed....

Antennas? So what.... they arent illegal. And pose no danger to anyone.
Light bars... they are on the roof of a car... again big deal.
Cars carry roof racks from factory and people put plenty of things on their roof. Its NOT illegal.

Laptops ? Not illegal and the officer isnt going to use them while driving. Its only a danger to THEM in the car.

They boots contain guns???? haha sorry they dont you been watching too much hollywood.

Not factory standard cars??? Sorry they ARE FACTORY CARS.

Whats next? Are you going to hurl abuse at ambulance drivers and their highly illegal ambulances?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #146
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
oh dear...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #147
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Whats next? Are you going to hurl abuse at ambulance drivers and their highly illegal ambulances?
Dont forget about the needles and drugs in the Ambulance, thats a OH&S issue right there
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #148
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
not good enough if the xy's are not legal even though built like that cop cars or ambos shouldn't have it plain and simple fair for all....

no acceptions.

You expect the police to fight crime in a Standard falcon, without any warning lights...ah, i wont go on...

You wont understand.

\≡≡T≡≡/

Last edited by russellw; 29-01-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Removed insult
Old 29-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #149
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Dont forget about the needles and drugs in the Ambulance, thats a OH&S issue right there
And there light bars protrude and hurt pedestrians, they have laptops etc...

Then there are firetrucks! Dead set most dangerous vehicles on the road!

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 29-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #150
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Quote:
Actually you really need to be ashamed....

Antennas? So what.... they arent illegal. And pose no danger to anyone.
Light bars... they are on the roof of a car... again big deal.
Cars carry roof racks from factory and people put plenty of things on their roof. Its NOT illegal.

Laptops ? Not illegal and the officer isnt going to use them while driving. Its only a danger to THEM in the car.

They boots contain guns???? haha sorry they dont you been watching too much hollywood.

Not factory standard cars??? Sorry they ARE FACTORY CARS.

so cop cars come from HOLDEN with **** all over them do they get outa here mate every one knows they are doing there best to raise cash.

im not defending the idiots who drag race and stuff around im defending the blokes who do it the right way and still get picked on..

yeh lap tops do harm to the coppers but we cant have tachos, same deal isnt it?

ENVI BA XR6T
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr