Old 29-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #121
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Nah wouldn't be skaife. He couldnt keep his mouth shut for that long

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #122
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

I reckon it's John Bowe.
Old 29-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #123
fiesta8u

well i got the tickets ill be there on the 7th of october
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #124
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Well the copy cat idea p!ssed me right off. Specially calling the driver the Stig.

The presenters will be fine once they get their groove.

The track looks a bit rubbish, maybe they should have a graphic to show what it looks like so we can all understand its layout.

I would have liked to see them have a set a little diffrent to the pommy version of the show too.

But next week is Falcons vs Holdens, so will give the show a fair go and watch it for a while to see if it gets a bit more individuality.
Next weeks only down side is its just a shame it looks like they test drive a f6 and not the GT vs the commonwhores.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #125
220XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
Well the copy cat idea p!ssed me right off. Specially calling the driver the Stig.

The presenters will be fine once they get their groove.

The track looks a bit rubbish, maybe they should have a graphic to show what it looks like so we can all understand its layout.

I would have liked to see them have a set a little diffrent to the pommy version of the show too.

But next week is Falcons vs Holdens, so will give the show a fair go and watch it for a while to see if it gets a bit more individuality.
Next weeks only down side is its just a shame it looks like they test drive a f6 and not the GT vs the commonwhores.

Well they are using THE performance model in the Falcon Range,....
220XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #126
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Good first effort I thought, although agree with all previous posts in that I reckon they were too 'shouty' and a bit 'try hard'... Maybe that's just how Australians are though anyway.... :
Old 29-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #127
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220XR8
Well they are using THE performance model in the Falcon Range,....
Yep, definitely a fair fight. Has the F6 lost a contest it has been in?

If Big Nose is the Stig, the F6 can't win.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #128
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks like it could be Jason Bargwanna as he is sort of a small guy.

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #129
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Not a bad effort for the first show. Couple of laughs in there (airborne Rav6) Pity they only glanced over the Lambo (yummmm).

Remember we are but a minority group on this forum, they can't please us all (yet) lol.

Bring on the Holden v Ford story next week.

Borla ATAK axle back exhaust.
Hawk ceramic brake pads.
CLStech Ribbon DRL mod.
X Lume illuminated grille badge.
Injen CAI.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #130
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Not too bad of a show but the moke segment was pointless and those guys lack presence and personality. Hope things improve - would love to see this show succeed!
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #131
Jebediah

I've never watched a full episode of the original version, but have heard many people rave about it. I think there is a lot of room for improvement tho, and am looking forward to next weeks episode.
Jebediah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #132
Kryton

IMO the older guy needs to not talk with his hands so much.
its a TV show, not a swimming pool.
all in all a pretty ordinary performance but that is to be expected when it just Top Gear Convict instead of Top Gear Australia.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #133
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
all in all a pretty ordinary performance but that is to be expected when it just Top Gear Convict instead of Top Gear Australia.

Care to elaborate on the Convict deal ?
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #134
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

What a load of rubbish, no humour(maybe they thought they were funny). What was the track?? we saw more of the driver than the track!! If not for next week FORD vs hsv..i wouldn't bother
Old 29-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #135
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

watched it and didnt like it. Did not find it funny. The only thing i did like was that we may see more aussie made cars etc.

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #136
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Care to elaborate on the Convict deal ?
Expelled from the Mother Land and must obey all traditional inputs and have no creativity or originality.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #137
Kenster

Not sure if anyone remember that Clarkson and Hammon is going to come to Australia for the UK version of the show pretty soon.

I just saw a little bit of the show but im going to watch the rest very soon, just see how the show develop itself who knows Top Gear Australia may change the whole show together for here. And possible crossover to the UK one
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #138
GTP290

I actually fell asleep watching it!!
Old 29-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #139
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Best Australian motoring program for a long while
Aussie Top Gear leaves any other motoring show currently available on Oz TV for dead. What's the bet the budget for Oz TG is a fraction (or poofteenth) of UK TG? It is a copy of the UK version, but at least it's aimed higher for the UK formula rather than the standard of the other local shows - which are about as good as an infomercial.

The younger presenter reminds me of Davo from Fat Pizza - he might be on something.

Am I alone in thinking that the test track they used looks like a glorified go-kart track? The finish line looks about as wide as my driveway. The rest is narrowed with barriers and witches hats
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #140
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Not too bad for a first effort, It has big shoes to fill. I think the presenters need to get a bit more familiar with each other and get a rythem, this will only improve over time. One problem I had was that I don't recall any actual verdicts when it came to the SUV tests.

Should definitley get better with age though, and as far as I know SBS haven't ditched the original TG for this version, they will have both.
Old 29-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #141
Krakey
love thy ford

i want my hour back :
Old 29-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #142
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was disappointed. It was a rip-off, forced, and lacked originality. Then again, the very first episode of the real Top Gear felt forced as well. Maybe they will settle down after a few weeks.
whynot is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #143
NickosBF2XRT

will be good to see the holden versus ford comparo next week, Like some have said, give it time. But I do hope they focus a little more on aussie cars, and cars that regular aussies can afford, and appeal to real australians not $500k+ super cars only a handful can own.
Old 29-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #144
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickosEL
will be good to see the holden versus ford comparo next week, Like some have said, give it time. But I do hope they focus a little more on aussie cars, and cars that regular aussies can afford, and appeal to real australians not $500k+ super cars only a handful can own.
The things is that orginal top gear did just focus on $500k + cars usually and very so often are car that everyday people could buy not sure if you seen the show
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #145
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Cause deep down we all know we wanna see a <$1000 3 spd CPI EA Falcon get tested!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #146
NickosBF2XRT

Yeah I have seen the show, dont forget that that pound is worth a lot more than the AU dollar. A car over here that might cost $70k and seem out of reach to the regular joe in Aus- can very well be affordable over there because it would be worth 25k pounds, and would otherwise be affordable to the regular joe over there...And yes, Im a big fan of the english show Kenster..wouldnt comment on the aussie show is I hadnt seen the UK one.Have you seen it?
NickosBF2XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #147
xt3valve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The guys were too tryhard, the track was absolutly shite (Dusty, cramped, not long enough. and the planes moving around in the back ground just toped it off. The car reviews were too rushed. For example they showed the Maybach. The only thing they told you about was that you can plug some headphones in. Bloody rediculous.

Was embarasing to say the least. Hope they dont show that in the uk.

Grunt Files on access 31 leaves this for dead. And only costs 100th of the price TG would.

All I can do is
Gearbox: Fully rebuilt BTR 4sp, Chryogenicaly treated, high stall
490rwhp E85

Last edited by xt3valve; 29-09-2008 at 11:24 PM.
xt3valve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #148
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
Not too bad for a first effort, It has big shoes to fill. I think the presenters need to get a bit more familiar with each other and get a rythem, this will only improve over time. One problem I had was that I don't recall any actual verdicts when it came to the SUV tests.

Should definitley get better with age though, and as far as I know SBS haven't ditched the original TG for this version, they will have both.
You are correct. The UK top gear is still being purchased by SBS.

This version is additional to the UK version and as it is a Top gear brand, has a licence agreement attached to it or as others have pointed out, is a part of a franchise that has content largely dictated.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind. The downloaded version of the UK Top gear is the full 60 minute, no commercial, full Monty. The UK version cut to fit a 60 minute segment also feels rushed or forced.

SBS have tried to fit a lot into the 60 minute segment and I think a couple of the segments tonight were hurt because of it. The Maybach segment was a bit pointless and the news seemed shallow. Clarkson is the master of knowing when to talk and when not to in interviews, Cox got much of it back the front and they all (presenters) seemed to be a bit loud. The humour was off as well.

The segments seemed to lack just a little bit of bite and the test track was a bit of joke as was the camera work around the track.

A better attempt at introducing the presenters and their specialties could have been made.

The good news is that in true top gear tradition the environmentalists will be up in arms as will animal rights activists as both will be perceived as being violated by this first Australian outing.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #149
EBII Ghia

What a waste of time and money (not that it looks like they spent too much!).
We have been hearing all along that it wont be a TGUK rip off, what a disgrace, not one original thought in the whole show.
They have a road test and halfway through it gets too hard so they change tyres? WTF???
Then we get no verdict, because our market is so small we wouldnt want to off any manufacturer cause they will cut off supply of vehicles for future shows!
They get a Lambo and only start it up, dont even turn a wheel.

Come back Glen Ridge et al all is forgiven!
EBII Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #150
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was a little boring, the airborn rav 4, and the snow segment was funny, especially when the cartoonist was sliding towards the ledge, he was sh!tting himself, actually showed a bit of personality, "Oh F^ck!".
Absolutely hated the youngest guy, very annoying and he forced almost everything.
The bloke with the long hair, he was alright, didnt like at the begining it felt like he was trying to be the leader, but settled in towards the end.
I thought the cartoonist was a good choice, having 3 people who know the ins and outs of all the cars would have been very boring.
The track was crap. I hope they change it before they put too many cars and celebrities through it, and i lost even more interest when i saw that they used a proton for the celeb lap times, i was hoping for a ford focus or an XR5.

Thats all i can think of to criticise atm. i will be watching the next episode, so i can see that F6 dominate over the HSV.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post