Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #121
Ridin-High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Have you ask a permission to post those scans from ACP magazines?
LOL yeah he called the magazine and asked them....

Ps. Yes i have used the search button mum....
Ridin-High is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #122
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xitdxr
I dont know why people would even consider buying a locally produced car for anymore than 60k. Anything above that mark, and its simply not worth it, u could own a much better european Vehicle. Having been fortunate enough to of driven most of the Current BMW lineup, if i was paying $125,000 for a car, BMW is where i would be looking, not FPV or HSV. No matter how much power it has, they are still a family car, not a performance car.
WTF...

A BMW M5 Costs well over $200 kay!!!

For $125,000 you get a 5 Series with a 6 cylinder, may aswell go buy a Fairmont Ghia for $44,000....

As for your performance car crap what a load of ****, go play with your overpriced buzz box.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #123
HOON69
Banned

: like you'd wanna ring them biased turds anyways
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #124
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It appeals to my sense of humour that the same group of people who constantly lambast WHEELS as being biased, inaccurate, untruthful and corrupt are now taking this as holy writ and running around shouting "The sky is falling, the sky is falling".

Reminds me of the absolutely true GTHO rumours that have appeared over the last 4 years........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:18 AM   #125
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Like I said probably just Holden Marketing like the Torona and Monaro427.

What counts is bang for your buck eg. enjoy your Falcon its got PLENTY of power!
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #126
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Rememba Ford dealers have been taking deposits for GTHO's for years!!!
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #127
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
It appeals to my sense of humour that the same group of people who constantly lambast WHEELS as being biased, inaccurate, untruthful and corrupt are now taking this as holy writ and running around shouting "The sky is falling, the sky is falling".

Reminds me of the absolutely true GTHO rumours that have appeared over the last 4 years........
dont stop now,name names already :

i dont flame wheels i dont read their crap,nor will i ever buy their magazine,when i can get info on my brand online and here at ffau ;)

spit them names out already :
Old 28-06-2007, 12:31 AM   #128
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
Be prepared to eat humble pie in 2008.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:37 AM   #129
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am sorry to say people on these forums spend too much time with one hand below the keyboard.

Be happy that we even have a GT Falcon, Typhoon , XR6 Turbo, XR8 let alone an Autobox thats more at home in a $150,000 merc or bmw.

I am sure if it wasnt for Holden / HSV and Ford could get away with it we would still have 220kw Windsors @ 5.0ltrs.

How many people here can honestly write a cheque tommorow and go I will have a GTS-R. or a GTHO.

No matter what one company does you can never please the human race. Money sells cars not banter on a forum.

P.S I like my fords and this is my view only.

If HSV want to make a 7ltr race spec car they are one up on the cartigans at FPV.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #130
Focused

Boring. Still a crapadore.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 01:01 AM   #131
jdg
Aussie cars rule!

Looks very nice...but it would be interesting to see its lap times on say Wakefield up against a GTS, an SS and maybe even an Evo IX...my bet is that there wouldnt be that much difference between the Commos, and the Evo would be way infront. The car could serve quite a few purposes...marketing hype (look at this thread...theyve already been successful in one way!) or maybee testing out new technologies, or launching a hero model which hopefully for them would bring on sales.

In all honesty, sure it competes with the M5 on paper, but who would be "tossing up" between an M5 and a HSV...

Just my opinion...

jdg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #132
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not bagging it, it will be a bloody quick car off the showroom floor but cant see it been a daily driver or traffic/road car with too many owners. Good for marketing, the track, and the Garage IMHO.

Also I think it will be more towards 350-360kw than 385 but only time will tell and still bloody fast nonetheless.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 02:18 AM   #133
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

Be good for demolition derby's too. VE would look better after a bout around a speedway track getting smashed up by old Datto's
Old 28-06-2007, 02:39 AM   #134
Muscle_Inc
GT= The Gamble,The Legend

As much as i could be biased about this, i think its fantastic that HSV want to step up again in the ring and earn the right to the heavyweight title! Its just so easy to degrade our opposition (hsv) where they can build a car that can match the german army, for half its price with the aussie grunt to back it up!

Yes i can honestly say the ford range is colourful and fullfilling and why ask for more well because the average david hasnt seen a goliath been built from ford for over 30yrs which is why were still screaming ''bring back the ho''?

Howard Marsden -They were at time rated supposedly as the fastest 4 door production car in the world.

Bill Bourke - Part of the GT that changed the auto industry of australia, i would say one word, exciting it added excitement to the industry.

-GTHO P3
Muscle_Inc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #135
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1973
Dear oh dear...Just because you get off driving euro shopping trolley's don't think all of us do...Unfortunatly mate, BMW and Mercedes Benz's appeal is mostly with Toffy nosed knob jockeys.Get real.

LOL, Your right, prestigious brands do appeal more to people who have the money to splash around, but this is my point, people who can afford $125,000, wouldnt put there money down on a holden (not the smart ones anyway).

I dont get off as you put it on driving European cars. I am fortunate that i get to drive most of the vehicles people on here talk about, and criticise btw, before they have even seen one in the flesh. If you dont like them, thats fine, but i suggest you drive one before you turn your nose up at it, or get behind the keyboard.
Xitdxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #136
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
And returning them too when it became apparent that it wasnt going to happen....

Old 28-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #137
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg
In all honesty, sure it competes with the M5 on paper, but who would be "tossing up" between an M5 and a HSV...
Cue Steffo.....

Old 28-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #138
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Ha ha !! i agree,
The sky is falling, I love it !!
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #139
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP

This ain't PIMP MY RIDE............its gotta be a solid reliable warranty viable mass produced product.
Why they dont warrent failures now so whats the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Show me a US car with a 5.4 litre 290kw quad cam V8 in it like the Boss??????

Closed thing they have is the engine out of the Navigator

and that makes it more Australian then Holden in my Books who spotted there motor advertised in a GM Performance parts catalogue for a good price so brought 150 of them.
What do you think the Boss engine is, it's a navi engine with cams and a different intake.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #140
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
I am sorry to say people on these forums spend too much time with one hand below the keyboard.
and i cant believe i just read that dribble.

we are the ppl who buy the cars, so in saying that, it is this and other forums where we talk about the cas etc that gives us first hand knowledge and experience on the car that helps our decision making to buy the car,so in saying that,this forum does help sell cars even if it is one car,its still a valid point.
Old 28-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #141
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Why they dont warrent failures now so whats the difference.

Not entirely correct,

That's a rather generic statement to make. FORD or GM or any car maker is dutifully obliged under law to replace , repair any vehicle defect as prescribed in the warranty document up to the nominated warranty period. There is no reason why they wouldn't............unless of course you've modified the vehicle and then start whinging that they won't replace / repair your supercharger cos its spun a belt !!!!!!!!!!..........LOL

Personally , I've never had any issues with any warranty repair on any of the 10+ cars I've owned over the years..........GM , MAZDA, MITSU or FORD.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #142
Ridin-High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xitdxr
LOL, Your right, prestigious brands do appeal more to people who have the money to splash around, but this is my point, people who can afford $125,000, wouldnt put there money down on a holden (not the smart ones anyway).

I dont get off as you put it on driving European cars. I am fortunate that i get to drive most of the vehicles people on here talk about, and criticise btw, before they have even seen one in the flesh. If you dont like them, thats fine, but i suggest you drive one before you turn your nose up at it, or get behind the keyboard.

Alot of people who can afford $125,000 and i presume much more then that have already put holding deposits down on the new GTS-R and i would presume that they got that money being smarter then some keyboard warrior calling them all stupid.

I can saftly say that the GTS-R will turn 10000x more heads then some bland looking merc/bmw.

Ps. Yes i have used the search button mum....
Ridin-High is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #143
freaky

Amazing how people are getting so upset and offended over HSV building this 7 litre beast..

For those that have forgotten, HSV are the performance division of Holden. It's their job to build fast powerful cars

Good on them for raising the bar, if Ford can't keep up, or don't want to keep, thats their problem..

Don't flame a company for having the initiative to build such a car..

If the tables were turned and Ford was releasing a 400kw GTHO I'm sure many would be happily carrying on how its going to destroy HSV's.
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #144
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTXR
Went to a Q & A sesssion with Tom Gorman during the FPV Open Day weekend and the topic of power figures came up. Gorman made the point (and I have to agree to an extent) that at which point do you say enough is enough? He put forward that realistically, how much power and what sort of speeds does a car really need in a country where most of us are limited to 110km/h? I know we're talking about performance cars here, but how much is enough - 300kw? 350? 400? More?

Probably better off working on improving ride, handling, driveline etc rather than just increasing the power.

So what you are saying is that the new FPV Orion does have a new motor, its a 60Kw 4 cylinder, but will handle like its on rails. Afterall the speed limit is only 110. Oh well at least they will be able to claim an improvement in fuel efficiency, and they will definately stop losing money (after they close down).

The performance car game is all about POWER (and all the other aspects of performance). Audi, BMW, MB, Porsche, etc all understand it. FPV should have a quick look at their name and try to figure out what the "P" stands for. Ford profitable vehicles, Ford poser vehicles, Ford pretend vehicles, Ford pretty vehicles, oh thats right we were surposed to be FOA's performance arm.
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #145
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin-High
Alot of people who can afford $125,000 and i presume much more then that have already put holding deposits down on the new GTS-R and i would presume that they got that money being smarter then some keyboard warrior calling them all stupid.

I can saftly say that the GTS-R will turn 10000x more heads then some bland looking merc/bmw.
How do you know "alot" of people have put down deposits?
With that i guess it also depends on what your definition of "alot" is doesn't it, 200? 2000?, in terms of the local performance sedan market id call 2000+ "allot", on the other side of the coin less than 200 IMO is SFA.....

Old 28-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #146
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
So what you are saying is that the new FPV Orion does have a new motor, its a 60Kw 4 cylinder, but will handle like its on rails. Afterall the speed limit is only 110. Oh well at least they will be able to claim an improvement in fuel efficiency, and they will definately stop losing money (after they close down).

The performance car game is all about POWER (and all the other aspects of performance). Audi, BMW, MB, Porsche, etc all understand it. FPV should have a quick look at their name and try to figure out what the "P" stands for. Ford profitable vehicles, Ford poser vehicles, Ford pretend vehicles, Ford pretty vehicles, oh thats right we were surposed to be FOA's performance arm.

You see, this is the problem........

The marques you have mentioned : Audi, BMW, MB, Porsche are all GLOBAL players and sell their products to potential millions of performance car buyers across many countries. The scale for R & D amortisation is hugeThe profit margins bigger over time and the overall $$$ amount that can be put back in to the R & D budget for Improvement and production for next models is HUGE in comparison to FPV selling 3000 GT's over 5 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audi, BMW, MB, Porsche sell those sorts of numbers every week Globally !!!!!!
I don't recall any FPV GT's selling in GERMANY............LOL

The point here is that you only have so much capital $$$$ to turn a sow's ear into a half decent silk purse............

The stakes are higher, the profits narrower and the R & D is majority based on the bread and butter base model.

The best we can do here is vote with our $$$$ not our mouths. The more people who buy the FPV products, the more FPV have to play with.......

For the record, we own 2..........
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #147
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
The best we can do here is vote with our $$$$ not our mouths. The more people who buy the FPV products, the more FPV have to play with.......

For the record, we own 2..........
That is the problem though, Buy V Cry...
I can appreciate and make allowance for the fact that this is a Forum where anyone of any age or financial position can share their views or opinions, either pasionately of quietly, and it would be easy to get the feeling FPV would sell thousands of "GTHO's" due to just the voice of demand expressed here, sadly that isnt the case in reality though, id guarantee 99.9% of people calling for 400kw or a "GTHO" neither have (or would ever have) the $$ to actually buy one, nor have the interest to own one at the price it would cost....

They're just pasionate Performance Ford enthusiasts.

Its an emotional subject, and a Niche market...

Old 28-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #148
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
I've actually re-read my post and I'm buggered if I can see where I've said anything like that.
The point made was that we can't expect power figures to keep going up and up just for the sake of it. Manufacturers need to keep in mind variables such as R&D costs, fuel prices, emissions requirements and possible warranty issues before they commit to any project. What Gorman was getting at was that rather than saying "lets just give it another 50kw", there may be other ways to improve the driving experience for owners (weight loss, better ride and handling etc) while providing modest power gains (say 10-20kw).
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #149
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=ESP]I don't recall any FPV GT's selling in GERMANY............LOL/QUOTE]

I wonder if have the steering wheel on the wrong side has anything to do with that?

I am 100% sure there is at least one Holden Coupe in Germany........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #150
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

[QUOTE=flappist]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
I am 100% sure there is at least one Holden Coupe in Germany........
He’s sold it now hasn’t he?

Are we talking about a GTS HSV with stock Monaro body panels?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post