Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #1351
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

mine is the later "thin screen" model as well, I wouldn't even know where to start.

I expanded the ram on mine, simple task but that's as far as I am willing to go.

I guess when it breaks down again, I'll think about cost, maybe look at another, but it will be another mac.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #1352
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
but it will be another mac.
Oh dear!
Old 18-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #1353
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
but it will be another mac.
You go poppa - Mac since 1994

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #1354
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

We all used to applaud Apple as the underdog up against the big evil corporation that is Microsoft. Now Apple is every bit the evil corporation that Microsoft is but even more insidious. Their stuff is so proprietary and locked up that it's basically incompatible with everything, unless it's Apple, and because it's Apple you pay a premium for it. They track you and profile you and charge you extra for everything. No thanks

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #1355
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Ah the apple vs pc debate. Just like the Holden vs ford. Geez I hate that.
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #1356
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 18-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #1357
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

No reason why you can't install IOS on a 'PC' as everyone calls them :S They've been proven to be better with things such as media, design and processing of those types of things but are limited, what apple make they make well for their own systems unlike a lot of other companies. Just like what annoys me about android....fanboys, fanboys are what makes a name popular or makes a name horrible.

Fanboys geez I hate them.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #1358
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
I know... Fords and PCs all the way! what is there to debate?
1970XW351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #1359
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970XW351 View Post
I know... Fords and PCs all the way! what is there to debate?
Fords and Macs!

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #1360
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

since my mac has been struck violently ill, and unfortunately, has had to undergo life threatening, radical surgery I have been forced to use, what could be jokingly called, the "other computer".

having been backed into a corner and with no other choice I have lowered myself to utilise this horrid, backward, prone to stoppage, constantly updating piece of WW1 technology (even though it is this years model and running all the "new" software).

I have to say I have never been so willing to find something else to do rather than fire this THING up, knowing it will come up with an excuse to not work properly.

it was so full of bugs the thought of calling in a pest eradicator to spray the mongrel crossed my mind, so full of double files and misplaced deviant files it drove me spare.

I would fire it up and it would immediately start to download an "update" which of course is for security which slows the internet to a crawl and then would need a "restart" to take effect, right when I want to use it.

then it would shut down and try to restart without provocation.

Mac updates only when necessary and then does it in the background............very civilised of it.

software has been freed up for Mac in the last few years and now rivals Microslops for price and availability.

AND they run a lot better.............since updating this thing to winslows 8.1 most of the software (that was paid for) doesn't work...........including the disc burner and driver.

new drivers had to be sought and then "tweaked" to make standard "things" work.

Microslops..............I REALY hate that...............................gimme my Mac back.

I am, and always will be, a MAC man............they simply work, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm begging on my knees for the return of my Mac..........well phoning twice a day to see whether it is finished.

then this abomination of circuitry can be returned to be demonised by Nanna Smurf who will undoubtedly re corrupt every spark within its confines with her embroidery patterns and misplaced work files...........it deserves no less.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #1361
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Poppa, that was probably one of the best Mac vs M'soft arguments I've heard yet.
Old 19-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #1362
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

actually I'm waiting to be torn apart by the boffins within the forum.

about how the paramulation and divseriyiing decalibrator is way better than the older, more prone to breakage defiblirationerator modulation exponent found on the later models containing the easily sourced flux developer with matriculator expunger.

me I just use 'em, I don't want to understand them, him work = good, him not work = not good.

one of the mysteries of the universe is how come my undies ride down below my trousers and yet my *** is still exposed????

Old 19-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #1363
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
actually I'm waiting to be torn apart by the boffins within the forum.
Nah, don't worry about it, there has been, and always be friendly rivalry between.........

Aus vs England.
Aus vs NZ.
Canon vs Nikon.
Ford vs GM.
Apple vs Android.
Mac vs Microsoft.
NSW vs anybody else.

And in keeping with the thread title, I hate it when anyone takes any of the above seriously
Old 19-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #1364
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Nah, don't worry about it, there has been, and always be friendly rivalry between.........

Aus vs England.
Aus vs NZ.
Canon vs Nikon.
Ford vs GM.
Apple vs Android.
Mac vs Microsoft.
NSW vs anybody else.

And in keeping with the thread title, I hate it when anyone takes any of the above seriously
But come on.. we all know that front loaders poo all over top loaders as well.. don't we?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #1365
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
But come on.. we all know that front loaders poo all over top loaders as well.. don't we?
Oops, I forgot that one
Old 19-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #1366
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hey Poppa, We made the mistake of buying a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.... which I hated. Then it updated itself to 8.1 which I loath with a passion so you're not alone. There are 3 machines in the house running Windows 7 Ultimate and they tick along just fine and if I could revert the Toshiba to 7 I would but it's not backwards compatible sadly. So even though it's bigger, faster and shinier than the old laptop it was supposed to replace it's been relegated to bedroom duties hooked to the TV as a wifi link so I can watch the downloaded content from my tower at the other end of the house, and the old laptop is still in service.....and works just fine on Windows 7.

Windows 8.1....geez I hate that.

MINE- AUII Forte

2 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #1367
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Hey Poppa, We made the mistake of buying a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.... which I hated. Then it updated itself to 8.1 which I loath with a passion so you're not alone. There are 3 machines in the house running Windows 7 Ultimate and they tick along just fine and if I could revert the Toshiba to 7 I would but it's not backwards compatible sadly. So even though it's bigger, faster and shinier than the old laptop it was supposed to replace it's been relegated to bedroom duties hooked to the TV as a wifi link so I can watch the downloaded content from my tower at the other end of the house, and the old laptop is still in service.....and works just fine on Windows 7.

Couldn't you just format the HDD and install windows from the clean HDD? Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #1368
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post

funny you should say that.......Nanna smurfs computer is a Toshiba Laptop, running an intel core I7 chip with windows 8.1.

I think 8.1 was developed for a "touchscreen", I don't know, I just find it difficult to navigate, horrible and slow to use.

Mac is more intuitive and easy to navigate........way faster

any family member that uses my Mac swears their next computer will be a Mac after years of windows.

I'm far from a computer guru, my greatest achievement has been upgrading ram, replacing a hard drive, replacing a video card in a tower and adding an extra dvd burner to that same tower.........

that computer, now sitting under my desk, which started out as "Godzilla", sold through an Adelaide based computer building retail store,, easily found in the paper, was my absolute favourite computer, it was a beauty until dust blew the motherboard even though I was running 3 internal cooling fans.

I only had that for 3 years, I cant keep them alive............I REALY HATE THAT.

Old 20-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #1369
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

l don't know why everyone is going on about this "computer expiry date" thing cause since we bought our first apple witch is a mini mac, it has performed admiraly for at least 5 years (bit cloudy on how long we've had it) and l got one of the first Macbook Pros to grace this house and it only died after 7 years or so. and in 2011 (or 2010?) we got 2 more macbook pros witch still run flawlessly maybe all this has started with the current gen ones (we have the previous gen)?
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #1370
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as far as I'm aware computers don't have an "expiry date"...........they do have software compatibility issues which relate to the age, or rather, compatibility of OS currently on the drive.

macs don't seem to suffer like pc's......inbuilt obsolescence maybe.

my son still has the very first Imac which still performs flawlessly, he also has the Mac Pro for work.

as for longevity, I don't get to make that choice as my computers are like lemmings, they seem to dive off a cliff in a relatively short time.

I've been hunting around for another motherboard for my tower, just as a sideline exercise, maybe I can resurrect it or maybe not.

maybe something for a rainy day.

Old 20-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #1371
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I've been hunting around for another motherboard for my tower, just as a sideline exercise, maybe I can resurrect it or maybe not.
Actually a Tower would be a good place for a Mac.........

Preferably let go from the top floor
Old 20-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #1372
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'm using Windows 8.1, its not bad once you spend some time to get used to it.

I've got all my most used applications pinned to the start bar, so I don't ever need to use that tile screen.

If I need to look for something, right click on the windows logo on the start bar and search, and it'll bring up what you are looking for.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #1373
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we of the more "sophisticated set" take little notice of the slings and arrows of the uneducated masses.

2 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #1374
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate this thread!
having already posted about my deficiencies I am reminded everytime someone posts anew, via the blue arrow, that I cant lick my ******* elbow

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #1375
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I'm using Windows 8.1, its not bad once you spend some time to get used to it.

I've got all my most used applications pinned to the start bar, so I don't ever need to use that tile screen.

If I need to look for something, right click on the windows logo on the start bar and search, and it'll bring up what you are looking for.

Is it the same as the xbone? I hate that style so never use the thing. Love both others so bought a day one edition
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #1376
BHDOGS
Banned

Victorian bias in afl finals were ports played at the ground once against a home team who plays there all the time then is expected to know how the ground works to kick goals in a preliminary final. God i hate that
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #1377
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
then is expected to know how the ground works to kick goals in a preliminary final. God i hate that
All they really need to know is to kick the ball through the big white sticks more times than the other team.
Old 20-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #1378
BHDOGS
Banned

If you actually believe that constant mcg finals doesnt favour vic teams then you must be a vic team supporter.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #1379
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

That bloody Ladbrokes add.. Not 1, not 2 but free totes...

Bet betta....

Can't stand it....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2014, 12:41 AM   #1380
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Victorian bias in afl finals were ports played at the ground once against a home team who plays there all the time then is expected to know how the ground works to kick goals in a preliminary final. God i hate that
I guess finishing in the top 4 may have helped getting in a home prelim final
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post