Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #91
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This person needs his license torn up, a nice visit to the morgue where somebody hit a wall or tree at a similar speed, as well as meet families of victims where a family member was killed by an idiot such as himself.

A person like this should start life again and realise that independence isn't about doing what you want with disregard for others...it's about making your own responsible decisions, weighing up fun and safety.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #92
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Didnt this happen in the middle of nowhere? In my experience, its the passenger that wants to go faster. Unless the passenger in a hooning car, is telling the driver to stop, then it is just as much the passengers fault, and they take the same risk...
Old 09-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #93
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFalconXT
Didnt this happen in the middle of nowhere? In my experience, its the passenger that wants to go faster. Unless the passenger in a hooning car, is telling the driver to stop, then it is just as much the passengers fault, and they take the same risk...
There's a new (read "abstract") look at things.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #94
WINDSR
Genuine V8

We've all hooned in our younger days. You grow out of it with age me thinks.

WINDSR plates for sale. (VIC) PM if interested.
WINDSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #95
SnoopXR6

To me i find this sort of thing funny.... if the guy was in his 30's/40's we would be lucky to hear about it about because he was a teenager the media takes hold and goes wild with the story. Hence adding to the negative view toward youth.
SnoopXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 05:00 PM   #96
tbearz

Quote:
There is as many P platers on the road that drive like grannies as there are hoons. And to all those old people that dont have the co-ordination left to drive the speed limit in perfect weather, get off the f*****g road!
maybe you should get off the road, get some anger management classes.
If someone infront of you is going slow here are the folowing things you can do, i have found these very helpful

a) overtake them in a safe manner i.e. either in an overtaking lane or cross into the other lane if there are no cars in that lane for 250m

b) go behind them at a safe distance, the extra 3 minutes that is taken up by this journey can be recouped in many ways including taking shorter showers/shits, shaving faster, not being lazy

Now that wasn't so bad was it. If everyone was as impatient as you to get somewhere we'd have a road system like india/iran, trust me i've spent time in these places, where everyone thinks by cutting infront of people and what not that they will get thier before everyone else. We are meant to drive in a civilised and ordered manner for a reason.
tbearz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #97
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbearz
maybe you should get off the road, get some anger management classes.
If someone infront of you is going slow here are the folowing things you can do, i have found these very helpful

a) overtake them in a safe manner i.e. either in an overtaking lane or cross into the other lane if there are no cars in that lane for 250m

b) go behind them at a safe distance, the extra 3 minutes that is taken up by this journey can be recouped in many ways including taking shorter showers/shits, shaving faster, not being lazy

Now that wasn't so bad was it. If everyone was as impatient as you to get somewhere we'd have a road system like india/iran, trust me i've spent time in these places, where everyone thinks by cutting infront of people and what not that they will get thier before everyone else. We are meant to drive in a civilised and ordered manner for a reason.
Picture this... You are travelling down a road, lets say 80kmh speed limit, and theres this elderly chap travelling in front of you at about 50kmh, even slowing down to about 20ks at a cross road even tho the give way/stop sign is in on the road crosing the road your on. There are cars coming the other way so there is no chance to overtake.... Now tell me....... WOuld this get under your skin? Even a little????
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #98
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbearz
maybe you should get off the road, get some anger management classes
There are so many occasions where there is no safe place to pass. There is no reason on a perfect day, that people should drive 10+km/h under the speed limit. And if so, they should pull over and let people behind them pass, then they only inconvience themselves, they can get where they are going 10 minutes later than expected instead. Some people accellerate so slowly, it takes them 5 minutes to get to 10km/h below the speed limit... You add up 5-10mins(minimum) a day, wasted on slow people, for your whole life.
I have better things to than look at bowls hats in someones rear window!!!

Last edited by BAFalconXT; 09-09-2006 at 06:46 PM. Reason: mistake
BAFalconXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #99
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
There are so many occasions where there is no safe place to pass. There is no reason on a perfect day, that people should drive 10+km/h under the speed limit. And if so, they should pull over and let people behind them pass, then they only inconvience themselves, they can get where they are going 10 minutes later than expected instead. Some people accellerate so slowly, it takes them 5 minutes to get to 10km/h below the speed limit... You add up 5-10mins(minimum) a day, wasted on slow people, for your whole life.
I have better things to than look at bowls hats in someones rear window!!!
Oh hell yea!!! ing_sm
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #100
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Just heard on the radio then that another teenager, an 18 y.o this time, was busted in Morwell. They didn't say anything about what car they were driving but they were picked up doing 167kph in an 80 zone.
Bwahahaha! What a tool!

There are only four places I can think of where 167 in an 80 zone would be possible, two of them being bumpy country roads (hilly, trees close to road, suicide), the third being the old highway (too much traffic), and the fourth heading towards the APM, which is straight, flat, and known to the cops. I'm betting it was the fourth road.

What a knob jockey, here's someone who will be on their Ls/Ps continually until they're over 30, or dead. Hopefully they don't take anyone else out with them.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #101
Smithysxr6
BA XR 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
My BA XL cuts out at 180. I wound it out up in the NT while I was living there.
I think the XR models are not limited, but I could be wrong.
I have a ba xr6 and i have had mine doing 200 till i backed off and it didnt cut out so i dont think they do.

It was under a controled envornment so dont worry......
Smithysxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #102
BAFalconXT
Sold...

I think the limits are, utes 180, sedans 200, and XR's 220km/h. My XT is limited to 200, think it was removed with custom tuning, havent had a chance to test it since. They were probably sitting on the limiter...