Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think we will beat Italy?
Yes 55 42.64%
Don't Know 29 22.48%
No 45 34.88%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #91
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

The only thing that let us down was the strength behind our kicking game in the penalty box. When Italy were down there, they looked a bit more threatening.
This all changed in the last 15 or so minutes with Aloisi coming on. I would have loved to seen what we could have done in extra time!
Other than that. The referee should have consulted his linesmen before making a call like that.
Italy did well to hold Australia off from scoring. The only way the Italians could get anywhere near Schwartzer in the second half was the massive kicks their keeper got to the other end of the field.
Having said that, the Italians should be ashamed that they won off a dive. I dont think a lot of people will ever acknowledge that as a win to the Italians.
The stats say it all...Posession 60% Australia, 40% Italy...and it looked every part of it on the field.
Well done to the Boys, you've done us all proud and proved to all the so-called "elite" soccer nations out there that they can be out classed, out played and out performed by a country still quite new to the game.
Old 27-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #92
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner
Given a win by bias refs, they've been against us the whole way...

Outsiders pushed out.
c'mon, Australias 2nd goal against croatia was clearly an offside goal, the goal that put them through to the 2nd round in fact . Bad refereeing decisions arent exclusive to the Australian team only. And all the people complaining about lowscoring games in soccer, you just dont get it. A high scoring game doesnt always mean excitement. Its the tension, the near misses the build up play the intense support (for some teams anyway...) not just goals ! and it aint a Europeans game as someone mentioned, its the WORLD game ! In fact do you realise FIFA has more members than the United nations !! countries at war have had ceasefires to play qualifying games for god sake...
some people will just never undesrtand what the game is truly about.
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 28-06-2006, 01:18 AM   #93
herbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon91
There is more dive's in soccer than Frankston! For this reason alone, soccer will never be the number one sport in Australia. It is just not Australian to take a fairy swan dive and howl in pain for absolutely nothing, in fact it is embarrassing to watch!
Do you watch the games here in Australia? I'd say no, as we've got much less of a problem here than say...........Italy, Portugal. Eventually it'll be pushing AFL as the number 1 sport in Australia, whether it gets past Aussie Rules, we'll find out within say, 15 years. But really, why can't people support both codes, the seasons aren't held at the same time.
Old 28-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #94
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto
I understand what its about, not letting the European Trophy go overseas.
I also understand that they see us as a HUGE threat.
I think the boys showed them how much we are

Here's a video i found of the Ities Training :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDyp2aRRCg

:dr_Evil:
Old 28-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #95
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No black guys on the Italian team.
Probably Brazil or Portugal
Old 28-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #96
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto
And all the people complaining about lowscoring games in soccer, you just dont get it. A high scoring game doesnt always mean excitement. Its the tension, the near misses the build up play the intense support (for some teams anyway...) not just goals ! and it aint a Europeans game as someone mentioned, its the WORLD game ! In fact do you realise FIFA has more members than the United nations !! countries at war have had ceasefires to play qualifying games for god sake...
I couldn't agree with you more. Some people just don't get it. The fighting troops in WW2 stopped fighting to have a game of football and then went back to shooting each other (I think it was German and English troops). It is more than a sport it is a language that is recognised all over the world.

Last edited by pennybrain; 28-06-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 28-06-2006, 06:51 PM   #97
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

One of two truely international languages I guess.

1. Mathematics.. but this only applies to brainacs :P
2. Soccer. Anyone can kick a ball around.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 28-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #98
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Here's a summary from the other night.

You gotta click on it to animate!

Hehehehehehe
Attached Images
File Type: gif image001.gif (36.1 KB, 111 views)