Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #91
BAWagonWheels

the things i hate about Ford service is the cost to get it serviced. they wanted over $500 for service B (log book) and that didn't include parts, and if there were any further issues.

ended up doing the full AU service for $300 at our local mechanic... the mechanic said Ford wants the dollars $$$$ before they even work on the car then they start adding and accumulating the "so called" parts that need attention. by the time you leave Ford service you might end up forking out $1000 for the whole thing.

highway robbery on hoists.
BAWagonWheels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #92
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its not just fords its all dealers in general.....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #93
zard351
Starter Motor

Hey guys and gals.Can someone out there tell me how to undo the poxy plastic clip on the fuel filter as im pulling my hair out.Cheers
zard351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #94
daz_

I dropped in at ford today to get something looked at... I asked how much they charge she said something like $109 / hour

Is their work better than any normal garage who'd charge $30 less an hour?
daz_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 04:12 AM   #95
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jesus, my mechanic only charges $50 an hour. My old mechanic, before he retired, charged $30 an hour. :O
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 04:55 AM   #96
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Normal going rates are around the $75/hour mark at the moment.

Gone are the days of $30/hour ... unless you know your mechanic really well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #97
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Should I be replacing suspension bushes etc front and rear??
My ute has done 190,000k, dont think its been done before.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #98
full house

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
190,000k! :

wow!!!thats too much!

Mechan1k is right!the normal going rates are around the $75/hour mark at the moment . . .

:

: : :
full house is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #99
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Unhappy Ford Service LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_
I dropped in at ford today to get something looked at... I asked how much they charge she said something like $109 / hour

Is their work better than any normal garage who'd charge $30 less an hour?
Yes that is right FOR AN APPRENTICE FROM FORD TO WORK ON YOUR VEHICLE. Stay away from Ford. My mechanic charges $60 per hour
Old 13-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #100
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C

I replaced my front control arm bushes a little while ago ... just before (around 230K). But after the fronts were replaced ... boy was there a difference in handling and braking "feel" ... I saw what the old ones were doing on a suspension tester ... and the rubber ones moved so much it was scarey.

It takes a fair bit to get them replaced ... the control arms have to come out ... and the old rubber ones need to be burnt out of the control arm ... it takes a bit of time ... and is labour intensive.

I had a ball joint replaced at the time as well though ... so the extra labour wasn't too bad.

When i replaced my rear leaves in the ute though .... i had new bushes pressed in with the springs ... so i was lucky there.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post