Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #91
dave289
Banned

People not keeping to the left on freeway, like the tool on this forum who drives a fg turbo of some sort and thinks its okay to sit in the right hand lane and try and pick fights with people who want to challange him. and then tells us than no one has been man enough to challenge him. come here buddy I,ll knock you out, RIGHT BACK TO THE LEFT HAND LANE.
Old 14-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #92
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
this is one of my pet peeves. undertaking refers to the removal of dead bodies.

passing another vehicle is overtaking. it matters not whether you pass on the left or right. technically, in higher speed zones, cars should be 'keeping left unless overtaking' so there shouldn't be a need to overtake on the left in an ideal world, but i don't think that rule takes into account the amount of traffic on some roads. eg, the pacific motorway to the goldcoast. its 5 or 6 lanes wide in some areas and full of traffic. its just not practical for everyone to be trying to keep left although most still try to stay left of the furthermost right lane.

i like proper English too,but everyone else on here knows what they are trying to say,so i actually have a pet hate ,and thats smartarse's correcting everyone ,and while im at it, people who come from sleepy little towns in SA trying to be the People Police on forums and the roads who think its fine to travel below the posted speed as part of that same people's Police attitude,probably the same ones who also pull out of their farm just around a blind corner and do 30kmh;just so those pesky speeding bike riders learn a lesson

Last edited by OLDFORDNUT; 14-11-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 14-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #93
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
People not keeping to the left on freeway, like the tool on this forum who drives a fg turbo of some sort and thinks its okay to sit in the right hand lane and try and pick fights with people who want to challange him. and then tells us than no one has been man enough to challenge him. come here buddy I,ll knock you out, RIGHT BACK TO THE LEFT HAND LANE.
Old 14-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #94
Alby1
you'd be popular too

People who have there damn rear fog lights on at night when the night is so clear. It's almost like a high beam but in red....... Yes i could see you but now i have to squint as your light is annoying me........
Obviously in fog there great and work well

E303 cam, ported gt40p heads, 1.7 rockers, high flow cats, Au220 TB, 70mm Maf, tune (215rwkw) and some bigger brakes

Have now brought my car to the 2000's with electric rear windows, door lights and wood trims
Old 14-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #95
blueluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The most dangerous and common I see is the slow freeway merging, this happens to me daily. Driving a slow diesel with a heavy trailer I need all of the on ramp to get my speed up, the fools pulling in front of trucks 20kph slower should have their license taken from them.

I'd like to know if driving instructors actually teach this, if freeway merging is not part of the lessons it dam well should be.
I agree totally, and I see it often. I haven't seen an accident yet because of it personally, but you just know it's such a bad thing to be near. They get on the brakes to let the truck go past but that means they are now trying to (and force everyone else to) merge at 70 or sometimes less speed. Then you add to that scenario the impatient driver at the back of the line who pulls across two lanes even before the official merge point, to get in front of everybody, and you have the person doing 30+ k slower than the median speed of everyone else, and the frustrated guy who is now coming from behind 30+K faster, the truck cruising at 100, and everyone in between.

I still say it's far safer to merge whilst arriving slightly faster than the freeway traffic. (if you can of course) That way you can tap some brakes on the way in to match speed when you have picked a spot. Also I see a lot of drivers who only look over their shoulder AT the time of the merge, yet don't look 500 meters earlier when they could first see how the freeway was running.

Situational awareness, some people have zero when behind the wheel, and I think a lack of it kills a lot of people. Whilst on the freeway, even on a std road, I'm refreshing my memory of what's in my mirrors every minute or so. it's become a reflex over the years, and it's one thing I'm drumming into my young bloke who is about to get his licence. As soon as I come around a corner I scan as far as I can see. It's something my old man told me and has worked well so far. Riding road bikes teaches you this too. You get a lot less surprises this way.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #96
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

the one that gets me is when someone vears right before turning left
Old 14-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #97
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
I'll be peeved if the "tool on this forum who drives a fg turbo of some sort" doesn't respond to the above and spice this up a bit
Old 14-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #98
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

The overly timid waste of space who gets to a roundabout and refuses to enter it till there's enough space and time for a semi trailer to pull away let alone their car. These are the same morons who pull up to an intersection to turn left and won't move till there's not a vehicle in sight to their right even though you can both see over a km back up the road. They are also the ones who, in a line of traffic stopped anywhere waiting to go, are 3 car lengths behind the vehicle stopped ahead of them. If you're that lacking in confidence behind the wheel then maybe you shouldn't be out in a car on your own.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 14-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #99
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT

i like proper English too,but everyone else on here knows what they are trying to say,so i actually have a pet hate ,and thats smartarse's correcting everyone ,and while im at it, people who come from sleepy little towns in SA trying to be the People Police on forums and the roads who think its fine to travel below the posted speed as part of that same people's Police attitude,probably the same ones who also pull out of their farm just around a blind corner and do 30kmh;just so those pesky speeding bike riders learn a lesson

so you disagree so therefore my opinion isn't valid because it doesn't agree with yours. grow up tool.

nice stereotyping too by the way. yes i live in adelaide. one day we may actually seal our roads and if i really save up enough i might be able to buy one of those motorised carriage thingy's, but until then, my dear horse, bessy, will just have to do. so just excuse me now while i go to find some wood so i can make a fire to give some light in my cave and heat up my billy so i can make a cuppa.
Old 14-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #100
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 14-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #101
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Numptys that drive around with all the windows wound down and the stezza cranked up..... look at me.. look at me.. i'm a big DH.....
Old 14-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #102
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris
Hallelujah , someone else who recognises this phonomenon . A few years back an unfortunate local couple were killed by an imbecile in a V8 Commode drag racing another V8 Commode , they ( the couple ) were driving a Camry and although technically 100 innocent they some how managed to be totally oblivious to 2 screaming V8 cars closing on them at a frightening rate of knots . My experience on the roads and I spend a LOT of time on them being a rep is that 99% of Toyota drivers from Yaris's to Lexi are totally and i mean TOTALLY situationally unaware , absolutely oblivious to where they are and what they are doing , the ironic part of all this is I am witnessing this from behind the wheel of an Aurion ( company car ) .
Careful, our resident satirist, & all round cynical member (or at least used to) drive/s a yaris!!!!

However he also used to drive an F6 & GT so I suppose what is taken in one end is given back on the other...
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 14-11-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 14-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #103
jaytyn

People that slow down to about 1km/h and turn left into a corner excruiciatingly slow... Really annoying!!
Old 14-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #104
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dumbasses that cant make up their mind in maccas drive thrus...
Old 14-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #105
Kryton

What peeves me off?
EVERY OTHER ROAD USER.
Old 14-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #106
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau Stable
As per the title, what really gets to you the most?
the Northern Territory's Labor government

oh, and tail gaitors at 100-110km/h
Old 14-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #107
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Dumbasses that cant make up their mind in maccas drive thrus...
Had this last night actually, some guy in a black VN(?) SS (great exhaust note, nice car, ruined by ****** wheels) spent about five minutes talking into the order box. Then he pulled up to the first window and paid by eftpos, then pulled up to the second window and was handed two soft-serve cones.
Old 14-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #108
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Had this last night actually, some guy in a black VN(?) SS (great exhaust note, nice car, ruined by ****** wheels) spent about five minutes talking into the order box. Then he pulled up to the first window and paid by eftpos, then pulled up to the second window and was handed two soft-serve cones.
The punishment befits the crime, methinks.
Old 14-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #109
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
Correct. You always indicate Left to exit a round about, no matter where your entered. This includes going straight across. No signal when entering but indicate left as you leave. It appears AFF is not immune to incorrect roundabout practises.
I live in Victoria and I've never seen that happen, nor did they mention it to me in my driving test or mark me on it. Might be a QLD thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
I think the WORLD would be a happier place if everyone would just concentrate more on what they are doing and worried less about what others are doing.
I fixed that for you.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 14-11-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 14-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #110
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
he sounds like a true champ.. maybe savouring every impressive moment chatting up 14yo chicks......
Old 14-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #111
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Some of mine to do with lighting.

Drivers of 4WD's and trucks particularly but also any other car that has poorly adjusted low beam that is aimed way to high and might as well be a high beam. The low beam 55w is enough to dazzle people if it is aimed too high. I also love these vehicles sitting on my tail, if you can see my face getting lit up in my rear vision mirror, you are way too close or your lights are aimed too high.

People who drive in suburban streets with street lights with their dirty great bitumen burner spot lights on. By the time they have come around the corner and realised you are there, they have already permanently scarred your retinas. Not to mention it is illegal to use spot lights in an are that has street lighting.

When I have high beam on I always dip the lights when I see the glow of an oncoming car on the other side of the crest of the hill or around the corner, before I can see their car. Why is it so many people must see the whites of my eyes before they dip theirs?

People that refuse to turn their headlights on during daylight hours, even though it might be bucketing down with rain. In heavy rain, you car might be virtually invisible to other cars at intersections etc, particularly if it is silver of grey in colour, turn your damn lights on.

People who pull out of a car park, driveway etc at night without their lights on and do not realise they have no lights on until they are 500m down the road. How hard is it to get in, turn the car on, do up your seat belt and turn on your lights before you move. To not do this is absolute incompetence, no excuses, how can they not know when they can't see any of their dash lights?

People that obviously do not check their car at all because they have no tail light working at all or no headlights that work. I highly doubt they happened to blow both globes at once.

Cars that are a few years old, tend to be mostly VN-VR commodores with tail lights that are so faded they are now clear. Lenses that are faded enough to be white light on braking or indicating can be very bright and distracting. Do us a favour, change your tail light lenses, white is not cool.
Old 14-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #112
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I live in Victoria and I've never seen that happen, nor did they mention it to me in my driving test or mark me on it. Might be a QLD thing.
Not a QLD thing, applies in Vic as well, the following is a direct copy from the Vic road rules. I also know for a fact it applies in WA and NSW, might have something to do with it being in the Australian Road Rules.

Quote:
ROAD SAFETY ROAD RULES 2009 - SECT 118

Giving a left change of direction signal when leaving a roundabout

118. Giving a left change of direction signal when leaving a roundabout

(1) If practicable, a driver driving in a roundabout must give a left change
of direction signal when leaving the roundabout.

Penalty: 3 penalty units. Note Left change of direction signal is defined in
the dictionary.

(2) The driver must stop giving the change of direction signal as soon as the
driver has left the roundabout.

Penalty: 3 penalty units.

(3) This rule does not apply to a driver if the driver's vehicle is not fitted
with direction indicator lights.

Notes 1. Driver's vehicle is defined in the dictionary. 2. The rules in
Part 11 about driving in marked lanes and moving from one marked lane or line
of traffic to another marked lane or line of traffic apply to a driver leaving
a roundabout-see rules 146 to 148.

Last edited by geckoGT; 14-11-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 14-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #113
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Not a QLD thing, applies in Vic as well, the following is a direct copy from the Vic road rules. I also know for a fact it applies in WA and NSW, might have something to do with it being in the Australian Road Rules.
Odd, because it was never mentioned to me by examiner or instructor, no one in my family does it or knows about it either, either do my friends.

The only time I indicate left is when I'm getting off the left exit of a roundabout, going straight through, no indicator, its going to confuse the crap out of people at "highly contested" roundabouts where you're always riding the clutch waiting for that slight gap to get through and relying on indicators to see what people are going to do.

I know one particular bastard of a roundabout which backs up very far when its busy, which has a pedestrian crossing just about in the thing too.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 14-11-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 14-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #114
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
(1) If practicable, a driver driving in a roundabout must give a left change
of direction signal when leaving the roundabout.
The "spirit" of the legislation was designed for different sized roundabouts... a small roundabout in the suburbs doesnt give you time to indicate when exiting as people may think your actually turning left... or by the time you indicate left, you have exited.
Its meant for the larger roundabouts where the exit lanes as very far apart and you have plenty of time to indicate without causing confusion.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 14-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #115
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
The "spirit" of the legislation was designed for different sized roundabouts... a small roundabout in the suburbs doesnt give you time to indicate when exiting as people may think your actually turning left... or by the time you indicate left, you have exited.
Its meant for the larger roundabouts where the exit lanes as very far apart and you have plenty of time to indicate without causing confusion.
It's actually quite useful in some of the bigger multi-lane roundabouts.
Especially for heavy vehicles who need that little bit more time to get up some momentum to get into the roundabout.
That extra second between knowing you're going to exit, and having to guess what you're doing can make all the difference.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 14-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #116
outside
off in outer space

P platers who think its ok to sit on everyone's **** on the highway
Old 14-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #117
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Drivers of 4WD's and trucks particularly but also any other car that has poorly adjusted low beam that is aimed way to high and might as well be a high beam.

+1 HERE HERE !!

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 14-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #118
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by outside
P platers who think its ok to sit on everyone's **** on the highway
Probably saw my mate.

He is on his Red P's and is **** at driving. Always acts like he is in a hurry, tailgates and doesn't even think he is.
Even when there is 2 lanes and he can overtake a car, he still sits up their *** and thinks it's just normal driving.
******* he is either accelerating or braking. No gentle braking he is always hitting brake at the last second reasonable hard.
Takes most corners faster then he probably should, but nothing over the top.

I hate being in the passengers seat when people drives like this.
Old 14-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #119
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yep and regardless of how accurate it may be you just can't say it because being right is overruled by being politically correct every time.
Show me a developed nation that doesnt use trucks? Id suggest any race drive trucks.

And the ladies too.
Old 14-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #120
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Show me a developed nation that doesnt use trucks? Id suggest any race drive trucks.

And the ladies too.
The point I was making was if you believe the statement is wrong then retort against its content rather than whether or not it is politically correct.....
Closed Thread