Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #91
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: FPV’s resale value in the future.

The future is changing so much now, enjoy your classic rides but watch the market,
lots of owners will be moving to cash out their vehicles in the next five years or so
before electrification kills the price for ICEs.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #92
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The future is changing so much now, enjoy your classic rides but watch the market,
lots of owners will be moving to cash out their vehicles in the next five years or so

by then .......... i might just put a battery in mine
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2021, 07:09 AM   #93
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

I think that in the FPV range anything with that Miami combo will always be sought after, what surprises me though is the prices of a MK II GS, they just seem to be increasing ridiculously when you take away specials like GT-F & Cobra from the mix, hell I reckon if I list my GS and my GT-E at the same time for the same money the GS would sell first.
Will the values remain past the wider take up of electric vehicles? Initially I think not, there will be a few that will move them on for something electric and just want them gone, but there will always be a core group that will keep them running, it’s like saying there’s guys out there getting ready to flog off their xa-Xc coupes cause electric cars are around the corner, just won’t happen,
Ps is you are gonna flog off a cheap coupe to make space for ur new Nissan Leaf, drop me a pm ;)
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2021, 10:59 PM   #94
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver038 View Post
...As recently as last week i saw BA GT build No 3 (claim was it was the first one sold) listed at 120+K with over 130k Km on it , That car is now not on Car Sales and I'm not sure if it was sold or removed...
That guy was recently on here wasn't he? Think there is a thread somewhere not too long ago

EDIT: Found the thread https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=47829&page=3

If he was asking only $120+k recently then he has come down from his ask of $160k in March. I'd wait til early next year when he has come down to $60K lol

Last edited by Mulva; 21-07-2021 at 11:06 PM.
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2021, 07:32 AM   #95
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
there will be a few that will move them on for something electric and just want them gone, but there will always be a core group that will keep them running, it’s like saying there’s guys out there getting ready to flog off their xa-Xc coupes cause electric cars are around the corner, just won’t happen,
Ps is you are gonna flog off a cheap coupe to make space for ur new Nissan Leaf, drop me a pm ;)
This could easily go both ways, the issues is going to be people right now are still spending big coin on buying and restoring older cars....who is going to buy them for that + profit in 10 years time?

Parts are already a hassle, skill levels in the industry will change. Its not the same as trying to maintain a car from the 20-30's now because our current cars are still heavily mechanical. This is going to change in the coming years.

For example, if I choose to do a full resto on my Fairlane in 10 years time, will the skills be around (enough) that it is not a $40-50k job? Because no one is ever going to buy it for that much and I am not silly enough to spend it on it.

Look forward to reading this thread in the future.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #96
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2021, 07:51 PM   #97
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was a teen, we already new that "Shakers" were special, and they were selling for over $20k.

The smart buy back then, would have been to buy a Hardtop or Monaro. I remember looking at a couple for of rough ones for $750.

But if you consider that around that time my (Boomer) Brother bought a house for around $35k, and he sold the land a couple of years ago for almost $2M.

Cars aren't a good investment, but they are something you can enjoy owning along the way.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #98
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
I think that in the FPV range anything with that Miami combo will always be sought after, what surprises me though is the prices of a MK II GS, they just seem to be increasing ridiculously when you take away specials like GT-F & Cobra from the mix, hell I reckon if I list my GS and my GT-E at the same time for the same money the GS would sell first.
Will the values remain past the wider take up of electric vehicles? Initially I think not, there will be a few that will move them on for something electric and just want them gone, but there will always be a core group that will keep them running, it’s like saying there’s guys out there getting ready to flog off their xa-Xc coupes cause electric cars are around the corner, just won’t happen,
My post was to remind the “traders” who drive up prices to move cars on, true collectors won’t care either way.
That’s the missing context from my original post.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post