Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #91
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default Re: Mental Illness

I'm happy too bud... we all owe it to ourselves to think outside the box...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #92
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman5110 View Post

I support the black dog ride 100%, i suggest you guys make a donation... They are currently half way around australia..

Black Dog is to raise money for Mens depression and suicide awareness...
Funny you mention the black dog ride. Just went past all of them in a carpark. Should turn round and take a photo.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #93
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
My brother took his own life in 2008, as a result of mental illness and the scatter gun approach to meds. They try you on one for a while, and if that doesn't work, they try a different one - each one can take 3 weeks or so to have any impact, in the meantime, the sufferer still has the dark thoughts etc going through their mind. There is no easy answer to many mental illness conditions - we simply don't know enough about what chemicals imbalances affect the mind, and how we can fix it.
THIS
Quote:
My sister also suffers mental illness, and she has tried to suicide 9 times, but is still with us, and for the last few years is reasonably stable - she is still a bit manic at times, but she has leanred to control it by and large, and is currently on no meds; she went off meds the moment she found out she was preganant around 2 years ago. She and her young daughter are doing well; living by themselves etc. So it can be overcome, but she is 33 and has been fighting her demons since she was 19 or so......there is no easy path.

Not sure what the point of this post is, but it does feel good to share, and I am proud of my sister for her "win", and understand why my brother couldn't fight any more......
So sorry to hear your story, but it is good to share. Good on you for supporting your sister. Hang in there.
Old 15-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #94
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Well from a medical standpoint Im a bag of fun;

ASD, ADHD, MDD, OCD, GAD.

I have lived with so-called Mental Illness since my first cell underwent Mitosis.
I wont share my thoughts on it, nor experiences. Since language is the most ineffective way of conveying those subjects as seen by myself.

All I will say is that everyone has their own journey to take in life, with all happening for a reason.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #95
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7 View Post
You know what gets me depressed? The fact that i was just dumped here on earth with no answers as to why. On top of that i'm forced to adjust to the workings of life in order to simply survive and be relativly Comfortable and just as a added kick in the **** i get sick and may die from cancer or a heart attack or some other crap. Oh and the fact that some of my family members may and will die leaving me and others in a mess.
Some people have a really messed up life and live it happily, I have no idea how they do it.
I think to much but is that really my fault?
The world is messed up. Or atleast some of the people in it.
I mean how can ONE person like Gena Rinehart have $32,000,000,000 while kids simply starve to death? I have to work 12 months in ice and heat to earn what she gets sitting on her fat **** in 30 minutes.
I know there is a cure for cancer but it's all about money and population control.
You can't tell me that a growth of cells cannot be stopped STILL...
You know what i find weird? We have been around for what millions of years? I'm not sure but why am i here NOW? Lile just when everything is taking off? The last 100 years, Cars, electricity, phones, computers ect.
I mean I could of been born 1000 or 2000 years ago or even 1000 2000 into the future but i'm here now? Is that a hint that maybe we rencarnate?
And the crap with islam extremists ect WTF is wrong with them people! Shooting, beheading and blowing **** up. Really sadistic crap! EVIL! And youtube shows it all.
Another thing that gets me...If we cannot see wind, sound, radio waves, smell ect then what else can't we see?
Anyway...
Another person who shares my viewpoint. What is the point of life? What makes people wake up every morning, gives them motivation to carry on, isn't it all just blind optimism, vanity and ego driven and a hope in a 'better tomorrow' all the while you're headed to the same fate sooner or later? Born, study, wake->work->sleep(repeat), retired, die, endless cycle (reincarnated?). Why bother having kids if it will make your wife suffer? If you're never born, you never die: so why have kids if they are just going to die one day? Why have sex, its just a stupid scam where 'mother nature' fools animals and people alike into bringing more of themselves into this horror filled realm/existence/dimension or whatever its called... (doesn't this make sex the root of all evil). Why does pain exist? Why do people kill and eat animals? Why do people hate each other because of religion? Why are there so many religions?

Is depression just a symptom of those who think too much?

Last edited by malazn mafia; 15-08-2014 at 11:59 PM.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #96
sr71

This thread shows that everyone has a story, eh .
A recent discussion pointed out that we are not meant to live in a constant state of happiness. But to strive for it, and make the most of those happy moments
Regarding the pic below , please don't take offense to the caption, but it could be valid for some.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.9 KB, 63 views)
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #97
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend...

I hung out with a revhead mate yesterday who is having issues with his missus loyalty while he works away, i had my own issues this week but the phone call i got from him at 2am in the morning put it all into perspective and confirmed how lucky i am to have my missus.

Just speak up and share guys there is always an ear and someone who will listen somewhere
Old 18-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #98
The Monty
Just slidin'

I FINALLY managed to get out of the house and into the surf today after nearly 5 years of no motivation. It was one thing growing up that kept me going and when I moved away from the beach, I kind of just introverted from there.

Sun was shinning, great accepting company and good waves. Hope today can be a "good" day.
Old 18-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #99
Spudz27
Call me Spud

My weekend was mixed, it was my birthday and for some reason every year the day after I am depressed. On my birthday I wejt fishing, then later that day moved to a rockwall and tripped and luckily I ended up with a massive bruised and swollen leg, because I could have tumbled 6m to the bottom and it was just me and my son. Went to dinner and it was terrible. Woke up sunday depressed and angry like every year, but got up and had a robin williams marathon with the kids which made me laugh and snapped me.out of my mood . So a mixed weekend but all is good.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #100
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
I FINALLY managed to get out of the house and into the surf today after nearly 5 years of no motivation. It was one thing growing up that kept me going and when I moved away from the beach, I kind of just introverted from there.

Sun was shinning, great accepting company and good waves. Hope today can be a "good" day.
Always welcome for a BBQ at Club Dazzler Josh ... i'm not far from the beach either
4 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #101
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71 View Post
This thread shows that everyone has a story, eh .
A recent discussion pointed out that we are not meant to live in a constant state of happiness. But to strive for it, and make the most of those happy moments
Regarding the pic below , please don't take offense to the caption, but it could be valid for some.
Hope that little fella doesn't grow up and kill his girlfriend.....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #102
Road Games

Quote:
Hope that little fella doesn't grow up and kill his girlfriend.....
Ummmm nah not even funny sorry.....
Old 18-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #103
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Since mid primary school I started feeling a little off, moved school and had a hard time, eventually diagnosed with ASD/mild as when i was 14, then at 17 my stomach went absolutely skitz and my god what an adventure. I have every ige allergy under the moon along with every pathogen under the moon (blasto, clostridia etc). It went pretty fast from a quirky character thing to a full on invalid state struggling to buy food from the shops, not to mention the brain fog alone keeps you out the car at its worst. Since 17 I had the lowest attendance in my year in yr12 (yet still passed well above) every day is like a fugue state with constant ups and downs, not just mental, all the autoimmune conditions pains, hernias, acid reflux, 4 types of hand eczema, constant hold and cold flushes, million types of neasea and sensations, spasms etc, skin feels constantly hypersensitive I could go on all day. I've taken a step back currently and am sloly recovering (following my protocol for more than a mere 2 days would help as I can feel it merely 8hrs through, diets, dna methylation supplements etc)

Since the gut/immune issues became apparent, ocd, adult tic disorder (strep/pandas), bpd, bipolar, psychotic depression, anxiety by far the worst but it's all the same **** really. constantly drugged by toxins and pathogens and actual drugs (blasto ***** out methanol which is a narcotic form of alcohol not to mention iga2 protease).

Awesome thing about these severe psychiatric illnesses is if you're stomach is that far gone it can stop producing Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 digestive enzyme which breaks down gluten and casein. Now the funny part is unbroken down those are gliadorphin and casomporphin. They are a form of heroin (10 times stronger than hospital grade as well). no other foods besides gluten/casein contain heroin. opiates were laced into a cows genome 5000yrs ago, before that all beta protein was a2 (now all is a1 beta protein which has the heroin in it )

It was always debated whether these undigested peptides could actually do any harm to the brain (it was believed they couldn't cross the blood brain barrier) negligent science for decades with no funding/interest has shown it infact does.

All these illnesses are from gastrointestinal permeability and the chain reaction of illnesses that from it (ie blasto/parasites, diabetes). They're just incredibly incredibly ****** illnesses, being caused every single day inside your gut (sounds ridiculous i bet... but that argument is long over).

The little pathogenic ***** control everything, up and down mood, appetite, die off/depressive episode. your stomach doesn't even need to be sore they control the receptors through the vagus nerve to suit their environment (inflammation triggers an immune response which is bad for them). They're really physically whole body disorders, classifying them as psychological brain illnesses is wrong (psychology is endocrine/cortisol aka physical anyway ie stress).
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0815192240.htm
Old 19-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #104
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must admit I have been having issues for months now myself. I have had stomach discomfort almost constantly, mood swings, tiredness and nervousness like never before. 1 doctor says it's anxiety related, another says it's a stomach issue as I wait to see the gastroenterologist. The stress of daily life just gets to me. At night I burst into tears thinking there will never be a solution to be normal again. I am on Valium at the moment but it does sweet FA, take probiotics, tried anti-reflux tablets, and had tests after tests and will be visiting the doc again tomorrow to talk about it in further detail again. But I don't want to end my life. Just someone coming to the door or just thinking about a rough past event gives my hot flashes through my face. Anyone else experienced this?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #105
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
Must admit I have been having issues for months now myself. I have had stomach discomfort almost constantly, mood swings, tiredness and nervousness like never before. 1 doctor says it's anxiety related, another says it's a stomach issue as I wait to see the gastroenterologist. The stress of daily life just gets to me. At night I burst into tears thinking there will never be a solution to be normal again. I am on Valium at the moment but it does sweet FA, take probiotics, tried anti-reflux tablets, and had tests after tests and will be visiting the doc again tomorrow to talk about it in further detail again. But I don't want to end my life. Just someone coming to the door or just thinking about a rough past event gives my hot flashes through my face. Anyone else experienced this?
Might be best to get a third opinion.
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #106
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
It's great that you can talk about it. That's a start.....
Old 20-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #107
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Sounds similar to what I have at times, I actually have a stomach issue, GERD. Basically I have inflammation of the esophagus which is causing it not to close properly, that mixed with excess acid production means I feel Nauseated quite a lot which can be a huge cause of anxiety.

Just remember duaned a lot of physical problems can be caused by your mental health and stress is never helpful, I found going for a run sometimes helped relieved a lot of stress although it temporarily, was better than nothing.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #108
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was depressed for a long time started of with working callout doing 12 hour days sometimes on a long weekend would get 6 hours sleep. Some people where smart enough to leave I made a lot of money spent most of it on medical care. Luckily my doctor taught me tai chi and meditation and after having cancer met a number of people who taught other techniques now I see people at work and I tell them how they are feeling and what could happen from those feelings and can teach them to reverse those feelings through meditation.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #109
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post

Used to got to the beach every weekend always felt great one of the best things ever keep going every weekend Monty
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #110
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go see that gastro specialist I told you about he's a genius!

It's weird connecting food/"biology" to your "psychological" relationships with people but not really.. if you think about it those thoughts all come from how you feel, one minute you can't bear another breath of existence and then for absolutely no reason you're not like that only hours later you're "happy". Sure it's psychological (yes and no) but try putting that to the test yourself. Next time you're genuinely happy force all the bad thoughts on yourself and see if they make you feel that way. I bet you the same thoughts/grudges that make you feel unbearable when in that mindset don't appear when you perform that exact same psychology when in a different mood. In my case one day I'm an autistic loser who no one talks to and the next all the emo clubbers are 4ft tall with a pin between their legs and all their girls are hitting on me over them..but they don't talk to me either!! It depends how I feel not what happened (even though that's the whole reason I feel that way if you get me).

That strategy can also backfire horribly, some people think they're happy when they're not (I mean literally as unable to understand their own feelings and not self convincing/denial like all the celebrities) and if you don't know your moods then all you'll do is feed depression when you "think" you're happy and actually the opposite which can be horribly unwise.

My point is the same psychology that we think is killing us won't be there hours later... it's the mood aka biology. And to spice things up stress/psychology can affect glutamine, cortisol/endocrine so once you're in that state of perception as a result of the biology to begin with you need to change your outlook because at that point.. your psychology can affect your biology which itself is already affecting your psychology hence a cause effect cause scenario/loop.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 20-08-2014 at 12:57 PM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #111
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anyones interested take a look here: http://www.gapsdiet.com/

It won't address the underlying disorder but addresses the gastrointestinal permeability part of the underlying disorder. Same concept as Abletts diet but they're a little different (his includes nuts which contain lectins/phylates aka leaky gut).

They're all bs diets really while they actually work while your on them, the moment you go back to a normal diet your symptoms come racing back meaning all they do is alleviate symptoms and not address the underlying disorder. For the record "Rasters strict anti-Candida diet" is the only diet that worked for me (google it) but autism/blasto would explain why, the others should work for most people.

Here is a theory (the dots are drawn from current evidence) of the underlying disorder (this is drawn for autism there's a few differences/extensions in mutation than general cases. As you can see much more to it than diet.

None of the super mcdonalds clinic doctors would've heard of "brain inflammation" also known as a common medical term that wasn't in their 1980's study books.

http://www.autismfile.com/wp-content...dy-diagram.jpg
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/anxiety...ry?id=20229136

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 20-08-2014 at 01:29 PM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #112
Thornie
Off smelting

One of my good mates recently split with his fiance, and she told him she is seeing someone else. He's taken it pretty bad as he's been through a similer breakup before and battled severe depression.been helping him as much as we can, he sent me a text the morning after she told him she's someone else and told me he come real close to ending himself. I know that sign as a call for help and as we were at work at the time I let my manager know without saying directly what was going on that he needed help.

So our company has set up counselling for him and h'es talking to them, and i've been meeting with him and he's been putting it all out on the table he tries to play the tough guy but our friend network has all told him how much it doesn't matter if he crys. Thing that bothers me the most is he told about about the ways he thought of suicide and they each way was extremely violent. Gonna see how he holds up the next few days and then work out where we go from here.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #113
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I have been suffering from depression for 10 years and while the medication helps I do agree with some of you that you have to be careful as some docs will tend to just dose you up so you are a mere shadow of your old self. They say look he's not depressed anymore, and you say yeah that's right he's not anything anymore, as in not happy not sad not funny, not talking just staring into space. My Dad had Bi polar and I have seen everything over his time and the so called docs that are just playing Russian roulette with people lives. Instead of just saying stuffed if I know we'll just have to try a few things, they lie and say yeah we know what's going on and send you home with another box of pills. My aarr$$ee is what I told one doc when I was 18 and I told him he did have a clue what he was doing. Only a doc from the public system knew what he was doing and genuinely wanted to help. And only then did Electric shock treatment work. The governments spend millions on cancer and heart disease and smoking related disease which a lot of people could avoid, but no where near enough on mental illness. Imagine if they found a cure for mental illness the cost savings that the country would have. This thread is great and has surprised me how many of you are just like me. It's a great place to come and speak its like minded people, regards Shane
Old 21-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #114
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo View Post
This thread is great and has surprised me how many of you are just like me. It's a great place to come and speak its like minded people, regards Shane
It's strange how it helps. It's not that I want others to share in my misery, but it does make me feel less alone and misunderstood.
5 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #115
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Well I recently moved house (not under my own "I need to move" scenario) however I don't feel like its home if that makes sense.

Yeah I get to listen to screaming FA/18 Hornets all day and I love it (so does my boy) but I just feel like something is missing and I don't know what that is.

My main thing to me is I feel like I wasted my life and I have nothing to show for it or I'm not a somebody.
Old 25-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #116
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Well I recently moved house (not under my own "I need to move" scenario) however I don't feel like its home if that makes sense.

Yeah I get to listen to screaming FA/18 Hornets all day and I love it (so does my boy) but I just feel like something is missing and I don't know what that is.

My main thing to me is I feel like I wasted my life and I have nothing to show for it or I'm not a somebody.
Yeah I feel like that alot, we need to remember that 95% of people are just on the mouse wheel called life. living each day as it comes. By the way you are a somebody, your that little boys father and your somebody to him.
Old 25-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #117
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Just read an article recently that some boffins released in links to inflammation and depression. Extremely interesting read, especially as many of us have probably had a touch of depression at one point in our lives or know someone who has.

No one should ever feel like they have wasted they're life, but if you do you should always remember your life is not over and still have time to do those things you always wanted to.

Friends and people close to you are the best medicine for depression, pills will only get you so far and as much as it can be related to a chemical imbalance sometimes if you don't change the habits you have or negativeness in your life it will be a real struggle to recover.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #118
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Crikey mate, I understand. Same with me - not the mood swings in my case. Everything else has turned back into the same now since my first diagnosis - I won't answer my phone or the front door unless I know who it is there.

I've dealt with depression from being "normal" in 2006 and got off the meds in 2011 when felt I could manage day to day life. Felt I could handle the depression after that, which I managed well. I own my house, my car, have bugger all debts. I have a lot to be thankful for - just don't see it that way, feel worthless.

I hide it from the people I know - maybe unwittingly?

"Lotte's" initial posts prompted me to further seek professional help. Thanks sister! and the rest of you for speaking out.

Yep, I'll be alright - I'm not suicidal, just trying to get my **** together!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.

Last edited by supershifty; 25-08-2014 at 06:30 PM.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #119
yearby
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Who else that has a mental issue in the past or present has suffered some type of stomach discomfort, gut problem, bowel problem, or even had antibiotics that may have killed of the bacterial flora in the gut?

And my second question-

Of those who have or had a mental illness/depression have cats?

I guess these 2 questions could also apply to people you know.

Just that I was thinking that there maybe a connection?
And it seems odd that counselling can only do so much and then it starts to go around and around in circles, there has to be more.

It has been mentioned in this thread that a good diet helps with depression, this makes some sense as a high fibre diet improves the gut. And a healthy gut improves the bodies immune system, which in turn fights off any unwanted disease.

The number punching is also starting to show a correlation between disease and the condition of the gut.

Lets start with a simple one, allergies.

There seems to be a connection for people with allergies and the condition of the gut. I was one of these people, I was allergic to rock melon, water melon, sea food, tomatoes, bananas, cats, bottle brush trees, even hay fever practically everything. It was a serious situation for me, because a reaction meant immediate swelling of the throat thus blocking my airway. One small insignificant diet change resulted in my allergies gone within weeks.
What I'm trying to empathise is how important the internal health is to combating different health conditions and how dramatic the changes can be.

In another post on Ford forum I referred to a study connecting children being born with autism and air pollution, I'm not saying that air pollution causes autism, but it does exacerbate the situation. What is not commonly known is that people with autism also have a high incidence of gut problems. So what we have here is the situation where an individual has gut problems is prone to allergens (in this case air pollution), a weak immune system and a mental illness, autism.
What I am suggesting here is that the poor gut heath and thus the poor immune system may have been too weak to prevent the autism.

Now to connect a weak immune system to a disease which affects the human brain function.
The Toxoplasma gondii parasite associated with the cat and found in cat faeces rewires the brain of rats and mice so as to make them more venerable to be eaten by the cat, and once consumed by the cat the parasite can reproduce again before being excreted by the cat in it's faeces. This parasite's whole life cycle revolves around the cat eating the rodent and the rodent coming in contact with the cat's faeces. This parasite takes control of it's host's brain but does not show any symptoms of it's presence in the host.
This parasite can survive in any host including humans but can only reproduce in the intestines of cats. 30 to 50% of humans carry this parasite but it is believed that the human immune system keeps it controlled.

This parasite is showing high possible cause directly or indirectly linked with schizophrenia, depression, bipolar diseases, anxiety syndrome, and other mental health disorders. The disease can influence a person's levels of aggression, extroversion and risk-taking. It will affect males and females (humans and rodents) differently because it affects their sexual activity. The original change in sexual activity was to increase the number offspring from mice/rodents which would have been infected with the parasite. The parasite can survive in the human body up to 10 years without symptoms.

What I have said here is an idea, sort of suggestion as to the why of
depression and mental illness, the possible connection between an unhealthy gut and a parasite, not a conclusion, more food for thought.

My father had depression, and gut problems the whole of his life, and his family had cats which they used to keep the rodents under control on his farm.
Any one else?

Okay a few shortcuts.

http://consumer.healthday.com/mental...dy-671480.html

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...WpOb0O_W-lz8sQ

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...-crazy/308873/

Last edited by yearby; 26-08-2014 at 07:02 AM.
yearby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #120
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My gastroenterologist said he felt no need to throw a scope down my throat to take a look around, instead gave my a script for another 5 packs of Somac. idiot as I told him anti-reflux tablets have not been working. Then after speaking to another person who had almost identical symptoms I have to concor I think it is Anxiety causing my stomach discomfort. I guess I pretty much answered my own question earlier in this thread. Surely stomach discomfort doesn't bring a grown man into an emotional mess? I have eliminated all caffeine, spicy foods, foods containing high acidity and nothing changes. No acid reducing tablets have changed (or reduced) my symptoms. I occasionally wake up in the middle of the night after remembering a previous traumatic event. List goes on. Thoughts?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post