Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #91
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default Re: Rolf has been found guilty

Wow...
Old 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #92
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Scumbag
This user likes this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #93
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusfan View Post
Not saying victims are scum bags. The late comers are probably fakers
that were not victims so they stayed out of the court system so they would not be exposed. Now the trial is over they want to add their names to the
law suits and try to make some easy money. They should have to go through court like the others to prove they were victims as well and not
just fakes trying to make a buck. That is my opinion. The real victims
good on them and I hope they get their rewards as they went through
the courts to get justice done. Not sitting back waiting for the verdict.
Awesome post, not!

I was a "late comer" that made a complaint to police about my step father when I heard there were 3 girls that had made a complaint about him. His niece was also a late comer as she found out about the complaint too.

We both made complaints because we found strength in the actions of others, enough for us to finally come forward after 18 years of suffering.

Out of the 5 children he faced charges on, the two late comers were the more serious with mine being the worst. By the way, I endured 4 years of violent and sexual abuse.

It is not easy to come forward after an experience like that in a community that wants it kept quiet. Sometimes you need some help.

Comments like yours make me feel really ill.

Last edited by geckoGT; 04-07-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #94
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Pretty sad that this went on for so long, poor victims this cant be undone :(

It effects myself too as my nickname at work is Rolfy(surname is harris)... its hard to stop being called it seeming a lot of the guys have called me that for over 20yrs ... jokes can wear pretty thin after a while :(
Old 04-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #95
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusfan View Post
Talk about scum bags, on the news today after saying that law suits will soon follow there is suddenly a lot more women coming out of the wood
work saying they were also assaulted. HA I think a lot want to get on the band wagon now to get some of his millions without doing the hard yard
court sessions that some went through. get rid of them I say. If they did not have the guts to go to court like the others then too late get lost.
I call them scum bags as well.
Do you always make this same assumption about women who claim sexual assault by footballers too?
All these women will face the scrutiny of court and the ordeal of being labelled as asking for it or just making up stories for money.
More women are coming forward because now they feel empowered and that they will be listened to.
Harris was a very powerful celebrity who got away with what he did for so long because of his stature.
There'll still be some who don't come forward because they feel ashamed or for other reasons.

I hope all his money gets taken and used to compensate victims and others in similar circumstances. His family, like him, don't deserve a pound of it.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #96
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Funny how celebrities seem to get away doing illegal things, be it touching up people, and massive drug habits etc.
Yet so many people know that it was/is goes on, yet they say nothing. Disgusting!
They must share some of the blame for these ongoing crimes by their inaction in remaining silent over the years.
They come out of the woodwork in the media now, to say what went on.
Why didn't they say something before??
Old 04-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #97
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240 View Post
NZ MP has come forward saying she was interviewing Rolf when working in media years ago..
He put his hands between her legs.. She stopped him then and called him a creep ..
I wonder if she has enough credibility for the likes of Focusfan. Or be seen as another 'late comer' after money by people with NFI.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #98
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

filthy business all round.

I wonder when priests and government officials will be brought to the same level of the justice system.

this whole affair just makes me sick.

anybody touches my grand-kiddies and they won't make it to court.

for F###s sake Rolf.......you were supposed to have been one of the "good guy's".

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
4 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #99
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
Funny how celebrities seem to get away doing illegal things, be it touching up people, and massive drug habits etc.
Yet so many people know that it was/is goes on, yet they say nothing. Disgusting!
They must share some of the blame for these ongoing crimes by their inaction in remaining silent over the years.
They come out of the woodwork in the media now, to say what went on.
Why didn't they say something before??
No, I don't think they do actually. I would say its more the unknown ones that creep around for ever unoticed or not brought to justice.

There has been many public people who have been slammed, and rightfully so. Also for a celebrity it would effect them more than any private person .... and again .... rightfully so. It is life ending for them no matter the verdict or the sentence. .... rightfully so.

It would also be very hard for some to come out and admit what has happened in the past. Many wouldn't believe and after a few decide to speak up I am sure the momentum picks up and what seems to be unbelievable becomes believable. Cant blame someone because they couldn't face it after the fact. It would take guts I think.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 04-07-2014 at 09:14 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #100
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT View Post
For a start there are 365 days in a year (366 on a leap year), second the age of consent is 16 and not 18.
Me thinks you need to learn consent laws (remembering each location will have their own laws to abide by).

On consent: It's only 16 in all states other than Tasmania and SA. It's 17 in those states. Additionally, in victoria 12-15 year olds can have sex as long as their partner is not under 12 and there is no more than 2 years difference.
At 16 you're covered, unless the other person is in a care or supervisory role. This has changed. A few years ago having sex with a 16 year old was fine as long as you weren't over 21, or under 14 (see 12-15 year old ruling).

Let's keep in mind though, Rolf's youngest victim was seven or eight
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Old 04-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #101
creative
I am Batman

5 years 9 months...
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
Old 04-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #102
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The reaction isn't very positive about only 5 years and 9 months. I guess the court don't expect him to live very long..
Old 04-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #103
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
5 years 9 months...
Five years and nine months of which he will serve at least half with the second half to be served at home if he is of good behavior.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 AM   #104
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

5 years 9 months for the rock spider, good result.

More charges are likely to be coming so the creep should die in gaol.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 AM   #105
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
Me thinks you need to learn consent laws (remembering each location will have their own laws to abide by).

On consent: It's only 16 in all states other than Tasmania and SA. It's 17 in those states. Additionally, in victoria 12-15 year olds can have sex as long as their partner is not under 12 and there is no more than 2 years difference.
At 16 you're covered, unless the other person is in a care or supervisory role. This has changed. A few years ago having sex with a 16 year old was fine as long as you weren't over 21, or under 14 (see 12-15 year old ruling).

Let's keep in mind though, Rolf's youngest victim was seven or eight
Thanks for that, the offences occurred in the UK where the age of consent is 16.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #106
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Rolf's sentence is now under review as being unduly lenient.

He did not show a nanosecond of remorse, why then should the justice system.

I think this payback from the establishment (subtle payback from from the highest levels). We've all been duped by Rolf, he is being expunged from the history books so to speak, he is likely to rot away in prison.

Many more scumbags on the list, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yewtree and there is RC happening here in Australia. Hopefully our kids wont face these risks and others who suffered will have some closure.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #107
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've hated rolf since those british paints ads
Old 05-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #108
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||| View Post
i've hated rolf since those british paints ads
I didn't even know who he was until he started appearing in the news for this stuff.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #109
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking to a old school mate and he said, remember that grade 7 teacher that would come up to ya and tuck ya shirt in for you if it was not spot on.
It was totaly imbarising and we called him a name that you can't call anyone nowadays for fear of the PC mob coming down on ya like a tonne of bricks and from my point of view and most of my generation and going right back to moses, i thought the Political Correct mob were the biggest backward low life creeps you could think of, with all there sickining gruby dictating point's of views supporting evil weardo demented peoples rights.

In France i thought grabing a woman on the rear was an everyday thing.

And grabing a womans rear was what they liked and i have never had one complain and i have had many woman grope me and all.
And i am not talking about kids hear.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #110
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post

And grabing a womans rear was what they liked and i have never had one complain and i have had many woman grope me and all.
And i am not talking about kids hear.
Depends if you have a head like a busted ***, then you`l be the biggest creep in the club, if you`re good looking its ok, well until her 6`6 Maori boyfriend turns your teeth into rice.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #111
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I'm struggling with is the level of impact on some victims for in some cases what I read was a once off event involving groping. From what I read not violent or aggressive but rather wandering hands, in one case 42yrs ago. Yeah, it's filthy and abhorrent but how did that one event psychologically damage someone to such an extent that it ruined a life. Or did that event become something to tack blame onto. Everyone processes things differently I guess. I guess I'm only standing on the outside looking in and don't fully comprehend how someone can't get past something even as ugly as this. The closest I've come to sexual abuse is on the odd occasion getting my nuts twisted in a rugby tackle. No comparison and I have no perspective. So I guess I have NFI. Stuff like this reminds me how lucky I've been to live the good life I have, and to be compassionate to those who have not been so lucky...
Old 05-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #112
FORRD

JAKE THE PEG------MEET SAMMY THE SEAT-POLE .
Old 05-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #113
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Depends if you have a head like a busted ***, then you`l be the biggest creep in the club, if you`re good looking its ok, well until her 6`6 Maori boyfriend turns your teeth into rice.
Not to many Maori's ever try to have me on, yet some may look big but they are mainly weak as and could not fight to save themselfs.

But i was talking about my self before i was married bro, 20 + years ago and a young man out on the town, what do you think a bloke is out looking for.
Mainly in my bastard of a small town you were looking for two things at night and mainly it was easyer or more common to end up into a fight at the end of a night.
I have had more fights than you have had hot dinners bro and i never went for anyone who was taken but had woman come to me but had to carm them down because there boy friends may of been a friend of mine etc.

Hey ! and when a woman want's a man, a woman want's a man, i have found. you try turning them down. it's a hard job to do i tell ya, without them going off the rocker.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #114
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

I work in the courts and kiddie touchers and rapists are not only segregated but placed in an all together different prison. Speaking to the guards there they are placed in the outskirts of Ararat prison which is low security. Some of them have their own rooms and are free to wander around.

Some also get supervised day release so they can see their parents / friends. They are escorted by 2 plain clothed Prison Guards.

So anyone who thinks that they will even see the inside of a general population prison, and will be bashed by hardened criminals are completely wrong. Even when they are down stairs on trial the pedophiles are kept completely seperate and are not let out with the regulars accused.

Prisons have to provided a duty of care, even though we all wish people like Rolf will suffer.

In reality people like Rolf end up with similar minded people in a seperate low security prison.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
2 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #115
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not to many Maori's ever try to have me on, yet some may look big but they are mainly weak as and could not fight to save themselfs.

But i was talking about my self before i was married bro, 20 + years ago and a young man out on the town, what do you think a bloke is out looking for.
Mainly in my bastard of a small town you were looking for two things at night and mainly it was easyer or more common to end up into a fight at the end of a night.
I have had more fights than you have had hot dinners bro and i never went for anyone who was taken but had woman come to me but had to carm them down because there boy friends may of been a friend of mine etc.

Hey ! and when a woman want's a man, a woman want's a man, i have found. you try turning them down. it's a hard job to do i tell ya, without them going off the rocker.
That’s Neanderthal thinking.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #116
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was agreeing with your first comment. Could be anyone, a 6'0 Canadian backpacker. Just an example of Club mentality when everyone is half cut.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #117
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I've said enough on this forum about how I feel about paedophilia to justify how I personally feel about it. I'll reiterate for the ignorant one's who have not personally experienced it first hand - I seriously doubt many of you commenting have dealt with it.

Those poster's that have stated that 20 - 30 years is too long for someone to come out of the woodwork is too long and are only chasing coin, total ******* bullshit! It takes a lot of guts to accept what has been done to you as a child from people that you are supposed to trust - you feel ashamed for years later. You feel you've got no-one to turn to, you suffer in silence. It's something that you had no control over as you were a kid.

Take a walk in my shoes and see what you reckon. I was only interfered with once when I was 11yo, just after my Dad died. I feared for my life as a lad by these two *********.

Swear filter will probably kick in. I was forced to masturbate with a banana peel, take a ***** in my mouth, and be sodomised - all to the enjoyment of two "men" at 11yo.

Good on those girls for speaking out, and may those who are treated unjustly get justice - no matter what the distance in time. Filth like Rolf that prey on the innocent have no idea of the damage they do to a person.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #118
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT View Post
For a start there are 365 days in a year (366 on a leap year), second the age of consent is 16 and not 18.

Troll much?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #119
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

You would think he had his own forum to sook on wouldn't ya ??
Old 05-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #120
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace View Post
You would think he had his own forum to sook on wouldn't ya ??
burn
Closed Thread