Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Default Legalities of off-street burnouts

I'm not sure if this is in the right section so please move it if it is, but I am after some advise on what you guys think of this..
My mates relatives have built a concrete slab purely for off-street burnouts on private property. It is 20m x 25m. Anyway the local police have now turned against it and sent them a letter saying stop it or we will impound your cars and a few other laws..

It is located on a farm in Victoria, out of town boundaries in a non-residential area. The most direct route to the pad is through 3 paddlocks and have to open 3 seperate gates to get to it, the closest road is a gravel road about 200 meters away from it.

When it was first laid a few months ago, the police said it was a good idea to get everyone off the street as long as there were no drink driving, not at night-time and be generally safe.
The letter pretty much stated that they are aware of the burnout pad it cannot be used for such activities anymore and sent us the offences that will apply that includes

Sections 48 of environmental protection act - Objectionable/unreasonable noise - On the spot fines can be issued for failing to abate residential noise in a residential area of $704

Section 64 of the Road safety act - Manner Dangerous - relates to dangerous driving. This offence is heard and determined at Court and carries a term of imprisonment with a loss of licence

Section 65A of the Road safety act - Improper use of a motor vehicle Police have the power to impound a motor vehicle used in the commission of these offences

Anyway, i was after some advise on what you think about this. The letter is at a solicitors at the moment. But from what we new/were told from solicitors and police before they made the burnout pad that you can do it in private property, the same with paddock bombs ect. And from what it looks like they are road rules, which dont all apply on private property.

Thanks

Last edited by daniel_rossy; 05-08-2013 at 07:27 PM.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post