Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #11491
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Not buying but I got a quote today...FGX G6E 4000cc..$40,110.00, Metallic paint $350, Headlamp covers $118.18. Bonnet protector $118.18. Front and rear mud spats $218.18. 2,300kg towbar kit $1,625.45. Delivery fee $1813.64. Rego $853.25 (QLD) Total : $47,222.74. off that $1501 is stamp duty. and $4078.91 GST!!!!Thank John Howard for this tax impost making cars more expensive than they should be. Thats a fair bit less than my BF Mk 2 Ghia in 2007!!! or have we been gouged all these years??????
Smoke looks dark grey..saw a XR6T in it..not sure on all black interior in our climate ?
Cheers
Old 29-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #11492
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive got a feeling cars got cheaper after the GST came in, as the old wholesale taxes were removed.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #11493
joeyy17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FGX, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparodbuster View Post
Just in...

Motoring.com.au sources have now confirmed Ford does indeed plan to release a more powerful limited-edition version, powered by the same 310kW/565Nm turbo-six from the discontinued FPV F6.
In effect, the high-output XR6 special, which could revive the Falcon's special-edition 'Sprint' nameplate, will be an FG X version of FPV's FGII F6, just as the new XR8 is essentially a Ford Falcon version of the FPV's limited-edition 2012 GT RSPEC.
Apart from firmer RSPEC suspension and beefier Brembo brakes, the hot XR6 is also likely to borrow the XR8's wider 19x9.0-inch rear wheels, potentially giving it the traction to be quicker than the born-again XR8.
Ford makes no official performance claim for the latter, but the $52,490 XR8, which can deliver more than 375kW in overboost mode, should hit 100km/h in about 4.7 seconds.
But given FPV's previous F6 was always around half a second quicker to 100km/h than the V8 GT in standard trim (at about five seconds), we expect the RSPEC XR6T special to be even quicker than the final XR8 – as well as cheaper.
Indeed, apart from its engineering resources being overstretched with work on global models, another reason for the delay in Ford's hottest six-cylinder FG X is to honour what's regarded as Australia's finest homegrown engine via a swansong Falcon limited-edition.

Hope it has a good colour scheme unlike to some the FG rspec red and black. Maybe releasing the specs this early isn't too good if they want to battle holden in the spec race.
Old 29-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #11494
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FGX, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyy17 View Post
Hope it has a good colour scheme unlike to some the FG rspec red and black. Maybe releasing the specs this early isn't too good if they want to battle holden in the spec race.
I can't read all of this, but has anyone said about the new china made 6 speed auto in the normal 6 cyl.
It says it's lighter than the old 6 sp
Is it a rubbish auto ? that does not work as well as the old 6 sp.
Does it have the same ratios.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #11495
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"While there are minimal changes from its predecessor, there are a lot of quirky facts and insights from the development of the last ever Falcon and Territory.

Here are 20 of the best:

The FG X Falcon and SZ MkII Territory were developed on a total budget of $103.5 million. That figure includes co-investment from the Federal and Victorian governments of $34 million. Assuming Ford sells 30,000 Falcon and Territory variants between now and October 2016, when its Broadmeadows plant closes, that will equate to about $3500 a vehicle.

Ford sourced 70 per cent of its FG X Falcon components from Australian suppliers, a small decrease on the FG MkII. The new headlights are sourced from Thailand, while the new taillights are sourced from Taiwan. Previously, both were sourced from Hella in Australia.

Ford built 97 pre-production vehicles for the purpose of the final sign-off of the Falcon and Territory.

The total distance driven by Falcon and Territory pre-production vehicles in the three months prior to launch was 835,846km.

All Falcon and Territory variants are now fitted with Ford's SYNC2 program. The software is capable of accepting more than 10,000 different voice commands, ranging from finding a nearby restaurant to setting the climate control. The voice recognition is designed so that you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

The 4.0-litre six-cylinder engine used in the FG X Falcon is 28 per cent more efficient than that found on the original BA MkII Falcon, thanks to subtle improvements and clever additions including low resistance tyres.

The XR8 Falcon features an overboost function that claims to increase its power by between 10 to 15 per cent. That means on quick bursts the XR8 can produce up to 385kW of power.

The XR8 features staggered tyre widths – split between 8-inch wide tyres on the front and 9-inch wide tyres on the rear.

While Ford doesn't provide an official performance time, sources say the new XR8 can accelerate to 100km/h from rest in about 4.7 seconds. Both manual and automatic variants feature a launch control function to help facilitate quick getaways.

Thanks to subtle improvements to the front bumper design, Ford was able to improve aerodynamic drag by 6.7 per cent on the FG X Falcon, from a 0.312 drag co-efficient to 0.291. That means it's slipperier through the air, helping reduce fuel use.

The FG Falcon features a dual antenna aerial system – one on the roof and one behind the front bumper. The system automatically selects the best reception of the two for enhanced FM radio clarity.

The Falcon again misses out on a two-way automatic one-touch driver's window in FG X, due to budget limitations. The Territory carries over with a one-touch system because its window switchgear is borrowed from the Focus small car.

In the event of a crash in which the airbags are deployed or the fuel pump is shut-off (triggered when a vehicle rolls over), the new Falcon and Territory will dial emergency services and provide a pre-recorded message and GPS coordinates. There is a 10 second delay before the phone call is placed to allow the driver to cancel the call if not required.

The current Falcon endured its worst monthly sales in 54 years in October. Ford sold a paltry 396 Falcon sedans and 186 Falcon utes.

Steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters were never considered for the new XR8 or XR6 Turbo variants. While it is possible to implement them on the Falcon's architecture, it was determined the funds needed to fit the paddles was better spent on the engine and driveline.

Ford developed eight different acoustic profiles in the updated Falcon tailored for each body style and speaker combination.

The FG X is the first ever Falcon to feature automatic windscreen wipers.

Base model Falcons now feature a new HP21 ZF gearbox sourced from China instead of Germany that is claimed to weigh 10kg less than the old unit. XR6 Turbo and XR8 variants carry over with the same HP26 unit.

Every model in the FG X range except the XR8 now receives a plastic tray underneath to improve aerodynamics. The tray was previously only used on the Falcon Ecoboost variant.

The FG X is the only Falcon in history to have three letters in its model designation. The letter X represents historically significant Falcons such as XR, XY and XB models."
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/f...27-11uuh6.html
Old 29-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #11496
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Today I had a drive of the FG XR8 at Sunshine Ford Southport. Like others I was a tad dissapointed with the interior but wifey was imediately struck with the leather, big screen for reversing and daughter loved touch screen. I said WHO CARES what about that donk. AND that NOISE WOW WOW WOW, loved it. As it was Auto and I didnt have time to play more I didnt get any of the crackle on backoff I would have liked but, whatever. The supercharger whine wasnt intrusive at all and I could have stood more of that.
This week I have been thrown a curve ball though. I have placed a deposit on my XR8 but don't want a delivery till May/June and this week vindicated my decision. You see I have an FGXR6T tuned with 277kw and it will tow 2300kg. At my age a caravan is a distinct possibility in about 5 to 6 years and that means the XR8 would have to go. But now Ford have indicated the possibility of a "special" XR6T with 310kw so now by the time I have to stump up for the XR8 I will know for sure about the specs of the T. I was also disapointed when Ford announced they are trying to increase production of XR8 as it had an exclusivity factor. So whereas the choice for me was clear cut towards the XR8, now I am back to square one.
Yes its a first world problem and only time will tell, come on Ford bring it on.
Old 29-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #11497
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
Today I had a drive of the FG XR8 at Sunshine Ford Southport. Like others I was a tad dissapointed with the interior but wifey was imediately struck with the leather, big screen for reversing and daughter loved touch screen. I said WHO CARES what about that donk. AND that NOISE WOW WOW WOW, loved it. As it was Auto and I didnt have time to play more I didnt get any of the crackle on backoff I would have liked but, whatever. The supercharger whine wasnt intrusive at all and I could have stood more of that.
This week I have been thrown a curve ball though. I have placed a deposit on my XR8 but don't want a delivery till May/June and this week vindicated my decision. You see I have an FGXR6T tuned with 277kw and it will tow 2300kg. At my age a caravan is a distinct possibility in about 5 to 6 years and that means the XR8 would have to go. But now Ford have indicated the possibility of a "special" XR6T with 310kw so now by the time I have to stump up for the XR8 I will know for sure about the specs of the T. I was also disapointed when Ford announced they are trying to increase production of XR8 as it had an exclusivity factor. So whereas the choice for me was clear cut towards the XR8, now I am back to square one.
Yes its a first world problem and only time will tell, come on Ford bring it on.
I wold recommend buying the 8, and 5-6 years from now reassess your options on towing a van, you may look at a ranger or the likes by then.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #11498
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
I would recommend buying the 8, and 5-6 years from now reassess your options on towing a van, you may look at a ranger or the likes by then.
Yes but I would have more leway with the T, time to sell etc. Although the T isn't as good to tow as a Ranger the fact remains it can tow but the 8 can't tow a decent sized van.
Old 29-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #11499
nstg8a

Checked out my first fgx today, simple xr6 c/c because their xr8 got hammered in Thursdays big storm.

Everyone says photos do fgx no justice, and while I agree to an extent, I'm still not a fan. Certain angles it looks good, but others it looks ungainly.

I know it's an unquantifiable statement, but compared to fg1/2 it just looks less like a falcon.

I like the interior, small changes make a decent difference. Steering wheel still sucks though.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #11500
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Not buying but I got a quote today...FGX G6E 4000cc..$40,110.00, Metallic paint $350, Headlamp covers $118.18. Bonnet protector $118.18. Front and rear mud spats $218.18. 2,300kg towbar kit $1,625.45. Delivery fee $1813.64. Rego $853.25 (QLD) Total : $47,222.74. off that $1501 is stamp duty. and $4078.91 GST!!!!Thank John Howard for this tax impost making cars more expensive than they should be. Thats a fair bit less than my BF Mk 2 Ghia in 2007!!! or have we been gouged all these years??????
Smoke looks dark grey..saw a XR6T in it..not sure on all black interior in our climate ?
Cheers
what? gst? thats a shock! when did that come in?
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #11501
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
Yes but I would have more leway with the T, time to sell etc. Although the T isn't as good to tow as a Ranger the fact remains it can tow but the 8 can't tow a decent sized van.
Why would you get rid of the xr8, pay it out in 5 years and then look at what will tow your van then, keep the xr8 until they start making cars in aus again.
Old 29-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #11502
Last Aussie
Starter Motor

I've just orded my fgx xr8 in black,manual gearbox,looking on the ford brosure it says the drivers seat gets 8 way power seat,went back to the dealer today the xr8 they had in the show room had only manual seat not electric,does any one know if the xr8 in ment
to have the 8 way seats or not
Last Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #11503
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Aussie View Post
I've just orded my fgx xr8 in black,manual gearbox,looking on the ford brosure it says the drivers seat gets 8 way power seat,went back to the dealer today the xr8 they had in the show room had only manual seat not electric,does any one know if the xr8 in ment
The brochure that you can download from Ford says that the XR8 gets the 8 way power adjustable seats, just like the G6ET - which I can confirm are there.

That said, the G6ET that I have ordered doesn't have alloy peddle covers, and the brochure says it should. I will be pressing the dealer on that.
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
(1977 TE Cortina, 2001 AUII XR6, 2004 BAI XR8 Ute, 2005 BAII Typhoon, 2008 FG F6, 2015 FG-X XR6 Ute, 2006 SY Territory Turbo Ghia...it just used too much fuel)
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #11504
LASTXR

Double post
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #11505
LASTXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Aussie View Post
No 8 way power seat in any XR
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #11506
Last Aussie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
The brochure that you can download from Ford says that the XR8 gets the 8 way power adjustable seats, just like the G6ET - which I can confirm are there.

That said, the G6ET that I have ordered doesn't have alloy peddle covers, and the brochure says it should. I will be pressing the dealer on that.
The car in the show room today had no power seat,I moved the seat,ford must have stuffed up
Last Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #11507
Tbm1121

Quote:

It's just a printing error, just like in the specs the wheels are incorrectly aligned. It's not a dealer issue it's a fomoco issue, contact ford customer relations about your issue as your dealer cannot address it.
Old 29-11-2014, 09:49 PM   #11508
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
It's just a printing error, just like in the specs the wheels are incorrectly aligned. It's not a dealer issue it's a fomoco issue, contact ford customer relations about your issue as your dealer cannot address it.
That's a shame, I want the alloy peddle covers, perhaps we can come to some arrangement...
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
(1977 TE Cortina, 2001 AUII XR6, 2004 BAI XR8 Ute, 2005 BAII Typhoon, 2008 FG F6, 2015 FG-X XR6 Ute, 2006 SY Territory Turbo Ghia...it just used too much fuel)
Old 29-11-2014, 10:18 PM   #11509
Tbm1121

Quote:
That's a shame, I want the alloy peddle covers, perhaps we can come to some arrangement...
Your dealer should be able to arrange it, but at a cost to you.

the fgx brochure wasn't ready for release, there is a tonne of technical errors in it
Old 29-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #11510
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:

The arrangement will be they fit them and you pay. Works for everyone.
Trying to press the dealer because the brochure says do is a waste of time. Brochures always say that specs may change at any time without notice.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #11511
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
"While there are minimal changes from its predecessor, there are a lot of quirky facts and insights from the development of the last ever Falcon and Territory.

Here are 20 of the best:

The FG X Falcon and SZ MkII Territory were developed on a total budget of $103.5 million. That figure includes co-investment from the Federal and Victorian governments of $34 million. Assuming Ford sells 30,000 Falcon and Territory variants between now and October 2016, when its Broadmeadows plant closes, that will equate to about $3500 a vehicle.

Ford sourced 70 per cent of its FG X Falcon components from Australian suppliers, a small decrease on the FG MkII. The new headlights are sourced from Thailand, while the new taillights are sourced from Taiwan. Previously, both were sourced from Hella in Australia.

Ford built 97 pre-production vehicles for the purpose of the final sign-off of the Falcon and Territory.

The total distance driven by Falcon and Territory pre-production vehicles in the three months prior to launch was 835,846km.

All Falcon and Territory variants are now fitted with Ford's SYNC2 program. The software is capable of accepting more than 10,000 different voice commands, ranging from finding a nearby restaurant to setting the climate control. The voice recognition is designed so that you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

The 4.0-litre six-cylinder engine used in the FG X Falcon is 28 per cent more efficient than that found on the original BA MkII Falcon, thanks to subtle improvements and clever additions including low resistance tyres.

The XR8 Falcon features an overboost function that claims to increase its power by between 10 to 15 per cent. That means on quick bursts the XR8 can produce up to 385kW of power.

The XR8 features staggered tyre widths – split between 8-inch wide tyres on the front and 9-inch wide tyres on the rear.

While Ford doesn't provide an official performance time, sources say the new XR8 can accelerate to 100km/h from rest in about 4.7 seconds. Both manual and automatic variants feature a launch control function to help facilitate quick getaways.

Thanks to subtle improvements to the front bumper design, Ford was able to improve aerodynamic drag by 6.7 per cent on the FG X Falcon, from a 0.312 drag co-efficient to 0.291. That means it's slipperier through the air, helping reduce fuel use.

The FG Falcon features a dual antenna aerial system – one on the roof and one behind the front bumper. The system automatically selects the best reception of the two for enhanced FM radio clarity.

The Falcon again misses out on a two-way automatic one-touch driver's window in FG X, due to budget limitations. The Territory carries over with a one-touch system because its window switchgear is borrowed from the Focus small car.

In the event of a crash in which the airbags are deployed or the fuel pump is shut-off (triggered when a vehicle rolls over), the new Falcon and Territory will dial emergency services and provide a pre-recorded message and GPS coordinates. There is a 10 second delay before the phone call is placed to allow the driver to cancel the call if not required.

The current Falcon endured its worst monthly sales in 54 years in October. Ford sold a paltry 396 Falcon sedans and 186 Falcon utes.

Steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters were never considered for the new XR8 or XR6 Turbo variants. While it is possible to implement them on the Falcon's architecture, it was determined the funds needed to fit the paddles was better spent on the engine and driveline.

Ford developed eight different acoustic profiles in the updated Falcon tailored for each body style and speaker combination.

The FG X is the first ever Falcon to feature automatic windscreen wipers.

Base model Falcons now feature a new HP21 ZF gearbox sourced from China instead of Germany that is claimed to weigh 10kg less than the old unit. XR6 Turbo and XR8 variants carry over with the same HP26 unit.

Every model in the FG X range except the XR8 now receives a plastic tray underneath to improve aerodynamics. The tray was previously only used on the Falcon Ecoboost variant.

The FG X is the only Falcon in history to have three letters in its model designation. The letter X represents historically significant Falcons such as XR, XY and XB models."
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/f...27-11uuh6.html
Ford development team>>

Look boys we have plenty of time and over 100 million to get the new FG-X to a world class car. So lets stick it to the holden boys with their new VF.

But for now lets hit the pub and start brain storming some good ideas.

Shti, its been 6 months , has anyone come up with anything.

First guy. really, I developed a computer you can talk to, stole it mostly from the yanks but the punters will love it.

Second guy. While I was in the USA I took a few shots of the new mustang front end so I just copied that. Boss says Sweet..

Third guy says , hey boss, just got the bar tab and we have blown over 80 million..

Bugger, give me a minute.

I got it. The V8 will be the hot seller, lets just fit all the left overs we have from FPV. Blower , brembos. Punters will be so exited about the power they wont even notice the rest. Just use the same old interior, bung on the copied from end and the head honchos will love it.

Now whos got the credit card........

And stop winging its right in some respects.

And even though I dont like the look of the car I am still going to buy an XR8. Just gotta have the last aus ford.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #11512
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
Ford development team>>

Look boys we have plenty of time and over 100 million to get the new FG-X to a world class car. So lets stick it to the holden boys with their new VF.

But for now lets hit the pub and start brain storming some good ideas.

Shti, its been 6 months , has anyone come up with anything.

First guy. really, I developed a computer you can talk to, stole it mostly from the yanks but the punters will love it.

Second guy. While I was in the USA I took a few shots of the new mustang front end so I just copied that. Boss says Sweet..

Third guy says , hey boss, just got the bar tab and we have blown over 80 million..

Bugger, give me a minute.

I got it. The V8 will be the hot seller, lets just fit all the left overs we have from FPV. Blower , brembos. Punters will be so exited about the power they wont even notice the rest. Just use the same old interior, bung on the copied from end and the head honchos will love it.

Now whos got the credit card........

And stop winging its right in some respects.

And even though I dont like the look of the car I am still going to buy an XR8. Just gotta have the last aus ford.

Honestly I don't think ford USA care if it sells, they just want it in the market to get us to adjust to the new front end the rest of them will have. That's what they care about.
Old 29-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #11513
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No proof reader at Ford print works ? First it has a V6 now 8 way elec seat but doesn't!!
Old 30-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #11514
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
The arrangement will be they fit them and you pay. Works for everyone.
Trying to press the dealer because the brochure says do is a waste of time. Brochures always say that specs may change at any time without notice.
That's the conclusion I'd arrived at as well; I'll ask...and I'll pay for them. The car is a heap cheaper than the outgoing model, and better in a number of substantial ways. So few shekels for peddle covers isn't a problem.
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
Old 30-11-2014, 12:38 AM   #11515
Tbm1121

Quote:
That's the conclusion I'd arrived at as well; I'll ask...and I'll pay for them. The car is a heap cheaper than the outgoing model, and better in a number of substantial ways. So few shekels for peddle covers isn't a problem.

Not Having shiny covers isn't going to ruin your purchase, same as electric seating isn't ruining the xr8 experience, it is what it is. They did the same on the pursuit and said it had sensors, it happens. The people in marketing and it do the brochures, but have no idea about the cars, so they wouldn't even know they have it wrong
Old 30-11-2014, 12:53 AM   #11516
FGX008

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
Definitely the best colour in FG X range
Great picc's. In humble opinion I think smoke is definitely the choice of all the colours and yes it reconfirms my decision to go with this colour.

FGX008 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2014, 02:10 AM   #11517
Windsor220
Now Fordless

100 mil isnt very much really.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #11518
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the rumours are true the XR6 XR8 fight off in 2016 is going to be any falcon fanatics heaven!

Too think by end of production we could have a very understated 310kw vs 335kw both sporting R-Spec running gear!

If this happens all I can say is well done Ford Aust in sending the falcon out with the bang it deserves. Not to mention a great looking car.

Can't wait for my FGX XR8 come mid next year!!

If the XR6T R-Spec is a 2016 build gonna be interesting to see if an auto is offered.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2014, 02:56 AM   #11519
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gonna be good to be a Ford man when that bigger chev holdens putting in the the Top shelf SS still gets flogged by both the XR6 and XR8.

The VF's tech is irrelevant to the falcon.
1. Blind spot only works if the car is behind you which no XR will be.
2. Self parking has no point if there's already a falcon parked there cause u couldn't keep up.
3. Instead of watching HUD watch the tail of the FGX disappear into never never.
4. God my paddles shifters would be good fitted to that falcon.

Just sayin
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #11520
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
100 mil isnt very much really.
Exactly. It's chicken feed for what they had to achieve.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post