Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #61
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I don't mine it if done in fun.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #62
Fairmont I6
sideways

I like the rivalry, but what would everyone think of adding a new manufacturer to V8 supercars? say toyota, would it ruin it or make it more interesting?
Old 12-10-2006, 01:23 AM   #63
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont I6
I like the rivalry, but what would everyone think of adding a new manufacturer to V8 supercars? say toyota, would it ruin it or make it more interesting?
more interesting but it would be better if it was crysler
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #64
red_hotxr6
Banned

What is wrong with still having the ford vs holden rivalry and having a few others in the mix.I wouldnt mind seeing how a jag would go in there, from G.B or amustang from the U.S.A.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #65
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I first came to Oz in 1986 and was exposed to this "Ford vs Holden" nonsense I was completely bemused and reading through this thread I still am, Aussie Muscle Cars?.....where?........to my knowledge both Ford and GM are predominantly American owned companies,......as for the "V8 Supercars".....what a boring load of excrement that is, the concept had a couple of good years when international cars were introduced into the mix, Cosworth Sierra's, Nissan GTR's, Jaguar XJS's, Dodge Viper's etc........until they were thrown out again for.....well, lets face it.......showing up the substandard locally manufactured products, aka Falcon, Commodore......since then it's back to the boring old format of old.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #66
angelwithinvisiblewings
Very happy BA XR8 owner

My eyes are blue and oval shaped but that doesn't mean I don't like to hear the roar of a lion. I can appreciate a good looking car no matter what.

Let the debate roll on I like doing it to **** my sister, but why not just let it be good cars versus w..kers who pimp their cars with bits of sticky tape and body kits that don't fit right...plus that god awful doosh doosh coming out their windows with a subwoofer that just distorts sound rather than makes it sound good.

Let the rumble be heard!!!!!!! Hate the player not the game. hehehe
angelwithinvisiblewings is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #67
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no. It's the type of rivalry that *can* be healthy. Same applies with state of origin or even jsut the local kids footy. I get sick of it when it is totally blind - then I go to the same extreme. I'll be agaisnt hoons and twits whatever they drive.I think many of us secretly realise (shhh, don't tell anyone) that there isn't that much between the makes. When it comes to V8 Supercars we know that the resemblance to the actual road car is really only cosmetic.
Now, I'l never admit to making this post and subsequently it will self-destruct.

FORDS RULE!!!!! (but Holdens are ok)
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #68
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_R
no. It's the type of rivalry that *can* be healthy. Same applies with state of origin or even jsut the local kids footy. I get sick of it when it is totally blind - then I go to the same extreme. I'll be agaisnt hoons and twits whatever they drive.I think many of us secretly realise (shhh, don't tell anyone) that there isn't that much between the makes. When it comes to V8 Supercars we know that the resemblance to the actual road car is really only cosmetic.
Now, I'l never admit to making this post and subsequently it will self-destruct.

FORDS RULE!!!!! (but Holdens are ok)
Well you are 1/2 right FORDS RULE, holdens suck, period. :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post