Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #61
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
I'm curious as to the truth in this. (not accusing Ringo, just his source)
For us interstate folk, who's Noel Ashby? If he's a 'Shock Jock' dont believe it.
How did they catch him. Mobile camera... By the time the law has stopped, turned around and given chase the ute would be long gone.
Fixed camera... fine in the mail and headlines on most papers.
And how many people who own a car capable of going that quick would let anyone else drive it?
Noel Ashby is a Commisioner (?) or similarly high up hob knob in Victoria Police.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #62
Disco1986

stupid kids glad i was never one!
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:17 PM   #63
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
Noel Ashby is a Commisioner (?) or similarly high up hob knob in Victoria Police.
AARRGGHH! thats worse. They tell more lies than Radio Shock Jocks
Old 09-09-2006, 03:44 AM   #64
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
I thought they had an electronic speed limiter which cut in at 180 ??
it says in my ba mk11 owners manual, all sedans except the xr6 turbo and xr8 are speed limited to 200km/h. all wagons are limited to 180km/h. the xr6 turbo and xr8 are speed limited to 230km/h.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 04:00 AM   #65
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

did he crash ... no!!!!!! /.. So who cares... THere are alot of drivers who stick to the speed limit and are CRAP drivers with next to no skill and they kill people 2 prob more than the dicks that sit on the double ton . AS long as its in decent open road.. and the only people at risk is the driver go for it..its a hell rush watching that needle sit on the dash and the cars still pulling. There aint much we can get away with any more where controled in every thing we do as it is now.. i say stuff em.... wind it out
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 04:02 AM   #66
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

my BA xr6 was limited to 200, not sure about the BF. all you need is a tune though to disable the limiter.. so it could have been anything.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:05 AM   #67
trashed
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
All (factory) Falcons are resticted.

XL,XLS and XR6 are limited to 180km/h - due to their cheap, mile long tailshaft,
XR6 Turbo and XR8 are limited to 230km/h
FPV Utes are limited to 250km/h

Turbo, XR8 and FPV Utes have a two piece tailshaft.

:
Hope it wasnt a xr6 turbo or xr8 he only had 10 more kms till he hit limiter stupid cops should of just let him get there they always ruin a good time. :
trashed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:10 AM   #68
FORDEBV8
E-Series

Quote:
Nicely put Mr Bullpit

Bugger....

memo to self... read ALL the posts before replying

is that of kingswood country? cos that show is funny as THE KINGSWOOD YOUR NOT TAKEING THE KINGSWOOD I JUST MISDASHEND THE ROOF RACKS
Old 09-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #69
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Just heard on the radio then that another teenager, an 18 y.o this time, was busted in Morwell. They didn't say anything about what car they were driving but they were picked up doing 167kph in an 80 zone.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:29 AM   #70
HOON69
Banned

i find this thread quite amusing:

we have the younger more energetic adrenalin pumping youngsters sitting on the fence
saying its no big deal

then we have the grumpy professional members affiliated with clubs forums etc sticking it to the speedster

we've all have gone over the limit one time or another just some dont wanna admit it
if only i released my video tape to prove my point that some snr members do hoon ;)
i can name dozen or so on ffau whom frequently hoon (wont name em though)
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:41 AM   #71
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
i find this thread quite amusing:

snip

we've all have gone over the limit one time or another just some dont wanna admit it
if only i released my video tape to prove my point that some snr members do hoon ;)
i can name dozen or so on ffau whom frequently hoon (wont name em though)
A term comes to mind, "it's only illegal if you get caught". j/k.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:43 AM   #72
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
A term comes to mind, "it's only illegal if you get caught". j/k.
tis true tis very true
:
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:44 AM   #73
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVETAR
I know for a fact that you guys used to get away with alot more back then. I know for a fact that there was organised street drags, and people still doing stupid speeds in the old falcs aswell. THe only thing now is that most of us 'young kids' have speed limiters........
What you say is true in a way, we would get out on the saturday night , find some vacant road and drag, but back then most kids drove cars that would not pull the skin of custard ( yes a few had hot cars, but you were dedicated and had the $ / passion, and while you saved your $ for this the kids usually got a few years driving under thier belt. ) these days you you walk into a show room get credit and drive away in a beast. was not quite like that back then. you were tough if you had a 4 cyl torana with chrome snap on wheel trims.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #74
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
What you say is true in a way, we would get out on the saturday night , find some vacant road and drag, but back then most kids drove cars that would not pull the skin of custard ( yes a few had hot cars, but you were dedicated and had the $ / passion, and while you saved your $ for this the kids usually got a few years driving under thier belt. ) these days you you walk into a show room get credit and drive away in a beast. was not quite like that back then. you were tough if you had a 4 cyl torana with chrome snap on wheel trims.

That mite go for quite a few of the youngsters around here, but there are some of us that have been driving since way berfore we got our licence and unlike the lucky ones, we fund everything we do to our car off our own backs. I was working my butt off from the age of 14 and 9 months, saving flat out to afford my car and what iv done to it. I dont think you respect something as much when it doesnt come out of your own pocket.

Its true that there are alot of underskilled drivers in overpowered vehicles........Thats what scares me.... THe worst part is.. i know some of them.
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #75
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That mite go for quite a few of the youngsters around here, but there are some of us that have been driving since way berfore we got our licence and unlike the lucky ones, we fund everything we do to our car off our own backs. I was working my butt off from the age of 14 and 9 months, saving flat out to afford my car and what iv done to it. I dont think you respect something as much when it doesnt come out of your own pocket.

Its true that there are alot of underskilled drivers in overpowered vehicles........Thats what scares me.... THe worst part is.. i know some of them.
I agree and respect what you say, yes the people like you do as we did in the old days and was more stating most of the rabbits on the road are the ones who just dial up a fast car, which was not common back then and is more common these days with easy access to these cars.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #76
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

There is nothing wrong with getting credit to pay for your car and just because you do doesn't mean you don't respect it as much. As long as you are the one paying it off.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:11 AM   #77
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with getting credit to pay for your car and just because you do doesn't mean you don't respect it as much. As long as you are the one paying it off.
Sorry... yea thats sort of what i ment.... just the parent funded cars....
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

Old 09-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #78
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
my BA xr6 was limited to 200, not sure about the BF. all you need is a tune though to disable the limiter.. so it could have been anything.
BF XR8 & FPV 8's etc are limted to 260, not sure about the 6's though.
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 09:35 AM   #79
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Sorry... yea thats sort of what i ment.... just the parent funded cars....
That is a problem, how are the kids ever going to learn the value of a dollar.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #80
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
That is a problem, how are the kids ever going to learn the value of a dollar.
Exactly man... exactly.

Old 09-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #81
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when i was younger i started of in a gemini built it up inc v8 conversion

then i built up a 400 chev twin turbo both those cars went real quick

never got a fine while on my ps but got a few after

also i built the cars of my own back

i just think that those sort of speeds should be left to the track

my 2 cents worth

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #82
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDEBV8
is that of kingswood country? cos that show is funny as THE KINGSWOOD YOUR NOT TAKEING THE KINGSWOOD I JUST MISDASHEND THE ROOF RACKS
Thats the one. 'cept I'm one of the old pharts who saw the first series on the box... "I've got to go and put new carpet in the carport for the Kingswood"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
we have the younger more energetic adrenalin pumping youngsters sitting on the fencesaying its no big deal

then we have the grumpy professional members affiliated with clubs forums etc sticking it to the speedster

Hmm... well, I'm way past the 'younger more energetic' type. But I dont fit into the 'grumpy professional' type either.

I just know that if I dont break at least 5 laws a day I wouldn't be fullfilling my duty as an Interstate Truck Driver
Old 09-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #83
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
I just know that if I dont break at least 5 laws a day I wouldn't be fullfilling my duty as an Interstate Truck Driver

Bwahahahaha

Old 09-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #84
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Thats the one. 'cept I'm one of the old pharts who saw the first series on the box... "I've got to go and put new carpet in the carport for the Kingswood"

Hmm... well, I'm way past the 'younger more energetic' type. But I dont fit into the 'grumpy professional' type either.

You truckies are all the same, most of you break at least 5 laws just coming in the driveway where I work.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #85
LTDHO
The one and only

I don't think the kid should be finded or have any points taken off him.

I do think he needs his knee caps smashed with a sledge hammer. I would do it myself. WTF was he thinking, life is not a PS2 game.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #86
BAFalconXT
Sold...

There is as many P platers on the road that drive like grannies as there are hoons. And to all those old people that dont have the co-ordination left to drive the speed limit in perfect weather, get off the f*****g road!
Old 09-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #87
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFalconXT
There is as many P platers on the road that drive like grannies as there are hoons. And to all those old people that dont have the co-ordination left to drive the speed limit in perfect weather, get off the f*****g road!
damn right! young lads might take off enthusiastically and brake hard and do the odd skid, but at least the indicate and stay in a straight line and do the speed limits, so other people can know what they're doing
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #88
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFalcs
damn right! young lads might take off enthusiastically and brake hard and do the odd skid, but at least the indicate and stay in a straight line and do the speed limits, so other people can know what they're doing
Oh so true......... And nothing p**ses me off more that some one travelling 30-40ks below the speed limit..... Talk about a nusience on the road...

Old 09-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #89
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Oh so true......... And nothing p**ses me off more that some one travelling 30-40ks below the speed limit..... Talk about a nusience on the road...
Especially when they are in the right hand lane on a freeway, and then they abuse you for "overtaking" up the inside lane because that means that you are a hoon.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #90
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
Especially when they are in the right hand lane on a freeway, and then they abuse you for "overtaking" up the inside lane because that means that you are a hoon.
Oh hell yea.....!!!