Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #61
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: people flying into round abouts, youtube example

Quote:
also possible to turn left form the right lane in the other direction...

or with signs like this http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...6&ppuser=24537 (Farrington Road and Murdoch Drive Murdoch).
Old 07-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #62
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Agree.

Try telling that to all the morons on the Norwest Blvd/Lexington Drv roundabout beside Woolworths HQ. Probably up to 25% of them bend the rules every morning to try to get a few cars ahead. Every 30 seconds to a minute there's a near miss from a left-laner, or there's 2 clowns trying to exit into a single lane road (Lexington Dr) because the outside one has defied the rules, and they block the north-east bound traffic while they honk it out.

Funny how there's a marked improvement in the traffic flow when a cop on a bike parks up on the Resmed corner to observe the roundabout. All of a sudden it works again - well as best as it can with the "prioritised" flow effect generated by all the right turn traffic.

When people follow the rules (ie, when a cop is there) it flows much better - that's why they implement rules.

But you can't educate people with self-entitlement issues.....
You wouldnt believe what I saw was just around the corner in Victoria st where the car dealers are, those 3 round abouts through the 50km stretch. Up near the hillsong/shell servo gets pretty out of control some days.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2016, 07:45 AM   #63
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know the area well. I figured you'd know Norwest Blvd. Out of control is most days!
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #64
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
well to be be completely honest stefan, when i saw it i had some empathy for the girl, imo driving into the drive door is much more serious that a rear ender, it could have killer her. and the lack of action on the cam drivers part was quite amazing.

yeah, Sydney is a big rat race, thank god i,m far from it.
Without entering into the stupid argument that one state is better than another, I have been driving for over 30 years whilst living in qld,nsw,vic&wa. I currently live in sydney & can honestly say it is the worst city for aggressive & impatient drivers by a long shot. Before you ask, I'm from tasmania. Wife & I are moving to blue mountains soon, will be nice to have sane roads again.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: