Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #61
dannyxm
was danny888

Default Re: Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker Killed in Car Accident.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=399_1385876750

At what stage does one thing 'OMFG im going over to help'

Rather than 'Hey ill video tape it ... wait a bit then put it online'

and these idiots:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...#slide=2953821

Parasites
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #62
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny351 View Post

and these idiots:

Parasites
youre tripping if you think there was anything that could be done at that moment

all the same, not a nice vid
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #63
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Downshift aus. Will be holding a cruise from the Gold Coast to Hamilton, Brisbane on the 15th December, with all donations going to Paul's charity if you wish to attend this contact me or downshift aus for more info, I'll miss Paul walker as much as you guys he should've lived a long and great life witch was cut short, I wish his family friends and fans my condolences RIP Paul Walker.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #64
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man View Post
I think old mate from jackass was in a Carrera GT when he died too??
996 gt3
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #65
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
youre tripping if you think there was anything that could be done at that moment

all the same, not a nice vid
No, there was nothing that could be done.
Sad to see the religious mad mob getting press. Ignore them.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #66
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awful lot of talk about that car...most road reports in magazines and various TV shows all say one thing: they're a difficult model for even an expert driver to control properly. For instance on Top Gear, The Stig had heaps of trouble controlling it, and many other test drivers have said the thing is basically dangerous.

There is such a thing as too much power...

I saw a news report earlier tonight that said the police have now made a statement that they "weren't racing" at the time of the accident, and the reports of a "fluid trail" is interesting.
Some people asked how it could be so totally destroyed in the accident like that...no real surprise, especially in something that's built of tissue paper and weighs little more than an empty box of cigarettes.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #67
nstg8a

Yeah when your shopping for a carrera gt I don't think safety features are at the forefront of your mind... Could be a bit of pr nightmare for Porsche if it does turn out to be a mechanical failure.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #68
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Yeah when your shopping for a carrera gt I don't think safety features are at the forefront of your mind... Could be a bit of pr nightmare for Porsche if it does turn out to be a mechanical failure.
Exactly...and another factor is that these supercars are normally sold to doddering old businessmen who toddle off down the trendy coffee shop on a saturday morning to pose, and barely get the tacho even halfway to the red zone. They aren't very safe, and they aren't exactly "solid"...in fact some are happily described as "a bit fragile".
Now, hand such a car to a younger driver, someone who is a pro and has no problems actually using such a car in the way it was intended...and put them on a normal bumpy road with plenty of roadside furniture to hit if something goes a little wrong...there's no kitty litter run off areas on a suburban street...

I saw an Ariel Atom in the USA in fairly heavy traffic...and I couldn't help but wonder what would happen to him if he was involved in a normal everyday relatively minor traffic shunt such as happens a dozen times a day in a big city...

If you take everything into consideration and be brutally honest with yourself, you'll admit that some supercars just shouldn't be used away from the controlled environment of a racetrack...
Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #69
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny351 View Post

and these idiots:

Parasites
Unless they were driving around in a firetruck or a watercart nothing could have been done. All getting closer would have done is put their lives at risk. Its not like they could walk into a fire burning like that and pull them out.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #70
wookie836
Highway wanderer

http://thelibertydigest.com/2013/12/...r-paul-walker/
wookie836 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #71
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back to the man himself, from all reports Walker was a good and decent bloke, very down to earth, who always loved to mix with the fans and wasn't up himself at all...and when you consider all the pretentious, stuck up, stupendous knobtards in the acting world, it's a damn shame to lose someone like him.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #72
335POWER
formerly Troy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Back to the man himself, from all reports Walker was a good and decent bloke, very down to earth, who always loved to mix with the fans and wasn't up himself at all...and when you consider all the pretentious, stuck up, stupendous knobtards in the acting world, it's a damn shame to lose someone like him.
It's always the good people the world loses too early.

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
335POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #73
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The exotic sports car in which Paul Walker violently died, crashed as a result of mechanical failure -- very possibly a steering fluid leak ... this according to sources closely tied to the auto shop where the vehicle was stored and maintained.

Sources connected to Always Evolving -- the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas -- tell TMZ they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.

The AE sources point to the fact there is a noticeable absence of skid marks until just before the point of impact. They say if Roger had lost control the skid marks would show swerving, but instead the marks were in a straight line. They feel this cements the theory the driver didn't have steering control.

Also suspicious -- the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is ... but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launchWe're told the $500,000 Carrera GT was NOT modified and was driven rarely so they believe any failure must be a factory defect.

As one source put it ... "Roger was a world class driver" -- and while he might have been speeding (as cops have said) ... the notion he just lost control is preposterous.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/02/paul-w...#ixzz2mTA920o2
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #74
Mr G8
Maximum Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
The exotic sports car in which Paul Walker violently died, crashed as a result of mechanical failure -- very possibly a steering fluid leak ... this according to sources closely tied to the auto shop where the vehicle was stored and maintained.

Sources connected to Always Evolving -- the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas -- tell TMZ they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.

The AE sources point to the fact there is a noticeable absence of skid marks until just before the point of impact. They say if Roger had lost control the skid marks would show swerving, but instead the marks were in a straight line. They feel this cements the theory the driver didn't have steering control.

Also suspicious -- the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is ... but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launchWe're told the $500,000 Carrera GT was NOT modified and was driven rarely so they believe any failure must be a factory defect.

As one source put it ... "Roger was a world class driver" -- and while he might have been speeding (as cops have said) ... the notion he just lost control is preposterous.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/02/paul-w...#ixzz2mTA920o2

Mmmmm, now see that makes a bit more sense. Because if you think about it, a world class driver like him, should (under the conditions of the day) been able to avoid that collision. And the fact the WHOLE car burned seemed a bit odd

2008 FG XT 6 Speed
18's, Tint, ZF Conversion, LED Conversion, Exhaust.
Mr G8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #75
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had an underbonnet fire once in a car from a power steering leak. It was our VK Calais...driving along, had a "hot metal" smell come through the vents and we wondered what was going on. We pulled over as white smoke started to come out from under the bonnet. and the steering got heavy. I got the extinguisher and carefully opened the bonnet a little, but there was just white smoke...I wrongly assumed it was merely something like a fluid leak on a hot exhaust. As I lifted the bonnet slowly, WHOOMPH, up it went. Luckily it was only like a flash of flame and then settled down to a small easily put out fire, but it loosened my floon valve, I can tell you.

In modern cars, a small fluid or fuel leak can be catastrophic and cause a huge blaze. Fuel for one...in an EFI system, you are dealing with ten times the pressure of the old days with carbies, so even a small leak or rupture will fill the area with a fog of fuel vapour. I would even hazard a guess that compared to old cars, modern cars (even with airbags and more safety stuff) can be more dangerous in some crashes than old cars because of this.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #76
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting report on TMZ at the moment showing reports on the Porsche they were driving. They said back in 2004 there was a warning went out to Porsche dealers about the car, with a long list of warnings about "this is as close to a race car we have made" and that you have to be very aware of speed bumps, small objects on the road (the example they gave was something the size of a can of drink lying on it's side would hit something), potholes, etc, as even going over a small object on the road can damage the underside of it. There was also a ban on "ordinary" workers driving them, and anyone driving it at the dealership had to be specially trained and aware of all the problems. The quote actually said the road surface needed to be "almost perfect" and also that it had all the "shortcomings of a racing car".

I hate to say it, but no idea why such obvious track day cars that shouldn't even wear a licence plate are allowed on the road in the first place. These two guys were experts too...imagine how many cars like this are on the streets in the hands of rich businessmen who wouldn't know the first thing about how to handle them, apart from writing the cheque to purchase it?

Last edited by 2011G6E; 04-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #77
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow!! the internertz is full of sooo much knowledge today!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #78
ab_futura

I can't be bothered doing the maths but I imagine there are a lot of people on this forum with a similar power to weight ratio in their family sedan. Falcon brakes, suspension, tyres, etc. don't compare in the slightest and there's not many professional race drivers among us.

I'm not really making a point but I'm putting the thought out there.
ab_futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #79
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_futura View Post
I can't be bothered doing the maths but I imagine there are a lot of people on this forum with a similar power to weight ratio in their family sedan. Falcon brakes, suspension, tyres, etc. don't compare in the slightest and there's not many professional race drivers among us.

I'm not really making a point but I'm putting the thought out there.
if youve been in a few crap movies internertz sobbers will ignore anyone else killed in a crash
Old 04-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #80
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
No, there was nothing that could be done.
Sad to see the religious mad mob getting press. Ignore them.
They might call themselves a "church" or "religious" but those two words don't belong to a hate group. That said, it's hard to take those guys seriously.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #81
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Peter Brock was a world class driver too. No-one is immune to accidents, no matter how good or professional you are. Accidents happen.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #82
XW-BAXR6T

^^ more like when your time is up, its up no matter how good of a driver you are.

Nick.
XW-BAXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #83
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the UK media is reporting the car was doing 100mph. IF this is the case, and considering it was a public road, then that is the price you pay for being a moron.
DJR David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #84
XR27
Tickford XR8
Donating Member1

I thought that if you lost steering fluid you would still have steering, it would just be heavy(no power steering)???
XR27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #85
Hell Cat

The crashhappened not far from where the car was displayed at the event they just left, wouldn't there be a puddle of fluid on the spot where the car was parked that would've been noticed?
Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #86
wookie836
Highway wanderer

now his dirty laundry is being aired
http://www.thegloss.com/2013/12/02/s...chard-gosnell/
wookie836 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #87
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie836 View Post
now his dirty laundry is being aired
http://www.thegloss.com/2013/12/02/s...chard-gosnell/
Some people just can't help themselves.

Rich

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #88
XR27
Tickford XR8
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Cat View Post
The crashhappened not far from where the car was displayed at the event they just left, wouldn't there be a puddle of fluid on the spot where the car was parked that would've been noticed?
I think I read they were on there way back to the event after taking the car for a spin, they had been gone for 20 min or so.
XR27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #89
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR27 View Post
I think I read they were on there way back to the event after taking the car for a spin, they had been gone for 20 min or so.
Yeah, the accident was not far from the event, but they were on their way back.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #90
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

goodluck to him banging underage girls.. he aint banging em anymore..