Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #61
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford targets Customer Service

I think this is a move in the right direction. I've always had my cars serviced by the selling dealer and I'm fortunate that geographically this is easy for me to do but also fortunate in that I've been quite satisfied with the job done. The way that I see it is that this will give me more reason for sticking with them. The last 3 Fords have been from Sinclair Ford and I've honestly only had a couple of things to pick on but the response from the Service guys there is first class.

I did have a Nissan Maxima for a while back in 2000, bought new from Randwick Nissan. After about 9 months there was a very bad shudder from the front under brakes, especially when coming off the M4 at 110 to the Northern Road which is 70. They told me when I left the car in for a service that discs are not covered under warranty and I would probably have to pay for machining. They called me later that morning to say the Service Manager had taken it for a drive and after speaking with Nissan decided to skim all 4 discs under warranty. We ended up buying another car from them but since around 2003 don't live in that area anymore.

From my point of view it's the dealer who can either make or break it for the buyer; a good dealer will be proactive to keep the love going.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #62
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinead Phipps View Post
Hi folks, this article has obviously generated some interest amongst you all. We're definitely not at the stage of saying we've solved every issue - but we've spent a lot of time over the last few months with a cross-functional group working full time on deep diving into all of the issues. Improving this side of the business is going to take time but we're working on it and we have the commitment of our dealers to work on it with us.

In relation to the Dipped in Blue program, we did run a media event called DIB but, in this context, it refers to an extensive training program for our service managers and technicians that our FCSD team has been running. It's basically intended to immerse them in all things Ford and the way we like to do things. It's been a really successful program so far - so much so that we stole the name for our PR event a few months ago.
Hi,

Are you able to explain the 7 year servicing further?

I can't find any info online.

Many thanks,
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #63
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Hi folks, this article has obviously generated some interest amongst you all. We're definitely not at the stage of saying we've solved every issue - but we've spent a lot of time over the last few months with a cross-functional group working full time on deep diving into all of the issues. Improving this side of the business is going to take time but we're working on it and we have the commitment of our dealers to work on it with us.

In relation to the Dipped in Blue program, we did run a media event called DIB but, in this context, it refers to an extensive training program for our service managers and technicians that our FCSD team has been running. It's basically intended to immerse them in all things Ford and the way we like to do things. It's been a really successful program so far - so much so that we stole the name for our PR event a few months ago.
Hi Sinead is Ford management investing some time with your Customer Relations Centre?? Are these people still a 3rd party contractor or are they internal Ford employees?? Their lack of care and consideration is beyond belief, something I believe could be easily fixed by further training and perhaps by employing people with some technical ability. They show no passion for the Ford motor company at all. 2 people I spoke to at Ford CRC last week treated me pretty poorly, and basically laughed at me when I told them the issue I was having was well known and that even the dealer had acknowledged they are replacing these particular parts daily.

So in this case the dealer was willing to help me but Ford CRC turned their back on me. I am happy to keep using the dealer but I have told them I wont be buying another Ford once the current 2 are due for replacement.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #64
Drizz06
XR50th

Sounds like great news to me! I'm lucky enough to have a fantastic dealer not far from me and they do a good job looking after me and my family.
Got a new monthly E newsletter service from them today which was good.
Had some historic photos of the dealership ( Courtney and Patterson) and a bunch of oldskool air con adverts and even some discount coupons for getting the A/c serviced!

I'm glad ford are finally looking after there biggest asset!!!!
Runabout- 1997 XH longreach in white.
Project- 1976 ZH fairlane 500
Drizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #65
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Hi Sinead is Ford management investing some time with your Customer Relations Centre?? Are these people still a 3rd party contractor or are they internal Ford employees?? Their lack of care and consideration is beyond belief, something I believe could be easily fixed by further training and perhaps by employing people with some technical ability. They show no passion for the Ford motor company at all.
I'd also like to know what the plans are for Ford CRC - their current attitude and customer 'service' is abhorrent. Considering this is one of the first points of contact outside a dealership I can't imagine how many customers Ford has lost due to CRC's incompetence and sheer arrogance.

I'd suggest a massive shakeup: the calls are supposedly recorded so firing the insensitive, incompetent people who don't care should be pretty easy.

Or is Ford's solution to simply ignore this issue?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #66
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to agree with the above.

My one phone call to CRC saw me misdirected to various dealerships when I should have been transferred internally.

product knowledge was very poor.

Anyways, not wanting to turn this into a Ford bashing thread - my decision to buy this month rests fairly heavily on finding out more on this 7 year service thing.

TIA

Usernametaken
Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #67
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm so glad i've got both a reliable Falcon and a good Dealer/servicer
Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #68
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:

Well done, this is a very big and costly step forward, and as you know won't see any financial benefit for at least 5 years. Hopefully you can bring the brand slightly up market and improve the overall experience, which is hard to do if the both Fords and dealer margins are low. Keep pushing the quality over quantity aspect, I beleive this is the only way to go forward , to remain viable in Australia.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #69
Drizz06
XR50th

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
I have to agree with the above.

My one phone call to CRC saw me misdirected to various dealerships when I should have been transferred internally.

product knowledge was very poor.

Anyways, not wanting to turn this into a Ford bashing thread - my decision to buy this month rests fairly heavily on finding out more on this 7 year service thing.

TIA

Usernametaken
I believe the 7 yr service thing is just the ford capped price servicing plan which offers capped price service cost for the first 7 yrs on new vehicles.
Runabout- 1997 XH longreach in white.
Project- 1976 ZH fairlane 500
Drizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #70
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
Yeah I'm the same. Although I have come across a couple of bum dealers, that was mainly from the sales side of things.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #71
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
Me too. All my concerns have been addressed with no fuss at all.

And all the dealing I've had with the CRC have been fine too.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #72
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford CRC is broken, so no deep dive required. Fix and replace. In its current form it simply doesn't work.

More interesting is Sinead's comments on the dealers being on board with this, which I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, those who are genuinely trying to improve their franchises and the brand is good. On the other, the only genuine way to improve Ford customer service in some dealers cases, is simply to shut them down and readvertise the franchise. Nothing else would come close to fixing the entrenched attitudes and poor reputation in the community of some.

Unfortunately I simply dont believe you can genuinely have all dealers on board with an initiative to improve customer service, because getting rid of some of the worst is a requirement to achieve any success.

I will wait with interest to see if this is spin, or a genuine move in the right direction. I suspect many other ex Ford customers will too.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #73
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
Me too. All my concerns have been addressed with no fuss at all.

And all the dealing I've had with the CRC have been fine too.
Same here. From little things right up to the amazing vibrating 3rd gear in a T3650 every time I have had interaction with CRC for a fault it has been positive.

In saying this I was enquiring in 2008 as to whether there would be a F6-E available in parallel to the GT-E and was told unequivocally NO. So I spent $70k on another brand of vehicle only to find out not long afterwards that there was a F6-E released.

This was in complete contradiction to 2002 when I asked about a high end GT (subsequently called GT-P) and was told there would be something available next year. I waited until 2003 and bought one rather than one the other vehicles I was looking.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #74
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was in Tropical Ford this arvo and they still have 50th anniversary models on the lot !!!
G6E is $42k...I would have thoughtthey would have all sold ,by now ???
Old 13-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #75
Sinead Phipps

The CRC is one aspect of the consumer experience we're working on. One of our main goals is to empower the dealers to be the 'hero' so that we minimise customers having to come to the CRC in the first place. Ideally, most issues would be fixed at the dealer level. As I said before, this is a journey we're on and we're not going to be able to improve everything all at once, but we're working on it.

And yes, the 7-year servicing program refers to our Capped Price Servicing.
Sinead Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #76
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The CRC is one aspect of the consumer experience we're working on. One of our main goals is to empower the dealers to be the 'hero' so that we minimise customers having to come to the CRC in the first place. Ideally, most issues would be fixed at the dealer level. As I said before, this is a journey we're on and we're not going to be able to improve everything all at once, but we're working on it.

And yes, the 7-year servicing program refers to our Capped Price Servicing.
Sinead, Ford need to look at the cost of the Capped Price servicing in comparison to Hyundai, Toyota etc...Ford pricing is too high...
Old 13-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #77
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd rather pay $300 and KNOW i'm paying $300, then get sweaty palms everytime I go and pick up my car...

CPS is better for my heart. ;)
Old 13-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #78
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
I was in Tropical Ford this arvo and they still have 50th anniversary models on the lot !!!
G6E is $42k...I would have thoughtthey would have all sold ,by now ???
What has this got to do with Ford CRC?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #79
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Sinead, Ford need to look at the cost of the Capped Price servicing in comparison to Hyundai, Toyota etc...Ford pricing is too high...
I was quoted in the $400s for a 60K service on a WS Fiesta from Sinclair Ford. I had heard how expensive they were but had to hear it for myself.

It cost $157 all up at my local mechanic: with full syn oil, filters and plugs supplied by myself (paid for 45 mins labor, cos thats what it takes a competent mechanic, not the 2 hrs Ford try and stiff you for) that's what happens when you go to the same bloke for over a decade.

Obviously Ford can't make it that low, but somewhere in the $200s would be realistic.

And Ford need to bring their warranty into the 21st century: match Hyundai and Kias 5 yr unlimited instead of 3yrs 100K... Huge difference, and one the main reasons people sight for buying the Korean cars...

And Sinead, CRC doesn't need to be "worked on": it needs to be scrapped today and rebuilt from the ground up tomorrow unless Ford is happy for those lovely people to cost Ford more sales by the day..
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #80
XWGT