Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Panic Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl
Lexapro is the 3rd med i was put on before it worked and had little side effects. The first so called solution might not always be the one that suits you best.

I think zoloft was the first, but it stopped me arriving at the end with the missus....the 2nd, cymbalta, gave me the squirts for a month till I told the psychiatrist to get stuffed and stopped taking them. I had to be on nothing for week before I could switch to the lexapro-that was murder, but worth it in the end.

are you off the Lexapro now? or do you need to stay on it the rest of your life?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
are you off the Lexapro now? or do you need to stay on it the rest of your life?
I will be on it for life.

I can tell when i forget it-get angry fast, plus my ability to read actually slows down, then stops. Thats my best warning sign to go to a quiet palce with no stimulation.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
I will be on it for life.

I can tell when i forget it-get angry fast, plus my ability to read actually slows down, then stops. Thats my best warning sign to go to a quiet palce with no stimulation.
Do you find that it makes you drowsy? i've been on it before, with no real issues, but my Doctor is insisting I take it in the morning, but I can't seem to make it through the day without falling asleep at my desk/in a lecture/at the kitchen sink.
I don't want to mess around with the time of it too much, as I like you know when I've missed a dose, and I realise pretty quickly.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lexapro is the 3rd med i was put on before it worked and had little side effects. The first so called solution might not always be the one that suits you best.

I think zoloft was the first, but it stopped me arriving at the end with the missus....the 2nd, cymbalta, gave me the squirts for a month till I told the psychiatrist to get stuffed and stopped taking them. I had to be on nothing for week before I could switch to the lexapro-that was murder, but worth it in the end.
I was prescribed cymbalta first and refused to take it after finding out its the worst AD for your liver, i got back to the gp today, lets see if shes more ****ed off
Old 21-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe_xr6
I was prescribed cymbalta first and refused to take it after finding out its the worst AD for your liver, i got back to the gp today, lets see if shes more ****ed off
Its also the worst for withdrawal symptoms. Was told this after I had to go through it.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Falcman0o7
Banned

Gee guys very sorry to hear about some of the problems that you's have had not to mention the tragic pasts.
I'm doing better now but and have not had a panic attack for some time around a year. I don't mind crowds, it's when i'm alone i tend to get them. I think knowing people are near is like a comfort blanket. ( if something happens to me help is near basically ) Anxitiy is my problem now. The feeling something bad is going to happen! HATE IT! Hearts boom boom boom just waiting for something bad :( The thing that really annoys me and sets off the anxitiy is the feeling of my heart skipping a beat or 2 followed by a THUD.
then i get pins and needles and freak out. Panic attacks and the fluttering heart are MIND problems and are not dangerous. The mind is a VERY powerful tool and can effect your body functions.
hence- stress- heart attacks ect
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't wanna start a separate thread about it but I thought i'd just chime in with some -side advice since it seems to be a common factor in panic attacks. Don't try that new fake weed (Kronic etc) stuff. It's not going to help you stop smoking real bud or stop the panic attacks. Apparently its 100x stronger and more addictive than heroin - I have no idea about those claims. Only what i've been told by those who'd tried it.

I met someone a week ago who'd smoked the stuff that night just to try it. They were a casual choofer but hadn't tried this stuff and as most people who do, were curious.

She had a small amount of the stuff at home by herself and it sent her off into what you guys would probably say was a panic attack. She couldn't convince herself of moving but knew she wanted to move. Couldn't convince herself of where she was even though she knew she was at home, finally convinced herself to go to bed to close it all out and go to sleep but when she made it to bed couldn't convince herself she'd made it to bed. Couldn't stop moving, erratic, uncomfortable etc. Nothing like that had happened to her on the normal stuff ever before.

She was given it by a couple of her friends who bought it and didn't like it. She's a big girl and can make her own decisions, she wasn't pushed into it and she knew that they didn't like the stuff. She decided to try it and won't touch it ever again. I'm not writing this with a bias towards anything or condoning etc.. Just a warning to those who might..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
I don't wanna start a separate thread about it but I thought i'd just chime in with some -side advice since it seems to be a common factor in panic attacks. Don't try that new fake weed (Kronic etc) stuff. It's not going to help you stop smoking real bud or stop the panic attacks. Apparently its 100x stronger and more addictive than heroin - I have no idea about those claims. Only what i've been told by those who'd tried it.

I met someone a week ago who'd smoked the stuff that night just to try it. They were a casual choofer but hadn't tried this stuff and as most people who do, were curious.

She had a small amount of the stuff at home by herself and it sent her off into what you guys would probably say was a panic attack. She couldn't convince herself of moving but knew she wanted to move. Couldn't convince herself of where she was even though she knew she was at home, finally convinced herself to go to bed to close it all out and go to sleep but when she made it to bed couldn't convince herself she'd made it to bed. Couldn't stop moving, erratic, uncomfortable etc. Nothing like that had happened to her on the normal stuff ever before.

She was given it by a couple of her friends who bought it and didn't like it. She's a big girl and can make her own decisions, she wasn't pushed into it and she knew that they didn't like the stuff. She decided to try it and won't touch it ever again. I'm not writing this with a bias towards anything or condoning etc.. Just a warning to those who might..

I was watching this last night, what a crock eh, obvisouly we arent aloud anything, im suprised alcohol isnt banned ! I dont do drugs myself but a few of my mates have had that natural weed and they were fine.
Old 16-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The other half is going through a rough time at the moment which has meant I've copped the brunt of her worries.

This has taken it's toll and I'm slowly slipping back into waves of the beginnings of a panic attack, however nothing full blown as of yet. Hopefully some R&R will fix that

I just try deep breathing, thinking about things I'm looking forward to, what I am grateful for in my life and reminding myself that my thoughts are not my physical reality.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that fake weed contains a synthetic which effects the same receptors as cannabis but not in the same way and it may even do permenant damage to these receptors. Imagine coffee being illegal but being able to buy from shops decafe laced with speed, it would be very similar to this reality.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #11
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow! I've had these panic attcks since I was 12 (seems a magic age for the onset of social anxiety and the like, probably due to the fear of high school) and I'm now 31 and still suffer the occasional moment. Although they occur strictly when surrounded by a big crowd and really no other time. Used to be every single time I entered a shopping centre or jumped on a train or something, but gradually and thankfully these are becoming more rare.

The racing heart rate, the inability to swallow and the feeling or violent nausea hit me and I just go blank, can't really concentrate on anything except getting the hell out of where I am.

This thread is great because it's easy for those with these disorders to feel they are alone or unique or even strange. This thread has highlighted the actual numbers of people who are in the same boat. Aand if any of you are like me, you're surrounded by people who simply DON'T GET IT. People need to feel a panic attack or depression to know, and if not, they just cruise thru life thinking these disorders are some sort of petty thing that can be switched off like a light.

Again, great thread idea. Dunno who started it but thanks

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #12
burnz
VFII SS UTE

very insightfull fellas, my wife get this in shopping centres very recently in last 6 months.

but i never under stood why, so their is medication!!

it's hard for me to understand maybe just a little. (clueless)
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #13
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there is no specific medication for panic attacks. There's a broad range or meds for all types or customers with all the various disorders. Problem is, for the average GP, prescribing the right one to the right patient is like lining up a Rubiks Cube. Eg, one particular med that has helped me no end (Zoloft) is totally counter-productive and almost harmful to my younger brother.

It's a bit of a suck 'n' see but yes, there are medications to help those who will benefit from them

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
Old 20-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #14
burnz
VFII SS UTE

was there an "event" in your life??

i don't think there was for my wife, just trying to grasp it.
it was so sudden, heart race, sweaty, just want's to leave (shops)..oddly she doesn't like being alone either..

all this in the last 6 months and we are both middle aged, so i cant see her growing out of this.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #15
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz

it was so sudden, heart race, sweaty, just want's to leave (shops)..oddly she doesn't like being alone either..

all this in the last 6 months and we are both middle aged, so i cant see her growing out of this.
I dunno if there was a single 'event' Burnz. A childhood with a very volatile old man with heavy drinking tendancies plus primary school bullying possibly accumulated over the years. The first panic attack I remember was in 1992, I was in an old Pizza Hut and a heap of boys who always bullied me were on the other side of the room deliberately eating so much with the aim of throwing up on their table. It was initially a feeling of nausea once one of them finally popped and made a hell of a mess, then the confrontation as adult Pizza Hut staff tried to remove 11 year old boys from the room without success, the whole feeling of a situation that is out of control.

Being 12 and only weeks away from a daunting new world of going to a high school that was a known haven for delinquent kids from all over the district, including my pizza hut friends, plus having an old man who'd throw a fit of rage if I ever cried much less admitted to panic attacks, this whole thing went untreated til I was about 16, by then, the feeling of panic was so engrained into my thought process that almost anything could trigger it. Into my 20's starting work, driving, gaining independence etc has helped no end. I think this is because I'm now obviously in control of every factor of my life (except that I can't afford a new GT) where as growing up, just about everyone around me was able to dominate and control, that's part of being a kid, you ain't the boss of your life, teachers, parents and bigger kids are.

As for your wife, you say she won't grow out of it.. to that I say with only a 6 month history of problems and with the right help, she won't have a chance to grow into it! If I can turn it all around after a decade, anything's possible

ps: a crowded situation of drunk people is the last thing I'm yet to conquer. It represents the only remaining 'out of control' in my life

Old 21-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz

For me personally, there was no one specific event that's triggered off my anxiety and depression. One month I'll be totally fine and cruising through life, the next I'll be struggling to get out of bed. Over the years, both me and my sister have been dealt a few nasty blows tragedy wise, and that hasn't helped. Neither of us can handle crowds very well, and that comes and goes. For me, stress increases the issue, so now that i'm working part time, working casual and studying final year engineering full time, plus everything else on the side, stress is pretty much a daily thing in my life, so i've had to go on AD meds till at least graduation.

vibe_xr6: I was on zoloft, so have both my mum and sister, none of us could handle it, it made the issue worse. We've all found lexapro as an AD, and Xanax as an anti-anxiety help (mum and I are/have been on lexapro succesfully and my sister is on xanax). While we still have our days, highs and lows, its a lot more stable, and its not nearly as extreme. I occassionally get a bit of jaw tightness, but thats moreso psychological, as I expect that from any AD med. My housemate was on zoloft for the past year, if he forgot his meds for a day, he'd get real snarky, and then he'd forget the next day and so on, until he was almost psychotic, was rather scary to be honest, and difficult to make him see reason to be able to get him to take his meds again. Thankfully he's off them now, and self managing.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #17
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've always been anxious, but my last six months haven't been good...

One day at work I had this awful feeling of dread. Stomach was uncomfortable, was slightly dizzy and occasionally seeing stars...

But eventually went away...

But earlier this year and mostly at night, I'll get into bed and all of a sudden my head focuses purely on my heart and its rate. Problem is that more you worry, the faster the heart gets.
As the heart gets faster, you're worried you're going to die of a heart attack (and sometimes it feels like you will)...the first time, I had 2-3 panic climaxes in an hour and was considering getting up and asking the folks to drive me to hospital as I actually thought my heart was packing in...

But as I have had more, I realise that nothing has ever happened.

My last peak was some time ago, though several nights ago I think I averted another one.

I basically try to reassure myself that nothing is wrong, and it's my ******* mind trying to **** me about. Sorry about the language, but that is what it seems like. Once I reassure myself, I tend to even out...

Keep in mind, I don't smoke, drink excessively or do drugs, thought I do consider my extended family to be insane (Mum's side in actual fact)...

Now I have a constant tightness in my chest and throat, and I am sure that is due to tightness in my back etc. due to tension.

I play tennis and I have no problem breathing or maintaining fitness. I have hard my heart checked and my pressure only very slightly high, but that may also have been because I was nervous (I hate blood pressure machines)...

My biggest problem is my pulse. I check it all the time to make sure my heart is beating at a normal rate...but not as much as before. There was a time I would count 10 seconds and count how many heartbeats.

RIght now, I have the tightness in the throat and upper chest and I've had it for a bit...

I have noticed though that if I don't think about it, I don't even notice it and I feel fine...

I probably only really recognised my 'condition' a few months ago, but I sort of feel I'm in more control than before...

Well, it's been great sharing and certainly helpful for me. I hope others can gain at least one thing from what I've written, even if it is disjointed

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
Grobbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death

One day at work I had this awful feeling of dread. Stomach was uncomfortable, was slightly dizzy and occasionally seeing stars...

But earlier this year and mostly at night, I'll get into bed and all of a sudden my head focuses purely on my heart and its rate. Problem is that more you worry, the faster the heart gets.
As the heart gets faster, you're worried you're going to die of a heart attack (and sometimes it feels like you will)...the first time, I had 2-3 panic climaxes in an hour and was considering getting up and asking the folks to drive me to hospital as I actually thought my heart was packing in...

My last peak was some time ago, though several nights ago I think I averted another one.

I basically try to reassure myself that nothing is wrong, and it's my ******* mind trying to **** me about. Sorry about the language, but that is what it seems like. Once I reassure myself, I tend to even out...

Keep in mind, I don't smoke, drink excessively or do drugs, thought I do consider my extended family to be insane (Mum's side in actual fact)...

Now I have a constant tightness in my chest and throat, and I am sure that is due to tightness in my back etc. due to tension.

I play tennis and I have no problem breathing or maintaining fitness. I have hard my heart checked and my pressure only very slightly high, but that may also have been because I was nervous (I hate blood pressure machines)...

My biggest problem is my pulse. I check it all the time to make sure my heart is beating at a normal rate...but not as much as before. There was a time I would count 10 seconds and count how many heartbeats.

RIght now, I have the tightness in the throat and upper chest and I've had it for a bit...

I have noticed though that if I don't think about it, I don't even notice it and I feel fine...

I probably only really recognised my 'condition' a few months ago, but I sort of feel I'm in more control than before...

Well, it's been great sharing and certainly helpful for me. I hope others can gain at least one thing from what I've written, even if it is disjointed
You're describing a pretty classic panic disorder. It's a vicious cycle. The more you focus on your heart, the harder it beats, the more adrelanine in your system, the more scared you get, the more you focus on it... etc etc...

You can fix a panic or Anxiety disorder and you don't have to take medication.
A decent Clinical Phychologist would use Cognative Behavioural Therapy and for something at that level, it could fixed, or at least dramatically improved within half a dozen sessions.

The first step for anyone suffering from Anxiety or Panic is thier GP, you can get up to 12 sessions with a Clinical Phychologist on Medicare using something called a Mental Health Care plan.

There's really no point walking around feeling like this! You can get it fixed for free! And the sooner you start working on it, the less ingrained your behaviour, the easier it is to fix...

There's nothing wrong with going to a Phychologist, if you've been suffering with Anxiety for a while you'll come out of your first session bouncing off the walls - you'll be so stoked that there's relief on the horizon...
Grobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #19
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbo
You can fix a panic or Anxiety disorder and you don't have to take medication.

The first step for anyone suffering from Anxiety or Panic is thier GP, you can get up to 12 sessions with a Clinical Phychologist on Medicare using something called a Mental Health Care plan.
A mental health care plan will cover 10 sessions and depending on the severity, further consults.

Medication assists to treat symptoms of the disorder, assisting the individual to work on the biological and cognitive thought process of the panic disorder without having to work on the whole situation at once.

Many idividuals suffering anxiety are also coupled with the onset of depression and or other mood disorders.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #20
Grobbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
A mental health care plan will cover 10 sessions and depending on the severity, further consults.

Medication assists to treat symptoms of the disorder, assisting the individual to work on the biological and cognitive thought process of the panic disorder without having to work on the whole situation at once.

Many idividuals suffering anxiety are also coupled with the onset of depression and or other mood disorders.
Yeah of course, but for an individual who may be considering seeking help for the first time, you wouldn't want them thinking medication was the only answer.

For those that don't know, you will only get medication from a Phychiatrist or a GP, a Phychologist only does behavioural type therapy.
Grobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #21
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
If I hadn't adressed my anxiety disorder I would certainly be suffering from depression now as that is where my condition was heading.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #22
stang65
FPRJET

Quote "Uranium Death"

Exactly what I`m going through bp went 200/115 doctor sent me to emergency a year ago (needless to say I thought I was a goner, my cardiologist when I first met him just joked and said don`t tell me the doctor told you could die Make matters worst it was Christmas so it took a month to get an appointment with the cardiologist.constant tightness in chest. My first blood pressure reading is 150/100 my final after 3 tries generally is 120/80 if I get my breathing right.

Last edited by stang65; 03-06-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: wrong quote
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 05:31 AM   #23
seduced_xr
BF XR6

ive had them since i was little. very rarely i get them now, but when i do. where ever i am i pick my keys up and go straight home.
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #24
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive been on zoloft for 6 days now, and i have stopped taking them, they were causing my jaw to clench, my right hand side pupil was huge and my left tiny, nausea, shortness in breath. Any other good AD's out there
Old 20-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #25
Dr Jekkyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe_xr6
Ive been on zoloft for 6 days now, and i have stopped taking them, they were causing my jaw to clench, my right hand side pupil was huge and my left tiny, nausea, shortness in breath. Any other good AD's out there
Uh.......thats not good, esp the pupils. Out of curiosity I had a look on a major medical database and found only 2 articles. There does however appear to be quite a bit of anecdotal support for the unequal pupils in people using Zoloft.

Pupil dilation is recognised as a side-effect of serotonergic agents. I find it very strange however that a centrally-acting agent would affect only one eye. It may be a result of a drug interaction. Do you use other medications?

I'd be going to your GP jumping up and down for answers, and if they can't provide it have them refer you to someone who can! There are many causes of unequal pupil dilatation and i would be ensuring that the most serious causes were excluded before assuming that it is due to Zoloft, at least directly.
Dr Jekkyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #26
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

I've been battling an anxiety disorder for several years. Paroxetine has assisted me to overcome random panic attacks but I am far from where I would like to be. Anxiety disorders seem to be a growing problem.
Old 20-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #27
Dr Jekkyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Anxiety disorders seem to be a growing problem.
As recognition of these disorders increases so too does their prevalence. I think though that they are also on the rise.
Dr Jekkyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #28
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekkyl
As recognition of these disorders increases so too does their prevalence. I think though that they are also on the rise.
Good call. Great point, one that i have discussed on a few occassions at work. Mental health as a term gets thrown around a lot today and is often imbued with a media scewing influence. However, i too believe that this has resulted in a more informed population thus a realisation in individuals that what they often experience is not healthy and consequent GP visitis.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #29
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Smile Re: Panic Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
I've been battling an anxiety disorder for several years. Paroxetine has assisted me to overcome random panic attacks but I am far from where I would like to be. Anxiety disorders seem to be a growing problem.
Yep,same here mate.Im on the max dose of 60mg a day and are far from where I want to be,been on them for 7 years now myself.

Like has been said,its good to see people openly dealing with it because you will never conquer it if you dont.

This illness requires things to be good around and within ones self all the time to have a chance of it fading away,the glass has to be always half full.

VibeXR6,give the medication 2 weeks for your body to addapt/accept to,it just may be the case.Hope it is anyway.My Aropax took 3 0r so weeks for me to feel right and now must take withing 1hr of a set time everyday or crap feelings arrise.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #30
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Yep,same here mate.Im on the max dose of 60mg a day and are far from where I want to be,been on them for 7 years now myself.

Like has been said,its good to see people openly dealing with it because you will never conquer it if you dont.

This illness requires things to be good around and within ones self all the time to have a chance of it fading away,the glass has to be always half full.

VibeXR6,give the medication 2 weeks for your body to addapt/accept to,it just may be the case.Hope it is anyway.My Aropax took 3 0r so weeks for me to feel right and now must take withing 1hr of a set time everyday or crap feelings arrise.
I am on 20mg.