Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #61
Fordmuscle1965

That I spose seems a lot for this car but its now 2008! People bought this previous H.S.V. model for 1996 for over 75K back then. Wouldn't this seem comparible price wise to now.

http://www.carsales.com.au/car-research/details.aspx?__N=4294965530+281&Cr=0&__Ntt=gts/r&seot=20&__D=gts/r&__Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&__Ntk=CarAll&Make=HSV &__Nne=20&silo=1005&R=cs19960401.11:52:23&keywords =gts/r&__Dx=mode+matchany&__sid=11620ADF3BDD&__Ns=pCar_ YearMade_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_S tring|0&trecs=1

I think its pretty easy to tell what would seem to be better value.

Sorry about the address link!
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

04 Territory, 20's, Black, Bling
94 NC Barge, Dumped, 17's
93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
86 XF Wagon, Bull Bar, Raised, Salt Lake cruiser!
82 XE Sedan, Dumped, 15's
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Zephyr, Tubbed, 289, Simmons
65 Mustang LT Project
Fordmuscle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #62
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The price is representative of the extremely low volume build of a car that is significantly higher in performance than its donor sibling.
It costs an enormous amount of money to R+D and test components to meet ADR's and achieve warranty at an elevated performance level.
These costs must be amortised over the model life, someone has to pay for it.
You can't have your cake and eat it too, if FPV did a GTHO it would cost about the same.. if you want companies like HSV and FPV to build these kinds of vehicles for the uniquely Australian large performance sedan market then you're going to have to accept they're going to be expensive....

If not, you can allways go and aftermarket "rice up" a GTS or GT.... if that floats your boat.
Of course it's true, but similar amounts of folding gets you something significantly better than this car.
Bad Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #63
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
$168,000 for a car with the same build quality as a $35000 commo. Gotta be an idiot.
Holdens own IQ test. If you buy one you make a donkey look smart. C63 AMG, M3, GTR, even a Ferrari 355, 04 Carrera................ or a hsv? Those other cars you get more than a fancy engine (if you could even call it that)
Oh you are mean.
Old 13-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #64
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

M3, C63 AMG, GTR, ect ect.

$168,000 for a Commodore bah!

Surely only collectors would be interested.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #65
gozza

Why can't people spend their own money the way they want too - Obviously to buy this car you would have to have plenty of money and be a very big Holden fan -

Pretty simple -
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #66
Need_a_V8

It only takes one out of every 2000 people to say yes i'll have one and this car is a success.

To sell these to the Australian population is not hard when they only need to sell 200.
Need_a_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #67
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_a_V8
It only takes one out of every 2000 people to say yes i'll have one and this car is a success.

To sell these to the Australian population is not hard when they only need to sell 200.
Um.. the Australian population is a bit bigger than 400,000 people...!
More like 1 in 100,000 people....
But I do get you point though!

Yes like it or not the car is selling, and like it or not there will be enough people who will see "value" in its purchase price.
Its the ultimate Aussie CUB (cashed up bogan) vehicle.

Old 13-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #68
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
There is allot more differences between this car and a GTS, i promise you.
LCT is a factor in price don't forget, but say it cost just $10 mill to fund research, (don't forget wages), develop, tool up, manufacture and promote this vehicle.. that's $50,000 per vehicle to amortise if they build 200, then ad the cost of the low run stronger and better bits... it ads up very quickly..
From what i've read its the 7 litre motor, dry sump tank and lines, TR6060, shot peened diff gears and new clutch, new wheels, new tune in the MRC suspension, bigger brakes, new bodykit, red leather interior, new exhaust and OTR intake. Thats pretty much it. There's not 80 grands worth.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #69
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
CSV don't offer full warranty and the LS7 they built was a "one off" not forsale....
All you need to do is drop of your E series HSV and they will fit the LS7 for you for around 35 grand. The one in Wheels was not a one off, they will do it for anyone who has the cash.
Old 13-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #70
prydey
Rob

this could be good news for ford fans in a round about way. now that holden have actually built their fans a 'hero' car, it may well spur ford on to do the same.

whether they resurrect the gtho nameplate (i would rather it got left alone myself) or call it somethng new, this is a great opportunity for ford to give their cashed up fans something to buy.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #71
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSex
If I was stupidly rich (Bill Gates rich) I would buy one.

Then I could put on my best Ford shirt, douse it in kero and set it on fire...whilst a mate taped the whole thing and uploaded it to youtube.

The car may not be worth that much, but the reactions on Holden fan boys would be.
Done ...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #72
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
From what i've read its the 7 litre motor, dry sump tank and lines, TR6060, shot peened diff gears and new clutch, new wheels, new tune in the MRC suspension, bigger brakes, new bodykit, red leather interior, new exhaust and OTR intake. Thats pretty much it. There's not 80 grands worth.
What about the development and R+D amortisation costs??? Ad that to the costs of the parts and its easy to see where $80K went....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
All you need to do is drop of your E series HSV and they will fit the LS7 for you for around 35 grand. The one in Wheels was not a one off, they will do it for anyone who has the cash.
And nobody will give it a second look because its just another aftermarket modified vehicle with no warranty, no pedigree, suspect durability and no design synergy....

Old 13-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #73
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

for 150-odd-grand (to waste on a commy : ), i'ld get one of these...

..in black, and take it to CSV for a LS7, an i'ld have somthing more unique and less ugly, wont have a bogan HSV tag. Or just not an overall confused Audi look-a-like. :ticking:

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #74
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked

..in black, and take it to CSV for a LS7, an i'ld have somthing more unique and less ugly, wont have a bogan HSV tag. Or just not an overall confused Audi look-a-like. :ticking:
In an attempt to make the rear flares look as big as the front ones HDT made them look bigger. The problem was they made the back ones too big, so in turn they made the front ones bigger to suit the rear ones. But they still look too small imo.
Only if Brocky was still around, he'd rip them off and replace them with the new flares moulded from a new process which uses molecule polarisation in the technique.
Old 14-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #75
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who the hell would even think about adding flares onto flares? thats one look that should have stayed in the 80's, the old VC or whatever it is brock model isnt too bad with the classic look but to adopt it onto a VE makes the idea look stupid
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #76
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:

Oh my god what the hell is that?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #77
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Man thats hiddeous. That looks needs to stay in the 80's.
Old 14-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #78
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Dear god my eyes....!

Old 14-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #79
KenLee
supercarclub.com.au

Didnt someone here compared the front of the W427 to walrus' face?
KenLee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #80
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
who the hell would even think about adding flares onto flares? thats one look that should have stayed in the 80's, the old VC or whatever it is brock model isnt too bad with the classic look but to adopt it onto a VE makes the idea look stupid
I think the original (ve) flares would have sufficed, and the stripes gone, but other then that its a good attempt at a retro throwback, i think these a made to mark PB death.

Still looks better then HSV's offerings.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 14-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #81
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLee
Yes, can't remember who, i laughed my Ar$e off, a bogan with no front teeth also comes to mind.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 14-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #82
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think the original (ve) flares would have sufficed, and the stripes gone, but other then that its a good attempt at a retro throwback, i think these a made to mark PB death.

Still looks better then HSV's offerings.
Look on the bright side.. its consistant with your taste in vehicle style and design..! :

Old 14-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #83
hypnodoc
Its All In Your Mind

Whatever way you look at it, this 427 thing is just another piece of overpriced Holden POS . It could be 50k and I wouldn't buy one. Disgusting things IMHO, but then again I do despise anything made by Holden . Perhaps this is a last ditch effort seeing as their HO, and Fords too, are bankrupt by about X3.
Still theres enough clowns out there to ensure they sell the build run. And even though it may be a pedigree in HSVs opinion; you can't turn a pigs ear into a silk purse. Any well modded BA Turbo is still gonna slap one of these suckers and you don't have to put up with any disgusting red leather.

Xtreme Tuned: 375 RwKw (502 RwHp) & 820 Nm:
Whhooooooosssssssshhhhhh
HSV HUNTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Phoons 013 and 333 Gone
hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #84
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Look on the bright side.. its consistant with your taste in vehicle style and design..! :
Care to explain? Or is that just another illogical cheapshot at my self?

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 15-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #85
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Care to explain? Or is that just another illogical cheapshot at my self?
Ah lighten up.... :

Old 15-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #86
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Ah lighten up.... :
Im just interested in what my tastes in vechicles and design are? You might be surprised in the facts... :

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 15-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #87
WASP
Whipple Induced

I would personally rather a C63 AMG Merc for $140, but that's because it's a HSV. Now if it was a 400kw+ GTHO I might feel more compromised...
Old 16-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #88
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnodoc
Whatever way you look at it, this 427 thing is just another piece of overpriced Holden POS . It could be 50k and I wouldn't buy one. Disgusting things IMHO, but then again I do despise anything made by Holden . Perhaps this is a last ditch effort seeing as their HO, and Fords too, are bankrupt by about X3.
Still theres enough clowns out there to ensure they sell the build run. And even though it may be a pedigree in HSVs opinion; you can't turn a pigs ear into a silk purse. Any well modded BA Turbo is still gonna slap one of these suckers and you don't have to put up with any disgusting red leather.
Thought provoking, balanced and well constructed. Any small desire I had for the 427 has now been extinguised... thankyou.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #89
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLee
yeah and the wheels to four leaf clovers...
Old 16-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #90
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IF Ford had done the same, would it have been met with the same reaction on here?

At the end of the day, most reckon this price is too steep for an HSV/Commodore. Same story from Ford, look no further than GTP/F6. You reckon a twice the price, tarted up bogan (or do they only drive Holdens?) GT/F6 taxi with tacky low rent interior and body kit is any different.... Gimme a 3 year old BMW M5 or Audi RS6 any bloody day.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post