Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #61
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What determines "End of life" with cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
There is in fact a regular contributor on this forum that loves his - just don't refer to it as a Deawoo
That's probably me that you are referring to. Yes, we have 3 in the family, one V6 & two 4-cyl, two of them with over 200,000 km on the clock. I wouldn't have a Diesel (any brand) as a gift.

I am in the trade (repairs & parts) & most of the dramas we see with Captivas are with the early ones, Series IIs are a much superior car (as it is with many brands I guess).

There are far worse cars on the market than Captivas, where do I start ?

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 02:04 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
That's probably me that you are referring to. Yes, we have 3 in the family, one V6 & two 4-cyl, two of them with over 200,000 km on the clock. I wouldn't have a Diesel (any brand) as a gift.

I am in the trade (repairs & parts) & most of the dramas we see with Captivas are with the early ones, Series IIs are a much superior car (as it is with many brands I guess).

Dr Terry

Calling a series II superior is like saying a turd sandwich is better than a giant douche. They are without fail the worst quality car introduced into the australian market in the last 2 decades. By far. I have known 3 people who owned one, and every single one of them was hot garbage, plagued by problems.

There are probably about a handful of ones built that weren't absolute junk. They should put them in a museum or something.

My missus car, which I mentioned earlier, is a late 2014, which is I think even further on than series II. I'm wondering how many litres of petrol is a good starting point for a bbq.

Last edited by Bossxr8; 12-08-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 03:49 PM   #63
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something I read here (maybe Franco wrote it) about the bangers being taken off the roads - got me to have a look at the 90s Fords on gumtree. There's some really good original cars that are absolute bargains, tho more of the 'common garden variety' stuff.

EB-D XR8s have gone up to cray cray money (a few years ago, auto with 150k could be had for 5k, now asking up to 40). Goodness knows what a sprint is worth.

Pannelys have survived and ask more

If only I had more space! Original Fairmonts are inexpensive and they are really pleasant cars... Can still get rough XR6s in the 4-5k, at the time they shaded the XR8... Some of these deserve to be saved from 'end of life'
Old 12-08-2022, 04:24 PM   #64
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: What determines "End of life" with cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Funny you bring that to the conversation. When I met my ex-mrs she had the exact same car, but in 1.5 auto.

The thing was an absolute wreck when I met her... mis firing engine, body dented to the clapper, you unlocked the passenger door by giving it 3 hard hits just below the door handle, dodgy brakes, leaking exhaust etc. Didn't even have 100k on it.

She didn't care for it one bit, parked it anywhere, passed it around to all her friends. Didn't have an airbag either if I recall.

Her father proudly driving around in a brand new BMW that was always kept in showroom condition. I just couldn't get how a father could blindly allow their only child drive around in such a dangerous heap.
My second daughter was given a good condition Mazda 3 with only 98,000 km on it, fully serviced, few minor paint scratches on rear bumper etc, but really a good car.

She had just finished high school, was not working a lot an d drifting, partying with the dregs, coming back home all hours, drinking, taking god knows what -and was uncontrollable. Really rocky times....

Anyway, one night she was out driving with her bottom of barrel dreg mates and crashed the front of the car into a pole, next morning said oh it was only a small accident. I had a look and the front bonnet was crumpled at front, with a broken front grille.

I popped the bonnet and there was rather massive damage to the front internal bars and crash bar, they had been punched inwards in the shape of the power pole, and the punched in bars only just missed the radiator.

I was late for a work commitment and said do not drive the car, the bonnet catch looks suspect, wait for me to get home to have a closer look.

She then drove the car down a 90 kph freeway while I was at work, the bonnet flew up and smashed windscreen, crumpled in front roof, front bonnet mangled.

I then had to attend on side of freeway, had to smash the bonnet with a hammer, used wire to tie down the bonnet crawling underneath car with cars wizzing past at 90-110 kph.

At home I secured the bonnet with wire, and my wife took the car to some inbred wrecker who replaced the windscreen, and did "body repair work" to reshape the front bonnet and roof. They remarkably fixed the front bonnet latch.

The car looked from outside a wreck, crumpled roof, crumpled bonnet, cracked front radiator grille. For safety reasons, I used wire to insure the bonnet being tied down in event of the latch failing.

Because my daughter took the car for granted, was disrespectful, and was living a gap year in some fantasy land on drugs etc, I refused to buy another car for her.

So there I was driving my immaculate FGX XR8 and then new Fiesta ST, and I suppose people judged me as that ****ty father.

But her Mazda was mechanically sound, but in her instagram, fake pouty lips fake world she started hating driving the car because it ruined her image.

My wife was on at me to buy another car for her but I refused, she had to live with her consequences. Anyway, she seems to be growing up- got a well paying part time carer's job and took out a bank loan and has bought a Hyundai I30.

And would you believe it, she is taking great care of the car, too busy working to party.

But where I am heading is one should be careful judging, unless you have walked in those persons shoes whom you are judging for a good week

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Something I read here (maybe Franco wrote it) about the bangers being taken off the roads - got me to have a look at the 90s Fords on gumtree. There's some really good original cars that are absolute bargains, tho more of the 'common garden variety' stuff.

EB-D XR8s have gone up to cray cray money (a few years ago, auto with 150k could be had for 5k, now asking up to 40). Goodness knows what a sprint is worth.

Pannelys have survived and ask more

If only I had more space! Original Fairmonts are inexpensive and they are really pleasant cars... Can still get rough XR6s in the 4-5k, at the time they shaded the XR8... Some of these deserve to be saved from 'end of life'
You don't see many EF/EL XR cars around anymore.

I saw on Facebook Marketplace, someone had an ED Faimont Wagon - factory V8.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7080...14510682019621
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
My second daughter was given a good condition Mazda 3 with only 98,000 km on it, fully serviced, few minor paint scratches on rear bumper etc, but really a good car.

She had just finished high school, was not working a lot an d drifting, partying with the dregs, coming back home all hours, drinking, taking god knows what -and was uncontrollable. Really rocky times....

Anyway, one night she was out driving with her bottom of barrel dreg mates and crashed the front of the car into a pole, next morning said oh it was only a small accident. I had a look and the front bonnet was crumpled at front, with a broken front grille.

I popped the bonnet and there was rather massive damage to the front internal bars and crash bar, they had been punched inwards in the shape of the power pole, and the punched in bars only just missed the radiator.

I was late for a work commitment and said do not drive the car, the bonnet catch looks suspect, wait for me to get home to have a closer look.

She then drove the car down a 90 kph freeway while I was at work, the bonnet flew up and smashed windscreen, crumpled in front roof, front bonnet mangled.

I then had to attend on side of freeway, had to smash the bonnet with a hammer, used wire to tie down the bonnet crawling underneath car with cars wizzing past at 90-110 kph.

At home I secured the bonnet with wire, and my wife took the car to some inbred wrecker who replaced the windscreen, and did "body repair work" to reshape the front bonnet and roof. They remarkably fixed the front bonnet latch.

The car looked from outside a wreck, crumpled roof, crumpled bonnet, cracked front radiator grille. For safety reasons, I used wire to insure the bonnet being tied down in event of the latch failing.

Because my daughter took the car for granted, was disrespectful, and was living a gap year in some fantasy land on drugs etc, I refused to buy another car for her.

So there I was driving my immaculate FGX XR8 and then new Fiesta ST, and I suppose people judged me as that ****ty father.

But her Mazda was mechanically sound, but in her instagram, fake pouty lips fake world she started hating driving the car because it ruined her image.

My wife was on at me to buy another car for her but I refused, she had to live with her consequences. Anyway, she seems to be growing up- got a well paying part time carer's job and took out a bank loan and has bought a Hyundai I30.

And would you believe it, she is taking great care of the car, too busy working to party.

But where I am heading is one should be careful judging, unless you have walked in those persons shoes whom you are judging for a good week
This is why I tell people not to let their kids buy some clapped out ****box 1997 VSII Holden Caprice as their first car, they fold like pancakes in accidents and unless you got children of the corn they're going to be out being free range adult children with all sorts of lip fillers and chemically enhanced world they live in.

'Modern' cars (and by I mean anything from mid to late 00s like an FG) are a lot nicer to be in crashes with then the 1990s stuff, so what done that sort of damage in her Mazda 2 she would have come off a bit second hand playing those games in old ****boxes like my Caprice.

I t-boned someone in a not at fault accident at around 90km/h in my first LV Focus when I was 19 and I walked out of it with burns from the airbag gasses and a real nasty bruise from the seat belt yanking me back into the seat.

LV Focus is Franco certified for free range adult children

I appreciate you shared your story.
4 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 04:47 PM   #67
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
This is why I tell people not to let their kids buy some clapped out ****box 1997 VSII Holden Caprice as their first car, they fold like pancakes in accidents and unless you got children of the corn they're going to be out being free range adult children with all sorts of lip fillers and chemicals.

'Modern' cars (and by I mean anything from mid to late 00s like an FG) are a lot nicer to be in crashes with then the 1990s stuff, so what done that sort of damage in her Mazda 2 she would have come off a bit second hand playing those games in old ****boxes like my Caprice.

I appreciate you shared your story.
I saw a video clip of a VN commodore loaded up with sand bags in the car to approximate the weight of 4 adult males inside, and it was slammed into concrete at 60 kph and then 100kph.

It was shocking how the car folded and pancaked compared to the same car doing those crash tests without the sand bags inside.

Saying that I was involved in a high speed frontal crash in a Cortina TD 4.1 with my 2 brothers when I was a kid, and for the speed of impacts the car crumple zones surprisingly could not have performed any better....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 04:50 PM   #68
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Dr Terry
not you Bud
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 05:19 PM   #69
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dr Terry[/QUOTE]

Won’t take too much of your time to list them all
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2022, 10:36 AM   #70
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post

Dr Terry
Won’t take too much of your time to list them all[/QUOTE]

Any Ford with a Powershift transmission.
Anything with a VW badge
FWD BMWs
MINIs
LDV
Great Wall
Foton
Haval
Mazda & Subaru Diesels
M/Benz MLs

If you want to go back a few years, anything French (they have improved in recent years), EA Fords, early Magnas.

Tell me when you want me to stop.

I know people who own some of the above & are happy with them, but there are exceptions to everything in life.

I've been in this industry too long & we have had some horrid cars foisted on us by ALL manufacturers. As I said, Captivas are are far from the bottom of the barrel. They do the job, they perform well & are cheap to run (for this size of 7 seat car).

Dr Terry
Old 13-08-2022, 01:01 PM   #71
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

For the majority of car owners, "End of Life" is not when it requires major work, dies or becomes too expensive to repair.

Rather, it's when finances allow that shiny new model to grace their driveway.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2022, 02:36 PM   #72
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Anything with a VW badge
FWD BMWs
MINIs
LDV
Great Wall
Foton
Haval
Mazda & Subaru Diesels
M/Benz MLs

If you want to go back a few years, anything French (they have improved in recent years), EA Fords, early Magnas.

I know people who own some of the above & are happy with them, but there are exceptions to everything in life.

I've been in this industry too long & we have had some horrid cars foisted on us by ALL manufacturers. As I said, Captivas are are far from the bottom of the barrel. They do the job, they perform well & are cheap to run (for this size of 7 seat car).

Dr Terry
You forgot VG Transit with push button auto - what an absolute turd those Transits were

EDIT: How good is the broken quote function
Old 13-08-2022, 03:46 PM   #73
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Won’t take too much of your time to list them all
Anything with a VW badge
FWD BMWs
MINIs
LDV
Great Wall
Foton
Haval
Mazda & Subaru Diesels
M/Benz MLs

Dr Terry[/QUOTE]

I'm getting forgetful in my old age. I didn't include anything from the Jeep, Fiat, Chrysler, Dodge family in my list. Turds all of them.

Dr Terry
Old 13-08-2022, 03:47 PM   #74
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You forgot VG Transit with push button auto - what an absolute turd those Transits were
Agreed.

Dr Terry
Old 13-08-2022, 08:13 PM   #75
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

32 year old dailied Pug, ~340K on original bores/rings/bottom end. End of life will probably be when a Craptiva smashes into it at the Colesworths carpark.

Last dailied Frog laid up by ZF band failure. Prior two laid up by impact with 2012 Corolla (not at fault) and 2013 A3 (mea culpa). Mechanicals have been niggly at times but never a deal-breaker; just knuckle down and sort it.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2022, 05:19 PM   #76
Swordie

Probably electronics on late model cars will be big factor contributing to eol. It sounds like you need highly specialised equipment to fix some cars. Makes it difficult for old school mechanics. Also when they have a collision what might not seem much can cause major problems due to electronics under the skin.

It will be interesting to see how long EVs will last.

Last edited by Swordie; 14-08-2022 at 05:25 PM.
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2022, 05:54 PM   #77
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordie View Post
Probably electronics on late model cars will be big factor contributing to eol. It sounds like you need highly specialised equipment to fix some cars. Makes it difficult for old school mechanics. Also when they have a collision what might not seem much can cause major problems due to electronics under the skin.

It will be interesting to see how long EVs will last.
Guess EVs having a lot less mechanical wear parts,should last for a long time
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2022, 08:36 AM   #78
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Further on from the clapped out paint, the Fiesta now has a swimming pool in the spare wheel well

The rear boot floor is absolutely soaked, the underside is covered in mould and the spare wheel well is half full of water.

Ford Europe, makes cars which steer and stop real well, not so sure about longevity
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2022, 09:31 AM   #79
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Re: What determines "End of life" with cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Guess EVs having a lot less mechanical wear parts,should last for a long time
Hmm possibly.
But there's no way a battery will be lasting 20+ years like an engine does.
I imagine most electric cars will be scrapped once the battery dies. So in reality cars will probably be disposed of every 10-15 years.
Did I mention that I still drive a 34 year old Mazda?
So I wonder what is more environmentally friendly over that period? Three or four electric cars, or one internal combustion car?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #80
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
For the majority of car owners, "End of Life" is not when it requires major work, dies or becomes too expensive to repair.

Rather, it's when finances allow that shiny new model to grace their driveway.
Guilty as charged.

I have a nice 12yo FG with ZF for sale at the moment with 253,000km on it.
Needs a few standard Ford items to be looked at on it.

But after something nicer and more modern in my old(er) age.

Been a damn solid car for the last 10 years on ownership though. Be a shame to see it go really.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #81
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post

So I wonder what is more environmentally friendly over that period? Three or four electric cars, or one internal combustion car?
Spot on but no one thinks this way.

Another way I see it is, that old Holden, Ford (Mazda) being used selectively is far greener in the long run than something driven down the local shops every 5 mins to get one item.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2022, 11:11 AM   #82
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Spot on but no one thinks this way.

Another way I see it is, that old Holden, Ford (Mazda) being used selectively is far greener in the long run than something driven down the local shops every 5 mins to get one item.
Imagine a world where you have footpaths in your housing estates that connect to the town, or they had a bike lane to encourage short trips via walking or push bike.

Our 'new' estate, the footpath leads to the highway then stops, there is no connection to the town.

Or in my estate only one side of the road has a foot path, otherwise you just walk on everyone's nature strips and front yards

The joint is designed to encourage you o take your car on short trips.

Less of that **** and more proper town planning.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 19-08-2022 at 11:19 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2022, 11:31 AM   #83
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Imagine a world where you have footpaths in your housing estates that connect to the town, or they had a bike lane to encourage short trips via walking or push bike.

Our 'new' estate, the footpath leads to the highway then stops, there is no connection to the town.

Or in my estate only one side of the road has a foot path, otherwise you just walk on everyone's nature strips and front yards

The joint is designed to encourage you o take your car on short trips.

Less of that **** and more proper town planning.
Ha Ha, I have this conversation with idiots on a cycling forum. Move closer to the city if you want all of its services.
Does anyone ever start user groups to pressure govco, councils, bah bah for this stuff, nup. We just like to winge about it.
So what Franco is basically saying is, town/burb has given up and put up with this.

Little tip for for new home buyers looking at CHEAP country housing.

If you want all the stuff move closer to it or shut the fu*k up.
If you don't want to spend all your time travelling to work, don't work there.
If you don't want to spend money on fuel, don't buy a car/truck.

Late edit....I just noticed where Franco is right now.

Last edited by roKWiz; 19-08-2022 at 11:40 AM.
Old 19-08-2022, 11:58 AM   #84
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Hmm possibly.
But there's no way a battery will be lasting 20+ years like an engine does.
I imagine most electric cars will be scrapped once the battery dies. So in reality cars will probably be disposed of every 10-15 years.
Did I mention that I still drive a 34 year old Mazda?
Another question is how many sets of tyres the EV will use being a heavier car

apparently Car tyres produce vastly more particle pollution than exhausts, tests show.

Sorry off topic, but definitely EVs will become end of life as soon as they need a new set of Batteries the cost plus installation would be enormous, plus I foresee some sort of Levy for the disposal of the batteries.
Old 19-08-2022, 12:13 PM   #85
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Another question is how many sets of tyres the EV will use being a heavier car.
I think this would depend on what type of car you're comparing them with, and as the most popular cars these days seem to be Utes and SUV's it would probably be an even match.
Old 19-08-2022, 01:56 PM   #86
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I think this would depend on what type of car you're comparing them with, and as the most popular cars these days seem to be Utes and SUV's it would probably be an even match.
Which run harder compounds and deeper treads that generally last long distances. Passenger car tyres usually don't last anywhere near as long.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2022, 02:32 PM   #87
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Which run harder compounds and deeper treads that generally last long distances. Passenger car tyres usually don't last anywhere near as long.
Working on that theory Truck tyres have even harder compounds and have deeper tread, but tyre life is about the same.
Old 19-08-2022, 03:18 PM   #88
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Ha Ha, I have this conversation with idiots on a cycling forum. Move closer to the city if you want all of its services.
Does anyone ever start user groups to pressure govco, councils, bah bah for this stuff, nup. We just like to winge about it.
So what Franco is basically saying is, town/burb has given up and put up with this.

Little tip for for new home buyers looking at CHEAP country housing.

If you want all the stuff move closer to it or shut the fu*k up.
If you don't want to spend all your time travelling to work, don't work there.
If you don't want to spend money on fuel, don't buy a car/truck.

Late edit....I just noticed where Franco is right now.
Pretty much, we're just a town full of soft cocks, there's about 200 whingers who contest anything and everything who get their way while no one asks the other 4500 of us.

Though I wouldn't call $850K-$1.1M 'cheap housing', I'd at least want bike lanes and a connected footpath for my 7 figures.
Old 19-08-2022, 03:21 PM   #89
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Pretty much, we're just a town full of soft cocks, there's about 200 whingers who contest anything and everything who get their way while no one asks the other 4500 of us.

Though I wouldn't call $850K-$1.1M 'cheap housing', I'd at least want bike lanes and a connected footpath for my 7 figures.
Cheap by comparison, Did you enjoy the mall ?

Old 19-08-2022, 03:33 PM   #90
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Working on that theory Truck tyres have even harder compounds and have deeper tread, but tyre life is about the same.
well they are a lot heavier just like EVs....