Banned

Nice car. Good luck with sale.
Redmund is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #62
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
You say to some one "I drive a HSV Senator, and every one knows what you drive. But say you drive a FPV F6E and you will get a blank look" Senator has the runs on the board. And yes I would buy the Senator over the F6E, its a V8 for starters.!!! But everyday driver I will stick to my GHIA or a G6E if I change cars next year.

Maybe, but you say to anyone 'I drive an F6.....E', people no what that is. Or a GT.......E and a heap more people no what that is. Its a mute point really.

Also, you stated you wanted a V8.....so no matter what marketing Ford or FPV do, you still want a V8.....in other words, no-one selling an F6 really cares what you want because you don't want what they are selling. If the Senator has the points on the board, then that's perhaps down to marketing more than anything else. Also, 9 out of 10 Australia's believe Holden is 100% Australian, So with said points on said board, whose board are you talking about?

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #63
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
So the question, what is the FPV lacking? other than street cred (in this particular model, GT/F6 has decent cred I would think)?
It is missing the zenons, the bose stereo, in cabin adjustable suspension(maybe a sport mode that sharpens the shifts and throttle calibration) the anniversary rims would have been a great start, bespoke bumpers and or colours, bespoke steering wheel and gear knob, FPV embossed toolkit and an FPV watch and jacket.

as for flappists argument about XT vs G6ET
leather interior
premium stereo
bigger brakes
climate control
mags
different bumbers
turbo engine
premium 6 sp auto gearbox
does low 13s down the quarter
stops better
handles better
looks better
its better in EVERY WAY

where as the F6E gives you what over the f6???
better seats
better brakes
same performance in a straight line
same/similar looks

I agree whole heartedly that this is an untapped market and its a definite step in the right direction - but it needs to be differentiated from the F6 a little bit more than it is to be as succesful as it can be. This is just my opinion and has no basis in fact. If i think this way then perspective buyers might too.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #64
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
The F6 E is just the Force 6...and I reckon it looks great.
I thought the BF FPV's Force 6 and 8 were the best looking in the range...

I am not one for spoilers and body kits, or bright colours.

If I had the money, I would go the GT-E, BUT it is good that FPV recognise that it won't be a mass-produced car, but it's an option that is unmatched on the market.

I think it's a great move.
i Agree totally, if only they came in manuals.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #65
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Didn't I read somewhere that FPV outsold HSV one month recently? I'm sure I didn't dream it....
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #66
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Great looking car. I'm sure they'll be making more than 50.

I couldn't afford one, but I'm sure that many execs who currently drive a G6ET will think about one.

I don't think I'd pay the extra over the F6 either, but that's just me.

A smart move by FPV for sure.

Now they need to make some smart moves on the race track! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 02:59 AM   #67
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'd have one.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #68
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Should bring back the force 6 nameplate, otherwise it looks like a gem
Old 06-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #69
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
You say to some one "I drive a HSV Senator, and every one knows what you drive. But say you drive a FPV F6E and you will get a blank look" Senator has the runs on the board. And yes I would buy the Senator over the F6E, its a V8 for starters.!!! But everyday driver I will stick to my GHIA or a G6E if I change cars next year.
I don't base my vehicle purchases on the familiarity of what other people know about the car market - seems a silly basis for car purchase to me. If I'm spending my dollars on a car, I look at the segment I want then attempt to put my bum in the best car my money can buy.

I drive a Golf R32, most people don't know what a Golf R32 is - and I don't care.

I'd buy an F6E, the fact that only a Ford fan would know what an F6E is also wouldn't factor in my final decision.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #70
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

Some of you guys are hard to impress. Gt-e is released and people say there should be a f6-e. f6-e is released then you start saying it has nothing over a f6.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #71
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Nice but id prefer a GT-E
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #72
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could I afford it - yep. Would I buy one, no.

Look its a nice looking car and good on Ford for making it - I'm sure it will find a niche. I am just saying PERSONALLY for $80K+ on road for a turbo Falcon is getting to be a bit of a giggle. I like Falcon's for their Bang for your Buck - XR6T the obvious example. This is near on double the price of an XR6T. Wether we want to admit it or not we care what other people think about our cars otherwise we would all buy $13k Getz's - where is the badge cred of an F6E at $80K plus on roads?

You want luxury + performance - well plenty of competitors at $80K plus on roads. I just dont see a "turbo taxi" (other peoples words not mine) commanding this price. I'm thinking the Audi A4 quattro's, Audi A5 quattro (absolutley beautiful car - $85K drive away), Audi TT ($10K cheaper than the FPV), BMW Z4 ($85K on road), Passat R36 AWD DSG ($71K drive away) among others. None would command the space and absolute speed of the F6E though which is what Ford would hope to attract customers with. If it was my money it would be on an Audi. Though personally I'd rather spend $40K on an XR6T (I believe its that damn good) and invest the other $40K in something else.

Someone else said what would we like to see in an $80K FPV - howabout a DSG gearbox (like every other manufacturer including the $40K Ralliart); sat nav (what a joke that its not standard); xenons; LEDS; multi-setting suspension; perforated heated/cooled leather seats; I could go on. If you compared it to its absolute equivalents - M5 and AMG series its great value but i don't think many will.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #73
BrisVegas
Noobie

well said Merlin.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #74
barbarian
Banned

Merlin

+2
barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #75
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Thank you Merlin, finally someone understands where I was coming from.

Cheers
Old 06-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #76
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Could I afford it - yep. Would I buy one, no.

You want luxury + performance - well plenty of competitors at $80K plus on roads. I just dont see a "turbo taxi" (other peoples words not mine) commanding this price. I'm thinking the Audi A4 quattro's, Audi A5 quattro (absolutley beautiful car - $85K drive away), Audi TT ($10K cheaper than the FPV), BMW Z4 ($85K on road), Passat R36 AWD DSG ($71K drive away) among others. None would command the space and absolute speed of the F6E though which is what Ford would hope to attract customers with. If it was my money it would be on an Audi. Though personally I'd rather spend $40K on an XR6T (I believe its that damn good) and invest the other $40K in something else.
Agreed and thats the problem, and extra $40k for very little perceived value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Thank you Merlin, finally someone understands where I was coming from.

Cheers
I agree to, but some people think that Ford can do no wrong and will buy whatever poor excuse for a vehicle they produce purely because they are "blue blooded".

Like most of Fords products, good package that looses out when it comes to the detail. (there are a couple of exceptions at the moment though).
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #77
WASP
Whipple Induced

Some very good points fellas. Just some food for thought.

These FPV and local Ford cars are built to a budget, and you will notice this when comparing them to other imported offerings without question. Unlike the imported options like the Audi's etc, the locally built Falcons do not have the advantage of being manufactured on a global scale. This means the money invested in developing or implimneting any unique technology for that vehicle can only be spread across a very limited number of units per year. FPV have an even smaller manufacturing scale, virtually micro in comparison.

I guess one could say, well that's their problem and not the mine as the buyer, and you would be rightly so in doing that. One could also say that they would rather support their local industry and buy what is a very commendable product that while it obviously lacks in some area's, it more than makes up for in others. Two such areas are size and performance, which quite frankly none of the other options mentioned in this thread besides the HSV has a hope of matching for the price. Funny enough the HSV is locally built to.

Colville
Old 06-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #78
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yes but I wouldn't expect someone with $80k so buy a F6E out of pity knowing its not up to the standard of others in its price bracket. Buying Aussie made is great, but im not buying aussie if its at the detriment to me (harsh but true).

What I find amusing is that its advantage is its power, simple as that IMO. But, someone wanting this car is hardly going to take it to the track or be at the pub talking about it. Its just a nice cruiser that happens to go like stint.

Then the cheek of FPV to ask for $80k without even an unique rims design is plain old rude.

They shouldn't even bother with the GTE/F6E, save what little money they have spent on something the consumer wants or will notice.

Ford/FPV are particular bad at over engineering. Holden is the opposite and gets the sales and hence more money to spend on R&D.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 06-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #79
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of the really great things about the Ford/FPV range is they offer something for everyone.

Reading back over the last couple of years it is commonly stated that:

F6-E has no value but some plastic stripes are easily worth $1000.

The letters G and T are worth at least $10,000.

A couple of plastic snakes and some pretty blue accents are worth $20,000

A couple of fat gold stripes on the bonnet and a plastic number 40 are worth $20,000 easily (or was that $20,000,000,000,000,000 I will have to go back to another thread to check.)

Stripes, the letters G and T and a noisy exhaust are far more valuable than outright performance.

A 35 year old car that is a detuned mass produced replica of a vehicle that won a race is worth the best part of $1,000,000 but a 17 year old car that is a detuned mass produced replica of a vehicle that won the same race and was much quicker than the other one is worth maybe $20,000.

The vehicles are worth to you whatever you are prepared to pay for them. Saying "I can afford a F6E but do not see the value in it and would rather buy a whatever" is no different to saying "I can afford a Kia Rio but would rather buy a Daewoo".......

Other than you, who cares......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #80
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
One of the really great things about the Ford/FPV range is they offer something for everyone.

Reading back over the last couple of years it is commonly stated that:

F6-E has no value but some plastic stripes are easily worth $1000.

The letters G and T are worth at least $10,000.

A couple of plastic snakes and some pretty blue accents are worth $20,000

A couple of fat gold stripes on the bonnet and a plastic number 40 are worth $20,000 easily (or was that $20,000,000,000,000,000 I will have to go back to another thread to check.)

Stripes, the letters G and T and a noisy exhaust are far more valuable than outright performance.

A 35 year old car that is a detuned mass produced replica of a vehicle that won a race is worth the best part of $1,000,000 but a 17 year old car that is a detuned mass produced replica of a vehicle that won the same race and was much quicker than the other one is worth maybe $20,000.

The vehicles are worth to you whatever you are prepared to pay for them. Saying "I can afford a F6E but do not see the value in it and would rather buy a whatever" is no different to saying "I can afford a Kia Rio but would rather buy a Daewoo".......

that would have to be the best post in this thread after mine

i would on the other hand have one in a fit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #81
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Agreed on the bold point, if someone finds the F6E to be worth while then good luck to them; it is a good car.

Last time I checked the point of a forum is to discuss things, its a sad state of affairs if you need to start comparing bank balances to have an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
that would have to be the best post in this thread after mine

i would on the other hand have one in a fit
I dont even know what to say about that.......

Its a good product that just needs some substance to do well, you would think that after they sell what 100ish Forces (if that) in the BF range they would try a bit harder this time.

But its ok, everything is fine and dandy down at FPV.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 06-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #82
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Anyone that has tried to option up a F6 with the lot will already know that $79k RRP isn't excessive if purchasing brand new. Remember F6's don't come standard with 6/4 pot Brembos, leather, electronic memory seats, floormats, reverse camera.

Colville
So your saying that this car is worth $79K because it has a few features that pretty much standard on cars in the 45-55K range?

I thought FPV was supposed to offer something special? This car has nothing to offer over the G6E-T, its not even that much faster (not enough anyway).

FPV needs, technology and innovation as standard and options that are not available on normal cars, and not available in the Falcon range and are completely unique to the model.

As it stands there is nothing hard about buying your own XT and coming very close to making your own equivalent spec car. It won't be an 'FPV' but so what, the FPV part doesn't actually give you anything except a build number. I doubt anyone on here woudl admit to wanting one because it has a number printed in the dash.

And if you have the money to pay for that privilege then your really demonstatring you have more cents the sense.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #83
zx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
So your saying that this car is worth $79K because it has a few features that pretty much standard on cars in the 45-55K range?

I thought FPV was supposed to offer something special? This car has nothing to offer over the G6E-T, its not even that much faster (not enough anyway).

FPV needs, technology and innovation as standard and options that are not available on normal cars, and not available in the Falcon range and are completely unique to the model.

As it stands there is nothing hard about buying your own XT and coming very close to making your own equivalent spec car. It won't be an 'FPV' but so what, the FPV part doesn't actually give you anything except a build number. I doubt anyone on here woudl admit to wanting one because it has a number printed in the dash.

And if you have the money to pay for that privilege then your really demonstatring you have more cents the sense.
Oh dear me.

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #84
zx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I agree to, but some people think that Ford can do no wrong and will buy whatever poor excuse for a vehicle they produce purely because they are "blue blooded".

Like most of Fords products, good package that looses out when it comes to the detail. (there are a couple of exceptions at the moment though).
Do you think that the F6E is a poor excuse for a vehicle?

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #85
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
What? Where did I say, or even imply that? How are 6/4 pot Brembo's standard on any Fords in the range for example.

Quote:
As it stands there is nothing hard about buying your own XT and coming very close to making your own equivalent spec car. .
So your point is one should alternatively:
Buy a $38k new XT,
Spend, $10k on stronger engine rebuild
Buy a turbo kit, fit and tune (guessing $7-10k)
Add spenspion, wheels, 6/4 caliper brakes/rotors ($10k),
Replace gearbox with hi-torque version of the ZF auto or 6 speed manual (guess $10k+)
Rip out the whole interior and upgrade to leather, new interior command Centre, dash etc (guessing $5k+),
Buy, paint and fit body kit ($4-5k+)
Have I missed anything else? I'm sure I have..
Change to the LSD ($3k)
Engineering cost if you want it roadworth ($??)
You have no warranty left but it's faster than a FPV so who cares right?

Lets see, you have now spent approx $80k+ if your lucky on an unroadworthy XT Falcon with no factory warranty. Lets not talk about what it's worth when you sell it.

Quote:
Refer to above ^^

Last edited by WASP; 06-08-2009 at 05:47 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #86
Fireblade
Wizard Member

I did back to back testing of an 07 XR6T and my now owned 07 F6 when deciding the purchase, let me tell you when you do the back to back testing it becomes so very clear the difference between the Ford and the FPV that it might as well slap you in the face. Before you can bag the new F6-E, why dont you do a back to back test with a G6ET and see if you can find the $20k difference because there will be some.

As the saying goes don't knock it til you try it.

Now if I could part with my F6 through desire to upgrade the F6-E will be the first to be tested.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #87
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Gentlemen,

May I ask that we remain civil towards each other, I would hate to have to act against any posts that breach the terms and conditions of this site.

RG.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #88
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
May I ask that we remain civil towards each other,
RG.
I'm not normally one to react to comments like that but.. well. My apologies regardless including YOOT.

Colville
Old 06-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #89
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:

Your post is a little arrogant and silly if you ask me..

Why didnt you buy a base model Forester if your theory is so correct?? Then add all the extras?

The F6-E isnt probably worth the extra 20kay over a G6E T, but who pays retail, gezz i picked up my GT brand new for 59 kay fully optioned.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #90
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

F6 E = fantasic car, well done ford, some of you guys need to join LS1.com they way you bag every new Falcon released.

Disgraceful.....
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post