Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2006, 11:44 PM   #61
xd5.8l
Banned

casper you're getting a reground vct cam? Or those the vct mechanism hinder cam changing without extensive development work. I thought It wouldn't be that difficult because it's only oil pressure operated.

It's pretty funny because the vct has most of its power below 3,500 and yet you have a 3 grand stall? The lame burnouts you pulled were a good indication of this, not that I set the world on fire.
Old 23-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #62
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
It's pretty funny because the vct has most of its power below 3,500 and yet you have a 3 grand stall? The lame burnouts you pulled were a good indication of this, not that I set the world on fire.
you werent running semicomps as a trial to see the difference in grip on the day... you were also .2+ slower in a T series V8.. Exactly how lame was I again?

Come to Heathcote, lets line them up and see how it pans out. All good fun.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 24-03-2006, 01:47 AM   #63
hamo
since the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev5 ute

I tell u what everytime i see a thread with Gnd in it i think GREAT im going to find out some stuff, but no same as usual...comon pleeeease
What is it you want to know, G&D have been in business for over 30 years.
Glenn's dad ran the business before Glenn took over the running of the shop.
They had a bit of a play with my AU, we hit many walls not having an edit to play with.
Now they have some new tools watch the numbers roll in.
The work and professionalism shown by the G&D crew was outstanding.
Even to the point there tuner (Paul) and Glenn left there stand on a Saturday morning at the Ford Vs Holden show, to tune my car so we could race it on the Saturday afternoon.
my 14.30 @ 97.66 mph for an Auto is a respectable result for there 1st play with an AU6.
I wish Casper all the best with his new mods, his car is in good hands.
dev5 ute, may i suggest you do a site search you may learn a little more as your posts have no constructive comments in them at all.

Always Autotech
Old 24-03-2006, 08:52 AM   #64
Nik

hammo were you running the gnd air box when you did your 14.3

Old 24-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #65
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
hammo were you running the gnd air box when you did your 14.3
No he wasnt, it didnt exist at the time IIRC. Truth is that most of the good stuff avaliable for the AU's now was not around when Glenn did Hamo's car. To get it to a 14.30 ET was beyond remarkable given the hardware, tuning tools avaliable, time and budgets involved. Its a true credit to Hamo, Mark (Hamo's brother) and Glenn.
To this day its still the fastest auto NA I6 Falcon on AFF and, to my knowledge, the second fastest in Aust (there was a mystery blue AU auto I6 that ran at Calder with a 14.2x. Dont know anything more than that about it).

Hamo's car has always been my personal benchmark. It makes sense to me to go to the same place as him to get my car done.

Last edited by Casper; 24-03-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 24-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #66
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There was a blue auto AU running at calder at few weeks ago running 13.2's. Its on nitrous now. Full Dev 5 and JMM stall I think Brendan said when I spoke to him a few weeks ago.

Any plans to hit the bottle Casper? Whats the ETA on this round of mods?
Old 24-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #67
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
There was a blue auto AU running at calder at few weeks ago running 13.2's. Its on nitrous now. Full Dev 5 and JMM stall I think Brendan said when I spoke to him a few weeks ago.

Any plans to hit the bottle Casper? Whats the ETA on this round of mods?
I'm guessing thats the same car mate. I heard it was a full dev5, stall, diff, everything else job from JMM when it did the 14.2 but couldnt find any confirmation. Running 13.2's on nitrous would add up to be about right too.

As for me, I havent seriously considered nitrous yet and cant really see it happening.. not for a few years anyhow. I have a few goals to reach before that as an NA engine. Then maybe we can get silly with nitrous. :evil3:

ETA on this round of mods just got blown out a fair bit as we are now making a big addition to the work being done. At least another week now, maybe more. Should have some figures from what they are doing now in a few days though so there will be something to keep us entertained soon enough.

Old 24-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #68
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should be interesting to see the results!

If you want to have a crack at the 12's, I know where there is a nitrous setup not being used at the moment that you can borrow! :P
Old 24-03-2006, 09:53 AM   #69
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Should be interesting to see the results!

If you want to have a crack at the 12's, I know where there is a nitrous setup not being used at the moment that you can borrow! :P
hahaha.. dont tease me like that

Old 24-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #70
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not teasing, I wont be using it until I have a new gearbox and a 9 inch which is a few months away. They will be under enough stress as it is.
Old 24-03-2006, 10:05 AM   #71
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Not teasing, I wont be using it until I have a new gearbox and a 9 inch which is a few months away. They will be under enough stress as it is.
I'll see how this round of mods goes at the track Dan.. then you just never know Problem is getting all the wiring and piping on and then off again. Ah well, an awesome offer and I really appreciate it.. just might take you up on it one day.

Old 24-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #72
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
G&D mods for an AU - specifically, a pretty boy AU (Bucky's).
:

I'm concerned that you want to know about my box and some piping. Time for a frontal labotomy
Old 24-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #73
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure if Casper wanted to he would highly recommend the manufacturer of his new neons aswell....

(sorry i just had to lighten the atmosphere.. i was choking here!!)
Old 24-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #74
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by normell
So I take it that this is only a mighty big add for G&D, nothing more or nothing less
How else do you think he can maintain a healthy post count :nutsycuck

Seriously thou, when your happy with a business and the service they provide, your gonna promote them as much as possible. Afterall, they are a sponsor so saying their name isn't a big deal. You see their logo at the top. You can either look for the info on their site, or here.

I love to promote AWC where and whenever I can. Both Mark and Adam have been one of the only companies I have ever dealt with to make sure you get a good quality product and excellent after sales service. They are a pleasure to deal with as I'm sure G&D are to Shane.
Old 24-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #75
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
So I take it that this is only a mighty big add for G&D, nothing more or nothing less

No different to my posts on the minginator back on .com for Herrod 3 years odd ago!
Old 24-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #76
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I'm sure if Casper wanted to he would highly recommend the manufacturer of his new neons aswell....

(sorry i just had to lighten the atmosphere.. i was choking here!!)
Good one Melz, you gave away the big surprise.... :

Well, they are 40,000watt "megaricegene" neons and I have them pointed directly at my eyes :

I'm not going to tell everyone they are bright purple though... oh bugger... :

Old 24-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #77
normell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Take it was whatever you like. Not the first time a post like this has been done nor will it be the last. In fact the Minginator and HOTDBZ threads from years ago are not really any different. The main difference is I havent released exactly whats being done yet (done that before too) and the actual mods are not as extreme as Laminges or HOTDBZ's (which means more affordable which means more people will be paying attention to results and prices).

So is it a big ad for G&D? To a degree I guess but no more than any other thread is an ad for a particular mod. Its more of a fun guessing game and "spot the clue" game for me though.

As I've said to many others, no one is making you read it, if you are not interested unsubscribe to it and move on.
But in the real world, you would get the mods done first, then post the results, not HINT about what you might or might not get done, then string out about what might, or might not have been done.
personally I feel that it's just plain crap to lead us all on with so much secrecy about your mods.
Its time for peace of mind to, put up, or shut up

Still Drinking & Driving, But Not At The Same Time
Old 24-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #78
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
But in the real world, you would get the mods done first, then post the results, not HINT about what you might or might not get done, then string out about what might, or might not have been done.
personally I feel that it's just plain crap to lead us all on with so much secrecy about your mods.
Its time for peace of mind to, put up, or shut up
or you can simply just stop reading the thread.
Got a problem with it? Tough. I'm not here to pander to your demands. My car, my money. If I choose to release the details I will do so, as and when I want to. Why do I choose not to now? Because I dont have to. I already know what is getting done, I talk to Glenn most every day. I already have certain results in my possession and there are already a number of close friends on here who are well aware of whats happening but are choosing not to say anything.. you are just not one of them in the know.
So if you think its crap, fine, thats your choice. To tell me to put up or shut up is a bit rich though. I dont see you at any of the Drag meets, nor do I see you supporting the forums as a donating member/contributing member, nor do I see your car "putting up or shutting up" on the forums. This is a 2 edged sword. I have started these threads and strung them along. In the end I am well aware I need to show the goods. I certainly dont need a drop in member who hasnt been actively involved in anything to do with the forums or its community to come in here demanding crap from me..
Oh, and if you have a good look around the forums rather than just expecting to be spoon fed you would find a huge amount of HINTS as to whats getting done.

Old 24-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #79
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

G'day Casper,
been following with great interest man, is there any chance of a rough estimate for mods done so far? with Glenn coming up with ideas and you jumping on them just as quick, this is gotta be pushing into the big bucks bracket.
Old 24-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #80
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Got a problem with it? Tough. I'm not here to pander to your demands. My car, my money. If I choose to release the details I will do so, as and when I want to. Why do I choose not to now? Because I dont have to. I already know what is getting done, I talk to Glenn most every day. I already have certain results in my possession and there are already a number of close friends on here who are well aware of whats happening but are choosing not to say anything.. you are just not one of them in the know.
So if you think its crap, fine, thats your choice. To tell me to put up or shut up is a bit rich though. I dont see you at any of the Drag meets, nor do I see you supporting the forums as a donating member/contributing member, nor do I see your car "putting up or shutting up" on the forums. This is a 2 edged sword. I have started these threads and strung them along. In the end I am well aware I need to show the goods. I certainly dont need a drop in member who hasnt been actively involved in anything to do with the forums or its community to come in here demanding crap from me..
Oh, and if you have a good look around the forums rather than just expecting to be spoon fed you would find a huge amount of HINTS as to whats getting done.
Interesting reading, is this the FIRST thread on this particular G&D Modification or has there been more that have been closed and removed?

Personally i think its great that your experimenting with your car and I am very interested in what you are doing / what outcomes you are getting, but at the end of the day whats the big deal with all the secrets? Are you trying to make this a big deal or what, anyone else here seems to be pretty forthcoming with their ideas and what they are doing, you on the other hand seem to have this little game.. If people are geniunely interested in following your car and your mods then maybe you should be a little LESS arrogant towards them and their questions....

How quick is this car now down the quarter mile, I would hope it would be mid 14's, specially considering there are some very MILD AUs doing high 14's.
Seriously tho, not so long ago you were all about how good JMM were, now it seems like G & D have taken your thunder... And this is no personal spin, just an observation from a VERY interested reader.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Old 24-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #81
normell

Quote:
Sorry you highness, didn't realise that god had died and left you in charge of the universe, so I have to be a donating member to have my say, or competing at the drags.
i am involved with a XA yellow drag ute, from the Sunbury area that runs very low 11sec passes, so I dont need to alter my daily traveller to get my thrills out of dragging.
Shane, I am more than happy for you and your successes, and am looking forward to chatting to you at the park, but it's just my opinion that this has turned into childish banter that you see in the playground at primary schools.

Old 24-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #82
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum-Yum
G'day Casper,
been following with great interest man, is there any chance of a rough estimate for mods done so far? with Glenn coming up with ideas and you jumping on them just as quick, this is gotta be pushing into the big bucks bracket.
I'd rahter not say just yet as yet as we are just finishing off the first set of mods as we had planned originally and I'll have the full list and dyno comparison readouts put up in the next few days (probably when I get back from Sydney again next Wednesday). Then not only will I show what we did but the story that goes with them and a lot of the detail that was behind it.
I will say that there has been some great results, some interesting discoveries (not all of which will be released unfortunatly but some will be) and some in depth R&D done. My poor little car has been prodded and probed a fair bit, I dont think she will ever be the same again. Fortunatly this is just stage 1 too... stage 2 and 3 will happen as soon as possible.. thats where the fun REALLY begins.

Old 24-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #83
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Sorry you highness, didn't realise that god had died and left you in charge of the universe, so I have to be a donating member to have my say, or competing at the drags.
i am involved with a XA yellow drag ute, from the Sunbury area that runs very low 11sec passes, so I dont need to alter my daily traveller to get my thrills out of dragging.
Shane, I am more than happy for you and your successes, and am looking forward to chatting to you at the park, but it's just my opinion that this has turned into childish banter that you see in the playground at primary schools.
For the third time.. DONT READ IT THEN.

Old 24-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #84
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
I'd rahter not say just yet as yet as we are just finishing off the first set of mods as we had planned originally and I'll have the full list and dyno comparison readouts put up in the next few days (probably when I get back from Sydney again next Wednesday). Then not only will I show what we did but the story that goes with them and a lot of the detail that was behind it.
I will say that there has been some great results, some interesting discoveries (not all of which will be released unfortunatly but some will be) and some in depth R&D done. My poor little car has been prodded and probed a fair bit, I dont think she will ever be the same again. Fortunatly this is just stage 1 too... stage 2 and 3 will happen as soon as possible.. thats where the fun REALLY begins.
LOL fair enuff man, can't wait for the end results. I gotta say tho, I am some what jealous you have all these goodies going on with your car man, I can't wait to get my ИИИИ permanently moulded to one of these bad boys.
Good Luck man.
Chur.
Api.
Old 24-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #85
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Interesting reading, is this the FIRST thread on this particular G&D Modification or has there been more that have been closed and removed?

Personally i think its great that your experimenting with your car and I am very interested in what you are doing / what outcomes you are getting, but at the end of the day whats the big deal with all the secrets? Are you trying to make this a big deal or what, anyone else here seems to be pretty forthcoming with their ideas and what they are doing, you on the other hand seem to have this little game.. If people are geniunely interested in following your car and your mods then maybe you should be a little LESS arrogant towards them and their questions....

How quick is this car now down the quarter mile, I would hope it would be mid 14's, specially considering there are some very MILD AUs doing high 14's.
Seriously tho, not so long ago you were all about how good JMM were, now it seems like G & D have taken your thunder... And this is no personal spin, just an observation from a VERY interested reader.
From what i have read on the forums i would have to agree with the " Seriously tho, not so long ago you were all about how good JMM were, now it seems like G & D have taken your thunder..."
But as for some people talking about the mods there about to do directly & Casper keeping us guessing a little that's just his approach & that add's a little more interest IMO.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
Old 24-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #86
normell

Quote:
For the third time.. DONT READ IT THEN.
Sorry, but I will keep on reading, 'cause every now and then something good comes up, IE the new air box setup, have already sent an eMail to Glenn, about the advantages of fitting one to my gas AU, looks promising ATM

See you in school :

Old 24-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #87
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Normell

Your user title does suit when you post.
Old 24-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #88
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How quickly these threads snowball into the never never land. I think what needs is a thread where poor Shane can post the progression of his mods through G&D. If people have a thousand questions about gains and advantages of the product, then wouldn't it be better to post them in the G&D section. i'm sure the guys at G&D would be more than happy to provide answers. Remember, Casper is just the cutomer. What he believes will happen, may not happen. The guys at G&D have all the data.
Old 24-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #89
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

All fair questions and I'll answer them.
Quote:
The original thread was removed after I posted up the results of the first mod, the airbox. Got a bit out of hand..

Quote:
The reason we are not releasing what we are doing at the moment is because we dont want to say "we are doing this, that and the other" and have people suddenly create unrealistic expectations. That puts undue pressure on us and then mistakes happen to try and achieve those expectations. This way its the other way around. We havent released what we are doing so people can specualte to their hearts content. In the mean time we are happily doing what we planned and getting the results we are after. Thats why its secret at the moment. So we can do it our way. So why is this thread even in existance? Because it would be near on impossible for me to keep totally secret that my car is at G&D for any more then 2 or 3 days.. no chance at 2 or 3 weeks. So I figured I'd have some fun with it in the interim.. of course some people cant handle that and like to demand that I tell everything and stop acting so secretive. I could of course simply say yes my car is at G&D, pic my car up in a week or 2, run some numbers at Calder and then say absolutely nothing about what was done to the car too... that way I'd never be accused of acting like I'm in a playgrond schoolyard.
I'm not being arrogant towards questions at all, just accusations and stupid comments. Very first post in this thread stated it quite clearly:
I'll post up results when I get it back for those that are interested. I WONT be discussing them in detail, what I post it going to speak for itself. I wil try to answer what I know but until I get an ET and MPH to compare it to I'll generally jsut state what it is and how it feels.
If people want to ask questions I will try to answer them. If I do not want to answer them as I do not want to create pressure on G&D to reach certain expectations then I wont.

Quote:
Fastest the car has ever done was a 15.024. As far as I know only 4 or 5 auto I6 NA Falcons have run in the 14's at all, none of them would be considered mild by a long shot. All are running cams, exhausts, shift kits, histalls, ECU tuners and at least 2 of them are running shortened diffs. So no, there are actually very few auto I6's running in the 14's and Mild is not accruate either. I believe the fastest auto I6 NA Falcon street car is currently 14.2x, Hamo is 14.30 and then a few in the 14.7-14.9 zone. The VAST majority of autos are well into the 15's at present.
That said, yes, I do expect to be running well into the 14's next time out given the right conditions. I also expect to be running considerably faster again by the end of the winter period finances permitting.

Quote:
I've made no secret of the fact I have changed performance tuners. JMM and I had a falling out and we chose to go our seperate ways. I approched G&D as I saw what they did to Hamo's car and they were more than happy to have my car as a customer car. The rest is history.

Old 24-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #90
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
All fair questions and I'll answer them.

The original thread was removed after I posted up the results of the first mod, the airbox. Got a bit out of hand..

The reason we are not releasing what we are doing at the moment is because we dont want to say "we are doing this, that and the other" and have people suddenly create unrealistic expectations. That puts undue pressure on us and then mistakes happen to try and achieve those expectations. This way its the other way around. We havent released what we are doing so people can specualte to their hearts content. In the mean time we are happily doing what we planned and getting the results we are after. Thats why its secret at the moment. So we can do it our way. So why is this thread even in existance? Because it would be near on impossible for me to keep totally secret that my car is at G&D for any more then 2 or 3 days.. no chance at 2 or 3 weeks. So I figured I'd have some fun with it in the interim.. of course some people cant handle that and like to demand that I tell everything and stop acting so secretive. I could of course simply say yes my car is at G&D, pic my car up in a week or 2, run some numbers at Calder and then say absolutely nothing about what was done to the car too... that way I'd never be accused of acting like I'm in a playgrond schoolyard.
I'm not being arrogant towards questions at all, just accusations and stupid comments. Very first post in this thread stated it quite clearly:
I'll post up results when I get it back for those that are interested. I WONT be discussing them in detail, what I post it going to speak for itself. I wil try to answer what I know but until I get an ET and MPH to compare it to I'll generally jsut state what it is and how it feels.
If people want to ask questions I will try to answer them. If I do not want to answer them as I do not want to create pressure on G&D to reach certain expectations then I wont.

Fastest the car has ever done was a 15.024. As far as I know only 4 or 5 auto I6 NA Falcons have run in the 14's at all, none of them would be considered mild by a long shot. All are running cams, exhausts, shift kits, histalls, ECU tuners and at least 2 of them are running shortened diffs. So no, there are actually very few auto I6's running in the 14's and Mild is not accruate either. I believe the fastest auto I6 NA Falcon street car is currently 14.2x, Hamo is 14.30 and then a few in the 14.7-14.9 zone. The VAST majority of autos are well into the 15's at present.
That said, yes, I do expect to be running well into the 14's next time out given the right conditions. I also expect to be running considerably faster again by the end of the winter period finances permitting.

I've made no secret of the fact I have changed performance tuners. JMM and I had a falling out and we chose to go our seperate ways. I approched G&D as I saw what they did to Hamo's car and they were more than happy to have my car as a customer car. The rest is history.
Fair enough, thankyou for your response, as i said im just as interested as everyone else in the outcomes. :
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Closed Thread