Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #61
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
OMG mate , are you a mind reader ! , that's freaky !. You hit the nail on the head , it was the Pakenham Drive-through, it wasn't you was it ? ..lol ( jokin).
I'm actualy 5 mins from Warragul, and it's been pretty tame down at the Warragul drive-through the last few months thankfully.

I still can't believe you nailed it on the head with the Pakenham drive-through , have you had problems there too is the past ?
Hahah, yeah it was me Nah not really, I'm 28..

Didn't think it'd be Warragul, I lived in Drouin for 3 years & most kids down that way we're nice, although I did have alot of issues with some P Plater Neighbours.

I live in Pakenham & grew up in the area so I know what there like around here these days, it was a small country town 15 years ago, these days its alot like Dandenong etc :(

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #62
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONXTV8
Well said!My 15 year old son was invited to a party last weekend and when i asked him why he didn't want to go he stated it was because all the other kids drink at these parties and he doesn't want to be a part of it.Made me very proud to see i have raised a boy with such standards.It begs the question though of how could a parent let 15 year olds drink at a party at there home?No wonder these kids are out of control.
Great post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have a 15 year old son who is not interested in parties or grog either. He wants a part time job to start saving for his first car. Yet I have mates who have let there boys start drinking at 14 and the boys are drinking twice as much as I ever could and getting blind drunk each weekend. To think that this current generation is going to breed, scary stuff............
Old 04-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #63
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Well done mate, too many would just ignore this type of event. Unfortunately racism is also a component of today's youth, often not discouraged by the older generation or Hollywood for that matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
i saw an incident todat at the shops that will definately change my mind on todays youth.

I was walking out the shopping centre going to go home, just about to cross the road to the carpark when to my left there were 2 young boys aged around 10 and 12 ( of "local" decent) were hassling a man of around 30 years old (of asian decent) threatening to kick his head in...

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 04-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #64
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its an ongoing thing I remember 9 years ago I was at a waterpark with my 3 year old there was a net between the deep area and the shallow area my boy went under the water. I am thinking wow he is holding his breathe for a long time he has never been under water that long I pop my head under the water there is an aboriginal about 12 years old holding my boys flipper so he cant get his head above the water . I grab the 12 year old by the hair and as I was going to the gym at the time so pretty strong pulled him up with one hand out of the water my boy pops up gasping for air and I say what the are you doing he say ayye hee got caught in de net ayye I told him if I saw him touch any more children he will be caught in the net tried to find any adults that were with him but there were none just a pack of mongrels from about 4 years to 15 years old
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #65
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
Its an ongoing thing I remember 9 years ago I was at a waterpark with my 3 year old there was a net between the deep area and the shallow area my boy went under the water. I am thinking wow he is holding his breathe for a long time he has never been under water that long I pop my head under the water there is an aboriginal about 12 years old holding my boys flipper so he cant get his head above the water . I grab the 12 year old by the hair and as I was going to the gym at the time so pretty strong pulled him up with one hand out of the water my boy pops up gasping for air and I say what the are you doing he say ayye hee got caught in de net ayye I told him if I saw him touch any more children he will be caught in the net tried to find any adults that were with him but there were none just a pack of mongrels from about 4 years to 15 years old
Ahh Townsville. How I miss it.

I fail to see what the little fool was trying to achieve by doing what he did. When you had him by the hair and out of the water, you should have told him to take a deep breath and shoved him back under and held him there for a time (say a minute, or when his struggles started to slow. Whichever came first) just to see if he liked it. Give him a taste of his own medicine.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #66
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I believe the "youth of today" are no better or worse than at any other time in history. It's just that it is our turn to deal with them, and we don't like it.

What some other people have said about the "youth of today", when it was their turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCRATES
"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesiod, 8th century BC
"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond
words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and
respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise
[disrespectful] and impatient of restraint"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Hermit in A.D. 1274
The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of
today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for
parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as
if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is
foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest
and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."
Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #67
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
I believe the "youth of today" are no better or worse than at any other time in history. It's just that it is our turn to deal with them, and we don't like it.
i would go close to agreeing with this totally. i think in general though each generation is getting less and less respectful, but then the generation that brought them up is to blame. i have read alot about discipline, both giving it and lacking it and to me most people seem to have the balance wrong. smacking the crap out of a child will do nothing to help them - just as letting them get away with everything will do nothing to help them

kids/people need boundaries, but consistent ones. for a long time now, parents have been giving too much or too little. the problem we have is that laws and societies expectations have become more relaxed and now kids can do whatever they want with no consequences

it is not the kids that are to blame though - it is the adults who were supposed to bring them up but were too busy with the latte's or ordering their kids to get their old man another beer
Old 04-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #68
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONXTV8
Well said!My 15 year old son was invited to a party last weekend and when i asked him why he didn't want to go he stated it was because all the other kids drink at these parties and he doesn't want to be a part of it.Made me very proud to see i have raised a boy with such standards.It begs the question though of how could a parent let 15 year olds drink at a party at there home?No wonder these kids are out of control.
I'm 18 but I'm the same, I've been invited to a lot of 18ths this year and I've only gone to one, which had about 150 people and everyone was drinking way too much, plus there was weed and pills being used freely, I got the bagged out of me because I was drinking light beer. That was the last one I went to, I'm the "loser" because I didn't go for the 15 year old chick who come onto me after I saw she had drunk 4L of cask wine earlier and was stumbling around me hitting on me and smoking.

I've had a job since I was 15 which has enabled me to afford my first car (new WS Fiesta) without the help of a bank and the most illegal thing I've ever done was download music and movies (which funnily enough carries more fines and jail time than assault), not once have I hurt another person. I've been brought up with morals and respect for everyone, but I bet, the moment I ever go to defend myself in some sort of situation, I'll be the guy who is in court getting bent over.

My generation really annoys me.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #69
FALCONXTV8
JUST CRUIZEN

Good stuff
Old 04-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #70
FALCONXTV8
JUST CRUIZEN

That's great to hear that you have become your own person instead of one of the sheep following the herd.My son will be starting an apprenticeship on tuesday so i'd like to think that he too will continue to stay on the right path.It's great to see that not all teenagers are obsessed with alcohol,drugs and violence.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #71
V8 FAIRMONT

Quote:
are too many youths who get everything they want without having to work for it.
that is absolutely why!!

to many parents racking up credit cards to get stuff for their kids, causes more problems than economic ones!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #72
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I am 26 and I never did anything like that. I don't have mates these days simply because drugs and hanging out partying was not my thing so I distanced myself. Also when we were younger we would go into the city and I was the only person not stealing ****.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #73
BA-Fan
Formerly SM0KED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixhc
THis story is all to common.

I taught Karate for 6 years and the general lack of respect that was shown by younger people when they joined was amazing.

What was a pleasure to see was the transformation of many of these young ones in to courteous, hard working students.
Well put. I beleive discipline is lacking in these times, but turning it around I fear what would happen if these misguided youth threw themselves at a '9th Dan' Ninja by mistake?

Old 04-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #74
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The few misfits who cause all the trouble and aren't scared of the cops because they know they will only get a slap on the wrist will one day become "victims" of vigilante justice. Out of the law abiding majority - more will break away and deal out their own justice in frustration due to the repeated lack of action by the legal system. The police will have seen it coming and the courts might actually wake up and deal out proper punishments instead of worrying about the offender's rehabilitation prospects first. Punishment first, rehabilitation second in the case of crimes against a person or property.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #75
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a 17 year old kid come in and abuse the out of me, and some of my staff.. he started on me, a few feet away and was quickly shut down, then from the safety of 15 odd meters started his abuse again.

Two days later he walks in, called the p***k straight over and told the guy if he ever spoke to me or my staff like that again.. before I could finish he quickly said he was sorry 20 odd times, before leaving with his head down. Weak as like most of these kids, all talk, another case of their s**thead parents not being around to bail him out as usual.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #76
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
The few misfits who cause all the trouble and aren't scared of the cops because they know they will only get a slap on the wrist will one day become "victims" of vigilante justice. Out of the law abiding majority - more will break away and deal out their own justice in frustration due to the repeated lack of action by the legal system. The police will have seen it coming and the courts might actually wake up and deal out proper punishments instead of worrying about the offender's rehabilitation prospects first. Punishment first, rehabilitation second in the case of crimes against a person or property.
We have a pest family, some thing I referenced to in my last post. This is family that continues to break the law, and parents who aid and mentor their derro kids in being simply, criminals.

Every example of these idiots being prosecuted ends with a sentence cut in half and dropped in way of rehabilitation. A first time offender, rehabilitation may be an option, it may have been a mistake, or a lapse of judgement or ' kids being kids ' so to speak, but when you're a serial offender with years of criminal activity.. rehabilitation isn't an option.

Such a soft system is breeding a generation of smug, arrogant little p***ks.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #77
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
I am 26 and I never did anything like that. I don't have mates these days simply because drugs and hanging out partying was not my thing so I distanced myself. Also when we were younger we would go into the city and I was the only person not stealing ****.
Same here, so you're not alone. I'm 25 and hell, I don't even drink either. The sheep will distance themselves from you or I because we choose to be independent and break away from the popular culture of binge drinking, drugs, recklessness and violence, etc.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 04-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #78
arlester

Unhappy

I myself am only 18 but I hold down a full time job and work as hard as I can. I drive a 2008 BF MkII and respect anyone elses property.

Unfortunetly some of my mates are not the same and have even had to have a go at them for doing things in my car like: smoking, jumping around all through the car while moving, feet up on the dash and on seats (with footy boots on) and throwing rubbish on the floor and not picking it up. The worst one i had though was a former friend trying to sit in the middle of the bonnet and jump up and down.

It is sad that the country is headed this way and more and more of our young teens are turning out this way and it is getting worse.

Thankfully i have no damage done to my car but there is no way in hell any of them are getting near it without me there.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #79
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25

Mate i work with this Irish bloke he's about 35, he was saying he has a photo of himself with 24 of his friends when he was 17, of the 24, 20 are either Dead from Drugs or in prison!!

I was sitting in HJ's a few months ago with a mate and his GF at about midnight and the place was full of drunk moronic 15-18 Year old's, Girls dressed like Prostitutes and the Guys dressed from Bogan to "I'm trying too look 24 but I'm 17"

What the hell are these kids parents doing, Yeah when i was young we would go to house party's, but i don't recall seeing girls with there Tit's falling out and walking around in Skirts that could pass as a belt or any Drunk Group sessions at HJ's before trying to get into Clubs!!

Me, my mate and his GF who are between 23-26 were sitting there like WTF is going on, They were all blocking the way out, I just got up and walked straight thou em
Old 04-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #80
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlester
I myself am only 18 but I hold down a full time job and work as hard as I can. I drive a 2008 BF MkII and respect anyone elses property.

Unfortunetly some of my mates are not the same and have even had to have a go at them for doing things in my car like: smoking, jumping around all through the car while moving, feet up on the dash and on seats (with footy boots on) and throwing rubbish on the floor and not picking it up. The worst one i had though was a former friend trying to sit in the middle of the bonnet and jump up and down.

It is sad that the country is headed this way and more and more of our young teens are turning out this way and it is getting worse.

Thankfully i have no damage done to my car but there is no way in hell any of them are getting near it without me there.
20 something years ago I had mates like that too in the last 10 years I have had them say to me when I occasionaly see them I wish I listened to you back then and didnt waste so much drinking also some of them now have quite an understanding of how you reap what you sow your actions today determine your future
Old 04-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #81
arlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
20 something years ago I had mates like that too in the last 10 years I have had them say to me when I occasionaly see them I wish I listened to you back then and didnt waste so much drinking also some of them now have quite an understanding of how you reap what you sow your actions today determine your future

Exactly and i understand that now but when I try to explain that I cop the whole: ahhhh you don't know what your on about. It's very very sad
Old 05-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #82
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Mate i work with this Irish bloke he's about 35, he was saying he has a photo of himself with 24 of his friends when he was 17, of the 24, 20 are either Dead from Drugs or in prison!!

I was sitting in HJ's a few months ago with a mate and his GF at about midnight and the place was full of drunk moronic 15-18 Year old's, Girls dressed like Prostitutes and the Guys dressed from Bogan to "I'm trying too look 24 but I'm 17"

What the hell are these kids parents doing, Yeah when i was young we would go to house party's, but i don't recall seeing girls with there Tit's falling out and walking around in Skirts that could pass as a belt or any Drunk Group sessions at HJ's before trying to get into Clubs!!

Me, my mate and his GF who are between 23-26 were sitting there like WTF is going on, They were all blocking the way out, I just got up and walked straight thou em
That is what I am getting at, how the hell do parents let thier kids walk out the door looking like they do. Even just to go shopping down the street.

Why are parents even letting thier kids just walk out the door without knowing where they are going and when they are so young anyway. I find it hard to believe someone can throw a house party with 150+ kids thier without some parents going "hang on, 150+ teenagers hanging around in a quiet neighbourhood with as much grog to give one stubby to every single solider we have oversea's at the moment. That's not right, whose house is it? etc etc"

Go find a group of nice young people who are polite, nice and kind etc. and ask them if they have ever been hit by thier parents, I bet %90 will say nope, not since age of about 7-10. It's how you manage them, can't give them a mobile one minute then say they are gorunded for a month after that.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Old 05-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #83
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Half the problem is they don't have respect for themselves.

I'm 21, and I tell you what, I'd be scared to act the way some youth do today purely because I know my old boy would kick 10 shades of poop out of me.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #84
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Half the problem is they don't have respect for themselves.

I'm 21, and I tell you what, I'd be scared to act the way some youth do today purely because I know my old boy would kick 10 shades of poop out of me.
And that's ok mate. You have been set boundaries and you know perfectly well what is expected of a normal human being. Alot of people in society today have no idea what boundaries are. They want something, they take it. They do what they please with little respect for themselves or others and are not at all concerned with the consequences as they need to be caught first.

Good on you for have a reasonable head on your shoulders. Keep it there. Hats off to your old man for helping you out with that and setting you up with good values and morals in life.
Cheers.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #85
michael_ozzie
Consistently Dusty

Agree with everything and everyone thus far, and until the parents can set a better example, and the police can enforce it (in public places anyway), then we can only expect this trend to continue, or get worse.

Just thought of a punishment, police escort them home, take their computer/xbox/ps3/flat screen tv etc, and take to it with a hammer. When they run out of things to destroy, fine them a price of a flat screen and destroy that in front of them. 3 Advantages here:

1. Help's police vent their frustrations at the court system
2. Parent/offender feels the pinch at the hip pocket
3. Boost the economy.

HD Tow Bar, Rear Airbags, Reversing Camera & Trans Cooler
Old 05-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #86
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_ozzie
Just thought of a punishment, police escort them home, take their computer/xbox/ps3/flat screen tv etc, and take to it with a hammer. When they run out of things to destroy, fine them a price of a flat screen and destroy that in front of them. 3 Advantages here:

1. Help's police vent their frustrations at the court system
2. Parent/offender feels the pinch at the hip pocket
3. Boost the economy.
Trouble is with that, is then the police are no better and it doesn't exactly give a good example...

Make the trouble makers do community service in the cancer ward of a hospital or something along the same lines...They'd soon change their tune.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #87
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Trouble is with that, is then the police are no better and it doesn't exactly give a good example...

Make the trouble makers do community service in the cancer ward of a hospital or something along the same lines...They'd soon change their tune.
Setting a good example. That's what I don't understand about hitting children to solve issue's of displicine etc.

Your just teaching the child that violence is a good way to solve things. Parents tell the children not to hit each other, then the parents themselves come and do it, well that's what to expect, and now because it's happening within our public sites it's soo much of an issue.

I think if the government can produce campaigns againist gambling, drinking, why can't they do the same around parenting. (Should do more I will add, I did see an ad campaign about violence in the family that had the kid copy cating what the parent was doing.)

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Old 05-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #88
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It really does make me cringe when I see so many examples of today's disgraceful social trends. Unfortunately I don't think there is simply one solution to the problem. As to how to tackle the problem.....well, I'm not to sure to be honest......

Some on here tend to think that a hard line approach to the problem might deter such behavior, however, deterrence theory assumes that people rationally choose to allocate their time between legitimate and illegitimate activities. The problem is the youths that we are talking about here seldom think rationally, often engaging in behavior they know they should not be.

We certainly do have a problem on our hands. As someone who is about to begin work as a lawyer I am beginning to think that my skills might best be utilized by working for the OPP in the hope that, by working with other like minded people, social change might be affected rather than trying to secure individualized justice.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #89
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddy200
Setting a good example. That's what I don't understand about hitting children to solve issue's of displicine etc.

There is a world of difference between "hitting" and a smack on the backside, i don't think anyone here would condone hitting a child.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #90
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

I was helping a friend deliver some furniture to his grandaughters, we had just finished when her 2 kids came home(boy13,girl 15). They started to badmouth their mother arguing and swearing etc, she was trying to speak to them and they just got more abusive. my mate tried to say something and they turned on him. I had to walk out of the place and sit in the ute.My mate reckons they carry on like this because the parents can't effectivly punish them.They know the parents can't do anything so they do as they like..Sad really..