Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Stick one of these under the bonnet....
Turbo 39 54.93%
Supercharger 32 45.07%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2005, 10:39 PM   #1
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Default The great decision..... convince me.

Well, by the end of this year I'm going to have to finally choose the path I want the VCT to go. Supercharged or Turbo. Style or power. Sound or performance.

Seems like such an easy decison to me, Supercharged all the way. Why? Because its different, because its oldschool, because it sounds glorious.

So why the decision now? Simple, POWER and COST. For all the sound and style, the supercharger on an I6 is neither as powerful nor as cost efficient as a Turbo. So now I'm stuck in a dilemma. Do I follow the Supercharger route, one that I have wanted for quite some time now....or do I go for the big ticket power of the common turbo? :

At the moment I'm 50/50. Considering the power levels of the turbo will, for 70% of the money, be closer to 20-30% more powerful, its hard to ignore. Still, the supercharger has me spellbound.

So help me out here with some pearls of wisdom folks. The style or the power?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 07-08-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post