Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #61
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
okay.. I can't help it. That article has a huge credibility problem. Since when in Australia do we have Police Lieutenants?? FFS, if they can't even get a simple thing like that right, what does that say about anything else in the article??
Yeah I know what you mean - it's an independent news website that reports stuff by everyday people, so it's not very well-written :hihi:

It did happen though, and it's interesting to me because this stuff is kept oh so quiet. Our media tells us what they think we need to hear and blocks out everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2005, 09:17 PM   #62
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I had a quick look at some of that Bindi...all I can say is if ppl think I'm left wing.
Then some of the comments on that site are...I'll be nice...crap.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #63
WeirdEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Seeing a lot of "our rights are being slowly eroded" type commentary here...

How so? Examples? Legislation that is impacting on our freedoms? And i mean the name of the act, not "i heard this and i heard that". And remember - this is not the USA, there is no patriot act.
OK. In my example above I was referring to Victoria's Racial and Religious Tolerance Act. What Heeno wrote earlier is illegal in Victoria. In fact, depending on which state these forums are hosted in, the moderators may be liable to prosecution under this act if a Moslem files a complaint. Is that a good enough example of "impacting on our freedoms?"
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #64
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
there is a way to stop terrorism in other countries....not going to like it but it has to be said, send the muslims back to their own countries, i know not all of them are terrorist's but how are we to know? we don't know and thats the hard thing about fighting terrorism, im not being raciest what so ever but its the only way to minimise the threat.

does anyone have any other suggestions?
Yes. The above should never have been aired in the first place...
Old 22-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #65
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Yes. The above should never have been aired in the first place...
I agree, we are supposed to be a democracy and therefore tolerant and accepting of other ppls right to practice their beliefs and if those beliefs are extreme and go against the grain of our beliefs,then something has to be done and we have the means to do that.

DO NOT THINK for one second that the Islamic belief condones violence...IT DOES NOT. It is the radical fundamentalists who are at odds with thier own faith.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 12:39 AM   #66
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
there is a way to stop terrorism in other countries....not going to like it but it has to be said, send the muslims back to their own countries
What about Muslims who are born in Australia? Where would you like to send them?

Sorry, what you are suggesting is pretty much the same sort of stereotypical ignorance that the extreamists (of all religions) use to justify their actions.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 12:52 AM   #67
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Its a pointless waste of time and money. Labor tried to bring it in and it was slammed, hopefully the same will happen if/when the Libs bring it in.

It wont help against terrorism in any way, shape or form.
When labour tried, it was slammed by Dept of Health on privacy grounds - so instead we got the Medicare card and a data sharing arrangement between Commonwealth departments such as HIC, Tax, HFS, FaCS and Centrelink. The card would just make an informal/less formal arrangement formal. Bring it on I say - It will lighten my wallet by a few cards.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #68
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You dont have to be Islamic, Muslim, or whatever to be a terrorist. Anyone remember Timothy McVeigh by any chance? Yes he was American and blew up the building in Oaklahoma. Umm what about the IRA aswell? And those Chechneyan rebels who held up that school?

The people who use religion as their excuse obviously dont know their religion because it condones any violence.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #69
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Yes I remember Timothy McVeigh... and there are oh so many other examples of others killing many people just because. What about the Unabomber? The Bosnians? Mugabe and his own people? The list goes on forever.

Just because they are extremist "muslims" (and they are not, imho, true muslims if they blow ppl up) does not make them special. This stuff has been going on since time immemorial - men make wars against each other over differences of opinion and each believes they are the right ones... the only difference now is the way the wars are being conducted.

Always remember the only link between Al-Queda and Iraq is the letter Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #70
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Yeah I know what you mean - it's an independent news website that reports stuff by everyday people, so it's not very well-written :hihi:

It did happen though, and it's interesting to me because this stuff is kept oh so quiet. Our media tells us what they think we need to hear and blocks out everything else.
if a pot smoking moron is an everyday person, then I agree with you :

As usual, people only want police to interfere in their life when it suits them .. but unfortunately it just doesn't happen that way. What you and I find acceptable for instance, will be different..so who is right? Anyway, I digress.

Coming from a law enforcement background, I find that in principle a national ID card would be great.. but I don't trust the government to use it properly.

As for the muslims, Extremist Muslims are to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 09:34 AM   #71
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

inter departmental exchanging of information already exists. how do you think the CSA gets income details to estimate payments? tax file number.
as said in a few replies already this id card will just tie all your information into one package and make it easier for some fatcat to get the goods.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #72
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
As for the muslims, Extremist Muslims are to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity.
Well said, that sums it up very well. There are nutcases everywhere, in all parts of the world and following all different religions. :(
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #73
WeirdEL

Quote:
That is complete and utter rubbish! The Koran itself teaches its followers to use violence if necessary. Forget the lies that "moderate" Muslims are using that Islam has nothing to do with violence. Look up the word "salaam" and keep reading to the part where Muslims are instructed to refrain from using this greeting of peace to Christians or Jews and even to "push them to the narrowest part of the road."

The KKK has nothing to do with Christianity. Most of what is labeled "Christianity" by people who present arguments like this is NOT Christianity. For the definition of what Christianity is look at the New Testament section of the Bible. "Love your neighbour as yourself" and "turn the other cheek" are the types of things you will read in the New Testament. Anyone who is not trying to do this is NOT a Christian, even if they like to call themselves that. Nowhere in the New Testament does it say that "coloured" people are in any way inferior to "white" people, so there goes your argument that the KKK are "Christian".

Contrast that to the Koran, which teaches that the infidel (that's you and me , brother) must be converted to Islam, by force if necessary. Christ teaches his followers to present the Good News in peace.

Last edited by WeirdEL; 26-07-2005 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Speling
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #74
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
What about Muslims who are born in Australia? Where would you like to send them?

Sorry, what you are suggesting is pretty much the same sort of stereotypical ignorance that the extreamists (of all religions) use to justify their actions.
well im waiting for a better solution, all the other terrorists named like the oklahoma bombing were done by very ****ed off people who had been screwed over, watch the documentries, i have.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #75
niko
likes falcon's

its called a tax file number ;) ehhehehehe