Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #61
FRA
Mr Focus

Picking up my 2.5" Cosworth exhaust tomorrow.

Also I have 2.3L race header for a Duratec that will fit on a 2.0L
Dyno 10hp and 10ft./ibs of torque on stock motor.
The header is 1 5/8" 4 into 1 with 2 1/2 collector, it has EGR. and 02 sensor hook-up. ceramic coated, comes with bolts and gaskets for flex pipe ( not incl)
$900 for the header
Anyone interested please call me on 0413315390
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #62
FRA
Mr Focus

Default Cosworth 2.5" exhaust is on my Focus

Finally put on my Cosworth 2.5" exhaust system with 3.5" polished power by Cosworth logo on the tip, I love the deep sporty sound and I found that the RPM from 700 and taking off from 0Km to 60km was a little bit quicker.
This Cosworth 2.5" exhaust is designed for the 2.3L Duratec in north America.
It was a b***h to get off the old exhaust and getting under the car, doesn't help in the front drive way...LOL
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Old 29-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #63
FRA
Mr Focus

Hi everyone
starting to carpet all inside of my Focus at the moment, it's mostly all going to be blue with black.
cutting the front bar this morning so that I can put my stock fog lights back in.
Going to start getting the mould done for the bodykit within the next 3 months
Adding a few more stickers on to the car.
I don't know when I'll be on again.
I hope everyone has had a good xmas.
Old 17-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #64
FRA
Mr Focus

Tomorrow I pick up my 4-2-1 long tube header, off-road MIL eliminator.
By late tomorrow afternoon/night it'll be on the car and other 8-10hp engine gain
I'm still waiting on my Pro M 70mm air mass metre, so hard to find as well.
So Melbzetec how many KW did you gain?

MIL eliminators prevent signals from the rear O2 sensors from unnecessarily triggering the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), commonly known as the "check engine" light, on all Zetec Foci equipped with off-road exhaust systems. The MIL eliminators leave the "check engine" light fully operational for all other functions, so the engine management processor can still send a warning signal if more serious engine problems develop. MIL eliminators are intended for off-road use only.

I should have a pic by the w/end.

P.S. I have a Cosworth 4-1 header and I am selling it for $700 + free shipping with free Cosworth window banner.
Old 17-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #65
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Here are the dyno figures from when I put on the 4-2-1 Hi flow cat and 2.5" flex

Topline:

5.6% increase in peak power. From 77.7fwkw to 82.1 fwkw

The big news is however, a big lift in torque across the range, and a flattening of the curve.

3200rpm: Old: 225 New: 302. Increase: 34%

4000rpm Old: 270 New: 297. Increase: 10%

4800rpm Old: 280 New: 308. Increase 10%

5600rpm Old: 270 New:292. Increase: 8.1%

6400rpm Old: 225 New:253 Increase: 12.4%

However, running rich and just saving up my pennies for an edit, which should extract more.

(p.s. Recently blew some of those pennies picking up some bargain priced Ford Racing Stage II Camshafts, and Ford Racing cam gears.More about that later)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #66
FRA
Mr Focus

Header is on at last but, ***** my cosworth exhaust is loud now.
Ford stock bolts are crap, had to go out and buy new bolts this morning.
Does anyone here know what type of KW gain I'll make with the exhaust????

I can only use stage 1 camshafts as stage 2 and 3 are designed for manual only but, the only way to get around this problem is to add a torque converter and input shaft kit.
Next is a 70mm throttle body, Zetec intake manifold, Zetec CNC"D aluminum head, stage 3 camshafts, camshafts gears, underdrive pulley kit.

This is what you'll get MelbZetec if you add on all of these parts to your Zetec engine
175 Hp @ 7000 RPM and 141.7 Torque @ 6000 RPM.
These numbers are from Ford Racing, it'll be like a SVT buddy...hahaha.
Onces I have all of my engine parts I'm heading down to OZ Racing in VIC and they're going to work on my whole engine.
P.S. anyone in Brisbane who wants a header, I'll put it on your Focus for free.
Old 21-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #67
FRA
Mr Focus

Just put on my Pro M 70mm air mass metre and the engine just turned over and putted for a few sec then dead.
I have to get race application 42 IBS./hr EV1 11-18ohms.
Old 21-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #68
FRA
Mr Focus

here is the link of the engine bay.
http://www.geocities.com/focusracing...tecengine.html
Old 23-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #69
photn
AFF Post NAZI

not a bad piccie....like the chrome...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #70
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I like the head lights, but I'm not sure about the rest of it. The wing is very big. : Actually, I do like the pics of the red focus on your car domain site. Any chance you have other photo's of that car?
I've got few more pic of the red focus if you want them?
Hey Mike B
Can you give me a hand on the 13 or 14 of july to put in the race application 42 IBS./hr EV1 11-18ohms and fuel rail and I'll get a box of cold 1's for ya buddy.

Here are some header's and exhaust prices.

OBX header 4-2-1 635.00. FR header 4-2-1 $521.73 and COATED VERSION…. $856
MIL Eliminator used with 4-2-1 header $59.60
Borla exhaust by FR
ZX3 $671.8 and ZX4 $776.48

I've just ordered the 70mm throttle body and intake manifold and underdrive pulley kit, I hope these parts come in before the AFF dyno day.

P.S I'll be ordering the Cosworth D-Power cold air intake system as I need max air flow, So my Steeda cold air intake will be up for grabs in the next month or so. So PM me to make me a offer.
Old 24-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #71
Zetec_170
Zetec_170

Hey Rob,

In regards to the polyurethene body kit, My kit is polyurethene kit and I took nearly a month to get on the car. The guy who put my kit on had the reps from spies hecker come and look at it to advise him on the best way to prep and paint it. As far as fitting it goes mine is mechanicly fixed (i.e. Screwed and botled with the aid of some custom made brackets) with black sica-flex in the seams. The end result is one of the best fitting jobs for a bodykit I have ever seen. The only reason your paint will crack is if the kit is flexing due to poor fixing. Gimme a call and I will refer you to the fella who did mine.

P.S. Fiber glass body kits are what you want to stay away from.
2002 3 Door Zetec Coupe, 18" BMS Multispokes, Sports Muffler, Kingsprings, Wings West Avenger 4 Piece Body kit, and an ST170 write-off which will be donating its Brakes, interior, suspension and gearbox to my Zetec.
Zetec_170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post