Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #61
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Karma bites back. I am most satisfied now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
So you used to do the exact same thing you are moaning about,you are an a grade hypocrite....
The people you are whinging about are young and stupid like you used to be,end of story!
Using the 90s as an excuse for you idiotic behaviour is a joke.
People do stupid **** and learn from it like most do.
I used to do all kinds of skids everywhere in the 90s,you don't hear me crying about hoons these days lol

Are you a complete idiot?? I said that doesn't condone it and I said I was scared straight

Thats also why I spoke to the dick heads dad

Did you ever think you could lear by others mistakes???

no your too ******* stupid your post confirms that
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #62
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should I just leave this here

Skids never go wrong

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by The Yeti; 03-04-2016 at 03:01 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #63
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
I can understand that,the only difference between now and then is the hoon laws and penalties,you cant personally judge people more harshly now than back then,they are commiting the same acts,thats my point.
I got done doing 143km in an 80 zone on leach hwy donkeys years ago,all I got was a $350 dollar fine and 6 points,no big deal,very dumb though,these days I would have a line in the local paper...
I don't do stupid stuff anymore and although I don't like young blokes doing skids in my street I just have to stop and remember that I was a bloody clown once with no thoughts for others around me...

DID I say I was pro hoon laws??? you said you were anti young blokes ripping skids, yet you have the cranks at me for talking with the guys Dad??? WTH

Would you prefer I take it to the Po Po ???

Old 03-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #64
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
The high pitch of a rotor doing x amount of revs is ORGASMIC.
FTFY
graphicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #65
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
Are you a complete idiot?? I said that doesn't condone it and I said I was scared straight

Thats also why I spoke to the dick heads dad

Did you ever think you could lear by others mistakes???

no your too ******* stupid your post confirms that

Hypocrite is what you are,so because you were scared straight that means you weren't still a ******* idiot for doing it?
Hypocrite in the first degree!
"yeah I was a ******** in my youth and used to do skids but I refuse to tolerate ********* these days doing the exact same thing" that's what you are saying!
That is a straight up hypocrite yeti...

Last edited by STINKY NINJA; 03-04-2016 at 04:09 PM.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #66
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
DID I say I was pro hoon laws??? you said you were anti young blokes ripping skids, yet you have the cranks at me for talking with the guys Dad??? WTH

Would you prefer I take it to the Po Po ???
Why not take what I said out of context so you can get up on your soap box again lol
Old 03-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #67
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Buzz killington strikes again;)
Old 03-04-2016, 04:16 PM   #68
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No no your just an **** hat

As you were

Old 03-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #69
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I hope those young guys come back tonight and do a huge skid on your driveway while you are having your evening prune juice or what ever old farts drink thesedays haha
Old 03-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #70
STINKY NINJA
Banned

All I wanted to see was some cool footage before I got sidetracked.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #71
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I struggle to inderstand you stinky, I really do

You admit you drove like a ****** and have now grown up

Good I'm glad to hear it

But your ****ed at me because I did the same but now also try to help others sort their **** out

You and I were lucky lots of people are but lots of others arnt

So you want to hear of a friend you yours injuring or killing them selfs or one of your mutual friends? Do your want one of them to have their future destroyed because they took out an innocent pedestrian?

I haven't skiched the police on them I did what the off duty police guy did for me, I worked for me and I hope it worked for the kid round the corner.

Call it a soap box, call it what ever you life. But how would you feel if it were one of your friends or family?????????

I suspect you wouldn't care because it's the dick heads right of passage to drive like one in your opinion

Here's some cook footage you came by

Check out the red pick up about 1 min 20 in

http://youtu.be/8htnuZ2VAE8

3 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #72
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the link Yeti. Most entertaining.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 05:24 PM   #73
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I Laughed at it, not enough to put my prune juice through my nose mind you, but a chuckle all the same

7 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #74
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Should I just leave this here

Skids never go wrong

What a stupid place to build a fence.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #75
Jess1992

There's an old saying they used to have in prison, snitches get stitches.
Jess1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2016, 08:33 PM   #76
lgpking22

Its a very odd argument somebody use to drive like a douche bag there for future generations are ok to do the same? The problem with this issue is you risk hurting and killing others and it will never be ok to take that risk simple as that really if you wanna jump of a mountain with no parachute more power to you stick your tongue in power sockets least do it outside so i dont have to move your body, inject drugs in a toilet least have the decency to leave the door unlocked so ambulance workers dont have a hard time getting your dead body out nobody would really gives two ***** have a nice funeral. But when what your doing risks others then because you use to do it isnt an excuse for others to.
lgpking22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 10:43 PM   #77
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your average new Falcon had 120-130 something kw 25 years ago. Young people drove even older Falcons & Commodores with less power than that (unless they could afford a V8, and the insurance to boot, or drove it uninsured or with only 3rd party).

Nowdays cars that young people are getting into are much more powerful, and in most cases mush newer than the cars previous generations drove. Your average 4 cylinder commuter has more power than a carby XF!

Affordability (and finance) is also much easier now than it was for previous generations too.

Yes, there were stupid people in every previous generation, but it took a lot longer for the cars to reach speeds fast enough to do the catastrophic damage we so commonly see in the media these days. Because of the lack of grunt, it was also much harder to rip a burnout in most cars (although traction control & anti-abuse modes limit this somewhat these days). And don't forget we lived in much lower densities back then, than we do now, so there was less chance of wiping out a string of parked cars or groups of people. People also feared the cops, and their parents - a big factor that has all but vanished in the last 20-25 years.

The difference back then was like a monkey with a pistol, compared to monkeys with machine guns now.

But nothing justifies any stupid behaviour behind the wheel - be it a young guy doing a burnout, or a middle-aged sheila chasing someone down in a road rage. You'll never stop burnouts & crazy speeds completely though, and there will always be a proportion of young people need who to get it out of their system before they can grow up (and some never do).

Hoon laws won't stop it. The serial hoon doesn't care if he loses a $2000 mid 90s rear-drive burnout machine - he'll simply buy another one when each one is impounded. Education isn't the answer either - the road safety campaigns aren't working on the minority groups, as anyone who has been caught up in the - "unofficial fast & furious australia filming on a freeway near you" - will attest to.

I think only shock tactics, like Yeti has touched on, will really hit home with these guys. These shock tactics could be exposure to road trauma, or it could be their own accident - hopefully a single care MVA with no innocent parties or property hurt in the process.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2016, 04:59 AM   #78
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1992 View Post
Yeah yeah yeah what ever

I this case I'm preventing him from them so what ever

If I snitched to the Po Po fine but you and your BFF stinky don't get it so what Evs

Don't do it it the front of my place where my kids are and I don't care what you hit or which one of your mates you name or kill that's your issue

2 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2016, 05:15 AM   #79
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Your average new Falcon had 120-130 something kw 25 years ago. Young people drove even older Falcons & Commodores with less power than that (unless they could afford a V8, and the insurance to boot, or drove it uninsured or with only 3rd party).

Nowdays cars that young people are getting into are much more powerful, and in most cases mush newer than the cars previous generations drove. Your average 4 cylinder commuter has more power than a carby XF!

Affordability (and finance) is also much easier now than it was for previous generations too.

Yes, there were stupid people in every previous generation, but it took a lot longer for the cars to reach speeds fast enough to do the catastrophic damage we so commonly see in the media these days. Because of the lack of grunt, it was also much harder to rip a burnout in most cars (although traction control & anti-abuse modes limit this somewhat these days). And don't forget we lived in much lower densities back then, than we do now, so there was less chance of wiping out a string of parked cars or groups of people. People also feared the cops, and their parents - a big factor that has all but vanished in the last 20-25 years.

The difference back then was like a monkey with a pistol, compared to monkeys with machine guns now.

But nothing justifies any stupid behaviour behind the wheel - be it a young guy doing a burnout, or a middle-aged sheila chasing someone down in a road rage. You'll never stop burnouts & crazy speeds completely though, and there will always be a proportion of young people need who to get it out of their system before they can grow up (and some never do).

Hoon laws won't stop it. The serial hoon doesn't care if he loses a $2000 mid 90s rear-drive burnout machine - he'll simply buy another one when each one is impounded. Education isn't the answer either - the road safety campaigns aren't working on the minority groups, as anyone who has been caught up in the - "unofficial fast & furious australia filming on a freeway near you" - will attest to.

I think only shock tactics, like Yeti has touched on, will really hit home with these guys. These shock tactics could be exposure to road trauma, or it could be their own accident - hopefully a single care MVA with no innocent parties or property hurt in the process.
Even shock doesn't work all the time and what shocks me may not shock you

And it seems will get me stiches

The other thing on the same line as you were saying in the 90's most of us couldn't afford much past an XC or HZ so the kW of a V8 back then was well below that of a current falcon or commodore it wasn't until VR commodore when their wiz bang SV cracked 185kw

Yes ABS and air bags are there now but I would rather have them in case of emergency rather than stupidity

Old 04-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #80
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1992 View Post
so, if anyone rips off your house/ car / dog, I guess we won't be seeing you plastering images all over FB asking for help then?

I know the area where Yeti lives & its a magnet for all the local numpties. If that thing appeals to you, great - but a public road, or near other peoples houses is not the place (ever noticed these people never do this stuff in their own areas?)

I was always taught by my dad that a licence is a privelige, not a right, and a car is a 1 tonne lethal projectile.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown

Last edited by hawkgirl; 04-04-2016 at 12:39 PM.
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2016, 01:46 PM   #81
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

See the funny thing Hawkgirl, (you would probably know this but others wont)

So before others grab there torch and pitch forks let me elaborate a little

in the streets surrounding my house there are at least 3 people who compete pretty heavily in Burnout comps, one even has their own practice pad, these guys ARE NOT the problem, you rarely see their cars in their drives much less on the road (I think Ive seen one on the road and that was to sneak it round the corner to another place to go on a transporter to some event. Yes I know thats not legal but they weren't driving like a dick from what I could hear and as they went past my place so I don't care

On occasion one of there mates might rip a skid as they leave one of their friends homes but I can tell you they only ever do it once becasue these guys don't want trouble with their neighbours. it might be a rural area but its still very much a community and they don't want to **** off the neighbours.

In one of my lines of work I got to a lot of MVS's and get sent alot of images from these, but I wont post them as they are disturbing to most people with any sort of reasonable take on reality.

BUT this photo was taken by me about 3 km from my house at a job the driver and passenger had already been extracted and both parties survived

The car was traveling at an excessive speed around a corner it left the pavement and the outside wheels went over a concrete combing over a rural bridge (no rails or lead ins as such) the engine / trans rolled back into the drivers compartment trapping both occupants, the driver had fractures to both lower legs and other injuries (now walks with a permeant pronounced limp) I cant remember how the other guy finished up but I know it was non life threatening as the car sat waiting for emergency services a small fire started (while both occupants were still trapped by confinement fortunately there was a guy mowing his lawn at the time who was quick thinking and called 000 and got a small fire extinguisher out of his car and tended to the fire.

Had this been a different time of the day this could have all ended very badly

It seems Ive been pretty lucky lately and I think its been 3 or 4 weeks since we've had a dick trying to prove himself out the front. but at any time over the weekend there could be people in mine or my neighbours yards, kids riding their bikes to their friends places (I wont let my kids do this any more for fear for their safety) hell we even have couples in their twilight years walking hand in hand down to the shops for a coffee (about 2km from my place) and irresponsible bogans will cut sick in the intersection.

I suspect others don't have to put up with this out the front of their homes, I know when I lived 5km away I almost never did. and I also think Stinkys O well I was young once attitude would be very different if once such dick have driven through his fence or as I said before they had had to deal with the people trapped after it goes horribly wrong. (if they've never done it no amount of words would explain it especially with some one so high and mighty)

Anyway I've just come back from the bank and I noticed these around near the bus stop.

As you can see I'm not talking about a quick skid

This is a bus stop that is in use every day and through out the day with buses going to an from the train station, but most importantly kids hop on and off the bus here every day yet the some of the smart locals think its an awesome improv burnout pad

Even when I was young and stupid I never did it in these sorts of places, and never till the tyres burst, never trying to reenact burnout masters in single spinner diffs (I shelled out for a limmo to start with I would have been too embraced to do a single spinner) but apparently its OK becasue we were stupid once

Last edited by GasoLane; 04-04-2016 at 02:36 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #82
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dunno whats more stupid here?

the ones advocating ******** drivers, or the ones reacting to their comments.
falcon_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #83
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
dunno whats more stupid here?

the ones advocating ******** drivers, or the ones reacting to their comments.
Or the ones who feel they’re superior to both.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #84
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Don't do it it the front of my place where my kids are and I don't care what you hit or which one of your mates you name or kill that's your issue
This is the only issue in this discussion for me.

I don't care either what they do, just go somewhere where you're not annoying the crap out of people who want to live in reasonable peace.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #85
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Burnout before driver's brother, 13, killed in car crash near Wagga Wagga: police

18 Date April, 2016
Megan Levy

A 19-year-old driver allegedly performed a burnout before his car overturned in the Riverina region of NSW, killing his 13-year-old brother who was a passenger in the vehicle, police say.

The driver allegedly did not have a licence and was driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle when the crash occurred at The Rock, a town about 30 kilometres south-west of Wagga Wagga, about 2pm on Sunday.

Inspector Peter Robertson, from the Wagga Wagga Local Area Command, said officers were called to Vincents Road at The Rock to reports that a white Ford sedan had lost control and rolled onto its roof.

Police and paramedics arrived to find the 13-year-old had died.

Paramedics treated the boy's older brother for minor injuries, before taking him to Wagga Wagga Base Hospital where he underwent mandatory testing.

He was then arrested and taken to Wagga Wagga police station, where he was charged with negligent driving causing death, performing an aggravated burnout, driving unlicensed, driving unregistered and driving uninsured.

Inspector Robertson said the brothers, from Wagga Wagga, were the only people in the car.

"In relation to how the crash occurred ... we're still piecing it all together," he said.

"We've had the crime scene out there [at the crash scene] during the night. We believe speed may have been factor, and we're investigating the manner of driving just prior to the crash."

Inspector Robertson said Vincents Road was a rural stretch of road that passed through farmland south of The Rock, a small rural community on the Olympic Highway.

The 19-year-old was refused police bail and is due to appear in Wagga Wagga Local Court on Monday.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/burnout-be...17-go8kgd.html
Old 18-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #86
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've said my piece earlier, no need to go over it again.

I feel for everyone involved, the 13yo who will never grow up to experience all that life has to give, the parents, who have not only lost a son but it was at the hands of another son. the 19yo who will regret these actions for the rest of his life. the fact that he was apparently unlicensed un registered and uninsured is relatively immaterial, they will simply amount to charges on the sheet.

And then on to the EMS workers who had to clean up this senseless mess then go home to their families who probably involve kids the same age who have also done stupid things in their time and will no doubt do them in the future.

Last edited by The Yeti; 18-04-2016 at 02:39 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #87
FPV0137

I live in a semi rural area on 5 acres. I personally love hearing the skids all weekend! And when I get sick of it, I close a window and the noise goes away.
And at the price some of us get tyres, we'd be stupid to NOT do skids!
It's the right place, just choose the time. I wish I could see more people doing skids on my street lol
The GT doesn't leave the property without warming up the tyres, and there is at least 200m either side of the road before I need to worry about hitting a house, person or car. Fences and poles, maybe not so much room...

As I keep telling my family... As long as I don't take anyone with me, ill be going with a smile on my face

In saying that, if there were actually places I could go to do this legally in wa, I would be all over that every weekend with all my mates. The one at the local drags has a 6 month wait for entries
Any private burnout pads in wa?
FPV0137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #88
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
But back then, the average falcadore had awful rubber, awful suspension, no stability/traction control, and the cars were way lighter. My EF could fishtail at the drop of a hat, my BA far less so, can only imagine how much less tail-happy an FGX or VF six would be.

I used to drift my EF all over the shop, wet or dry. The best I see from the kids in their VE commodores these days is a bit of inside rear spinning up. Maybe thats the problem, to get the tail right out, you have to really go overboard, and thats where the trouble begins....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #89
FPV0137

The newer commodores also automatically apply the brakes to help the car straighten itself up. If you're not expecting it, that will also ruin your day.
FPV0137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2016, 11:12 AM   #90
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
And I just heard one of the volunteer emergency workers had their private vehicle vandalised while they were at the Incedent

Charming