Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #61
LUXO_8
windsor user

gee guys, if you cant see that its a VERY similar upgrade to when BF went BF2, you really are blind

new bar, lights, guard bling,interior bits, and colours, and an all new model coming in 2010..... its a nice update i think... front looks good
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #62
BlackLS
yum

Do you think in 2010 the Territory go the way of the Adventra?

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #63
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im not a fan of the new look, its too small in the front.
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #64
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Do you think in 2010 the Territory go the way of the Adventra?
If you mean it will get killed off... no.

Not yet...will live to at least 2013.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #65
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
new bar, lights, guard bling,interior bits, and colours, and an all new model coming in 2010..... its a nice update i think... front looks good
I don't think there will be an all new model in 2010, just a more radical change in conjunction with the introduction of Euro IV engines. Ford doesn't have the cash right now to be making an all new Territory 6 years into it's life. The last falcon ran for nearly 10 years.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #66
Tobey
BF Ute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
gee guys, if you cant see that its a VERY similar upgrade to when BF went BF2, you really are blind

Mate, i think they are all blind as bats, if you cant see this is a minor update, because in less than a years time there will be a whole new model then your an idiot.

There is no point revising the whole line with new motors/chassis/interiors before the 2010 update, as it would have to go through the full testing routine and everything else that goes along with a new model.

Not to mention the motor would have to be Euro 4 compliant which I don't think Ford has finished yet.

Before any more bagging goes on, how about you all have a think about what is going on.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #67
Paxton
Cobblers!

I find it surprising they didn't call the Territory range TX, G6, G6E and G6E Turbo. I was under the impression Ford were done with Ghia.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #68
kocho
The Futuriser

Ahh, but then again, this is still based on a B series. Perhaps that will come in the next update.

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #69
LUXO_8
windsor user

^^ i was just going to say exactly that..... it will come with the next series...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #70
Mansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Interior is unchanged, except for different colours/finishes.
:
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #71
BionicGT
Living in GT Nirvana

Given its meant to be a facelift only and taking into account the financial crisis hitting the auto industry (with GM now talking of going bankrupt) , I'd say its a fairly decent effort.

At least it has new wheels
BionicGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #72
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Hardly a facelift, but in reality they don't have alot of $$$ to spare at the moment.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #73
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Another opportunity wasted by Ford.
People wonder why they're not selling. It may be a good car but it looks 5+ years old already.

Another nail in FoA's coffin.
Old 27-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #74
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

not even a nip and tuck on the rear....and at least some change in the interior?....wasted opportunity!
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #75
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I like it. I like the older one. I would like to have one as the family car. I don't like the amount of whining done here!

If it was the new model, then the sharp critique in this thread would be totally justified, but clearly it's not. It's a little bit of a face lift, until the new model gets here. Gee!

My 2 cents worth!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #76
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by profi
im not a fan of the new look, its too small in the front.
WTF? How can you not like a simple front bar update? It's not smaller in the front at all, in fact i'd say the front bar is slightly bigger. It's just a sportier and more modern BF style look.

The damn thing has barely changed and people still find something to complain about!
Old 27-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #77
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

We have had a TT Ghia since new in 07 (wifes car - I'd have to have the turbo) and in that time covered 55+ thousand km's including a stint through the outback with a trailer. It has been very reliable with only one small niggle (I don't even remember what). But to put in perspective It has been better than the BF that proceeded it.

Those who are commenting without spending some time behind the wheel of ant TT should do so it it great car compared to the likes of a Prado.

I have had the pleasure of seeing one of the facelifted cars in the flesh and I like it. Yes it's a facelift in the vane of BA to BF not an overhaul like AU to BA. But in the flesh the bits & peices work well. The ivory interior is nice. I'd have one.

Remember folks the market leader in these segments is Toyota with it's LandCruiser/Prado/Klugers all of which run on an 8 to 10 year model cycle. And how old is the Pajero? But if Ford dare to run 6 years on a model that redifined a segment you lot are all critical.

My 2c
Old 27-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #78
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
WTF? How can you not like a simple front bar update? It's not smaller in the front at all, in fact i'd say the front bar is slightly bigger. It's just a sportier and more modern BF style look.

The damn thing has barely changed and people still find something to complain about!
Saw one a while back and didnt like it, honestly i was about 20m away

Ill have to gown to the motor show and see if it the same in the flesh
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #79
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I am glad they didnt take any sports design hues from that hideous FPV Ford Territory! The ghia does look nice....
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #80
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Diesel - will come out with the new model...not an upgrade if it does eventuate.
Not True it can be introduced to this model and was started to be designed a while ago before they made a silly decision to delay it.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #81
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt

6 Auto - why? Having a 6 on the higher spec models makes them worth the premium.

Because we are not in the 90's anymore the 6 auto uses much less fuel and the opposition has 6 Auto, Try to get people to buy the upper model while they walk out and buy another brand instead makes good marketing sense according to you?
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #82
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I wouldn't choose the new Territory over the old model. Five years for an update that is so subtle....probably wasn't even worth it.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #83
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok then, subtle. perhaps they could have saved a feww bucks not tooloing up for a new bonnet. That seems to be the least noticebale change
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #84
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When was the last time a new model ford was released that wasnt greeted in this forum by howls of. "its ugly. it doesnt look different enough, ford have lost the plot, i was waiting to buy one but now will buy a holden/toyota/ferarri" etc. Every time... every time.,

next will be the whinges from people who have bought 08 model of how "this is another slap in the face to current owners by ford, thouands of dollars of resale value lost, i will never buy another ford. etc etc"

its all so very reassuringly predictable.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #85
Windsor220
Now Fordless

The auto industry has almost collapsed becuase of the financial crisis. The fact that Ford released anything was a good effort considering a new model is out next year.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #86
Turbotory
SYTTG

All I can say is at least my SY still looks like the current model... Not a fan of the new alloys either.
Turbotory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #87
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Ford only spent $10 million on this, which considering they have absolutely next to no money to spend at all means a job well done for such a low cost. To do a new bonnet, front bar, headlights, taillights, wheels, grille, mirror mounted indicators and interior fabric and trim upgrades for 10 mil is a good effort. New engines will come next year with the Euro 4 upgrade, and a sneaking suspicion we might see some news on the 4 speed auto front due to DSI going bust soon.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #88
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ford only spent $10 million on this, which considering they have absolutely next to no money to spend at all means a job well done for such a low cost. To do a new bonnet, front bar, headlights, taillights, wheels, grille, mirror mounted indicators and interior fabric and trim upgrades for 10 mil is a good effort. New engines will come next year with the Euro 4 upgrade, and a sneaking suspicion we might see some news on the 4 speed auto front due to DSI going bust soon.
10 mill is pretty cheap considering the tooling cost for those parts alone.
@ approx 1000 units a month over 24 months they'll need to recover $400 per car just to cover the update cost alone.

Old 28-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #89
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
Not True it can be introduced to this model and was started to be designed a while ago before they made a silly decision to delay it.
The diesel would have come out ages ago but got canned by Gorman, then brought back. The mules are out there, but there would be a few factors stopping the model coming out.
While it would have been a good time to bring the diesel out (as diesel is cheaper then petrol at the moment) I assume Ford would want to do it on the new model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
Because we are not in the 90's anymore the 6 auto uses much less fuel and the opposition has 6 Auto, Try to get people to buy the upper model while they walk out and buy another brand instead makes good marketing sense according to you?
Then have the 5 speed for the rwd and the 6 speed for the AWD. The sales of 6 Speed auto's has gone down since the 5 speed come out as its a good auto and the upgrade to the 6 speed is not worth it for the lower spec models.
Old 28-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #90
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Personally I think Ford have done rather well when you think realistically, and consider how little they can spend on it.

After all, they could of made a real balls up of it, they could have made it look like a Kluger!