Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #61
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The article says the car will be crushed. Nice to see anti hoon laws actually working the way it should. But it took video footage to get the job done. I just hope that when his car is crushed, it's recycled into beer cans. So I can enjoy the fruits of his labour.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #62
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The worst thing is that some genuine enthusiasts have been trying to get a track facility setup in Adelaide for some time now.

The SA Government have reportedley said that this type of facilities will encourage people to perform these idiotic acts on public roads. This brain dead moron may have actually delayed or diminished SA's chances at getting a track.

I truly hope this isn't the case for people in SA. Those of us that have drag strips and circuits in there state and near their homes may take it for granted. But I feel for the genuine enthusiasts who need a track, only to have selfish, arrogant, pathetic little tossers like this scum, who spoil it for others.

Crush his car with him in it, I say
Old 08-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #63
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Bucknaked - Not taking down the licence plate it most of us are saying he/she could have definitely done. You defending him seem to gloss over that and go for the controversial 'should he/she have put themsleves in the line of fire' part (to which my answer is yes, that is their job).

--

Car Enthusiasts need to voice their plight, and with it their views on what should be done to people who make a bad image for the rest of them by acting like real hoons (and media picking them up as representation of all car enthusiasts),and never let that word on hoons depart from their cause. never allow media to take what they want and create their own context without giving wind to the rest.

In another way of saying it, it needs to be said just as Muslims speak out against extremist behaviour by a small few in an abnormal representation of Islam. It's the same thing, except we're so busy defending ourselves that we're not assembling and voicing ourselves to take positive action towards the problem, and against stupid hoon discrimination and etcetera.

It's the same deal.

Last edited by Kamshaaft; 08-03-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
The worst thing is that some genuine enthusiasts have been trying to get a track facility setup in Adelaide for some time now.

The SA Government have reportedley said that this type of facilities will encourage people to perform these idiotic acts on public roads. This brain dead moron may have actually delayed or diminished SA's chances at getting a track.

I truly hope this isn't the case for people in SA. Those of us that have drag strips and circuits in there state and near their homes may take it for granted. But I feel for the genuine enthusiasts who need a track, only to have selfish, arrogant, pathetic little tossers like this scum, who spoil it for others.

Crush his car with him in it, I say
Well if your bid for a motorsport facility is to have any credibility you need to Distance yourself from any association or correlation between illegal street activity like this and off street motorsport...
Even trying to say a motorsport facility will reduce illegal street activity is saying there's a relationship between both which will KILL your bid or image of proper motorsport enthusiasts.

IMO off street motorsport facilities have absolutely no effect on reducing illegal street activity.

NSW and VIC have just as many issues as anywhere else in Aust including SA, Bendigo is the "hoon" capital of vic and Heathcote is 20 min drive from there! Shep is second worst and DECA is IN Shep!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #65
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamshaaft
Bucknaked - Not taking down the licence plate it most of us are saying he/she could have definitely done. You defending him seem to gloss over that and go for the controversial 'should he/she have put themsleves in the line of fire' part (to which my answer is yes, that is their job).
Where did I say that I am defending him. I never mentioned anything about taking down plates, putting anyone in the line of fire. Maybe you should re-read my post again before pointing the finger at me saying I am condoning his actions. : : : : :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
The article says the car will be crushed. Nice to see anti hoon laws actually working the way it should. But it took video footage to get the job done. I just hope that when his car is crushed, it's recycled into beer cans. So I can enjoy the fruits of his labour.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #66
Kamshaaft

I agree with your first part 4vman, very much so. Second part? Well I'm glad you said it was just your opinion, because if you claimd it as fact you'd be wrong mate. IIRC Quit Motorplex is/was the shining star of examples of taking a huge whack of hooning off the streets.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #67
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I agree with your first part 4vman, very much so. Second part? Well I'm glad you said it was just your opinion, because if you claimd it as fact you'd be wrong mate. IIRC Quit Motorplex is/was the shining star of examples.
Shinning example of what though?

Not reducing illegal street activities im sure.. maybe promoting off street motorsport?
Promoting responsible off street motorsport is great but it wont get the idiots off the street who refuse to pay for motorsport and cars wont pass scrutineering anyway.
They get the buzz from doing it illegally in front of people, not in controlled environents.......

Old 08-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #68
Kamshaaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Where did I say that I am defending him. I never mentioned anything about taking down plates, putting anyone in the line of fire. Maybe you should re-read my post again before pointing the finger at me saying I am condoning his actions. : : : : :
Sorry, when I say you defending him I'm throwing a quick net over all arguing in the cops favour yet failing to mention the lack of notation of number plates or other courses of action which COULD have been taken, and safely so. Not just you you. I'd go so far as to say arresting him on the spot would be safer than letting the idiot continue to drive around with a now hugely inflated ego and over confident right foot, feeling invincible to authority. But going as far as THAT would purely be opinion vs opinion, and hihgly controversial (and the situation wouldn't really have any wrong parties, so the point is not particularly worth arguing). I'd be going off on a tangnet there. Anyway mate, you get what I mean now.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #69
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Dude has handed himself in.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/police...-1225838268044
Hope he like buses and trams.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #70
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry, when I say you defending him I'm throwing a quick net over all arguing in the cops favour yet failing to mention the lack of notation of number plates or other courses of action which COULD have been taken, and safely so. Not just you you. I'd go so far as to say arresting him on the spot would be safer than letting the idiot continue to drive around with a now hugely inflated ego and over confident right foot, feeling invincible to authority. But going as far as THAT would purely be opinion vs opinion, and hihgly controversial (and the situation wouldn't really have any wrong parties, so the point is not particularly worth arguing). I'd be going off on a tangnet there. Anyway mate, you get what I mean now.
Oh ok. No worries. Just for the record. I' don't condone this sort of behaviour. I'mn glad he got caught and how ever it happened, it's a good win for the authorities. If he gets his car crushed, then it's great to see that Anti hoon laws do actually work.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #71
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Well if your bid for a motorsport facility is to have any credibility you need to Distance yourself from any association or correlation between illegal street activity like this and off street motorsport...
Even trying to say a motorsport facility will reduce illegal street activity is saying there's a relationship between both which will KILL your bid or image of proper motorsport enthusiasts.

IMO off street motorsport facilities have absolutely no effect on reducing illegal street activity.

NSW and VIC have just as many issues as anywhere else in Aust including SA, Bendigo is the "hoon" capital of vic and Heathcote is 20 min drive from there! Shep is second worst and DECA is IN Shep!!!
Not my bid at all. I live in Brisbane. Have run Willowbank, done laps at QR and Lakeside. I'm one of the lucky ones. My post was regarding the enthusiasts who have been unsuccessfuly lobbying for a dragstrip in Adelaide. The Government appears to believe media reports that all enthusiasts are hoons.

This 1 idiot could jeopidise their whole cause.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #72
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Not my bid at all. I live in Brisbane. Have run Willowbank, done laps at QR and Lakeside. I'm one of the lucky ones. My post was regarding the enthusiasts who have been unsuccessfuly lobbying for a dragstrip in Adelaide. The Government appears to believe media reports that all enthusiasts are hoons.

This 1 idiot could jeopidise their whole cause.
With respect to those pushing for the SA facility IMO i think they've gone about it the wrong way...

Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #73
Kamshaaft

Quote:
Shinning example of what though?

Not reducing illegal street activities im sure.. maybe promoting off street motorsport?
Promoting responsible off street motorsport is great but it wont get the idiots off the street who refuse to pay for motorsport and cars wont pass scrutineering anyway.
They get the buzz from doing it illegally in front of people, not in controlled environents.......
Actually mate it has. It had massive impact on suburbs such as Kwinana. Ask anyone from that region late nineties - mid 00's, or try find some info on it.

They used to have a big board in the Kwinana hub (shops) at one of the police outposts that had statistics all the time, and there were a few statistics printed now and then on it all in cooperation between the West Australian and the WA po-po.

It took a LOT off the street. Kwinana streets usd to be 3 inches thick in rubber and you'd see hoons doing burnouts or people stupid speeds literally every day. Not all, but a HUGE bit of that behaviour there and surrounding suburbs began to evaporate after the building of the Quit Motorplex and many off the street activities. It's considered a major win against road tolls and the as yet to be coined hoon driving problem.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #74
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
With respect to those pushing for the SA facility IMO i think they've gone about it the wrong way...
I don't know anything about how they have gone about it.

I read about teir plight in Street machine magazine.

Either way, there seemed to be some genuine people that really would have benefitted from a track. As I said before, idiots like this tool, spoil it for everyone.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #75
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Will his car get crushed or do they need to be caught doing hooning activities three times before this happens?

I must say I understand it was a stupid act, but did have a laugh at his expense.

I dont think a track will detract people like this from doing stupid things on our roads, but at least if we did have street drags and burnout comps here once a week, there is then absolutely NO excuses for this type of behaviour on Adelaide streets, and then I could understand making penalties for these acts harsher. We used to have such a good venue here, all as to my understandings stuffed up by Bob Jane not wanting to do anything with it, including selling it to others to set up. Its a long road ahead..
Old 08-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #76
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty funny the 500 point turn the cop had to take to get that tank turned around
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #77
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
Will his car get crushed or do they need to be caught doing hooning activities three times before this happens?
I must say I understand it was a stupid act, but did have a laugh at his expense.
i'd say he used his 3 goes at once. Proceed to crusher, Do not pass GO, Do not collect $200.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #78
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I, as a young motorist (24) can vouch for the merits of an off street facility.

For me, and my mates seeing as we wanted to test our mettle and see what our machines could do, arranged to go to Western Sydney International Dragway for a wednesday nite off-street meet. Needless to say, not only was it entertaining, it was educational too. Almost every bloke I spoke to in the pit paddock was there for a safe night out, to test his or her machine, without the risk of the street being involved.

As far as we were concerned, $50 bucks each for the use of a safe, purpose built facility, for up to six runs on the night, was money well spent. We saw it as an investment in our driving careers (so to speak) where racing each other and ourselves was condoned and legal, rather than risk lives and licences on the street.

As people have already quoted in this thread, facilities like Kwinana in W.A and Willowbank Dragway in QLD have proven to give people otherwise labelled as "Hoons" (I HATE that word) the opportunity to be a sportsman, if only for a night.

In closing, it's just a shame this bloke didn't have the maturity to restrain himself. If I had to have walked in his shoes, and had a facility (like WSID) available to allow this kind of driving (if you want to call it that), you can bet I'd have used it. Shame that option isn't on the table for Adelaide. If it worked for Sydney, Brisbane and Perth....... why the hell not Adelaide? :
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #79
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

right... yes lets crush his car for doing an almost stationary skid.

yes wrong place/wrong time but FFS alot of you on here have your head so far up your own ***** 4Vman bad rep me all you like but being a self righteous fool doesn't do you any favours.

yes its illegal, no it doesn't warrent the CRUSHING of someones car, the car didnt do the skid the moron that decided that was the correct place to show off was... there are far worse things in the world then 2 black lines down a street that were done at about 2km/h, alot of you need to get some perspective.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #80
GEZZA93

idiots like this stuff it up for all of us.

Im a L plater who has loved cars all my life and have desided with my brother to make a deadicated burnout car to enter at shows by the time i get my p's. so i can do burnouts safely and legally with out getting into trouble. its my way to keep me safe and everyone safe and prevent me from doing stupid stuff like this on our roads. from making a burnout car i can get my car junkie hit safely leagaly and everyone is happy and i will not have the erge to do this kind off apaling behavior on our roads

other then that the driver is a complete **** head in my thaughts. and deserves to be punished hard.

if you cant do it safely and legaly then you need a bullet and be taken off the road pernametly

xf falcon xe motor in the build hopefully 250-300 hp/na pure deadicate burnout car
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #81
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D

yes wrong place/wrong time but FFS alot of you on here have your head so far up your own ***** 4Vman bad rep me all you like but being a self righteous fool doesn't do you any favours.

yes its illegal, no it doesn't warrent the CRUSHING of someones car, the car didnt do the skid the moron that decided that was the correct place to show off was... there are far worse things in the world then 2 black lines down a street that were done at about 2km/h, alot of you need to get some perspective.
Amen, with ya 100%
Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #82
zdcol71
zdcol71

It's a pity, in my opinion, that the camera wasn't also turned on to all the other "hoons" in the crowd that were whooping and woohooing (that horrible yankee Jerry Springer sound effect) so that we my be able to not only shame the jackass doing the burnout ,but all the other morons in this,(and dare I say it, every other) crowd, that seems to think nowadays this is pretty cool
Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #83
barnz_xr8
Turbo 358W

burnouts are cool have you people herd of the muscle car era thats y you are all here thanks to illegal street racing cars like the gt ho charges and toranas thats what built the car culture that you love !!!!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #84
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:

Yes it does warrant the crushing of his car!! and the moron doing it should also probably have one or two of his other assets crushed while they are at it. The only thing worse than the 2 black lines down the street are the 2 black lines flanking the hearse on the way to the funeral when the morons foot slips and he ploughs into the crowd of cheering morons whooping it up.... oh sorry! ,there is one thing worse,... when he ploughs into an innocent passerby!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #85
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Yes it does warrant the crushing of his car!! and the moron doing it should also probably have one or two of his other assets crushed while they are at it. The only thing worse than the 2 black lines down the street are the 2 black lines flanking the hearse on the way to the funeral when the morons foot slips and he ploughs into the crowd of cheering morons whooping it up.... oh sorry! ,there is one thing worse,... when he ploughs into an innocent passerby!!
Post like these make laugh abit. What will crushing his car achieve?? The next time this happens the moron will DEFINETLY do a runner, and WON'T hand himself in. Putting MORE lives at risk. Get some perspective.
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #86
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
how about we crush you because your an idiot?

the hoon law starts and stops because people are so blinded by the mantra that there is ALWAYS something going to happen, despite the fact that it hardly ever does, id be more concerned about the pensioner parking their car at the front of a restaurant than him doing a skid, there has been more people killed/injured in recent times by those twats mistaking the accelerator for the brake than there has by a car doing less than walking pace spearing off into a onlooking crowd.

like I said, get some PERSPECTIVE then have your cry, emotions don't count for fact.

so when you whinge about getting ur car crushed for exceeding 3000rpm from a set of lights you ONLY have yourselves to blame, the fact its the laws are already starting to bite those who thought it was a good idea... lambo in WA, or the dealership in WA with the MINI ring any bells....

Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #87
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnz_xr8
burnouts are cool have you people herd of the muscle car era thats y you are all here thanks to illegal street racing cars like the gt ho charges and toranas thats what built the car culture that you love !!!!!!
In the right area, they may be cool!! And no, that is not why these cars were built. So you could go down the main street in front of your mates and believe you are cool because you can smoke the tyres without loosing control?

Can imagine the hierarchy at the time. "Lets build a HO so people can do burnouts and look cool" Lets not think about the other reasons they were built ..... Bathurst must be a blur for some!

Any way, thats what I think you were saying?

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #88
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
how about we crush you because your an idiot?

the hoon law starts and stops because people are so blinded by the mantra that there is ALWAYS something going to happen, despite the fact that it hardly ever does, id be more concerned about the pensioner parking their car at the front of a restaurant than him doing a skid, there has been more people killed/injured in recent times by those twats mistaking the accelerator for the brake than there has by a car doing less than walking pace spearing off into a onlooking crowd.

like I said, get some PERSPECTIVE then have your cry, emotions don't count for fact.

so when you whinge about getting ur car crushed for exceeding 3000rpm from a set of lights you ONLY have yourselves to blame, the fact its the laws are already starting to bite those who thought it was a good idea... lambo in WA, or the dealership in WA with the MINI ring any bells....
They ring all the bells, just like the ones I'm hearing from your belfry. I can promise you, it will not be me whinging about getting my car crushed, but I suspect the hydraulics are getting a little too close for comfort for you!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #89
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Its great for people to have opposing views as it makes for good discussion .... its just the way some express their views to others that's disappointing. If people were face to face they wouldn't talk that way but in front of a key board it becomes a different matter.

Keep things civil ...........

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #90
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

yes yes they are.. considering Ive never been done for hooning, nor would I do what he did, that being said I stand by my posts 100%.

as for civil, I was... its called realism.

Last edited by UNR8D; 08-03-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Closed Thread