Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #61
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
Let me ask you a question if you do decide to fight the matter in court, what will your answer be to the judge when he/she asks if infact you where speeding ?? remember you will be under oath, and believe me, a third mistake may cost you a lot more.
Good point. The policeman will probably have a tape recording of the conversation when he gave the ticket. If the OP admitted it then he is gone.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #62
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
even though i knew i was speeding 68 detected speed fined for doing 65 in a 60 zone
65 in a 60 zone, that must have grated you bones... :
aussie muscle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #63
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
65 in a 60 zone, that must have grated you bones... :
yup it did but i was lucky he didnt get me a bit earlier as i would have got done for 75+ in a 60

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #64
kezzer

Fight it, the government stings us for $$ at every opportunity, 'manning' up has nothing to do with this. Whats so manly about bending over for the government?
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #65
tce
BA WAGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Pro Tip: Do something like this:

That is a standard form they just change the name and infringement number.
The infringement letter is a legal document and if it is one part not correct it is invalid.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #66
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

^Exactly. Which is why you don't inform them so that they can correct it.

If there were some serious stuff ups in teh papers sent out to you, or they wrote the wrong time down and you had an alibi, that's when you MIGHT go ahead and write back, and be as cheeky as you like. I know I didn't ake myself popular in this thread, but my advice is worth looking into, I promise.
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #67
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
What a load of rubbish!

For a start, the breaking of traction is why I have traction control. If it was to happen and a cop was to see me, I would cop it on the chin and not give the cop BS.
Some of us dont have cars with T/C. Like my 94 fairlane!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #68
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Pro Tip: Do something like this:
Good ol Kiwi sense of humour - love it.

For those taking the moral high ground and suggesting the OP own up, pay the fine and not write in to "try" and get it waived - would they be the same people who, if they found a $100 note on the pavement, would hand it into the police as a lost item??

Last edited by GT0132; 09-03-2010 at 09:20 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #69
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
if you know that it was you that was speeding and it is merely an administration error - just man up and pay the damn fine already.
that would be silly. there are a few simple things they need to have done in order to have issued a valid fine. they failed - why should they get rewarded for it?

how ******** are government departments when we want something out of them and we dont fill out their stupid paperwork to their liking?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #70
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
disrespect for authority is the reason for the mess society is in.
creating a system where you're fined for exceeding the limit by less than the width of the speedo needle.... i consider that a disrespect for society by the lawmakers.

if they want to treat us as idiots, then we have the right to expect them to never put a foot wrong.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #71
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
So if someone was to murder a member of your family, leave no evidence and leave the police with no suspects. Then that person manages to confess to the murder but that confession is not admissible due to a technicality, is that then ok because it is a "good thing to get one over the system, they do it to us"?
the courts would have no legal right to imprison this person even if they wanted to be imprisoned.