Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #61
Sundeep
Banned

Can't agree more about the idiots and their disrespect for the law etc. that has been covered. They can do burnouts without the attitude.

We all must agree though, the VL with the Internationals doing the huge burnout was ****ing sick!

Oh and the EF Fairmont with a NF grille is a regular at the CCC cruises, I see him all the time in Hawthorn as well. Bit of a ricer, his painted the grilled in his bar blue :yeees:

Sundeep

Last edited by Sundeep; 28-04-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #62
dzynafalcon
Grafik Dzyna

that VL doing the burnout was in the safeway carpark in chapel street wasnt it? theres some nice cars getting around there. would be P!SSED if some
d!ck crashed into my car while doing a burnout or something stupid.

those who disrespect the law deserve more than what they get. lock em up, take their keys and maybe let them out after they have been made the bed-buddy of a large, sweaty, sex-starved bald man.
dzynafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:39 PM   #63
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fire
I've been told the same thing. I was talking to a cop at a car show & I had a little dig at him about the "random" checkpoints they conduct every year that just happen to coincide with Summernats.

His response? "Those guys aren't real cops, they're just bullies & revenue rasiers. Real cops hate those guys. Hell, they even hate themselves".
yep you just have to go into the city during summernats in canberra and no doubt you will see someone getting pulled over. but its rarely entrants who are causing shit its all the usual cars that come into the city on the weekend. its just that cop numbers are in their masses then. ive even heard stories such as unmarked cops driving modded cars, egging people on to race then booking them. i dunno if its true but i wouldnt put it past them.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #64
LTDHO
The one and only

If I say those Lebo's should leave our streets, am I racist?

There is a guy here at work and he feels discraced by those kids on TV. This is not what Australia is for. As someone above said, the Lebonese have it better here and then act like this.

What P!SSES me off the most is that Mr Average Citizen sees this and says all people sho do up their cars are hoons and act like this. It is hard to sepparate us from them.

In cases like this I completely support cars being taken from the driver and Dismantled then sold of as parts. No point selling it complete for some other kid to buy cheap and street race!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #65
EFFalcon
Last warning

i agree, repeat offenders...
pinch the cars.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #66
VZSS250

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
In cases like this I completely support cars being taken from the driver and Dismantled then sold of as parts. No point selling it complete for some other kid to buy cheap and street race!
What you do not understand is this:

the cars these "hoons" drive may not belong to them. They might belong to their parents, or it may be the car their whole family depends on. In this way, the law will punish innocent people.

If you want hoons off the street, then take their licence!!!
VZSS250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #67
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I think that if they talk back, and the cops give them a verbal warning then, and they don't shut up, take their keys there and then and confiscate the cars.

If they want the cars back, they must pay a fine, as well as towing and holding fees.

Repeat offenders should have the cars taken again, stripped down and sold off in parts. Too bad if they want the car back, they've already been told once.

It's dickheads like these that give the rest of us a rotten image.
Old 28-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #68
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

i always thought you could be charged for verbally abusing a police officer?
I know any time i've ever told a cop to 'f#ck off' (I've only done it when i was being harrassed), they've replied "you know i can lock you up for that don't you?"
I could never be a cop. If i got abused like that i'd go nuts and start smashing faces...

as for providing drag strips for them, they'd never use them coz their cars are slow peices of shit and they can't drive.
Old 28-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #69
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

What these idiots don't/won't understand is that owning or driving a car is a privelage not a right. If they can't/refuse to use it or drive it in a reasonable manner then they don't deserve to, full stop.
LTDHO, calling a "spade a spade" isn't rascist, facts don't lie neither are they biased.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #70
SinisterHorze

Exclamation Hot Air!!!!!

Thre Current Affair story, like most 'reality' based stories, is that they are write to incite discussion and portray some as the victim and someone as the "baddy"
In this sense we all hate the "baddy" because it's ingrained into us. They play upon our emotions. Shows like this have in the past sensationlized a problem, just to get a response. Potentially, If you want a problem fixed or solved or more sympathy for your case, then get Ray Martin on the horn. Coz' whether it's legal or illegal, he's there for the ratings.....
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #71
dzynafalcon
Grafik Dzyna

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZSS250

the cars these "hoons" drive may not belong to them. They might belong to their parents, or it may be the car their whole family depends on. In this way, the law will punish innocent people.

if its not their own car, then the owner has 48 hours to claim the car, give reason why they let that particular person behind the wheel, and a fee has to be paid to get the car back. if not claimed within 48hrs, then it is put up for sale. money from its sales goes into getting more police on the roads patrolling instead of hiding behind trees with radar guns.

taking their licenses doesnt stop them. they just keep doing it regardless of the fact they dont have a license. its time to get drastic. im sick of being labelled a Hoon because of those morons
dzynafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #72
mattlea1

Has anyone ever been to an impound lot and seen some of the cars that get confiscated there is a lot of crap there but there is some really nice stuff last time i was there i could see a VY Clubsport R8, LH Torana with tubbed rear, and some very nice WRX and Skylines etc
mattlea1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #73
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think they need to have a live forum on 60 minutes like they did with the truckies. they had truckies, union representatives, and families. they need to do this with car enthuiasts, the police and residents. i really do think it would be a good idea. its at least worth a try
Old 28-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #74
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Ditto. Can't say I've ever had a cop be a smartarse to me in any of the car's I've driven, even after being caught doing stupid things.
Yep, absolute same. Every copper I have come into contact with has always been polite and nice. The cop who caught me driving unrego'd was a bloody legend!

So I have nothing against the cops at all as they have never given me any reason to think any less of them.

And just let me point out that some of you on here need to learn anger management skills... _2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #75
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Maybe we hate the baddy because we have seen first hand morons like that.Not because its ingrained into us.If someone talked to you the way that guy talked to the copper I think you would take his block off like I would.
Useless, you and I are in areas where there are a majority of these nationalities that cause trouble. I can honesty say first hand that these people (the younger ones anyway) aren't just acting like that coz they're on tv, they're acting like they do because they are disrespectful and have no regard for others. People don't get bad raps for nothing...

Someone needs to set an example that if you act like a tool then you get punished.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 04:35 PM   #76
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Yep, absolute same. Every copper I have come into contact with has always been polite and nice. The cop who caught me driving unrego'd was a bloody legend!

So I have nothing against the cops at all as they have never given me any reason to think any less of them.

And just let me point out that some of you on here need to learn anger management skills... _2:
yeah well a lot of us have been ****ed off by cops and untill you have been in the same situation you cant know what it is like and you to would be ****ed off they harassed you (not having a go im just stating that fact). yes there are good cops and theyre are good cops. ive been pulled over by some good ones and they have been fair but ive also been pulled over by assholes who have no legitimate reason to do so.
Old 28-04-2005, 06:01 PM   #77
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Useless, you and I are in areas where there are a majority of these nationalities that cause trouble. I can honesty say first hand that these people (the younger ones anyway) aren't just acting like that coz they're on tv, they're acting like they do because they are disrespectful and have no regard for others. People don't get bad raps for nothing...

Someone needs to set an example that if you act like a tool then you get punished.
Just remember also there are many of "Aussie" nationality - being white, blond/brown hair, bogan that live in areas of Sydney and ark up at the slightest chance too... Macquarie Fields anyone?

Western Sydney anyone? No one ethnic group is solely to blame. It's VL Turbos, WRX's or Excels depending on where you're from and what nasho... all that differs is the wing size...
Old 28-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #78
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Maybe they needed to turn the camera's off and have some cop nightstick justice with the hoons.
Agreed.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #79
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

For cases such as the VL doing burnouts in the carpark (I didn't get to watch the episode), the fines these drivers have to pay should be put towards placing bollards in these carparks so that there isn't an open area, yet everyone can still park. And if they wanna drift? It'll take 'em a while to get back out of the carpark, with all those bollards to negotiate! How silly would you look, stuck in the middle...

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #80
Charbs
AKA ChuBBz

bloody stupid lebos thats what it is

(im leb i can say it)
Charbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #81
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Apparently they are doing a follow up story tonight.

Will be interesting to see what else they have to add.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #82
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
bloody stupid lebos thats what it is

(im leb i can say it)

LMAO Yeah you tell em.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #83
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Just remember also there are many of "Aussie" nationality - being white, blond/brown hair, bogan that live in areas of Sydney and ark up at the slightest chance too... Macquarie Fields anyone?

Western Sydney anyone? No one ethnic group is solely to blame. It's VL Turbos, WRX's or Excels depending on where you're from and what nasho... all that differs is the wing size...
That's true. ******** mentality and behaviour isn't restricted to any particular ethnicity, but the fact remains, in Sydney at least, this kind of behaviour is more prevailent in certain areas that have a majority population of a select few backgrounds. The sad thing is that it reflects badly on them as a whole, when naturally there are truly good people of the same nationality living right next door.

Others have said it, but it comes down to basic respect. If that is not taught (and enforced!) by the parents, irrespective of background or culture, then you will be left with a generation of arseholes like on the ACA story. The only way for them to learn is tough justice, they are too stupid to work things out for themselves, they are too stubborn to listen to anyone trying to help them, and ultimately, they will only learn with the toughest possible lessons. I for one am happy to dispense said lessons. :
Old 29-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #84
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZSS250

It doesn't matter whos car it is.

Did you know if you lend a car to someone you still have to be responsible enough to allow this person to use the car lawfully!

If a kid goes out in mum old VL, the mum should be smarter. It's the parents that don't care it will alos effect! If she finds out hthe police have taken her car from car and sold it, then maybe she will be a better parent!!

I'm sick of kids making us car enthusiasts look bad. This is why we get picked on. We are already in the 'Hoon' basket. :evil3:
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 11:07 AM   #85
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

some points about that ACA report i would like to bring up:-

how did the murder that happend 2 weeks prior in the same area have ANY relivance to that story what so ever... there was no even explanation as to why that was put into the story and no further mention of it in the rest of the story?? wtf was the editor thinking.

Yes the lebs and all the other yobbos were being dickheads no doubt, i have met some and yes from what i have encountered a small monorioty of cop's bringing on the hate and abuse from being arseholes just because they can. dont get me wrong majority of the QLD police are great but some just DO NOT deserve their jobs as members who should PROTECT and SERVE our community as is proudly displayed on the insignia/logo.

I have been taken to court for calling a cop a ****head, and even to this day will not back down from the fact that he was, and wont back down from the fact that i will not appologise to him, call me arrogant/pig headed but he didnt deserve a job on a pig farm let alone be an officer of the law, to add to that there were no charges layed and i went to court stated my case, even got an appology letter from the officer involved in the incident, so it kind of ****ed up on his behalf to give me a court notice HE GOT OWNED!

your right though, those cop's didnt deserve the abuse that was given, the taunts etc, but do u even think for just one second they were on their BEST behavour because there was camera's there?? do u think the lebs were doing that shit to show off because there were camera's there??? think of it from that angle, yes it was wrong im not doubting that for a second but just step back and really think about what the media was trying to portray and think of how they went about doing that story...

To add the comment from the reporter 'Every car that even has slight modifications is being pulled over, and defects issues' sounds to me like they were being their nomal overzellous, dictatorship tactics to get back at not only the dickheads but any of us that has so much as an exhaust on their car..... GO OUT and do some real work that shit just ****es me off, as we all get caught up in it, i need my licance for work and i could do with out the constant harrassment ever weekend i want to go out for a cruze.... ever think of that???

and to those that have pm'd me:P it was NOT my fairlane drifting and hitting the au, yes i have damage to the same side and all but mine was caused by a spanker on the freeway wanting my lane, not being being stupid LOL. ohh yea i live in QLD not syd.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #86
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

UNR8D, I get the feeling that you have been hard done by. I too have been hard done by in the past and over time you will get over it. For your information, the highway patrols job is to target people such as those on ACA. They are RTA funded but all the non highway cops "GO OUT and do some real work..." I love going for cruises too and there were times when I was harrassed every weekend by the cops and RTA/EPA. You just learn that cruising with those who bring attention to everyone else soon gets you into more strife so in the end you just need to find better company.
Old 29-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #87
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

I think that UNR8D has some very good points.
I'm sure that there are some excellant police out there. But No where near enough. Knee jerk reactions of pulling over every modified car that drives by is no different to laying a trap and not caring if the prey you catch is guilty of the reason for the trap or not. Set a net out for tuna and if yo catch a shark, turtle or dolphin who cares. The police that lay those traps are usually sent out with orders to search anything and everything thier heart desires on the road. If you happen to come across a cop with an attitude (may have had a bad night) and react (don't talk to me like that) then you can expect a fine and a possible canary even if you didn't deserve it. Seen it done plenty of times before.
If i order red rooster i expect the girl/guy behind the counter to look at me. If i speak to some one on the street i look at them. If a police officer speaks to me i expect to have some eye contact. Is this wrong. Out of the experiences that i've had i have been unlucky enough to encounter very few of the quality cops out there. I will admitt there have been instances that i have been happy to have been pulled over by the particular officer. Even come across a officer/car enthusiast that understands. But only too rarely.

ACA better adress the link to the Murder part in the follow up tonight.

YAW: May i ask you your age? I am 25 and have driven late model modified Fords since i got my licence. If your unlucky enough to need to call the local police station where you are. Or happen to drive into a police TRAP maybe you'll see more of what i've seen of the different teams.

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #88
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

so what was the link to the murder?

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 01:18 PM   #89
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Didn't say, I don't think.
Old 29-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #90
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only link I could draw was that after the murder, the police saturated the rocks area. Some old fart was whining about cars speeding in the rocks all the time and said that since the police blitz in the area a number of "hoons" have been caught.

It is an extremley weak link and I don't think it had any relevance to the story what so ever except to brand hoons in the same class as drive by murderers.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post