Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #61
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Are they air vents or drink bottle holders !.(cup holders are sssoooo nineties!)

A lot Better than it was and now looks a little more upmarket (not hard).
Designed only to hold Maccas Coffees.
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #62
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBomb3000
When ford released the XR6 Turbo it smoked the boss motor but they did it anyway, don't see why it would worry holden. Not to mention that their current V8 offerings are way ahead of the 2002 spec boss in performance terms.
Like ED Classic said "At Ford we are pretty easy going like that but with them being used to so many decades of only V8's they would have a marketing nightmare"

It just wouldn't work for them. They are seen as the V8 car company, Ford aren't as much
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #63
Outback
Banned

Well I for one has to say the new styling of the commodore make the FG look like its from the 50s I mean whats with the suitcase door handles on the FG.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #64
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback
Well I for one has to say the new styling of the commodore make the FG look like its from the 50s I mean whats with the suitcase door handles on the FG.
HAHAHAH you can`t be seriouse
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #65
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i think it's about time this troll got banned
Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #66
Outback
Banned

How am i trolling when i own a XA GT COUPE and XY GT, the XC was the last of the real fords from the 80s til now there all rubbish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ford5.jpg (74.1 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Outback; 08-06-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #67
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair enough, every single post i see from you is bagging out fords looking for a reaction mate, just took it on face value.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #68
Fireblade
Wizard Member

I actually agree to a certain point with Outback, IMO the styling of the FG is nowhere near as good as the VE, I am not so one eyed that I think that only Ford make good cars, I really like the VE except for the handbrake, I have never seen something so useless. The VE styling is muscular much like the B series styling was, the FG styling is fairly bland even into the FPV's, the only one I dont mind is the G6E's they have an upperclass look suited to the idea of the car.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #69
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Can't really see whether they have thinned down the A pillars which has had alot of adverse comment in the past on the VE.

That handbrake, certainly hope they've changed it. But the rest looks a bit awful really, assuming the RH drive will mirror the LHD. Probably best to wait to see the real thing.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #70
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Those complaining about the handbrake, what's the objection to it?

Granted, in the photos it's pulled up twice as far as a decently adjusted one would, but you'd have to be 3' tall to have the same perspective as that photo.

Personally, I think it's miles ahead of the look and integration of the FG handbrake but in all honesty, it's not something I even notice unless someone makes a stink about it.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #71
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Let me ask you mate, you are comparring the new styling of the new Commodore to the FG and you make reference to the FG door handle's, how can you even be taken serious when the only pic's we see here is of a susposedly inside view of a susposedly new Commodore, but yet you say it is more stylish and make's the FG look like it's from the 50's (your own word's) I don't see any pic's from the outside of this new Commodore to be able to make a remark like that, what would you do if they end up like the FG's !!!!!!!!
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #72
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Each to there own opionin, but even with these changes (which areally arn't much), the Falcon is still miles ahead.. The Commodore still looks very dated if you ask me.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #73
JimNiki
71Mach1

My next door mate is a sargent with a traffic division. He brings a different car home every 400 km (3 days). This is how they test them prior to putting them into active duty. He hated the VE and loved the Ford.
Got the webbing on his hand caught in the handbrake many times when putting it in its driving position. Also didn't like the logic of the controls. He finds the Ford electronics much more intuitive and user friendly. The VE has actually put him off Holdens.

On a personal note, I read somewhere that ebrakes should be automatic, eg: you put the car in park or turn the engine off and it automatically engages. I thought, how obvious, why haven't they implemented this years ago.

My wife's the worst with ebrakes. She'll angle park on a slight incline downwards, put it in Park, take her foot off the brake until it clonks and then put the handbrake on!
Then when it's time to reverse she complains that it's hard to engage it in reverse.
I just sit in the car shaking my head in disbelief while she laughs...women!
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #74
Corzza

So basically they will be getting the Pontiac interior......

YUCK!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #75
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

plastic fantastic!

my old mans VX commy is sooo annoying! Everytime he drives it all you can hear is the plastic dash squeeking so you have to turn the radio up just to get rid of the sound. Have taken the dash apart and still no luck.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #76
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki
Got the webbing on his hand caught in the handbrake many times when putting it in its driving position.
I can't even envisage how that's possible?!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #77
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
so it's still got the stupid handbrake but they stole the vents from a 1999 toyota echo and the piano black from a bf fairmont. whoop de do.

Even the dials look very BA/BF
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #78
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Whatever, the Holden fans will love it like the second coming and combined with local Cruze production,
Holden will again be the darlings of Australian automotive manufacturing and average punters.

Ford needs something big to wow the public or the second half of 2010 is gonna be all one way traffic to HOLDEN.....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #79
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I can't even envisage how that's possible?!
Just tried it on my own - unless the police force recruited aquaman, no matter how I try there's no way in the world I can catch the webbing on my hand in the handbrake. I can catch a finger but only if I hit the release button at the bottom of my thumb near the wrist.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #80
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

The vents are a failure. The rest of it looks to be improved, although that wouldn't have been too hard to do.

The question is, though, have they improved on VE's tackiness/cheapness?
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #81
CODSASR

Is it just my bad eyes or is ther no cd slot? Surly there is one ther but everytime I look I cant see it
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #82
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
How am i trolling when i own a XA GT COUPE and XY GT, the XC was the last of the real fords from the 80s til now there all rubbish.

Why is it that I find that very hard to believe?
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #83
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
The vents are a failure. The rest of it looks to be improved, although that wouldn't have been too hard to do.

The question is, though, have they improved on VE's tackiness/cheapness?
Thats the big question.. our VE calais felt very cheap / KIAish as far as materials went...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #84
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Ford needs something big to wow the public or the second half of 2010 is gonna be all one way traffic to HOLDEN.....
I think a new blown V8 will be a big winner for Ford in the 2nd half of 2010..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #85
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
I mean whats with the suitcase door handles on the FG.
Maybe they're just 'following the leader' as the VE has had these type of door handles since it was released.

Boom tish.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #86
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Maybe they're just 'following the leader' as the VE has had these type of door handles since it was released.

Boom tish.
Lol, I just had a look and your right the VE's do have these same door handle's, I wonder what our friend "outback" has to say now,
what a tool.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #87
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I think a new blown V8 will be a big winner for Ford in the 2nd half of 2010..
Agree, it will really reinvigorate the range. Get the Falcon back on a lot of shopping lists.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #88
Outback
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man

Why is it that I find that very hard to believe?
Thats easy fixed come to my place and look for yourself i have owned the XA for 30 years and Purchased Bob Matics XY 10 years ago.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #89
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its just a new centre stack and vents. Fits within existing hardpoints. Big deal.

Hopefully with the change in audio they fix some of the electronic bugs too.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #90
markof

Just another Commondore for the Masses - same old tired setups - They'll sell like hotcakes as they all think they will be goin' better. Go better still with a Chev Badge.