Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #61
whitetdci

Default Re: Porsche 911 Turbo v. V8 Supercar

or maybe the Switzer GTR that runs mid 8s
whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #62
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #63
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600 View Post
Yep you are.

Ran around Barbagallo for 6 laps straight in the consistant 69's on street legal rubber with my "Road suspension" setup, blazing the tyres on every corner exit while an R35 GTR did one lap .4 secs faster but did 15 more laps and averaged about .5 secs slower, and we all know what a GTR will do to a 911.

Mind you the TS50 is about the same price as a 911 Turbo.... :togo:

Daniel
Gee mate get out of second next time :-). I did 68s on my 46hp dirt bike (road tyres though of course)
My stock standard E49 Charger on 205s and brakes that didn't last a lap was 74
Old 07-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #64
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

You try pedalling 800rwhp around a track with street tyres Trev!
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #65
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Lol :-)
Need a track tune done...?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #66
1TUFFUTE
Banned

What is this thread even exist for....I could pick it to pieces but its been done before and i don't have the energy to educate silly people again
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #67
Motorbreath310

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
What is this thread even exist for....I could pick it to pieces but its been done before and i don't have the energy to educate silly people again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Simpson
This is why we can't have nice things!
It didn't have to be this way. I found it to be an interesting and thought- provoking comparison. Why can't people acknowledge this, and just accept it for what it is?

Hate to think of the letters TopGear recieved when they raced a Eurofighter against a Veyron?
Motorbreath310 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #68
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit Truck View Post
Im glad this topic came about, as im interested in buying a standard 911, turbo costs too much, unless there is a cheaper one around. Second hand offcourse, anyone has any pros and cons about these cars?

Looking from around 2004+, found a nice targa one with the glass roof, standard motor though... Do they go well?
A standard 997 Carrera (not the S) will do the triple figures in about 5.0s if its a manual, the 5 speed auto adds about .3-.5s to that time. Targa top is heavier, so generally is a little slower performance wise.

Still a ripping good drive. My old man has a 2007 997 C2S and it is fantastic. The 996 is not so popular, so garners lower 2nd hand prices, but it is still a great car and shouldn't be overlooked.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #69
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
It didn't have to be this way. I found it to be an interesting and thought- provoking comparison. Why can't people acknowledge this, and just accept it for what it is?

Hate to think of the letters TopGear recieved when they raced a Eurofighter against a Veyron?
I will add this..... all i know is that the race prepped porshe Carreras cup support series (not sure exactly what model porshe they run)..,,,but they run slower lap times then the v8 supercars at every track im sure......so I find it hard to believe a standard model out pacing a SC. didnt crompo mention the other round the v8s will hit 100 in under 3 secs.......
Old 07-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #70
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes the article also points out the Porsche can be driven to work every day in traffic, putter around town using 10L/100kms, with a nice radio AC leather trim, yet hose anything to legal speeds and beyond.

I'm sure your 11.2 required some sticky tires a bit of a burn-out.......30 years ago your car might have pulled a 16 second pass so it seems a fair bit has been achieved in 30 years

Meh, I run 11.9's with no burnout, normal rubber and three baby seats and a tool box in the back, a full sized spare and a tank of fuel in my 4 door sedan. I also drive it daily, service it every 10 000km for only $350, and have a reasonable amount of kit as standard.

I think Im batting well enough to not be worried about something like the Porsche 911 Turbo.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #71
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Wish my memory was better but there's a track comparo where the turbo falcons where dead even with the Porsches in the 80-120 in gear acceleration. If thats not impressive you can go jump of a bridge

I'd like to add that a porshe GT3 is my supercar of choice to
Pretty sure mark webber has good tastes and bought one for himself.....payed full price too. Good tastes that guy lol
Old 08-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #72
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I'd like to add that a porshe GT3 is my supercar of choice to
Pretty sure mark webber has good tastes and bought one for himself.....payed full price too. Good tastes that guy lol
Webber got the top spec limited Edition GT2 RSR.

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #73
GT-spec15

Had a blast in a 997 mk2 Turbo S and it is like being shot out of a cannon.

No fuss, no wheelspin, just wow.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #74
timeout

Three pages of waffles. Easy answer BMW 1000rr bike.
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #75
mcnews
Trev

Yeah but they require skill and most people would be faster on track on regular middleweight street bike with half the power.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #76
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the super car is almost 2 seconds faster in the 100-200kph range - the double clutch and 4x4 does wonders for the porsche

now the new GT2 will be interesting - extra 40hp and only rwd saving anything up to 190kg
now that would be a fun car (for about $400k it better be)
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #77
GT-spec15

GT2 aka the widowmaker.

Take a 911 Turbo, add power and reduce traction. Epic.