Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #61
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Is there any upcoming vehicle release that has you interested at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
The DT RAM 2500 is still meant to be coming from RAM Australia and should have the Cummins diesel. It is already available through the other converters. In fact I saw one locally the other day.
Ah right. I read somewhere in the last week that it was only going to have the V8 petrol for the DT (but it didn't say 1500 or 2500). That, of course, might not be the final story.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2021, 10:46 PM   #62
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Is there any upcoming vehicle release that has you interested at all?

Since this seems to be the only website on the internet with a time limit on editing posts I'll have to add some vehicles I forgot in my last post.

Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer. Even though we won't get the Wagoneer.

Genesis GV70

New Levorg. Current one is nice, but I feel like it has a few thing holding it back from being amazing. If the new has the rumoured 2.4 turbo it would be pretty sweet. Get rid of the CVT and put in a DSG and proper manual too.

Ram TRX coming to Australia. That's a beast of a thing.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2021, 11:31 PM   #63
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Since this seems to be the only website on the internet with a time limit on editing posts I'll have to add some vehicles I forgot in my last post.
That's a good point.

I bought some micro-controllers from a company that had an online forum with no time limit on updates. I got banned for saying something didn't work as expected, where the owners had outsourced super-user access to some French guy who took exception to my report. So I edited all my previous posts to say, I am no longer interested in these products. All of them.

Long story short, I got a message from the owner saying he understands that "he would like to retract some advice given in the past which was wrong" but that changing those posts ruins the good information provided by the members of the forum. The rules were then changed to have a time limit on updates.

Would I do it again, yes, I am in no doubt that things that I had issues with would cause pain for customers with my ability or less... so I no longer post anything in that forum.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2021, 11:35 PM   #64
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Sadly, I can't find a car I'm interested in to replace my FG2 Turbo.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2021, 12:51 AM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
The V6TT is a good unit but for sure there would be a lot of interest in a V8. I've been having a serious think about a Stinger lately.

To be fair their entire business model collapsed when Holden ended but they are still going.

They've done pretty good on the Murican trucks though. That venture has been way more successful than anyone had anticipated I reckon. See them all the time around here.
I found this from Autotech Engineering on a Kia Stinger - check out what it did with a tune and the basics:

Even at low engine speed, 95km/h it pulled a 50KW increase in power over stock, its impressive given its on the factory turbos, we're probably looking at the only alternative on the market to an FG/FGX XR6T from a modification platform perspective.

With HSV/Walkinshaw - yeah they're doing well out of converted American utes, they're doing it to an OE standard too unlike some other dodgy chop shops.

I feel like they can offer more to the aftermarket scene too, or even more local tuning capabilities to other manufacturers, ie say a manufacturer like LDV wanting to get local suspension tuning to suit our market for example or things like that.

I feel that they could work their wonders under the bonnet of these Thailand Specials, I guess the average 'lifestyle' buyer who this market appeals to couldn't care less about whats under the hood, otherwise HSV would be doing something there.

This is probably a weird one but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those Victoria Police highway patrol BMW 530D's - wonder what they'll be worth when they hit the second hand market, I suspect that diesel I6 they have could churn out more ponies with some help of the aftermarket and being a police spec stripper model it won't have a lot of the problematic electronic crapola BMW is chock full of.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-03-2021 at 01:00 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #66
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
This is probably a weird one but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those Victoria Police highway patrol BMW 530D's - wonder what they'll be worth when they hit the second hand market, I suspect that diesel I6 they have could churn out more ponies with some help of the aftermarket and being a police spec stripper model it won't have a lot of the problematic electronic crapola BMW is chock full of.
i have a cop mate and he said there was an internal fight to get a 300c over the 530D, he said they have had lots of issues with them and not as comfortable as the 300c. if thats the case the 530d's will probably be phased out and replaced with something else again, i did hear that stingers were going to be co developed with the police electrical systems so the stock stinger dash would control there computers and other tech.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #67
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The Ferrari Purosangue SUV.

Interested to see what they can do with an SUV, despite hating the idea that they are actually going to build one. Enzo would be rolling in his grave.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2021, 08:43 PM   #68
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
I see they have just stopped all imports of Subaru Outbacks with no report as to why.
Just to follow up on this -

"Subaru has lodged a recall to fix the pre-collision braking system on the 2021 Outback, and explained why dealers have been told to stop delivering cars to customers."

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...lem-identified
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #69
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I regularly visit sites such as Caradvice, Car Expert, Carsales, and various YouTube channels and overseas sites just seeing what is coming, being tested, scooped and reviewed...and lately nothing has even remotely tweaked my interest apart from next Ranger...

Do you feel the same lack of interest and while I know Covid has had an impact what are your thoughts and is there anything I may have missed you'd like to share?

Maybe my malaise is also based on the fact my wife ordered an Escape in Dec and still doesn't have a build date...so maybe I'm suffering "NNCD...No New Car Disease" and the vaccine isn't even being worked on

Overall, feel the same. Most launches, meh.

However, the ICE is going out with a bang for lovers of petrol inline 6's:

Land Rover Defender 3.0 petrol twin turbo inline 6
Also in Range Rover, probably soon Discovery, and Jaguar through their range - before Jag goes all-electric that is.

Mazda petrol inline 6 in AWD CX5, and in their other cars like the 6 and CX9

Anticipated launches: 300 Series Cruiser

When it comes to electric cars, I dunno. The performance looks mad. But they just haven't jumped out as a "must have, must see" kind of thing. More interested in CNC these days tbh