Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-10-2005, 08:40 AM   #61
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Dan, it's an opinion mate, calm down. I just don't know if he's a nice guy or not. He can be ripped to the eyeballs but it doesn't necessarily make him someone I'd wanna spend time with.
Thats fine, your entitled to opinions, but the comment you just made is not consistent with your initial evaluation of Ryan Renolds....

Quote:
I mean, I have thought on occasion for example that John Cusack would be nice, down to earth, friendly, approachable... but heard that in reality, he doesn't talk to anyone and when ordering a meal, he'll whisper what he wants to his PA, who will then tell the waitress (http://www.bitterwaitress.com/).
When you spend your ENTIRE life growing up in Hollywood as the Cusack's did, I imagine that the weird Hollywood behaviour would seem normal after a while. Although again it's a one sided story.

Quote:
I was saying in my post that everyone should work on their inner worlds and that perfection is only skin deep. Concentrating on the meaning of life, the big questions, and personal growth are much more attractive.
Personal growth is attractive and important yes. Meaning of life and the big questions?? Seen Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? Crap movie, those two things are only concepts put forward by people that try to justify themselves as big thinkers when really there is NO meaning of life, it's all about personal growth and how we interact with other people in their lives....

Quote:
I didn't say that all ripped people are shallow and have bad personalities, just that it's a tendency is all. They are focussed on having the "ideal" bod and can get caught up in how they look, rather than how they think, or how they feel about the world, or laughing alot and mucking around.
A generalisation. I know some people on here are like that about cars.

Quote:
And my comments - do you realise how women have put up with that kinda stuff for years now? Remember that Jessica Simpson thread (men on here would hit that and not even want to chat to her)... or the thread where men put up pics of hot chicks.
I don't for one second believe that Jessica Simpson is exactly as she is made out to be, yes she MAY be below average intelligence, but I would regard her show with her husband to be the epitome of shallowness. As per the thread of posting hot chicks, yes they are hot, but there was no talk of them being dumb or shallow or not nice people, pure physical attraction is different from having a rib at someone's personality.

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
DanXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #62
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman82
Care to back that personal attack up?

MODS: I know this shoulda been a PM.....

Dan...
And sadly personal attacks, name calling etc is all that ever comes from these idiot threads. This one is well on the way for a padlock. Can we all think a little before adding slop that would be more at home in people magazine than on a sensible forum. What anyone want to ingest, rub on their flesh etc is entirely their own business/stupidity and best kept their own business.
The Bullworker is probably still advertised on the back pages of Radioactive Man comics, those with the low esteem could perhaps order one of those quietly.

The detractors can limit themselves to the odd silent snicker. And we can get on with forum. And before the usual offenders moan cries of bullying! This is not bullying it is a polite request to not allow standards to drop, it is more than just coincidence my predictions of the threads inevitable outcome came true!!

David.

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 24-10-2005 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spell-check
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 09:09 AM   #63
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Pfft, Ryan Reynolds. I'm aiming more at The Rock!!! I have a bit of work to do, but hey, no harm trying!
Old 24-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #64
Supa R00
Rolling on Simmons...

Meh! that build is nothing compared to ronnie coleman, newly cround 8 time winner of mr olympia... check it out http://www.bigroncoleman.com/Pages/Profile.html
5Spd, Simmons FR17"s, SupaLow's, Sprint Bodykit,
Cam, exhaust and all that jazz... Complete AU XR6 conversion and soon to be turbo!
:voldar02:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
When has any XR6 after the ED, prior to the XR6T been anywhere near being a performance car, or much more of a car than a stock taxi spec Gli?
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #65
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa R00
Meh! that build is nothing compared to ronnie coleman, newly cround 8 time winner of mr olympia... check it out http://www.bigroncoleman.com/Pages/Profile.html
Yeah but that is just DISGUSTING...

Sorry that is NOT attractive in the slightest.
Old 24-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #66
donkeylover

Its not attractive but he must have worked hard to get like that.I think most people want to just tone up or fill out to a half decent size i think he went crazy lol.
donkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #67
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Ronnie Coleman has an excelent build, it just takes lots of hard work and chemicals to achieve it
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 06:32 PM   #68
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
How did I miss this thread?! Bit of a paper bag job, and you wouldn't want him for the conversation, but still... GodDAMN! :sm_drool: :sm_drool: :sm_drool:
And if we had all of that, plus all the time to work out and concentrate on issues that are only skin deep, then yeah we'd all be "perfect". How boring.

Work on the inner you ssj_jaypee, and the inner you will shine outwards. Try to stay fit and healthy but don't get obsessed... men are now developing eating disorders and it hasn't worked for women so why go down that road?

At the beginning of this post, I appreciated his bod but at the same time he doesn't seem to have much brain power, a good sense of humour, or a nice attitude/life outlook.

And I can tell you I'd rather the latter any day. Ripped men are just that, it doesn't make them nicer people. Actually it can make them selfish and arrogant - think of all the "gorgeous" women who can't string a sentence together and all you ever see them eat is lettuce and celery. BORING!
Another well thought out enlightening piece of "Bindi-ism " _ , from movies like Van Wilder and two guys a girl and a pizza place i get the impression Ryan Reynolds would be the life of the party.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #69
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Hey Bindi, have you seen Blade 3?
Ryan Reynolds is quite the character, alot of the lines he used in the movie were from his own contribution. He's pretty hilarious and down to earth, atleast in the special features which did a run down of his everyday life schedule.

I'm not obsessed, though thanks for the info.
Its just something to aspire to. Everybody has something or someone they have as a role model whether it be because they are really fit/strong/smart/talented/etc.

It has nothing to do with low self esteem as a few people make it out to be.
And yeah, being fit, strong and healthy does give you many benefits. Its not just for other people, but mainly for yourself.
Alot of these people are very dedicated to what they do, they set goals to achieve which can require alot of effect.
I admire that, just as much as I would admire somebody who could spend all their time and efforts on becoming a lab technician or whatever.

This thread is NOT about whats more important in life as a few people make it out to be.
Its about dedicating yourself to train and become stronger, fitter, healthier and I used Ryan Renolds as a reference.

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post