Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:19 AM   #61
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
So whats the turn out been like over the last 2 weeks?

It all comes down to value for money. You can pay $40 for 4 runs, or you can pay $65 for 10 runs. I'd rather then 2nd.
For mine it’s about getting cars of the streets and getting them racing in a controlled environment, for the young it must remain very much affordable.
Most guys take there mates 1 car 2 mates $115, before the rise it was $80.

I have also heard the comp cars are now racing with the street cars $65 cheaper and they have insurance included.
Where as racing from the infield its $130 for a comp car and they need to have there own insurance if there not an ANDRA licensed driver.
I may go down there this Friday see how things are..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #62
XRNIL8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
Its the Insurance and Resurfacing that caused the Price Rise .. If only the Government of Victoria Opened its Cavity and Spent some money on a Facility on the Easter Suburbs none of the Street Hooning / Boredom would occur ..

Leave it to Nanna and Poppa to Stop that though .. God Damn Whippersnappers ..

Go down to Phillip Island .... do they have track days and so on there ???? ..... otherwise move to the other side of town .... haha!

Hey, if I can move from Qld to here in the name of better access to motorsports, you can move a few suburbs .... :

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
The new home of Motorsport in Central Victoria
XRNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #63
JoesAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
What ever they think justified the increase, I was told on the weekend Calder Park was given $8 million for upgrades by the State Government.
yeah i got told that last month, so it must be true, the guy is a rat
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:18 AM   #64
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

My mail was 10 million, either way it's extrodinary....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 07:37 AM   #65
Tapd
Pro Photographer

There were around 15 cars at the track last night. no fords! Unless you count an rx7 with a 347! It was embarrassing turnout. Lets hope they see the light and put the prices down.
Tapd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #66
x_phantom_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapd
There were around 15 cars at the track last night. no fords! Unless you count an rx7 with a 347! It was embarrassing turnout. Lets hope they see the light and put the prices down.
Yeah I went there last night hoping to see some nice cars, as the weather was perfect for racing. But the place was dead! We only stayed for an hour then left, so boring. I wouldn't be surprised if Caldar lowers the prices back to what they used to be.
x_phantom_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #67
Bossxr8
Peter Car

That can only be a good thing, if no one turns up then they must surely realize that no one is going to pay such high prices.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #68
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea i agree bossxr8, if they see know one is coming anymore, they might lower it back to 40 ...
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #69
JoesAu

15cars last week, lol joints a joke 25 to get in to see shhht heaps
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #70
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys get a message saying pro cars are now not permitted?

Interesting. Lets say they average 35 street cars and 35 spectators bringing in revenue of $3,150. Add maybe $700 ($10 a head) on food and drinks.

Then consider the operating expenses and wages....

I can't see calder park lasting too long in its current format.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 01:32 AM   #71
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Just Bob cracking his whip flexing some muscle as he knew they have been boycotting the place.
The comp cars have stayed away because of the $90 price rise and no insurance in the over all gate takings there loosing around 10 cars $400 under what they use to pay...
Another Step backwards for drag racing in Vic.

PRESS RELEASE

all competition car competitors
To All Competition Car Competitors,
Due to the lack of entries in Competition Cars over the last several weeks, as of and including Friday 1 February 2008, regretfully Competition Cars will not, until further notice, be eligible to enter into competition for the Friday night Legal Off Street Drags.

Should the Competition Car community wish to return in greater numbers to Calder Park, we would be happy to accommodate them at some future time?

We thank all Competition Car competitors for their support provided towards Calder Park in the past years.

Yours sincerely,

MANAGEMENT
Australian Motorsport Club
At Calder Park Raceway

Last edited by SpoolMan; 21-01-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 20-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #72
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

Wow ! I wouldn't say the beginning of the end, as that was a while back, but the end is getting near !
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #73
jcxr
Tribal Elder

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, how many cars been racing lately??? Has it occured to management that things are amiss.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #74
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Has it occured to management that things are amiss.
Never he sticks his head in the sand, he can afford too just got 8 or 10 million from the government for upgrades..

Word is ANDRA are in talks with the State Government about a track at Avalon its very positive, but no money has been committed which is always the problem.

JC did you see this looking good for S.A.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11209736

Last edited by SpoolMan; 15-02-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 28-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #75
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So how many cars have been turning up? Is it run as much as you want?

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 09-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #76
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

PRESS RELEASE

all competition car competitors
To All Competition Car Competitors,
Due to the lack of entries in Competition Cars over the last several weeks, as of and including Friday 1 February 2008, regretfully Competition Cars will not, until further notice, be eligible to enter into competition for the Friday night Legal Off Street Drags.

Should the Competition Car community wish to return in greater numbers to Calder Park, we would be happy to accommodate them at some future time?

We thank all Competition Car competitors for their support provided towards Calder Park in the past years.

Yours sincerely,

MANAGEMENT
Australian Motorsport Club
At Calder Park Raceway

Ha seems like they think they are playing hard ball by turning away comp cars, some how this won't last as spectators really only go and see the comp cars not so much the streeters.....

The only thing as racers we can do is not go at all even to watch and they will soon realize that they are not getting a cent through the door, only then will they think about dropping the price.......l still think it's better to go to Heathcote anyway as it feels like Calder used to be when l was young as in the atmosphere and you are closer to the action......

Just have to look at the improvements that Heathcote has made in the last few years for the racers.....

Cheers Chris....

P.S BOB get with the real world we are the dictators of racing....
Old 09-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #77
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think everyone has over-reacted a little (As did I at the start). The price jump was not managed very well. They should have given more notice, not just bump the price up unexpectedly. They could have also done it in smaller increments.

Heathcote is quite far, so when you factor in the petrol $$$ to get there and back its not that much cheaper. Also if you have a mishap out there...the tow cost could cover an entire year's of racing fee.

I like Heathcote but you have to make a day of it...where as Calder you just give up the night.

I'm guessing $65 has scared everyone off so might give it a go over the next few weeks. $65 is cheap if you get to run as many times as you like....

Rides (past and present)

Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #78
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Well Calder to me is still a bush track compared to the other states track setup ie: track condition and organisation and also seating for spectators...

Get with the times Calder Park then maybe we might be happy with the price hike.
Old 16-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #79
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have things changed in last 6 months?
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #80
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
have things changed in last 6 months?
its a nice clean place looks very good, complex is improving, plenty of promotion going on, good prize money ($20,000) was top prize last night also Charity benefited and gave away a car to paying customer through the gate.
now the bad.
I was out there yesterday for 13.5 hours the racing finished at 12.15am what a joke and after this there was still a trophy presentation...
Track start line had issues again well most cars looked to be feathering to get of the line.
The twin turbo Cortina from Sydney had to much power for the track, once it lost traction at half track went sideways was good save and very lucky damage looked minor.
Crowd number were low and they were expecting more you can tell by the food vans on site and up the hill.

To charge $35 for a kid over 13yo, same price for an adult and no concession how can a family with 2 kids afford $140 to watch a mix of street cars and comp cars race.
Campare:
WSID Group one spectator costs for 2008 Fuchs Australian Nationals.
Sunday, September 14
Adults - $40.00
12-16 years - $30.00
Seniors - $30.00
Family Pass - $100.00 (2 x Adults + 3 x 12-16years).

Calder still needs better organizing in the drag racing department to much stop start with people waving there hands and better pricing there meeting are not worth group one pricing.

Another positive is on January door slammers are coming for a run (Victor Bray), rumor is there only doing 1/8 mile I hope this is not true, either way I cant see these cars hooking up, maybe very softly..

Last edited by SpoolMan; 16-11-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 16-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #81
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

I went yesterday and I gave to admit, it was hard handing over $35 to watch some street cars run the quarter mile a couple of times. With the money raised at every meet I would like to be able to sit in a grand stand rather than on a dusty hill with fist sized rocks creeping up my backside!

Last edited by sfr rob; 16-11-2008 at 05:25 PM.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post